Page 82 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1770

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    ...but at 82 pages, there is not much to be said that hasn't been said during the initial reactions.
    I'm getting fed up with this orgasm!

Nobody has said that yet...
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    I'm getting fed up with this orgasm!

Nobody has said that yet...

Or ever

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I've seen a +1 version drop in a random chest, but I've not seen or heard of a +2 dropping anywhere, whether it be random loot or either of those raids. Maybe I missed a screenshot somewhere.

Edit: found the thread here

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...y-drop-in-game

tracking drops and locations. I know it's a bit out of date, but there is no mention of +2 fate tomes dropping in game at all.
    I've pulled a +2 tome of fate. Couldn't tell you where, but I know I never paid for it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    TLR

I tried, really tried, but just could not read past about page 74, due in part to excessive length, due in part to excessive posting (Silverleaf, looking at you here) and due in part to excessive repetition... there just wasn't much new to read.

And here's my take on the last 20 or so pages...

STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS!

We do NOT know that level will go to 30.
    We do NOT know that ED levels will go to 10 (and god I hope not).
    We do NOT know what they have planned as rewards, and recommending 500 options (most of which are very broken... I mean, twisting level 6 abilities? Seriously?) is probably not helpful or productive since you are effectively throwing rocks in the ocean hoping to hit a fish.

Please stay focused on the issue at hand and the information we have. Rewards are not even part of the discussion from the dev side yet (with the exception of up-front compensation for losing ED XP).

For now PLEASE stay focused on the process rather than getting lost in elements that haven't even been offered yet from Turbine.

Personally I prefer option 2 unless there is a mass 1-time offering for bonding on option 1 (and even then, I think this option penalizes new folks unnecessarily).
    I see this as less about making assumptions than it is about asking the devs to take a longer view. Yes, I find most of what Silver suggests in these posts to be over the top. But I do think the devs should have a very good idea of where they expect to take the game over the next several years before implementing new systems as that doesn't seem to be how they generally do things around here. Making it up as they go appears to be more their style, which is likely why the game has so many unfinished dead ends in it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Epic Destiny True Reincarnation is defined as happening at level cap, not at level 28.

If/when the level cap is increased beyond 28, so will the requirement. Yes, this means it's potentially quicker or easier if you do it sooner.

That's our current thinking. This doesn't necessarily mean it will go on and on and on to level 999, but the important bit is that it's not tied to level 28.
    So basically DDO is turning into WOW with unlimited levels in the future? So we can see player level increasing past 30, or 40, or 50, or even 100? If this is the case please tell me now.
    Eberron is being killed since there's no new content coming, and hasn't been since before MotU, eGH doesn't count, since it didn't add anything new except the raid which is similar in nature to the old way of completing Tor with just an added pair to kill.
    Things don't get fixed, hoping the players will just ignore it and move on to the next shiny thing that is released, think Buadry chain, or GH wilderness to name just two.

Community Member

Oh man, I just had a brilliant idea.

How about instead of wrecking systems that aren't broken, you FIX THE ****ING BUGS YOU HAVE? Genius, I know! Seriously, after spending hundreds of thousands of plat and hundreds of shards on hirelings who just stand around doing nothing and who die with full SP; spending hours upon hours harvesting coins from idiotic games to craft handwraps only to find they've been broken for months and will never be fixed; broken hotbars; broken spells; broken crafting; broken ladders... maybe you could spend some time fixing the 80,000 open bugs! Or take 15 seconds and set up a rewrite rule for the forum 404s!

What a joke. This is the kind of **** you start when you have 150 developers sitting around doing nothing needing work.

Timeout on initial login. Months of "Setting to stop squirming." But hey, entering strings in a DB is boring. Let's do something fun and complicated that we can abandon halfway through!

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaNRage View Post
    So basically DDO is turning into WOW with unlimited levels in the future?
    ... Actually, Blizzard has stated that they were going to stop raising the level cap once they hit 100. (In other words, they're either going to do 2 more 5-raises, or one last 10 raise.)

Somewhat irrelevant to a DDO discussion, but important to note nonetheless.
    "F*** Jay and Silent Bob, f*** them up their stupid a**es."
    "Who the f*** said that s***?"
    "A guy who calls himself 'Magnolia Fan'."

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaNRage View Post
    So basically DDO is turning into WOW with unlimited levels in the future? So we can see player level increasing past 30, or 40, or 50, or even 100? If this is the case please tell me now.
    Well the highest D&D PnP module ever edited was 18-100 ( A.k.a. H3 The Throne of Bloodstone ).

Now the interesting bit is that it takes place not far from Cormyr...
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Well the highest D&D PnP module ever edited was 18-100 ( A.k.a. H3 The Throne of Bloodstone ).

Now the interesting bit is that it takes place not far from Cormyr...
    Dude . . . those modules made my jaw drop when i saw some of the proposed encounters.

I'd love to see a Bloodstone lands expansion.

Default My take on this

Well i might as well throw my 2c's in, so here it goes....

What i see are the real issues are...

everything you guys have done recently has been to create game that is easier for the new players to DDO be able to compete and catch up with existing vet's, easier loot. epic n/h/e loot drops so new players have a chance to gear up and ASah so they could P2W there way into the mix. eg XP stones and to create new revenue avenues

unfortunatly youve created a system where vet's dont want to play with new players. and why is that cause were seeing new players who never had to learn how to play the game. mulitple TR's who play as bad as someone just joining the game.

and this epic TR business will just make the divide worse. the Vets who can burn a life in 3-5days without a xp stone. who will be a epic completionist within a month of this proposed new system being implemented.

Its just gonna create an even bigger divide.

Back when the old seal/shard/scroll system and low drop rates were around. even guys who had played for a few years wouldnt be that much more geared then a newish player. and because of the low drop rates high end gear was rare. you had to really grind things out.

which guess what made you a better player because you werent soloing and shortmanning epics for your gloves of the claw shard. you were forced to group up.

Now the easy button youve created to entice new players to stick around is finally biting you in the ass.

and allowing Epic TRing from 28 back to 20 will just create an even greater gap making sure the new players never ever play with the vets.

all of us Vets now had mentors, guys who gave us hints and advice and helped us become the players we are now. (Frostii for me)

epic TR should be forced to go back to lvl1. dont divide the player base more then it is now. and try and create a system where it would be advantageous for vets to give back to the new players.

i know a tall order but i dont see another way in bridging the gap. a mentoring system or xtra xp for open lfm's, some sort of way of encouraging grouping with new players.

make high end loot drops more rare. as it is now we can thru multiple toons and ransack EE chests and gear are toons to easy. again making the divide wider.

losing ed xp if thats what it takes to get the game back on track hell ill deal with it, if it fixes the fatal flaws youve created.

i know Devs your intentions are well but it seems you have no clue what really goes on in the trenches and the lack of understanding your player base and how to bridge said gaps has eroded the banks of the canyon between Vets/New player base to an even wider margin.

and this proposal how i see it will just make things worse.

we want you to make money, we want the game to grow and expand so we can enjoy the game for another 7years.

start thinking of real solutions instead of implementing something that seems to be thought out on a acid trip with no true understanding of the consequences.
    Kyokoi - 26th life, Completionist Barb
    Zornly 13th life, Cleric
    Zornley 3rd life, Sharadi Wiz Proud Officer of ToySoldiers

Community Member

I think that starting over from scratch is not acceptable nor that loots should be more rare, in sands epic it is known to be more a lottery than an actual grind feature, actual drop rates in new content are good as it. There is also no big gap based on past lives anymore as long as destinies makes most of the past life feats useless. Too many new players make premade builds from forums that can press 1,2,3 kill everything, tank on everything with evasion, saves and self heal abilities, but haven't got a clue how to do quests as you can just press forward through most of it.

I mean that what good are 3 bard lives or pally lives and a lot of other when you can have all saves at 50, dps with thousands of damage and more with a 1st lifer and do builds as much versatile as a full completionist with 30 lives. Destinies boosts so much that it broke the versatility of a lot of builds,feats, prestige classes, capstones and made them mostly obsolete. A rebalance is in priority to that matter and not only with the enhancements...

I know it makes issues for newcomers to actually play all raids but actually taking everyone onboard is an impossible challenge... as it is the same in all others mmos... people don't pug out much when your quest is hard enough.

In other games, people ask if people have T2 gear before making up to T3 etc. In this game it is based on the difficulty level, but it could be considered the same. In most cases, T1 normal, T2 hard, T3 EE... How we build up raids and groups is basically determined by how people want to play the game, i mean the community itself... I am not sure there is a solution to that beside adding new options to LFM... In the end, it would end up the same, people will be accepted or denied depending if they can do what is required for the difficulty selected. THE ONLY way i see to be close to fit for everyone is that if they release something in between like shroud which even as we speak is not totally obsolete, especially to fill out the spots...

This game needs in order balance, bug fix and features for all players; 1 that would fit all like a new shroud, and features made for vets as the casual, normal and hard content is actually more than suitable for newcomers!

Anyway, we will see how the team will or will not listen to the community pretty soon... i hope that they do!
    Last edited by maitremechant; 06-21-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Please clarify the loss of Epic Destiny XP.

We have ground out 19 million XP and don't see the point to do it all over again if we lose all 19 million for 2 measly build points.
    I agree we need clarity here

This is just my personal preference.

I really enjoy the entire 1-28 experience.

I also think that much of the wealth in DDO is not in the future content, but in the established catalog of adventures. The TR system makes it so that no content is ever really obsolete; even adventures with poor xp or loot are novel when you haven't done them in a while. So I look forward to TRing because I like the idea of playing through all that content again, while still improving my main character.

I only have a single character atm, with no plans for alts; I also have not maxed out all my epic destinies.

