Page 32 of 89 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I would like my TP back for the Key of Destiny that I bought with the understanding that Epic Destinies actually stick around. Since I'm going to be losing all of my Epic Destinies and Fate Points and that unlock I bought is going to vanish, I'd like those TP back.

I'm just glad that I didn't spend any TP on XP pots and other consumables to level all of the Epic Destinies that I leveled.
    If fate points and unlocking of the epic destiny map are lost, others may join your appeal. Every time we level up those epic destinies earning fate points they ought to be ours to keep regardless of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by moops View Post
    ...This Epic TR thing, made me cancel my sub yesterday--first time since March 2006.

People say that we have a choice to TR....I think that they are forgetting that Turbine makes character breaking decisions.
    Nods in great sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    I don't have a single ED maxed out toon. However I would like the option to Heroic TR in the future. But losing even a single ED would just guarantee that I never TR another character. In fact that whole system they've laid out pretty much assures that I and I imagine a large number of players will never participate in it.
    Nods solemnly and tries to look wise, but fails as halflings never are taken seriously...

After reading thru much of this lengthy thread proposing maybe something like this:

Anytime you Epic TR, a dialog opens up.
    "Which capped Epic Destiny would you like to bind
    and gain the past life for?"

At that point you choose which Destiny you wish.
    This prevents people accidently being in the wrong destiny.
    This epic destiny applies to epic advantage and its xp
    is reset to zero.

Also anytime you use any kind of TR, another dialog opens up.
    "Would you like to use Epic Advantage?"

You can reply yes or no.

If the answer if no, then you keep all your epic destiny xp
    except an epic destiny that is capped and will be bound during this TR.

If the answer is yes, then you can mark one by one,
    each unbound epic destiny you would like to convert to heroic xp.
    {The reason one would want to do this is to farm more
    fate points in an enjoyable destiny.}

If you heroic TR, everything else remains the same.

Iconic TRing allows you to TR into an Iconic Class without
    binding any Epic Destinies.

If you are Epic TRing then you receive either a class past life
    or an iconic past life depending on what your current character is.

With epic TRing your new life starts at level 1 as heroic class or level 15 as iconic class.
    You are granted bonus xp for any epic advantage applied. This xp
    is hard capped and you must take it before earning more xp.

When you reach epic levels and gain a level in any epic destiny
    whether it has been reset or not this level is added to your fate counter:
    epic destiny levels gained / 3 = fate points

Heroic Class Completionist becomes an auto grant feat at level one.
    It is the same as the normal Completionist feat.

Iconic Completionist becomise an auto grant feat at level one.
    It grants you a bonus feat?

Epic Completionist becomes an auto grant feat at level twenty.
    It grants you an extra twist slot and X fate points.

For every four Epic Destinies bound you receive an extra twist slot.
    Twist remain capped at level four.

Any destiny that was previously unlocked remains unlock for the next life,
    regardless of ED XP resets.

Community Member

Default not something i would even consider

I don't speak for anyone other than myself. I personally will lose interest in the game very quickly if this goes live as is. Reason being I don't sit and grind epic destiny xp but have done it over multiple lives 1 or 2 destinies per life. Now you are telling me that I did those all in vain and would have to epic TR to get what I already have the next time I get bored with a toon. Personally I would have been fine with this a year ago. I would have either A done the epic TR then, or B ignored all in favor of just heroic lives and ignored the entire system. now that I have spent month after month dong a couple of epic destinies per life to have them all when I finally decide to stay at cap for a bit as I have done on the past 5 toons to get all capped sot hat I could work on my last toon I will now be forced to do it all again if I don't stay capped from now on. Well that is the final nail in the coffin for me. This would be a big loss if more people who are as active as I am feel as I do. not sure how any others feelabout this idea, but ido know that iwill completely quit and find another game once im tired of playing the little bit of content I have left at that point.

Community Member

Default Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    First, we were assured by Turbine that we could safely get all the Epic Destinies we wanted because they would not be lost with a True Resurrection. (he means Reincarnation, heroic TR)

Second, many people purchased items with money in the DDO store in order to help them get the Destinies they wanted.

It's really underhanded to tell people they won't lose something and sell them items to help them gain it and then turn around and take it away anyway.

Finally, anyone who doesn't like the idea of losing their Epic Destinies with TR logically has to stop working on Epic Destinies RIGHT NOW or decide that they will never TR that character.

Even if Turbine comes back with a statement that they decided not to go forward with the idea of losing ED on TR why would anyone believe them? Turbine assured us once already that it wouldn't happen and yet they gave us this.

Also: who thought that trading a ED rank for a Heroic level 1- rank was somehow equitable? I mean even casual players can get through the first few levels in a few hours (say one game session). As a casual player it took me more than one game session to get one ED rank.
    +1

I agree 100%! Now Turbine look at our join dates, 2006, your veteran core players.

Exclamation Give the people what they deserve

My first impression upon reading the OP was very similar to the main theme I see reading the thread.
    To summarize, as presented, this would remove all incentive for me to do any more TRs of any sort.
    Also I do not think it is fair to punish those who worked hard to cap so many destinies under the current system.
    On the other hand I realize that the grind for Ultimate Completionist should be a large scale and very daunting endeavor.

So I took some time to calm down, think and analyze the situation and I think there does not have to be very many big changes to make this work.
    One thing that struck me was that by the time you reach level 28, you could have 3 destinies capped.
    This means that even if all the epic destiny is reset, by the time you are done grinding Epic past lives you have more than earned the XP back multiple time so the real grind is for epic levels now, not for destinies as the destinies will fill themselves out on the way to 28.

As I see it there are some groups of people whose needs are not addressed with these changes:
    • People who are happy with their ED's but not done their Heroic TR plans
    • People who have earned a large numbers of ED's
    • People who want large numbers of Heroic Past Life feats
    • People using iconic characters who want Epic Past lives

To address these concerns I would suggest minor tweaks as follows:

Heroic True Reincarnation
    • Heroic TR remains unchanged at level 20 or above
    • Grants a Class Past Life Feat that can stack up to 3x
    • Adds 2 build points up to a 36 point build
    • No benefit from Epic Advantage
    • No resetting of Epic XP

Epic Destiny True Reincarnation
    • Can be taken at Level Cap (Level 28 with Shadowfell Conspiracy)
    • Grants an Epic Destiny Past Life Feat
    • Feat based on selection of a maximized Epic Destiny
    • Karmic Bond -The active ED’s experience is now bonded through each ED True Reincarnation going forward
    • You must have a maximized, non-bonded ED to complete this TR
    • Adds 2 build points up to a 38 point build
    • Grants an Iconic Past Life Feat that can stack up to 3x if currently an iconic character
    • Grants a Class Past Life Feat (same as Heroic TR) if not an iconic character
    • Earns ranks from Epic Advantage
    • Resets all ED XP except for any destinies that have a Karmic Bond from a previous past life
    • Fate points are not carried over to next life, except for fate points from tomes and levels of ED's protected by Karmic Bonds

Notice I combined Iconic TRs into Epic TRs, just seemed less confusing that way, plus really anyone who gets to level 28 should get to bond an ED even if they started as iconic.

This still leaves us with an immense grind to fill all the options, but it does so without limiting players so drastically.

This does leave one key group mentioned earlier still affected, those who have already capped a large number of Epic Destinies and would like to participate with the Epic TRs without losing out on the benefits of their hard work getting to where they are now.
    For these players I think it would be fair to give them what they would deserve had they performed Epic TR's in the middle of their grind ED's.

In short for existing characters with at least 1 capped Epic Destiny when the system is released allow them to use Karmic Bond on an appropriate number of Destinies and let them keep their XP on an appropriate number of destinies. However only allow this once, the first time the character does an Epic TR. See the below for my recommendations:

• 1 Capped ED = 1 Karmic Bond
    • 2 Capped ED's = 1 Karmic Bond
    • 3 Capped ED's = 1 Karmic Bond
    • 4 Capped ED's = 1 Karmic Bond + 1 ED XP carried over
    • 5 Capped ED's = 2 Karmic Bond + 1 ED XP carried over
    • 6 Capped ED's = 2 Karmic Bond + 1 ED XP carried over
    • 7 Capped ED's = 2 Karmic Bond + 1 ED XP carried over
    • 8 Capped ED's = 2 Karmic Bond + 2 ED XP carried over
    • 9 Capped ED's = 3 Karmic Bond + 2 ED XP carried over
    • 10 Capped ED's = 3 Karmic Bond + 2 ED XP carried over
    • 11 Capped ED's = 3 Karmic Bond + 3 ED XP carried over

To get the following numbers I compared a projected 6.6 million epic XP to get to level 28 with 1.98 million XP per destiny.
    For example 11 capped destinies currently is 21.78 million XP. Which is enough to potentially reach level 28 three times and bond 3 different destinies. There is also enough XP available to level those three destinies back to cap during the process.

If this type of one time benefit could be designed it would allow everyone to decide whether or not to participate in the new grind for Epic XP without forcing people to change their plans.

PS. 12 Epic TRs at 6.6 million XP + 39 more per heroic class means there is an awful lot of potential lives now. Even starting at level 12 there could be 3 million xp per heroic life for a grand total of nearly 200 million xp to get all available past life feats. Good luck to any who attempt it.

Sorry for being so long winded, and hope the Turbine forum readers have time to sift through all the responses to look at the ideas presented. Among all the concerns there have been a large number of good ideas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    Really for people that have one or 2 maxed destines and not many levels in the other destinies this is meh but okay, for the rest of us we are being screwed over hard and fast.

Basically there's no point in doing any epics right now for destiny levels unless you haven't run any yet. It is basically them wiping all our maxed out destines with no reward.

... after the fact that a large amount of the players base has achieved it, and making them lose it by removing previous lives they have done and saying, to bad so sorry regrind them.
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

OMG its sooo funny. I am falling over with glee, seeing all those ED grinders Lose lose Lose.

I remember when they nerfed firewalls, when they nerfed clerics, when they nerfed rangers, Barbarians, and so on.

Now they nerfing everyone. you became too strong fer yer britches. Now after we hit level 28, nobody without all capped ED's will be able to play anything but epic casual.

I think I am gonna be sick...
    /sarcasm off

Community Member

Greetings

Some people prefer the 1-20 game.
    Some people prefer the 21+ game.
    Some people like both the heroic levels and the epic levels.
    Some people have already done the Heroic levels as many times as they want possibly even reaching Completionist (or 3x that for the most hardcore)
    Some people have done much ED xp already possibly maxing out all 11 EDs
    Some people dont chain TR back to back but like to TR, level up and actually stay for a longer time at the highest level experiencing the new class / ED.

Whatever system you decide you would do well not to needlessly alienate any of the groups mentioned above but rather be something flexible enough to suit everyone.

Here is what you should do:

1. Heroic TR.
    - reset to level 1 / Epic Advantage acting as a Veteran "buff", so the player can stop anywhere in the process at the level he/she prefers.
    - dont reset ED xp at all.
    - give a Heroic Past Life feat

2. Epic TR
    - reset to level 20 acting as a Veteran 20 "buff". This, however, adds a 14 day timer on doing a heroic TR to prevent using Epic TR to change classes and then immediately heroic TR in the class changed into.
    - dont give a Heroic Past Life feat
    - give an Epic Past Life feat (whatever those turn out to be)
    - reset ED xp but keep points of faith and unlocked destinies (add any reasonable system to prevent unlimited accumulation of points of faith)
    - bond one maxed ED with the Karmic Bonding

3. Combined Heroic + Epic TR
    - reset to level 1 / Epic Advantage acting as a Veteran "buff", so the player can stop anywhere in the process at the level he/she prefers.
    - give a Heroic Past Life feat
    - give an Epic Past Life feat (whatever those turn out to be)
    - reset ED xp but keep points of faith and unlocked destinies (add any reasonable system to prevent unlimited accumulation of points of faith)
    - bond one maxed ED with the Karmic Bonding

4. Iconic TR
    Whatever you think is right - its too early to tell for me. But definitely
    - Keep points of faith and unlocked destinies nomatter what.

With that in place anyone can decide for themselves how they want to play without being painted into a corner where most options are unappealing. You can chain heroic TR, chain epic TR or chain both without penalty - or you can stay at max level for a while before doing a TR again without undue penalty.

Community Member

Default Heart of Wind?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Interesting point. The problem with making it an option is that you'll inevitably have people crying foul that they accidentally chose the wrong option because Turbine failed to make it clear enough for them. Maybe when you Heroic TR or Epic TR as well as having to type in your character name you either have to type in "I want to start at rank 1" or "I want to start with advantage"? gives people the choice that way.
    Or maybe just start them the same way a new toon is started when Veteran status is unlocked. That mechanic is already in use.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

double post, ignore

Community Member

Default Sensible talk on forum???

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    This is a terrible terrible idea. The current True Reincarnation system means that there are lots of existing players who are playing at low levels as their reincarnates. This provides a pool of people who can group with new players.

I always thought the TR system was an awesome way of keeping the low level game alive and the low level game draws in new players

Here is how to do it in a player and game friendly way:
    The Epic Advantage should be a "Stone if Epic Advantage" type thing. It should have a number of charges equal to my Epic Destiny ranks when I TR. I can use the stone to take a Heroic Rank whenever I like. If I want to use it at level 1, then great, if I want to save it up to use at level 16 to power me up to 20 then let me.

Upon TRing any existing Stone of Epic Advantage in my inventory/cache/bank should be destroyed before the new one is granted. (or get Kruz to check and make sure I don't have one).
    This is a practical idea. I would +1 you if I could (or knew how)

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Default Urk!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    Then reverse the change made to Tomes of Ability so we lose used +4 and +5 Tomes on TR.
    Thou shalt not tempt the Devs.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

If they proceed with the way it is currently planned, it will be the death of the game. Here is my reasoning for that:

If they proceed in this manner, it will make assembling a group for EH/EE quests very difficult because people will be at so many different levels. You'll have people who didn't TR at all, people in the midst of various stages of Epic TR, and a bunch of people going through heroic TR. And ultimately, everyone will end up quitting because the dozens of new TRs that completionists need will prove overwhelming, and the endgame players will find themselves unable to form any quality groups due to how diversified the levels are, so they will grow frustrated with the game as well.

The systems MUST be separated: leave heroic TRing alone. Keep it as it is, for the people who like TRing. Save the ED resets for Epic/Iconic TRs only.

And for Epic TRs, each ED level should compensate more than just a single rank. Fully maxed EDs are 19 MILLION experience, a LOT of people feel they are being ripped off by only getting a few ranks out of all that.

Community Member

Talking Finally legal

Yay!

I finally made it to page 21.

<yawn> Time for some sleep.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Default Constructive Criticism

Thank you for being open with us players - that's good.

Clearly, a lot of players, including myself, are worried about losing all the time we've spent grinding out EDs for fate points. Please take their thoughts into consideration before the revamp to TRing, especially alternative suggestions including keeping 1. fate points and 2. unlocked trees.

Second, I like the idea of gaining passive ED feats after completing an ED and TRing. However, I'm disturbed by the notion of "bonding" EDs. Though it sounds like a good idea, it will result in me not playing in my preferred ED, which will turn my Epic TR lives into mere grinds, rather than the satisfying escapism which I seek here.

For example, let's say my preferred ED is Fury of the Wild. So I max that, then bond it, then TR to get the passive feat. On my next life, Fury is capped and I have some useful benefit that adds to it. I have a choice: I could use Fury to level up to 28, then grind out a second ED to TR in and bond or I could level up in a different ED to bond. The first choice allows me to continue enjoying the synergy between my favorite ED and my class, but prevents me from gaining ED XP. The second choice prevents me from enjoying my class/ED combo, but earns me another past life feat. Sadly, I then have to do this over and over again, preventing me from enjoying my preferred class/ED for the majority of my gaming time.

So the system needs revisiting unless you are hoping to force players into unfavorable and disliked class/ED combinations - that seems ridiculous, since the point of this game is to enjoy it. Any system that forces you away from your favorite class is not promoting enjoyment, but perseverance.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Let me provide a more specific alternate suggestion:

Epic Destiny True Reincarnation, version 2.0

• Can be taken at Level Cap (Level 28 with Shadowfell Conspiracy)
    • You must have a maximized ED to complete this TR
    • Grants an Epic Destiny Past Life Feat

• Feat based on active, maximized Epic Destiny

• Destiny XP is reset to zero for the active, maximized Epic Destiny
      • Other Destinies are not affected

• Grants a Class Past Life Feat (same as Heroic TR)
    • Adds 2 build points up to a 38 point build
    Nice! I think you solved the problem I voiced above.

Community Member

Default Alternative solution: ghost-destinies.

Throwing an expanded idea on top of other posts already made.

Heroic TR: As before, don't touch destinies.

Epic TR: Two-tier action.
    1) Current active destiny is bound. You can use any of your bound destinies as the active destiny even when collecting exp for the others in the future. And naturally, you get the destiny feat for that one.

2) Non-active destinies are set as ghost-destinies. You have as many ghost-points there as before, and if you make that the active destiny, you can spend the points there as you like. You don't get the autogrant features until you convert all the ghost-points to actual destiny points, but you still have the already-grinded selectable destiny features available, making things much more fun the second time around.

3) Fate points. That's details to be hammered, but if you epic tr, you're bound to lose something.

4) Flat exp from destiny tiers. As you don't really really lose them, no need for this. Maybe grant exp-bonus for the next life or whatever. Please please, let me start at the same level as my other friends doing TR at the same time regardless of the destiny exp. And, getting 1-3 levels for a few lost destinies is even bigger slap in the face than getting 10-11 for a full set.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Anytime you Epic TR, a dialog opens up.
    "Which capped Epic Destiny would you like to bind
    and gain the past life for?"

At that point you choose which Destiny you wish.
    This prevents people accidently being in the wrong destiny.
    This epic destiny applies to epic advantage and its xp
    is reset to zero.
    I don't really undestand this part. If you bond a Destiny and gain the Epic Destiny Past Life Feat for it, why would it's XP be reset to zero? The idea of bonding it is to make it permanent.

The way they've currently described it makes more sense to me. You choose the destiny that you want to keep and make permanent, it locks in those levels and you then have that destiny available to twist in as you progress through the next one.

They way you've described it, I would cap a destiny, gain the past-life for it, but then have to re-level it and it wouldn't be available to twist? So if you were a new character just coming into ED's for the first time, you would cap your first destiny and then spread the rest of your ED XP across other destinies in the same sphere, maybe across into another sphere, and then when you Epic TR you would lose everything from the one that you capped, but you would be left with the remnants from the other destinies? So when you get back to 20 again, you would be able to start in any of the others that you still had some XP in? Is that what the benefit would be?

The only other problem with the idea that you only ever lose one destiny at a time is that from a system point of view, there's no progression in it.

The idea that you bond a destiny, then a second, then a third and you gain these advantage ranks in your next life does kind of work, where 1 bonded ED basically equates to a Heroic level. I understand the problem that your first Epic TR to a standard Class would see you start at level 2 .... whoop-de-doo, you've just saved yourself doing Haverdashers EHN and Recovering the Lost Tome on Elite .... 15 minutes if you're counting all the butterflies? Not much payback. But at least then it would progress that you would start at level 3, 4, 5 etc. The option to TR into an Iconic is more rewarding in that it lets you start at 16, 17, 18 so that you can lock in your destinies again.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    I think most of the doom we are seeing is more related to the really bad system we got last year and the betrayal being felt by those of us that actually used it. It's akin to being told if we remove 5000 tons of manure from a field with a teaspoon we would be able to forever after play there and then being told they changed their minds after we are done. Or to put it into DDO terms, a new improved TR system that removes all former past lives when it's used...but you get to start one rank higher on your next life for every past life you lose as compensation.
    You lost me at betrayal. Trying to use emotive language to describe something that has been in place for a year followed by a spurious analogy doesn't help your argument.

If you're going to use hyperbole to describe a problem, it would help your case if you then proposed a solution that people could perhaps agree with.

If you've previously posted a solution that has been buried somewhere in the 600 plus posts we're up to, it's probably worth repeating it. If your solution is "scrap it all" or "I hate everything" then it's probably not worth repeating.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

First, we were assured by Turbine that we could safely get all the Epic Destinies we wanted because they would not be lost with a True Resurrection.

Second, many people purchased items with money in the DDO store in order to help them get the Destinies they wanted.

It's really underhanded to tell people they won't lose something and sell them items to help them gain it and then turn around and take it away anyway.
    Tomes of Fate should persist through Epic TR as they are outside of the fate points calculated from your epic levels, don't see any problem with those.

Shears should have been reset as soon as it was realised how people were able to exploit them, characters who had paid for them should have got a TP refund and been de-sheared automatically when they next logged in.

Keys of Destiny are more complex. If they had been 95 TP then most people would say that they are disposable and you shouldn't expect to get anything for them, but maybe 995 TP is a different story. Then again, you could pay 1995 TP for 30 hours of 30% XP boost with the Sovereign Experience Elixir x5 bundle and you wouldn't expect to get that refunded. I think the other issue with these is that I would bet a pint or two that a Destiny doesn't record how it was unlocked, so there's no record in the system whether you unlocked it by having an adjacent destiny up to level 3 or whether you used a Key, so it might be impossible to determine who this affects.

Finally, anyone who doesn't like the idea of losing their Epic Destinies with TR logically has to stop working on Epic Destinies RIGHT NOW or decide that they will never TR that character.
    Nah, trying to incite the masses isn't going to help here. If your character isn't in the destiny that you want for your current life, then it still makes sense to get it there and see how that works out for you, you can still farm for good gear and enjoy some higher level questing. We might see fewer Rusty Blade farms up, and that can only be a good thing for people's sanity. If you really do believe that this will go live with Heroic TRing resetting your ED XP despite all logic, then it's definitely a good time to get through those Heroic lives as best you can.

Even if Turbine comes back with a statement that they decided not to go forward with the idea of losing ED on TR why would anyone believe them? Turbine assured us once already that it wouldn't happen and yet they gave us this.
    Tinfoil hat much? If you can't believe a word that Turbine say then maybe the OP by Producer Glin is a Bond-style master plan to out all the haters on the forums so they can add a -10 penalty to their Loot levels forever! Or maybe we just all agree that if we get a clear and unambiguous, non-marketing-speak statement that something will or won't happen then we accept it as being genuine?

Also: who thought that trading a ED rank for a Heroic level 1- rank was somehow equitable? I mean even casual players can get through the first few levels in a few hours (say one game session). As a casual player it took me more than one game session to get one ED rank.
    You're talking about Epic TRing now in the system that we would like to see. If we agree that Heroic TR should not affect ED XP in any way then this is only relevant for Epic TRing. And if you choose to Epic TR then you've decided that you're happy with this. I do think that they're setting the bar very low with this as level 1 to 2 takes 15 minutes, so saving someone 15 minutes of time is insignificant. Maybe a better idea would be that if you had unlocked Veteran status (1000 favour) when you Epic TR you will start as a Level 4 character and then gain your Advantage ranks, and if you had unlocked Veteran II status (3000 favour) when you Epic TR you will start as a Level 7 character and then gain your Advantage ranks, and if you choose to Epic TR as an Iconic then you will start as a level 15 Iconic character and then gain your Advantage ranks. This seems a better option to me and gives you an additional incentive to broaden your horizons in a life. I've definitely done 3 day legend lives where I've had nowhere near 3000 favour.

EDIT: When you Epic TR you would basically start on the Heart of Wind - see post 646 below about making Advantage optional.

Page 32 of 89 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast