Page 75 of 89 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1770
  1. #1481
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    Check out DDOracle for server traffic since this announcement. I don't think this announcement has had much of an impact on the current game environment. And quarterly, it looks like server traffic is actually up a notch over the last three months. I wouldn't cry doom and gloom over a few anecdotal incidents.
    I just came across this and had to laugh. The DDOracle traffic report has not been updated since April 27, 2013. The stats are a little stale. It might have helped if you checked your source before citing it.

  2. #1482
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Why not just have us lose all exp in JUST the ED we have primary at moment of epic TR... and then increase the xp needed to cap that destiny to 3 million? Leave all other EDs alone. Even okay to lose the 5 ranks of fate points from that ONE ED as well.
    OK, this is scary when I start to agree with Thrudh! 3 million XP? Can we keep it at 1.98 million XP? Ah! That's better!

  3. #1483

    Default

    I support “Player’s Choice Design for TR” as being a choice that should be seriously considered.

    http://www.ddocast.com/2013/06/ddocast-289/#PCDTR


    Some of my proposals were similar.

    I find it seriously better than Option #1.

  4. #1484

  5. #1485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    I find it seriously better than Option #1.
    Anything is better than proposal #1.

    Oh dear I am debating with myself....wanders off....

  6. #1486
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default the problem is the grind

    As has always been the case with the TR system it is way too much grind. A lot of people who would love to have some past lives, or even completionist don't because of how much grind it is. What I mean by that is I can't even make an estimation on how many times I have heard people say they would Tr but don't because of how much xp is needed for extra lives. As I see this ihurts the game in several ways.

    1) People who want the past lives, but cant stand the thought of having to run quests over and over to get through a life never TR, and eventually get bored playing end game and stop playing as much

    2) The newer players get left out of groups, a lot because of multi-life players not wanting to take newer player from fear of being slowed down or losing xp due to deaths.

    3) less people to group with at lower levels because a large portion of people don't want the grind of increased xp requirements

    4) new players who find the occasional veteran on a legend life usually cant run with them for very long because of the experience difference needed between the 2.

    5) the only content being run a lot of the time is the high xp/min grindable quests a lot of the time.

    6) the fun factor being taken out of the TR system and it being more of a carefully planned grind.

    I honestly believe that if the experience penalties for TR were removed completely and there was a way to get epic destinies back without the actual "grind" there would be a lot less frustration and anger in this thread.

  7. #1487
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Tomes of Fate drop in loot, from Caught in the Web and Fall of Truth.
    Sorry but i don't let that count there should be a workable way to get the fate points, the extreme rare drops in the raids are imho just a thin veil so one can say the tomes actually drop in game.

  8. #1488
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    3,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sir_smacks_alot View Post
    As has always been the case with the TR system it is way too much grind. A lot of people who would love to have some past lives, or even completionist don't because of how much grind it is. What I mean by that is I can't even make an estimation on how many times I have heard people say they would Tr but don't because of how much xp is needed for extra lives. As I see this ihurts the game in several ways.
    Unfortunately, this is a myth.

    Grind is optional. Farming high XP/min quests is most definitely the most time-efficient way of gaining XP, but this doesn't suit everyone. Luckily you don't need to do this.

    To prove this point, for my 40th life, we decided to:
    1. do every quest once and once only ... you have no idea how much pain this caused me to leave Shadow Crypt after only one run, but them's the rules
    2. do challenges just once to try and get as many stars as possible and the first time XP bonusses that come with them - we skipped kobold island challenges completely because they're a pain without a full party of arcanes to keep the crystals repaired
    3. tag each explorer for each wilderness area on a single run, check for rares but not reset and repeat to try and get them all, and just pick up whatever slayers we got in the process
    4. not drink any XP pots, not even the ones you get from House Cannith challenges or turning in Eberron Dragonshards

    Now both myself and my regular TR buddy have the Greater Learning Tome from the MotU expansion. I'm a VIP, but he isn't so I get the extra 10% XP from that, but he doesn't. As a VIP I get all of the volumes in the Monster Manual but he's missing the latest one I think. So I did pick up more XP from the Monster Manual in the process than he did.

    The end result was that we both reached 20 without having to repeat a single quest, just by doing an Elite Streak. We ended up banking levels and ended up having to level to avoid wasting XP, which unfortunately meant we didn't get the Elite Streak bonus for those quests. We skipped the Lords of Dust chain completely and just came back to do it on Epic because the Epic XP is so good. Probably half of the raids we didnt' have a party at-level for so we skipped those too. It's definitely not the fastest life I've ever done, but we proved it's doable. Also, when you don't have an XP Pot burning away, you're much more relaxed about taking your time through the quests, so I'm confident a semi-capable party of 3rd lifers could maintain their elite streak at least until level 18.

    So I'm afraid grind is 100% optional. You might be missing an adventure pack but that's something you can fix.

  9. #1489
    2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Tomes of Fate drop in loot, from Caught in the Web and Fall of Truth.
    Oh yeah, with a drop rate so low...

    According to a little bird there's 0,0005% to get a Tome of Fate ( +1 or +2 ) from the raid chest in FoT. ( in EE )
    Drop rates in CiTW are lower than that.

    So it is not an option...
    Last edited by Flavilandile; 06-19-2013 at 06:12 AM.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

  10. #1490
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    3,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Raising the level cap to 30 and leaving it there
    I wouldn't set a ceiling just because it's a round number. 28 is fine and allows the option further down the line to increase it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Raising epic destinies to 10 and leaving them there
    That means creating another 5x4x11, so up to 220 more ED enhancements? Why would we want to create that amount of additional work for the development team on top of the work that's just been done, or is currently being done, to the new enhancements? I'd rather see them direct that effort into making sure that every class has 3 worthwhile prestige trees to choose from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Making all heroic xp the same as first life xp
    Absolutely no need. 1st and 2nd life characters get a discount, 3rd life onwards sets the standard. Take an average-ish, or slightly above average developer-only party through every quest on hard and time them. If they got less than 1k/min then increase the XP for that quest to be 1k/min on hard, 750k per minute on normal and 1.5k per minute on elite. You've now made it easier for people to level, and they can add XP pots, Tomes of Learning, VIP bonusses and Elite Streaks into the mix. That and whatever time it takes a developer party, veterans could the quest in half their time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Making all epic xp levels cost 400 k each
    Epic levels cost 300k each right now. At the moment, that cost increases by 150k per level. I've speculated elsewhere that redoing the Epic XP curve would be as simple as reducing this increase to 75k and you have a new level 28 cap at 4.5mil which retain the idea of subsequent levels costing more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Design brand new passive past lives for every class and every iconic. Label and flag these different that those currently available past lives.
    Why reinvent the wheel for existing classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Only have a single type of TRing, that of gaining level 30, and TRing into a new heroic class or iconic. Iconics retain their bonus of +15 levels.
    Definitely not. Keep it simple. Keep the choice there for players. Keep Heroic TR as it is without touching ED XP, and add the Epic TR option at 28.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    If a toon already has the old past lives they keep them, but the old past lives are no longer available after the creation of the new TR system along with the dramatic shift in xp curves.
    Are you seriously suggesting that we now need to do another 39 lives to get these new past life feats in addition the the old ones we got.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Also allow an Epic Passive Past life for whatever active maxed epic destiny the toon was in at the time of this new type of TRing. This past life could stack once or three times.
    The problem here, is that if an Epic Destiny Past Life Feat is going to be worth having, then it has to have a degree to power to it. Having this up to 3 times would then make it overpowered. Easier to just earn it once and make it worth having.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Is this what the Devs are desiring, because this thinks outside of the box?
    Back in the box with you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Are you wanting us to play from heroic thru to level 30?
    We are better off right now with the division of the Heroic and Epic levels, it works well and it gives a nod to D&D Lore. It gives Turbine two different channels to develop storylines in, in two different realms. Absolutely no way we should force players to go to 28 or 30 before they TR. If we could experience every class and gain Completionist at 20, then why shouldn't new players have this option?

    That's my 2 astral shards worth. Lets's not create any additional work for the new Epic TR proposals and just keep things simple and easy to deliver. I'd rather see them make sure that every class has at least 3 worthwhile prestige trees, and that they add new Epic Destinies for Cleric and Artificer to give us the full 13. I'd even like them to add Epic Destinies for the new 4 Iconic classes, but again that's further down the road. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here.

  11. #1491
    Community Member Lauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    645

    Default

    After reading through it, I support “Player’s Choice Design for TR” as a choice that should be seriously considered.

    http://www.ddocast.com/2013/06/ddocast-289/#PCDTR

  12. #1492
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Unfortunately, this is a myth.

    Grind is optional. Farming high XP/min quests is most definitely the most time-efficient way of gaining XP, but this doesn't suit everyone. Luckily you don't need to do this.

    To prove this point, for my 40th life, we decided to:
    1. do every quest once and once only ... you have no idea how much pain this caused me to leave Shadow Crypt after only one run, but them's the rules
    2. do challenges just once to try and get as many stars as possible and the first time XP bonusses that come with them - we skipped kobold island challenges completely because they're a pain without a full party of arcanes to keep the crystals repaired
    3. tag each explorer for each wilderness area on a single run, check for rares but not reset and repeat to try and get them all, and just pick up whatever slayers we got in the process
    4. not drink any XP pots, not even the ones you get from House Cannith challenges or turning in Eberron Dragonshards

    Now both myself and my regular TR buddy have the Greater Learning Tome from the MotU expansion. I'm a VIP, but he isn't so I get the extra 10% XP from that, but he doesn't. As a VIP I get all of the volumes in the Monster Manual but he's missing the latest one I think. So I did pick up more XP from the Monster Manual in the process than he did.

    The end result was that we both reached 20 without having to repeat a single quest, just by doing an Elite Streak. We ended up banking levels and ended up having to level to avoid wasting XP, which unfortunately meant we didn't get the Elite Streak bonus for those quests. We skipped the Lords of Dust chain completely and just came back to do it on Epic because the Epic XP is so good. Probably half of the raids we didnt' have a party at-level for so we skipped those too. It's definitely not the fastest life I've ever done, but we proved it's doable. Also, when you don't have an XP Pot burning away, you're much more relaxed about taking your time through the quests, so I'm confident a semi-capable party of 3rd lifers could maintain their elite streak at least until level 18.

    So I'm afraid grind is 100% optional. You might be missing an adventure pack but that's something you can fix.
    Nicely said, and nicely done.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  13. #1493
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,678

    Default

    Silver, I agree with much of what you say, but this time I have to agree with Deadlock.

    Back in the box.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  14. #1494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Silver, I agree with much of what you say, but this time I have to agree with Deadlock.

    Back in the box.
    Lol, I was sleepy....yawn...

  15. #1495
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    If the devs have not watched this yet, please do:

    http://www.ddocast.com/2013/06/ddocast-289/
    This
    Cor, Tell, Kora, Corkal, Mordeci, Corin, and a few others.
    Synergia - Argonnessen

  16. #1496
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Unfortunately, this is a myth.

    Grind is optional. Farming high XP/min quests is most definitely the most time-efficient way of gaining XP, but this doesn't suit everyone. Luckily you don't need to do this.

    To prove this point, for my 40th life, we decided to:
    1. do every quest once and once only ... you have no idea how much pain this caused me to leave Shadow Crypt after only one run, but them's the rules
    2. do challenges just once to try and get as many stars as possible and the first time XP bonusses that come with them - we skipped kobold island challenges completely because they're a pain without a full party of arcanes to keep the crystals repaired
    3. tag each explorer for each wilderness area on a single run, check for rares but not reset and repeat to try and get them all, and just pick up whatever slayers we got in the process
    4. not drink any XP pots, not even the ones you get from House Cannith challenges or turning in Eberron Dragonshards

    Now both myself and my regular TR buddy have the Greater Learning Tome from the MotU expansion. I'm a VIP, but he isn't so I get the extra 10% XP from that, but he doesn't. As a VIP I get all of the volumes in the Monster Manual but he's missing the latest one I think. So I did pick up more XP from the Monster Manual in the process than he did.

    The end result was that we both reached 20 without having to repeat a single quest, just by doing an Elite Streak. We ended up banking levels and ended up having to level to avoid wasting XP, which unfortunately meant we didn't get the Elite Streak bonus for those quests. We skipped the Lords of Dust chain completely and just came back to do it on Epic because the Epic XP is so good. Probably half of the raids we didnt' have a party at-level for so we skipped those too. It's definitely not the fastest life I've ever done, but we proved it's doable. Also, when you don't have an XP Pot burning away, you're much more relaxed about taking your time through the quests, so I'm confident a semi-capable party of 3rd lifers could maintain their elite streak at least until level 18.

    So I'm afraid grind is 100% optional. You might be missing an adventure pack but that's something you can fix.
    I actually run every single quest every life seriously. I don't do my lives that fast so I can get the favor also. Honestly I have forgotten how many lives I have done at this point and don't care to try and count. Grinding is not really even optional in doing that, I don't know what you were doing but with a bravery bonus on every quest I am usually at level 18 by the time I finish them all. The exception being the few raids I can never get a group for. How you got to 20 with no repeats im not exactly sure seeing as I do it every life and never once has it equaled a full legend life. that is all beside the point anyway. Having to do every single quest even the ones you tried and don't like can be considered grind also for sure and by most people is considered a grind. Having the ability to choose to do some quests and skip the ones you don't like is actually fun and doesn't require planning or anything of that type also promotes a more healthy grouping system since everyone isn't worried about how they will get that last bit of xp needed for this level or that one. Any way you go about it the requirements for legend lives were a joke to begin with as it promotes a lot of farming and exclusion of newer people from group. Grinding, having to do every single little thing you can to get what you need, having to do the things you don't actually enjoy all bad for game in general. A system that literally huge portions of the gaming community refuse to use because of said grind also bad for the game. a sensible amount of the treadmill effect will keep people busy and promote a much healthier gaming environment while giving more people access to the systems implemented. I know all of it is optional and I have done many many lives, but people who aren't power gamers should not feel intimidated by the mechanics of the game. Nor should anything require so much time that it feels more like work than play when it is a GAME. Power gamers like me and probably a lot of the forumites are actually the minority in the game and I for one would like to get to run with new people or someone other than the same old people I see every life all the time.

  17. #1497
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    3,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sir_smacks_alot View Post
    I actually run every single quest every life seriously. I don't do my lives that fast so I can get the favor also. Honestly I have forgotten how many lives I have done at this point and don't care to try and count. Grinding is not really even optional in doing that, I don't know what you were doing but with a bravery bonus on every quest I am usually at level 18 by the time I finish them all.The exception being the few raids I can never get a group for. How you got to 20 with no repeats im not exactly sure seeing as I do it every life and never once has it equaled a full legend life.
    See above.

    Quote Originally Posted by sir_smacks_alot View Post
    Having to do every single quest even the ones you tried and don't like can be considered grind also for sure and by most people is considered a grind. Having the ability to choose to do some quests and skip the ones you don't like is actually fun and doesn't require planning or anything of that type also promotes a more healthy grouping system since everyone isn't worried about how they will get that last bit of xp needed for this level or that one.
    We've repeatedly asked for some of the crappy XP/Min quests to be revised to address this issue, see above:
    Absolutely no need. 1st and 2nd life characters get a discount, 3rd life onwards sets the standard. Take an average-ish, or slightly above average developer-only party through every quest on hard and time them. If they got less than 1k/min then increase the XP for that quest to be 1k/min on hard, 750k per minute on normal and 1.5k per minute on elite. You've now made it easier for people to level, and they can add XP pots, Tomes of Learning, VIP bonusses and Elite Streaks into the mix. That and whatever time it takes a developer party, veterans could the quest in half their time.

    Quote Originally Posted by sir_smacks_alot View Post
    Any way you go about it the requirements for legend lives were a joke to begin with as it promotes a lot of farming and exclusion of newer people from group.
    It's really not. When you have people stoning from 8 to 18 and doing a legend life in a weekend, or not actually skipping content and just doing a life in a week like I do, then it's not a joke. You can concentrate your efforts and do it quickly or take your time and do it over a few weeks. Nothing wrong with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by sir_smacks_alot View Post
    Power gamers like me and probably a lot of the forumites are actually the minority in the game and I for one would like to get to run with new people or someone other than the same old people I see every life all the time.
    The people that I would consider power gamers are all happy with the XP requirements for a Legend life. A fast and efficient XP train can still be great fun, enjoyable and rewarding. If you don't believe me, come join one of my Shadow Crypt farms. It'll have to be on an alt though, my main's done with TRing until U20

  18. #1498
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ShangHai
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Tomes of Fate drop in loot, from Caught in the Web and Fall of Truth.
    never seen one,40 times in both CITW and FOT,no such tomes ever dropped from my group,rarer than +5 upgrades if u ask me(at least i've seen them).
    IGN Manasdirge; guild:excalibur

  19. #1499
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,678

    Default

    As rare as Lunar atmosphere?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  20. #1500

    Default Suggestions for Angel PL Auto Grant

    Ok something useful http://ddowiki.com/page/Exalted_Angel

    I started seeing some suggestions for the Epic Destiny Past Life Auto Grant and frankly
    they are kind of poorly thought out.

    I do know about angel builds, so I can contribute there.

    Angels builds at the moment suffer from two things.
    Lack of Light SLA and terrible cooldown of Reborn in light.

    So, a solid Angel Past Life Auto Grant would address one or both of these two issues.

    The cooldown on Reborn in Light is the most complained about epic destiny cooldown;
    it is 30 minutes and persists after you leave a quest.

    Reducing the cooldown to 10 minutes would be much better without being broken.
    In fact many would insist that it need to be readjusted anyway.

    Instead of adding more Light SLA, if the cooldown of Avenging Light (which is easily
    twistable) could be reduced to the range of 1 to 2 seconds cooldown instead of 3 seconds,
    that would greatly help reduced hot key madness and provide a solid SLA for Divines.

    The lack of Light SLA (nimbus of light does not even increment the endless aura/
    reborn in light counters) makes it near impossible to use this epic destiny efficiently
    with a cleric who lack the archon of a favored soul and the Silver Flame Past Life SLA.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 06-19-2013 at 07:50 AM.

Page 75 of 89 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload