Page 69 of 89 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1770

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Fate Points: An example dive into some details
    That unfortunately means that if we simply blindly preserve your total but don't let you accumulate more until you would have more: The right thing to do is never TR until you have maxed out all Epic Destinies. We know that some players like to break up earning Destinies with reincarnation, and we would like to support that.
    Darn tooting, you reset our Epic Destinies to zero xp, and the system falls apart. We start looking for abuse, and you will not be able to plug all the leaks.

I still say,

For every 3 epic destiny levels earned, we must be rewarded with 1 fate point.

That is not up for negotiation.
    Anything else is cheating on the part of the Devs.
    As you pointed out that creates a fate point spiral of unlimited fate points.
    Yeah man, you take candy from us and we raise torches and pitchforks to the sky.

Villagers riot but watch your language.

Quote Originally Posted by Piloto View Post
    Option 2: Keep Epic Destiny XP System
    When Epic TR-ing, a character selects one maxed out ED that he/she will acquire the Past Life feat for. This Epic Destiny is then flagged. (Starting out, you cannot get more than one copy of each ED’s past life feat.) The character then starts at level 1, but all ED XP is preserved at whatever levels it was at.

We are considering more than just these two options, but we thought you might like to know a bit about what we are currently thinking. Thanks again.
    Thank you for considering this option.

Sooner or later, you will see a variation of this is the ONLY correct choice.

Please note Fawngate is voting for a choice that is slightly less uber for her,
    but more benefical to the overall populations.

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    Actually "several" may be understating when we are talking about maxing out all EDs.
    Must have been a typo, not to worry I fixed it for you.

Greatly encourages general rioting by the villagers on this thread till the devs finally realize how wrong removing epic destiny xp is.
    {Please watch your language but let them have it.}

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yeah, we're aware of this. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon. I restaged all of the challenge rules this past week on the new DDO.com, but it takes a bit of dev work to hook 'em up in-game. No need to bug report it.
    Oh, look something for you folks to work on besideses candy stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    The main reason we don't have additional inventory space and bank upgrades is due to tech limitations. However, we are actively looking for ways we can improve storage options.
    Here is something we ask for and ask for and ask for and ask for and ask for and ask for.

But you want to steal our candy instead???

I really don't want to grind out Fatesinger Epic Destiny again.

But there is tons of things Fawngate can do if she determines to do so.

You cannot stop her, she is like the wind.

Shall I continue linking other things for you to work on besiding coding a system to remove our epic destiny xp?
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 06-18-2013 at 07:19 AM.

I need to see the rewarding side of this system to make a more informed judgment.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    There are also casual players that don't play every week and take a very long time to take a character through content.
    You are going to hurt these players most of all, if you reset epic destiny xp.

Go fix challenge xp, how long has that been borked?

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Go fix challenge xp, how long has that been borked?
    Please, no. If past fixes are anything to go by, the xp will halved yet again. Let's quit while we're behind.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    You have never played EDs have you? By design you are forced to spend more time in EDs that aren't useful than EDs that are useful. That will get even worse once the level cap increases to 28.
    Yes, I have ground ED XP. As a rogue, even. MotU came out during my first life, and I was ignorant of TR at the time. When I later learned about TR'ing, I laughed at my own foolishness for grinding "off" destinies. Now here, as with PnP, I determine where I start by where I wish to end.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Epic TRing ~ nice idea.
    Epic Past Lives ~ nice idea.
    Reviewing current past lives ~ nice idea.

Increasing level cap to 30 ~ nice idea.
    Increasing epic destiny cap to 10 possible as the next X pack ~ nice idea.

Removing Epic Destiny xp with Epic Advantage ~ strike out.

Overall batting average here: 850
    Not bad, go get some Gatorade.

Quote Originally Posted by dandonk View Post
    please, no. If past fixes are anything to go by, the xp will halved yet again. Let's quit while we're behind.
    lol

I vaguely remember the Devs saying they wanted to give bards some love,
    but it seems so long ago, it must have been a dream...

Community Member

I vaguely remember the Devs saying they wanted to give bards some love,
    but it seems so long ago, it must have been a dream...
    Silver, have you even slept, yet?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

LOL, nods and yawns.
    Maybe Ill go back to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassJaw View Post
    Mal, thanks so much for taking the time to post lately. Much appreciated.

My biggest concern is the enhancement pass. I'm a long-time, semi-casual player. I've played since launch so I've seen every change/nerf/revamp/overhaul this game has done from the early Evasion in heavy armor change to this. I recently came back to the game after a hiatus and I'm having a blast again.

That said, I'm not sure I can suffer through another major system overhaul that forces me to respec all my characters again. I still have a ton of builds to try and content to play but that will make me lose interest very quickly.

For the enhancement pass, I would like to see:

1. Improve the UI. The Epic tree is pretty. Use that as a template.
    2. Consolidate or remove obsolete enhancements: all the skill mods, wand DC, etc.
    3. Add more prestige classes. Seems to be that players have been asking for more prestige class options, not being forced into specific trees (which the first preview did).

In addition, I'm concerned about the new spellcasting skills. There was talk of changes to the Toughness feat and enhancements because they are considered essential by many players. But putting in skills that affect spellcasting is the same. It will be a skill point tax because no one will build a caster without maxing those skills.

Remove or improve skills that don't get used, don't suddenly make them required and force characters to respec to maintain the same level of ability.

Thanks again for listening!
    You have this on the table already.
    Please give it the time and attention it deserves.

I hope you don't find the ice too thin...

Community Member

Talking

It does not matter what the numbers are, it does not matter at all.

We will find a way to abuse this system so badly that you regret implementing it someday.

That is a promise.
    The uber abuser .. erm... completionist has spoken

Devs, the goal is to make people want to epic TR right? Decent PLs will do this (and a decent Epic completionist PL) Why do you have to take ED xp away at all?

Leave heroic TR untouched. Add epic TR where you have to get to 28 (20-28 requires xp that will probably be equivalent to maxing out 3 EDs anyway), and that's it... Why remove ED exp at all? 1-28 eleven times is a pretty huge hurdle all by itself. (okay 15-28, but still... 1-15 is pretty fast)

I'll never epic TR 11 times... Neither will 98% of the players... You'll keep the 0.5% busy for 2 months, 1.5% busy for a year, and the rest of us will get 0-2 Epic TR PLs on our characters just like we do now with heroic TRs.

You want people buying xp pots right and you want to give people something to do at end-game, right? You don't have to take away ED exp to achieve these goals... (maybe you could ADD an ED every 6 months)

Like you said, the vast majority of us haven't maxed out EDs... The grind is already plenty for the vast majority of us. Don't take away our slowly earned ED xp to try and give the top 2% a huge grind...

(1) You don't need to
    (2) It's probably going to backfire, and they may actually leave this time. The ED grind sucks... Adding a new 1-28 (or 15-28) TR process is a fun grind... We get to level again, mostly in our favorite ED... Grinding out EDs is NOT fun, especially when you don't get to keep them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    (2) It's probably going to backfire, and they may actually leave this time. The ED grind sucks... Adding a new 1-28 (or 15-28) TR process is a fun grind... We get to level again, mostly in our favorite ED... Grinding out EDs is NOT fun, especially when you don't get to keep them.
    Thrudh is shouting d000000mmmm!!

Think about it devs, do not touch our ED XP at all.

Page 69 of 89 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast