Page 71 of 89 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1770
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    Good advice, which is why earlier in this thread I started a post saying "If I was designing this..."

Its nice that you have worked your way up to have 20 developers reporting to you. When I was but a lad of 30, I had 155 world class developers (spread across 2 US states and Japan) taking design guidance from me. I'll be happy to compare notes, when you catch up. By the way, that was over 20 years ago. You probably need to start running faster.

Do you play DDO at work? I admit, I really don't know what an "Uber completionist" is, but it sounds really time consuming.

For the sake of accuracy, I should note that they really weren't goals for me, as they were achieved without prior planning. They did, however, seem to be reasonable starter goals for you. Once you achieve them, by all means let me know, and I'll try to find something a bit more challenging. Baby steps.

O M G! Would you BOTH stop pulling out *yours* to see who's is bigger? It's past ridiculous now and detracting from the thread.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    Well I'd say fate points + fate unlocks. You wouldn't want to suddenly find yourself unable to move between destinies again and have to regrind those stupid destinies to be able to get to the next destiny you wanted.
    If for some reason they're not comfortable with non-purchased unlocks staying open, then keeping some sort of permanent unlock on any unbonded ED that you had previously capped would be some sort of compromise. We'll have somewhere between 4.5mil and 6.6mil Epic XP to cap at 28, which is more than enough to cap either 2 or 3 ED's. That's assuming they go ahead with the ED XP wipe in the first place. It does mean that you will have until U20 to cap any ED's that you want to keep available to you.

Lets see what they come up with in their next proposals by way of retaining some value from your ED XP when you Epic TR.

Default A balanced XP system

Here is what I would like to see for the current TR system.

Heroic TR:
    1. Any TR at levels 1-27 rewards a heroic feat and is like live (except no more XP penalty!)

Epic TR:
    1. At 28 a player can epic TR gaining both a heroic PL feat and an ED past life feat of the current maxed ED active when TRing, as well as 1 fate point. If coding removal of fate points is hard then let's go with the easy option of not removing them and just adding to them.
    2. At 28 with maxed XP, player can "activate" an XP bank. This XP accumulates and is used towards a TR if wanted. This will allow players at level cap a option and reward to play at cap longer rather than just feel they should TR again right away.
    3. In the expansion add a 4th or even a 5th twist of fate slot.

Players who like the current system of starting at level 1 still can, and players who stay at level cap longer will not feel their time is wasted as they can use that XP in a TR. Players who are angry about losing ED XP won't and everyone is happy!
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    This does sum up a majority of the people I run with as well. Hopefully Turbine will address the XP required to ease the impact on people that play a lot of Alts to cap and max them out (regarding Twists).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubbby View Post
    I'd be really surprised if several isn't an understatement on how many are heavily invested in destinies. Of the players I run with commonly, all are heavily invested, none are capped in all destinies. There is a lot of value in reaching the twist level that you want and almost no value in going beyond that. I personally have no toons who have capped all destinies, but I have 6 toons that have run out to 4/1/1 twists and 2 who have 4/2/1 twists. So all are around 80% of the way to capped. Since I run 8 or 9 toons getting the next toons twists set up is more important than capping the rest of the destinies beyond those needed for twists.

Most people I know follow this pattern. Getting twists set up is a high priority, capping all dstinies is a very low priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    This is the correct option Piloto.

Ditch the banking system.

Figure out the details of this option and get back to us so the players can offer our prospective opinions.

With a path laid out, would you share some thoughts on these epic past life feats?

And every time we Epic TR how about an extra 5 HP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Thrudh is shouting d000000mmmm!!

Think about it devs, do not touch our ED XP at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Devs, the goal is to make people want to epic TR right? Decent PLs will do this (and a decent Epic completionist PL) Why do you have to take ED xp away at all?

Leave heroic TR untouched. Add epic TR where you have to get to 28 (20-28 requires xp that will probably be equivalent to maxing out 3 EDs anyway), and that's it... Why remove ED exp at all? 1-28 eleven times is a pretty huge hurdle all by itself. (okay 15-28, but still... 1-15 is pretty fast)

I'll never epic TR 11 times... Neither will 98% of the players... You'll keep the 0.5% busy for 2 months, 1.5% busy for a year, and the rest of us will get 0-2 Epic TR PLs on our characters just like we do now with heroic TRs.