I think it would be nice if TR'ed Iconics started at level 1, but also if they were not included in the heroic completionist track (since they don't feel like classes, like Druid does); perhaps a special iconic completionist feat (that requires current and future iconic lives from level 1), to go along with a new Epic TR feat; keep them separate.

I am not every player, however. I like for content to feel hard and challenging. I don't mind having to level EDs again on each new life; on the way to 25 or 28, they pretty much cap for free.

The truth--to me anyway--seems to be that the perks for levels 21-28 are basically your choice of 2-3 EDs that cap without any work at all.

I do think that there should be an end to level increases at some point (probably 30 being the end); more levels doesn't add anything special to the game. Just fill the 20-30 bracket with tons and tons of content. Make future expansions about fleshing out and (re)building current systems. Put your power creep into expanded EDs, enhancements, gear from new content, etc. Maybe revamp the hireling system, and let us build out personal companions, etc.

Keep creating new systems, because they're fun, but start focusing on as much as content as possible. In the end, content is king, and it's a big reason why TR feels so much more DDO-centric than any sort of end-game.

Also, try to find a way to fairly compensate people for time invested. The entire TR system really helps here because it's an "out" if something breaks that lets you rebuild your character from scratch. Some ideas on how to do this could include:

A free, improved Lesser Reincarnation (build the freebie option into the system now, so you can give them out at will) that you can hand out whenever you make big changes to your systems.

Maybe pair changes to things like wiping ED XP with a simple, but much appreciated, gift box of potent XP elixirs for all characters in the 21-28 level range.

Be generous with your current players. Don't be afraid to give them stuff for free, because it's not really costing you a whole lot to part with these digital freebies. You can score a lot of brownie points and create a happy player base by being consistently generous; I'd be surprised if you didn't actually make more money as a result.

Keep it simple and elegant, in my opinion. All of this is my preference and opinion only, and I look forward to seeing what ends up coming out both with the Enhancement pass (very excited), and with Epic TR (love the TR system to death)!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    "How does this fit (or change) your playstyle? Read on for details, then let us know!"
    Well, this is how that made me feel:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...78_634x720.jpg

After recovering, heres a few suggestions:

* make it more simple, its already complex as it is, erradicate TR layers and different types;
    * dont mess with the epic destinies XP, really, cant imagine a worse move than this one;

I prefer Option 2 for many reasons.

You can make the Auto Grant Past Life stackable three times,
    thereby increasing the amount of ETRing available for those who
    wish to use it more.

This allows you to add more Iconics later on.

This allows you to be less concerned about what level cap and
    ED level cap is at any given time.

It streamlines the ETR process.

The auto Grant Past Lifes can be less uber thereby eliminating
    power creep problems since we are no longer sacrificing
    ED xp to gain them.

Most of the rage I see on this thread concerns a single point,
    loss of ED XP.

It allows the flower sniffers to wander in their leveling up process,
    something they tend to do, without fear of painting themselves
    into a corner.

It allows those who have a lot of Epic Destiny XP farmed out
    to be able to swap into an off/main destiny for a particular raid,
    such as moving into shadowdancer to be able to lead a Titan
    raid and do the puzzle with the closing doors.

It allows the Power Gamers who have all the Epic Destinies an
    easier time leveling up in their main destiny appropriate to
    their lastest class, but offers the 3x ED auto grant past life potential.
    Eventually everyone would be working towards this category.

VOTE NO TO PROPOSAL ONE!

Community Member

I don't think that EDs should be cashed in for heroic ranks when you TR. This would basically start your character at a higher level and all of those great low level quests would be forgotten. Keep the EDs and start at lvl 1 like normal

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    I prefer Option 2 for many reasons.

You can make the Auto Grant Past Life stackable three times,
    thereby increasing the amount of ETRing available for those who
    wish to use it more.
    Big problem with this is that it automatically means that the ED Past Life Feats will be decidedly meh. They have to be or having them 3 times would be ridiculously overpowered.

I'd rather see ED Past Life Feats being worthwhile taking once and once only.

If that means we get extra ED's for Cleric, Artificer and then each of the Iconics then so much the better.

I like this new system.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Big problem with this is that it automatically means that the ED Past Life Feats will be decidedly meh. They have to be or having them 3 times would be ridiculously overpowered.

I'd rather see ED Past Life Feats being worthwhile taking once and once only.

If that means we get extra ED's for Cleric, Artificer and then each of the Iconics then so much the better.
    An excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    CHOICE is a fabulous, and very important thing....

Let's try something radical and respect choice, find systems that allow choices to accommodate both the power and the casual gamer, the social and antisocial, the goal (xp or loot) driven and the entertainment driven. I think Turbine has made some great strides in that to date, an example being the multiple levels of epic opening end game up a lot more for players who dont' have the time or desire to turn their gaming hobby into a job, and the harder quests to make the power gamers happy. I like scaling because it allows choices for players to play alone or in groups as the mood moves them. Things that allow choice are fabulous.
    +1

Make everyone else happy or at least try, then Fawn will be happy...

Page 82 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 ... LastLast