Page 70 of 89 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1770

Quote Originally Posted by Piloto View Post

Option 2: Keep Epic Destiny XP System
    When Epic TR-ing, a character selects one maxed out ED that he/she will acquire the Past Life feat for. This Epic Destiny is then flagged. (Starting out, you cannot get more than one copy of each ED’s past life feat.) The character then starts at level 1, but all ED XP is preserved at whatever levels it was at..
    This is the correct option Piloto.

Ditch the banking system.

Figure out the details of this option and get back to us so the players can offer our prospective opinions.

With a path laid out, would you share some thoughts on these epic past life feats?

And every time we Epic TR how about an extra 5 HP?
    Last edited by Atremus; 06-18-2013 at 09:22 AM.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    The team has been having some further design discussions, based on feedback from this thread. It seems important to state - they recognize that several players are already very invested in Epic Destinies, this was absolutely part of the early design discussions. There are a couple Epic game-play solutions in debate that we’ll be sharing with you as well. There won’t be any flash decisions made as design changes are considered, between posts we will be spending a lot of time reviewing the many directions the system can take players, as we are a few months away from starting development.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, reactions and ideas with us. More to come soon, and I'd expect, over the coming weeks as well.

~Erik
    @producerglin
    I'd be really surprised if several isn't an understatement on how many are heavily invested in destinies. Of the players I run with commonly, all are heavily invested, none are capped in all destinies. There is a lot of value in reaching the twist level that you want and almost no value in going beyond that. I personally have no toons who have capped all destinies, but I have 6 toons that have run out to 4/1/1 twists and 2 who have 4/2/1 twists. So all are around 80% of the way to capped. Since I run 8 or 9 toons getting the next toons twists set up is more important than capping the rest of the destinies beyond those needed for twists.

Most people I know follow this pattern. Getting twists set up is a high priority, capping all dstinies is a very low priority.
    TPICKRELL forum identity still broken, 15 weeks and counting... So yet another throw away Forum identity

Quote Originally Posted by Grubbby View Post
    Getting twists set up is a high priority, capping all dstinies is a very low priority.
    This does sum up a majority of the people I run with as well. Hopefully Turbine will address the XP required to ease the impact on people that play a lot of Alts to cap and max them out (regarding Twists).
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Your lack of desire to coordinate a heroic class with a desired ED in no way invalidates my assertion.

However, it does serve to make my point:
    Those who grind through an "off" destiny are not forced to do so; they choose to do so.
    Yes, of course. Except when the starting destiny is the "off" destiny. Melee bards. Artificers. Arcanes wanting Shiradi due to the horrible way saves work in epics. Melee divines. Tucaws/juggernauts/other weird multiclasses. Archers with less than 6 ranger levels. Caster Druids. Many others I'm sure.

A sorcerer in the preferred ED requires a ranger-life or 3 "off" destinies to enter the desired ED, so you are way off base in saying the player chooses to grind the wrong destinies. But, I guess in your world everybody is a healer, a rogue or a fighter.

Community Member

Default Remove bad options, see what's left.

We are considering more than just these two options, but we thought you might like to know a bit about what we are currently thinking. Thanks again.
    1. Remove ED exp from all but bonded ED: big issue for the most active players, not reasonable.
    2. Remove ED exp only from the bonded ED (player suggestion): bad from flavour view, huge punishment for casual players who only have that 1 ed, not reasonable.
    3. Do not remove ED exp: only option left, has a side effect of leaving everybody happy.

To me the option of TR not removing ED exp seems like the only possible pick, lets go from there. Heroic TR works the same as Epic TR, no complications there, KISS.

To get people on board doing Epic TR under this system is simple, just offer a bonus and people will do it. For specifics, I feel like the bound ED should have the option of remaining active while collecting exp for different destinies. (Honestly, this could(should?) be introduced to all capped destinies). Being in the correct ED and doing an epic elite version of a quest in 30 minutes is still way less exp than being in a farming ED and doing an epic hard in 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post

We could consider having characters "remember" how many they had. However, we don't consider it viable to let you gain more Fate Points as you regain Destiny XP (should we choose to go forward with any of proposal where any kind of XP is lost, whether from one destiny or many). That leads to infinite or at least "quite a lot" of Fate Points in the long run. That unfortunately means that if we simply blindly preserve your total but don't let you accumulate more until you would have more: The right thing to do is never TR until you have maxed out all Epic Destinies. We know that some players like to break up earning Destinies with reincarnation, and we would like to support that.
    I suspect 80% of the vitriol here is due to fate points being lost, not ED XP being lost per se. I never actually want to *run* my Pale Master in Shadowdancer, and the fact that I had to claim it in the first place is mildly annoying. Put differently: a change that will incent me to level up Shadowdancer a *second* time is a TR-killer.