You want people buying xp pots right and you want to give people something to do at end-game, right? You don't have to take away ED exp to achieve these goals... (maybe you could ADD an ED every 6 months)

Like you said, the vast majority of us haven't maxed out EDs... The grind is already plenty for the vast majority of us. Don't take away our slowly earned ED xp to try and give the top 2% a huge grind...

(1) You don't need to
    (2) It's probably going to backfire, and they may actually leave this time. The ED grind sucks... Adding a new 1-28 (or 15-28) TR process is a fun grind... We get to level again, mostly in our favorite ED... Grinding out EDs is NOT fun, especially when you don't get to keep them.
    Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    I would like to vote for option 2.

I also like the option of removing destiny XP from the destiny that you have gotten the past life from. The past life feat is the reward for losing that XP. And a single destiny is not a big deal to relevel up and will actually make the next life more interesting. Character progression is a big draw for me; having all ED's maxed out with nowhere to go next is not a big draw for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cforce View Post
    I suspect 80% of the vitriol here is due to fate points being lost, not ED XP being lost per se. I never actually want to *run* my Pale Master in Shadowdancer, and the fact that I had to claim it in the first place is mildly annoying. Put differently: a change that will incent me to level up Shadowdancer a *second* time is a TR-killer.

What I'd really like to see, which I think balances between the stated goals and complexity of solution, is this:

- Credit for ED levels towards fate points is "remembered". Fate points, and partial credit from ED levels, survive the TR. A particular ED level can't be counted towards fate points a second time after a TR.
    - Map unlocks of particular ED's are remembered, so that I could "pick up where I left off" making my way across the map without having to spend time in a ED I don't care about.

This seems like it fits your "simple system" criteria. Someone who had already capped all EDs would have to relevel the EDs they *actually want to use* only.

To be fair, I don't TR frequently. I've done so once, and *might* do so on my main in the future. However, having to re-level the destinies that "don't make sense" for my character, even once, would probably be a deal killer. It was interesting to try... once.
    Quote Originally Posted by susiedupfer View Post
    I do not want to lose ANYTHING on epic TR. The problem is that there is too little epic xp available to make epic xp loss a viable option. I hate, despise, and abhor grinding out one quest for every last xp. At least when leveling from 1-20, you grind lots of quests. Something new at each level. Give us more epic xp,(content) and you will see much less vitriol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhanns View Post
    I see all these peoples with all these ideas bring solutions to problems that dont even exist yet.

Bottom line is will epic tr improve the game and gamers experiences/fun/joy? the answer is no it wont

the more i think about it the more i realise what a S&$%y idea it is. bring more events to the game like cove or mabar type things but new ones and more of em if you need stuff to do, bring fun into the playerbase not more grind

i wont be doing the epic tr of any kind destiny reset or not
    Just a small slice of the attitudes you will find in game.
    Hmm...shall I requote all the players who posted here objecting to taking candy away from us?

I could...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    (We know players always love seeing the numbers, but if we went in this direction we'd likely just going to go look at and see how much XP/minute players are actually getting at different levels to figure out a ratio. 1:1 isn't special. It could be 1:3 or 3:1 or pi:e:i.)
    i?! No wonder my handwraps are always broken. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by noneill View Post
    I would not do an Epic TR if it is option 1.
    I think Heroic should be separate from Epic. They are now, lets keep it that way.
    This is sometime to consider.

I talk to the players in game, and this is what they want.

However if you offer very uber stuff, then they will reconsider.

However if you then nerf that uber stuff, they will definitely be so upset..

This is just another corner for you to paint yourself into.

Quote Originally Posted by Piloto View Post
    Option 1: XP “Bank” System
    When Epic TR-ing, a character selects one ED to bond and then transfers all other ED XP into an XP Bank that can be used at any time to level through heroic levels. Example: A character has five maxed ED’s at level 28. They Epic TR, bond one ED, and then get roughly enough XP to take them back to level 20 in their new life and still have, let’s say, 1,000,000 XP left over to use in their following heroic life (to use at whatever level they want). This option could also come with a onetime opportunity to bond multiple ED’s in one TR (to help those invested in the current system to transfer to the new).

Option 2: Keep Epic Destiny XP System
    When Epic TR-ing, a character selects one maxed out ED that he/she will acquire the Past Life feat for. This Epic Destiny is then flagged. (Starting out, you cannot get more than one copy of each ED’s past life feat.) The character then starts at level 1, but all ED XP is preserved at whatever levels it was at.

We are considering more than just these two options, but we thought you might like to know a bit about what we are currently thinking. Thanks again.
    I am tired of this.
    I care about my friends.
    You offer option 1 plus uber stuff, and I might just sit at cap and ignore it.
    No more buying xp potions, no more buying Otto's boxes, etc..

You offer option 2 then I might continue TRing,
    and playing with enthusiasm.

Gaming experts KNOW that enthusiasm for the game is a diamond quality.

Trashing ED XP is really turning me off.

When Epic TR-ing, a character selects one ED to bond and then transfers all other ED XP into an XP Bank that can be used at any time to level through heroic levels. Example: A character has five maxed ED’s at level 28. They Epic TR, bond one ED, and then get roughly enough XP to take them back to level 20 in their new life and still have, let’s say, 1,000,000 XP left over to use in their following heroic life (to use at whatever level they want). This option could also come with a onetime opportunity to bond multiple ED’s in one TR (to help those invested in the current system to transfer to the new).
    Keep it simple, just allow us to bind 1 destiny plus an additional destiny for each sphere that we have capped and still has an unbound destiny. Since the new leveling scheme will allow us to cap 3 destinies per incarnation it should work out fine.

Also, allow us to keep our destiny unlocks.

You could also just make “Epic Advantage” give us leveling tokens (1 token = 1 rank, BtC, They stack in one slot, and fit in an ingredient bag.) instead of making a massive new system. The XP bank idea has the problem of diminishing returns. (When you bind a destiny you lose the bonus XP for all future T.R. and the XP ratios are pre built in.)

Lastly, just make each E.D.P.L feat grant an extra Fate Point (To make up for the non-benefits of capping a destiny.) And grant us a Twist slot with a 0/1/2/3 cost when we have all the current E.D.P.L. feats. (This is to keep the power creep to a minimum.)
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazhforum View Post
    It's my official position. If there is something my toons can or should do that wipes out capping all of the EDs on two toons, I will leave DDO.

~ Dazz
    DDO ~ "I hope you don't find the ice too thin."
    *http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin_Ice_(1937_film)

Don't you understand.

Alpha enhancements have got us upset already.
    If we like beta then we calm down.

When Epic TR-ing, a character selects one maxed out ED that he/she will acquire the Past Life feat for. This Epic Destiny is then flagged. (Starting out, you cannot get more than one copy of each ED’s past life feat.) The character then starts at level 1, but all ED XP is preserved at whatever levels it was at.
    If you mix those two options, you get a pretty solid system. I'd suggest something like that:

Heroic TR, level 20+:
    - Basically untouched
    (- optional: ED XP turn-in)

Epic TR, level cap:
    - Reset 1 maxed destiny for a epic destiny feat, other destinies are untouched
    - Reseted destiny will remain unlocked, but fate points will be removed
    - Heroic past life gained as usual
    - Character starts at 1.
    - optional: ED XP turn-in

Optional: ED XP turn-in:
    - allow players to turn in ED XP at a given rate for heroic XP (not the ETR'ed destiny ofc)
    - Destinies do not have to be maxed for this
    - If you turn in a destiny, it will remain unlocked, but fate points will be removed
    - Option A: Choose the destinies you want to turn in right when you ETR(/TR) (default should be "not turned in" for all EDs)
    - Option B: Remove the connection between TRing and ED XP turn in and allow players to burn those XP at any time

Option B kinda replaces a banking system, allows you to burn the XP depending on your mood ("I am up for a Wizking grind till 15 now" vs. "Ah what the heck, i'll burn my caster EDs now").

In general I am absolutly for keeping all ED XP for any not TR'ed ED (exception is the optional turn in ofc). You have to relevel every destiny once anyways to get all feats, so theres no reason to burn them all every TR. Especially as some people like to get to cap, play for like 2-3 months and then TR again. If you have to waste 80% of that time just to get back to the point where you got the relevant(/"needed") twists, theres not much fun left.

Raz

Both of these systems are much better than the initially proposed one.

Basically as long as we can keep the existing epic destiny levels, when normal TRing and not lose other destinies than the one they TR in when epic TRing it is fine.

Community Member

Default Fate points

Cant the fate points be counted as the Favor is counted today?
    That you "unlock" fate points, but you can only get more fate points if you get a total of ranks that's higher then before?
    Like favor have unlocks for set things like 3000 points for Vet II. And you can only get it if you get up to 3000 points in a single life, and not if you get 1500 in one life and 1500 more in the next.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreemz View Post
    Cant the fate points be counted as the Favor is counted today?
    That you "unlock" fate points, but you can only get more fate points if you get a total of ranks that's higher then before?
    Like favor have unlocks for set things like 3000 points for Vet II. And you can only get it if you get up to 3000 points in a single life, and not if you get 1500 in one life and 1500 more in the next.
    I think that's what most of the people asking for fate points to stay are asking for.

Honestly though, fate points do nothing if you want to twist lots of different abilities. I twist things from at least 5 different destinies (and that's just off the top of my head...might even be higher) and they're all over the ED map. Regrinding those twists (the abilities, not the fate points) would be a major barrier to considering any TR options.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    The team has been having some further design discussions, based on feedback from this thread. It seems important to state - they recognize that several players are already very invested in Epic Destinies, this was absolutely part of the early design discussions... <snip>

~Erik
    @producerglin
    This is an acknowledgement of the time investment. But what about the investment of real-world money into Keys of Destiny, with the understanding these keys were a one-time purchase? This still has not been addressed.

I appreciate the feedback, and know the devs can't address every point raised in the pages in between the dev posts. However, I hope this concern is acknowledged soon.

Community Member

Hi.

We are considering more than just these two options, but we thought you might like to know a bit about what we are currently thinking. Thanks again.
    Option 2 is soothing to hear over just Option lose your ED levels.

Thank you for posting, it's an avenue for players to feel connected with the game and vent frustrations excuse any in your face screaming tone posts please. Offering to engage in dialogue with its consumers is needed for any company to offer their best product and services going forward.

Majority of the players feel they would not in the slightest want to re-cap EDs. Maybe something along the lines of giving a small passive Past life-like ability for every individual ED we wish to re-cap again. The ability would be similar to a level 0 innate on an ED, or slightly less powerful.

Giving increased Fate Points might be enough to convince me to grind out every destiny again. But the fate Points have to be enough to unlock tiers 5/3/2 over the 4/2/1 currently available. Although that limits the game's design space for any future EDs you wish to implement- and who doesn't like moar Destinies!!. And that Twists of fate are better than a large portion of character feats further adds complications to something like that.

Community Member

Default Well...

Quote Originally Posted by jam78 View Post
    My thoughts on all this is Fate points.

I dont think its the capped destinys that are the problem, I have unlocked lvl 3/2/1 Twists with my lvl 25, how did i do this...i grinded out hours on 2min runs on rusted blades, now that is fair enough and i would hate to lose them earned fate points, but do i deserve 5 ranks in exalted angel etc for never ever truly running that destiny...I dont think i do.

So my point is try to keep the fate points, re do the destinys and you will only concentrate on the destinys you truly need then Tr them for Feat, seems simple enough (hopefully you will unlock more fate points on the way back up).

If anyone truly did run them destinys to cap I tip my hat, and that would be horrible (but i doubt anyone in DDO has done that!)
    ...you would be wrong friend. Some of us don't cheat. The reason we do not is that doing so gives the devs ammunition to make these kinds of changes. If everyone played above board, the argument that w are losing invested time would be more valid. Do not assume that everyone plays the way you do or takes advantage of silly exploits. Some of us enjoy the journey as well as the destination.

That being said, I have browsed this thread and have yet to find a reply from the customer base saying, YEAH! I can't wait for these proposed changes. So the question is , will Turbine give the consumer what they want, or make changes that only the devs seem to want?
    Valiant Accord

Option 1: XP Bank system:
    Upon Epic TRing, 1 unbonded destiny is added to the collection of bonded destinies, if able.
    Unbonded destinies are wiped
    Unlocked destinies remain unlocked (Don't make poor Artis regrind from Arcane sphere, thru martial, to Shiradi every life)
    For each fate point achieved (total, including Tome and Bonded destinies), the Epic Advantage grants 1 Stone of Experience: Epic Seed.
    The Stone of Experience: Epic Seed is
    -ML 1
    -Max Stack size 1000
    -BTC
    -No Bank, No Mail, No Auction
    -Good for a Fixed amount of XP (i.e. 200,000 xp stones would mean that a player would get 4 million XP across 20 stones after TRing with maxxed destinies.)

This gives the player the ability to decide what their advantage is.
    A player going for completionist, tr'ing into an unknown class will not have to start in the middle of the life.
    It keeps TR duos/groups in sync with one another since the advantage isn't forced on them.
    The stones can be used during the 18-20 slump.
    The stone could be used at level 24 after their first destiny is maxed and they go back to sucking again in a new destiny.
    The stones can be stockpiled to get one more Bard/Pally/<most hated class> past life.
    As more Epic TRs are completed, the advantage of Bonded + Tomes increases, decreasing the amount of total "grind" a player perceives.
    Incentivizes buying a Tome of Fate +2 which are currently mathematically irrelevant to the present maxxed destiny crowd.
    System is consistent. It doesn't need a "Grandfather clause" for people that have utilized the system for 1.5 years before being implemented. It also provides benefits for the poor saps that want to re-max their destinies each and every life.
    System is scalable. As new destinies are added, the benefit will scale as well.
    If a destiny is able to be bonded, you get an epic past life feat.
    If all destinies are bonded, and you're at level cap, you can epic TR for the stones should you choose. (i.e. your build gets nerfed)*

Epic Completionist Feat perk:
    Stones of Experience: Epic seed become BTA ?

Potential for 'abuse':
    I know the first destiny I'm going to bond is Magister, so I never have to level it again. The stones will probably be used to insta-level hated off-destinies.

*My completionist-to-be has just finished her 4th life. If Iconics are added "into the cycle", that means 17+ lives total; 13 undone (not including 'final life'). With only 11 Destinies available for Epic TR, that means that I'll probably have 2 lives where It's 'wasteful' to play to level 28.... This system provides a means to not 'feel-bad' about playing epic levels on those lives.
    Unless Iconics grant the Iconic PL and Class PL (You are letting us build our chars with them after all... It'll be silly to have a Bladeforged Pally 2/Sorc 18 get an iconic PL that's paladin themed. )

Okay, so you guys are trying to avoid stacking past lives, this adds in a touch of our love/lust for Otto's boxes to add perpetual benefit for TRing again at Epic Levels.

I would suggest scrap both of these idea's.
    these presented options of banking xp and bonding xp **** has to be a joke.
    Drop any XP banking , Hedging, or any other comvoluded mechanics.

Keep the Heroic and Epic separate as you have done so far.
    EPIC TR should be EPIC worthy and only affect the Epic component of the character build..

Cap a destiny=unlock TR
    Activate a Epic Destiny TR = resets XP for that specific destiny line and grants Destiny Bonus... does not affect any other destiny lines.

TR and re cap all Destinies to unlock the Epic Completionist bonus..

Done.

KISS.. Keep it Simple....
    Last edited by JOTMON; 06-19-2013 at 07:26 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by moonprophet View Post
    That being said, I have browsed this thread and have yet to find a reply from the customer base saying, YEAH! I can't wait for these proposed changes. So the question is , will Turbine give the consumer what they want, or make changes that only the devs seem to want?
    YAY!! I can't wait for these changes!!!!

Sorry couldn't resist :P
    Abamf|Skwat|Baucas Thelanis

Page 71 of 89 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast