I like the sound of these plans and goals, keep up the good work.I am excited to start sharing our plans for the future of the Reincarnation system! Later this year (targeting Update 20) we look forward to introducing two new TR destinations, Epic Destiny True Reincarnation and Iconic True Reincarnation. We’ve got some minor improvements involving Lesser and Greater Reincarnation in store, as well.
We’ve seen a number of questions and discussions about TR, Iconics, and the TR / end-game gap. For the expansion pack, we are focused on ensuring that the new races are fun and playable, the content is fun and beautiful, and that the enhancement system changes launch as expected! With that, we plan to build out the TR system later in the year. The team is also taking the time to get your early feedback as the designers and engineers lock down feature plans. - How does this fit (or change) your playstyle? Read on for details, then let us know!
A few goals for Epic Destiny TR:
- Extend Reincarnation system to allow for 38-point builds
- Include Epic Destinies in the TR cycle (with Epic Destiny Past Life Feats)
- Reward you for additional investment in Epic Destinies (with starting ranks after TR)
- Adjust the XP curve in Epic levels for multi-life TR to avoid the dramatic escalating grind
- Include Iconics in the TR cycle (with Iconic Past Life Feats)
- Allow you to TR into and out of Iconics (if you own Iconics)
How does this system look in practice?
Heroic True Reincarnation
- Heroic TR remains primarily unchanged at level 20 or above
- Grants a Class Past Life Feat that can stack up to 3x
- Adds 2 build points up to a 36 point build
- Benefits from the Epic Advantage if you earn Epic Destinies before TR (below)
Epic Destiny True Reincarnation
- Can be taken at Level Cap (Level 28 with Shadowfell Conspiracy)
- Grants an Epic Destiny Past Life Feat
- Feat based on active, maximized Epic Destiny
- Karmic Bond -The active ED’s experience is now bonded through each ED True Reincarnation going forward
- Grants a Class Past Life Feat (same as Heroic TR)
- You must have a maximized, non-bonded ED to complete this TR
- Adds 2 build points up to a 38 point build
With any type of True Reincarnation, all Epic Destiny Levels earned will give you an advantage when you rebuild your character, by converting Destiny Levels into Heroic Ranks. Every level of Epic Destiny you have earned will count toward ranks earned for your next life. (Epic Destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ED TR.)
Iconic True Reincarnation
That’s right; Iconics will have their own form of True Reincarnation, earning their own unique set of past-life feats. You will also be able to TR from any character into an Iconic, which begins at level 15, like normal. Epic Advantage also works on both ends, as well, transferring ED XP earned in your Iconic life, and, if you TR into an Iconic, adding XP on top of your level 15 starting XP.Can be taken at Level Cap (Level 28 with Shadowfell Conspiracy)
- Grants an Iconic Past Life Feat that can stack up to 3x
- Adds 2 build points up a 36 point build
- Earns ranks from Epic Advantage
Here are some changes we’re currently exploring:
- Reincarnation cooldown timer reduced to 3 days.
- Reincarnation XP curves smoothed to ease penalties for multiple lives.
- Lesser Reincarnation will allow a Heroic character to reincarnate as a Champion. Greater Reincarnation will no longer be sold, in favor of an improved Lesser Reincarnation.
- Iconic characters will be able to Lesser Reincarnate
We are eager to begin production on this system and appreciate the many players that are eager to see us fulfill the end game potential that the TR system presents. With these changes we are also keeping a long-term view for TR, such as how to expand the Epic Destiny system and continue to support level cap growth in the future.
Our sincere intentions are to provide these features to you, and the DDO community at large. We invite you response to these details and thank you for your support and fortitude while we roll these changes out in support of this year’s expansion pack. The team is thrilled that DDO continues to grow, innovate, and provide a great D&D experience.
As a side note to all the winjers - keep your bad news and whining to yourself, if you don't have any specific feedback contributions to submit that earnestly
seeks to give a mature opinion on these changes then please refrain from posting. Your constantly negative and whimisal comments are supressive.