What I'd really like to see, which I think balances between the stated goals and complexity of solution, is this:

- Credit for ED levels towards fate points is "remembered". Fate points, and partial credit from ED levels, survive the TR. A particular ED level can't be counted towards fate points a second time after a TR.
    - Map unlocks of particular ED's are remembered, so that I could "pick up where I left off" making my way across the map without having to spend time in a ED I don't care about.

This seems like it fits your "simple system" criteria. Someone who had already capped all EDs would have to relevel the EDs they *actually want to use* only.

To be fair, I don't TR frequently. I've done so once, and *might* do so on my main in the future. However, having to re-level the destinies that "don't make sense" for my character, even once, would probably be a deal killer. It was interesting to try... once.
    The Brotherhood of BYOH--Thelanis: Charged, WF Artificer; Venomshade, Half-Elf Monk; Poxs, Fist of an Angry God; Crash, Pale Monkster

When Epic TR-ing, a character selects one maxed out ED that he/she will acquire the Past Life feat for. This Epic Destiny is then flagged. (Starting out, you cannot get more than one copy of each ED’s past life feat.) The character then starts at level 1, but all ED XP is preserved at whatever levels it was at.
    I would like to vote for option 2.

I also like the option of removing destiny XP from the destiny that you have gotten the past life from. The past life feat is the reward for losing that XP. And a single destiny is not a big deal to relevel up and will actually make the next life more interesting. Character progression is a big draw for me; having all ED's maxed out with nowhere to go next is not a big draw for me.
    Last edited by psteen1; 06-18-2013 at 10:59 AM.

I do not want to lose ANYTHING on epic TR. The problem is that there is too little epic xp available to make epic xp loss a viable option. I hate, despise, and abhor grinding out one quest for every last xp. At least when leveling from 1-20, you grind lots of quests. Something new at each level. Give us more epic xp,(content) and you will see much less vitriol.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by ufo2013 View Post
    Heroic TR
    - retain current system
    - available at level 20+
    - all character xp will be lost (back to level 1)
    - no loss of Epic Destiny xp
    - +2 build point (up to 36pt)
    - gain passive past life feat

Epic TR
    - same system as Heroic TR system but available only at level cap (28)
    - all character xp will be lost (back to level 1)
    - no loss of Epic Destiny xp
    - +2 build point (up to 38pt)
    - gain passive past life feat (same one as Heroic TR)
    - purchaseable past life feat is now auto-granted at level 3 (cannot/need not be purchased anymore)

Epic Destiny Bonding
    - no loss of character xp (a level 28 remains 28)
    - available for any capped Epic Destiny (1.98m xp)
    - choose a capped Epic Destiny to bond
    - all xp in that Epic Destiny is lost (back to level 0 in that bonded destiny)
    - that Epic Destiny is now "bonded"
    - back to level 0 in that Epic Destiny
    - leveling thru a "bonded" ED requires more xp every rank (eg. 1st rank at 48K instead of 32k)
    - +2 points to spend in bonded ED (2 pts available at level 0)
    - Fate points not lost from loss of ED levels but regaining levels in bonded ED will also not give more Fate points

Epic Destiny Completionist
    - bonding all available EDs grant passive ED completionist feat (granted at level 20)
    I think this is one of the best ideas I have heard however I would make one change to the Epic TR proposed above:

Instead of reverting the character to Level 1, revert the character to level 1 with enough XP for level 15, effectively making that character an equivalent to an Iconic and also allowing for the selection of one of the Iconic classes. (Dev's should already have the code in place to start a character at level 15 after all)

This would mean that the Epic TR and the Iconic TR were one and the same, while also increasing the incentives for players to choose to use the Epic TR instead of the Heroic TR.

Heroic TR could TR into any of the Normal Classes and start at Level 1.
    Epic TR could TR into any of the Normal classes or into any of the Iconic classes and start at Level 15.

Hi.
    Hi.

• And as a less design-oriented but equally important goal: If changes are needed that affect players’ current investment, compensate them for the changes.
    If you are planning on encroaching on players' current investments, what ever function that is added needs to have buy-in from the players. The costing of lost investments needs to match the potential benefits.

Further, any new functions that are added need to be done in an OPTIONAL fashion where you are not punishing players that are currently enjoying existing functionality (like "Heroic" TRs that are happening today). Trespassing on players' current investment by modifying existing functionality (like "Heroic" TRs) is unacceptable. If you and your team see these in any other light, you need to reconsider your goals.

Is there some other unstated goal that Turbine is holding to remove players' investments? If so, please explain those goals with the community.

Option 1: XP “Bank” System
    When Epic TR-ing, a character selects one ED to bond and then transfers all other ED XP into an XP Bank that can be used at any time to level through heroic levels. Example: A character has five maxed ED’s at level 28. They Epic TR, bond one ED, and then get roughly enough XP to take them back to level 20 in their new life and still have, let’s say, 1,000,000 XP left over to use in their following heroic life (to use at whatever level they want). This option could also come with a onetime opportunity to bond multiple ED’s in one TR (to help those invested in the current system to transfer to the new).

When Epic TR-ing, a character selects one maxed out ED that he/she will acquire the Past Life feat for. This Epic Destiny is then flagged. (Starting out, you cannot get more than one copy of each ED’s past life feat.) The character then starts at level 1, but all ED XP is preserved at whatever levels it was at.
    As somebody who would like to start at level 1 and hates ED grinding, I would definitely prefer option 2. I definitely prefer to have fun leveling, then playing EE endgame in my preferred destiny. However, I do understand that many people are in the opposite position and hate heroic content and EE, but love grinding EH quests for ED xp.

So why not allow both?

For each maxed out epic destiny, give us 3 options:
    1. Bond this destiny. Any number of destinies can be bonded, retaining all their xp and providing no benefit.
    2. Bank this destiny. Any number of destinies can be banked, giving you a pool of xp that can be spent to level at any point during the TR (conversion rates for epic vs heroic xp may apply of course)
    3. Flag this destiny. Only one destiny may be flagged. You lose all xp in this destiny, but will gain an epic destiny past life bonus.

I understand it may be slightly more difficult to implement, but IMO it would be worth it to please all sorts of players.

On fate points: I think fate points should be calculated based on your current destiny levels. If you reset XP in a destiny you will lose 1-2 fate points, but will regain those fate points when you re-level that destiny. Further fate point progression could be build into the past life system. For example, the fatesinger past life could be 1 additional fate point.
    Thelanis Thylus Thelassir Kjeldorn Ingrisstohr Khaarnath Lyriah Byrron Grunzo Thylandras Kharandras Thylandar Mallachias Kharnofski Grunzar Thyax Kharnoth Ghallanda Lykanthar Kharnor Thelanar Kharnaxe Kharnoth
    Khyber Gimpo

Community Member

Grinding xp is not fun, and it gets even less fun when you arent getting anything to show for it.

This is what made opening up distant destines and gathering fate points torture- it involved lots of time leveling destines that were not useful, so that your character wasn’t really getting anything out of it.

Lets be careful not to build anything this painful into the new system.

This means that if we are going to level from 20-28 we need to be gaining something interesting while we do it. Epic levels are not interesting, epic destines are. In order to make the epic TR process engaging we need to be leveling destines and gaining powers while we do it, ant this means we will need to give something up to start the process.

That doesn’t mean we should give up all destiny xp. But just 1 destiny would only get us to level 23-24 in the current system. Perhaps resetting an entire sphere (2-3 destines at the moment) with a past life for each destiny and also a past life for all destines in the sphere (and for completionist). Perhaps something else. Whatever it is plan it with the xp required for an epic tr as a guide.

Community Member

Thumbs down

don't wipe my epic xp on a heroic tr.

don't wipe my heroic xp on an epic tr.

if i ever epic tr wipe the xp from the one destiny i bond.

maybe make endgame fun and rewarding instead of making tr more punishing?

Community Member

Default My Solution

I am a new player and I find that many other players as I level are players that are on their next lives. Without them, the game world would be very empty and it would be very difficult to get groups going. Any solution should not remove them from those areas of the game.

My, admittedly novice, suggestion is thus:

If you Epic TR, you lose all ED XP for the Destiny you bond with but you gain a Past Life feat for that ED. Its like a trade all that ED XP for a ED Past Life feat (and a regular PL feat, I guess). All other ED XP (from other Destinies) is untouched.

Done. Simple. Intuitive.

Regular TR would be worse than Epic TR in that you cannot bond any ED and you lose all ED XP. That should push players who have Epic Destiny XP and want to TR to do an Epic TR and players who just want to play regular Heroic stuff can do the regular TR. Players who have alot of ED's will not sacrifice all of them and the exchange for that Epic feat would be much more fair.

All this talk of XP banks and the like is too complicated. Systems should be straightforward not convoluted.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderone View Post
    I hear this all the time from players in my guild! Like when folks were using Shears of Fate. Very boring running a toon in an adjacent destiny especially ones that add nothing to class...

Make it that Bonded Epic Destiny remains active at full Tier while running adjacent destinies during Epic TR...
    That is probably the best suggestion in the tread. I would be very happy with that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Devs, the goal is to make people want to epic TR right? Decent PLs will do this (and a decent Epic completionist PL) Why do you have to take ED xp away at all?

Leave heroic TR untouched. Add epic TR where you have to get to 28 (20-28 requires xp that will probably be equivalent to maxing out 3 EDs anyway), and that's it... Why remove ED exp at all? 1-28 eleven times is a pretty huge hurdle all by itself. (okay 15-28, but still... 1-15 is pretty fast)

I'll never epic TR 11 times... Neither will 98% of the players... You'll keep the 0.5% busy for 2 months, 1.5% busy for a year, and the rest of us will get 0-2 Epic TR PLs on our characters just like we do now with heroic TRs.

You want people buying xp pots right and you want to give people something to do at end-game, right? You don't have to take away ED exp to achieve these goals... (maybe you could ADD an ED every 6 months)

Like you said, the vast majority of us haven't maxed out EDs... The grind is already plenty for the vast majority of us. Don't take away our slowly earned ED xp to try and give the top 2% a huge grind...

(1) You don't need to
    (2) It's probably going to backfire, and they may actually leave this time. The ED grind sucks... Adding a new 1-28 (or 15-28) TR process is a fun grind... We get to level again, mostly in our favorite ED... Grinding out EDs is NOT fun, especially when you don't get to keep them.
    good points.

leave heroic tr alone is my favorite. quit half redoing old systems, only to leave them more borked and less finished than before.
    heroic tr is for the most part fine. reduce the xp curve, or up the xp in 18 to 20 quests. other than that leave heroic out of this.

still waiting for you to come with an option that makes me remotely interested in epic tr.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDOForumAccount View Post
    Yes, of course. Except when the starting destiny is the "off" destiny. Melee bards. Artificers. Arcanes wanting Shiradi due to the horrible way saves work in epics. Melee divines. Tucaws/juggernauts/other weird multiclasses. Archers with less than 6 ranger levels. Caster Druids. Many others I'm sure.

A sorcerer in the preferred ED requires a ranger-life or 3 "off" destinies to enter the desired ED, so you are way off base in saying the player chooses to grind the wrong destinies. But, I guess in your world everybody is a healer, a rogue or a fighter.
    You're talking into the wind by replying to him. I essentially stated the same thing twice and told by him it was irrelevant. Apparently since players have an option to TR into a synergic class/build to the EDs, that is the proper option when trying to grind those EDs. Pointing out to him how unrealistic it is to TR every time that happens when grinding EDs seems pointless. In his mind, it is irrelevant that players don't want to TR each time that happens, play classes/builds that they don't want to play and such. The only thing relevant is that players can exchange the unfun grind EDs in an off-ED by TRing in a possible unfun class/build for said ED. Completely unreasonable and even a bigger waste of time.

Default Gamers first

I see all these peoples with all these ideas bring solutions to problems that dont even exist yet.

Bottom line is will epic tr improve the game and gamers experiences/fun/joy? the answer is no it wont

the more i think about it the more i realise what a S&$%y idea it is. bring more events to the game like cove or mabar type things but new ones and more of em if you need stuff to do, bring fun into the playerbase not more grind

i wont be doing the epic tr of any kind destiny reset or not
    Completionist clonk on argonnessen.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cforce View Post
    I suspect 80% of the vitriol here is due to fate points being lost, not ED XP being lost per se.
    Well I'd say fate points + fate unlocks. You wouldn't want to suddenly find yourself unable to move between destinies again and have to regrind those stupid destinies to be able to get to the next destiny you wanted.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    You're talking into the wind by replying to him. I essentially stated the same thing twice and told by him it was irrelevant. Apparently since players have an option to TR into a synergic class/build to the EDs, that is the proper option when trying to grind those EDs. Pointing out to him how unrealistic it is to TR every time that happens when grinding EDs seems pointless. In his mind, it is irrelevant that players don't want to TR each time that happens, play classes/builds that they don't want to play and such. The only thing relevant is that players can exchange the unfun grind EDs in an off-ED by TRing in a possible unfun class/build for said ED. Completely unreasonable and even a bigger waste of time.
    Plus the little fact that in griding back to 28 so you can ETR again you will unlock multiple EDs so you will most definitely be grinding off destiny unless you want to throw half your xp while grinding to 28 into the trash.

I suspect he hasn't played Epic at all.

Page 70 of 89 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast