I have been following these thread and wanted to add my thoughts to this discussion.
I was very disappointed by the preview of the Enhancement changes on Lamannia. The level and types of changes presented in the preview were a turn off to me and greatly reduced my desire to play the game know what changes are coming.
The discussion about the proposed changed to TR and Epic TR have completely taken the wind out of my sails – I do not find any value at all in any of the proposals and it would take away even more fun out of the game. This is first time since I started playing that I am serious considering finding another game.
A few bullet points of what I am thinking…
1) Please don’t mess with the current LV 1-18 game play – it seems to be rolling along well – no need to change anything – allowing any TR’s to skip these levels is a bad plan (lots of quest, helping other learn the game, etc…)
2) Not allowing TR’s at LV 20 will be a mistake – lots of people are happy at heroic levels and want little to do with epics (or don’t want to pay for epics) don’t take that way.
3) The LV 18-22 game play is rough. LV 20 brings what seems like a new / different playing field – LV 18 and 19’s can’t go a lot places the LV 20’s can so there is often a split in these groups of players - the XP needed to go from 18 to 20 a TR is a lot – worst part of the grind at any level. When the level cap was 20, Raiding would allow you to cost from 18 to 20 (TOD, VOD, Hound, Shroud, etc) – now those are rarely ran for XP or at all. (big problem here)
4) Taking away ED XP is totally unacceptable- lots of people will be gone forever. This could single handily kill this game by having a lot of people quite at the same time
5) Raiding needs to be fixed. I would love to see the old raids touched up an released on EPIC levels – enhance N,H,E – make them more stepped… 20, 22, 24 LV for example. YES need to add new raids as well- the new raids don’t always need to be at the level cap either
6) I would love to see a special token drop in raids that can be collected and used in a barter system. A nice collection of rare items (TOD boot ingredients, high level special crafting ingredients, EPIC updates / augments / seals / etc.) Give people a reason to run all the raids by allowing them to take steps towards a common goal.
7) To help with the LV 20 – max ED – 3 full twist character “unbalancing” the level 20-25 game play – I would meter in the twists. At 20 you can switch / access any of your ED – have all your fate points - but not be allowed to twist anything. At 21 you get 1 allowed twist, at 23, the 2nd and at 25 the third.
8) When you EPIC TR – grant a few fate points (3-6) for use in next life. This would encourage TRing without senseless fate pint grinding.
9) Allow an EPIC TR to gain another twist (LV 27ish)
I am looking forward to more Dev conversation on this topic!