Page 17 of 89 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    11 Destinies bonded/Completionist: A Deity Amongst Mortals - Your understanding of the Universe has expanded to such a degree that you've nearly become a god. Passive feat - You gain +8 stacking boost to all ability scores and skills. Your Spellpower (if applicable) is increased by 200, your spell DC's are increased by 20, and your to-hit and weapon damage is increased by 20. Furthermore, all active destinies have their effects doubled (example - The ability score boosts in Sentinel would now grant +2 per tier instead of +1, Adrenaline Overload grants an 800% damage boost instead of 400%). This feat becomes inactive when more destinies are added.
    Nah, this is way over the top. Between this and the others you list, you're basically talking about someone ending up with equivalent power to a Shear-cheat but by some legitimate means.

I'm chiming in: The system described in the OP seems to punish people who have toons with more than one capped destiny. I don't like the idea of losing my ED XP, and I'm going to settle for the option "Not TRing at all" with these toons, as it currently looks like.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Or maybe just renumber them from 1 to 6 the way they should have been in the first place?

Our number systems have always started at 1, it was a bit of a surprise to me when ED's came along with a starting value of 0.
    Ok

Nah, this is way over the top. Between this and the others you list, you're basically talking about someone ending up with equivalent power to a Shear-cheat but by some legitimate means.
    The same people who started posting Epic Elite is too easy.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    Still, I agree that Iconics will greatly trivialize the journey to completionist (and to the point of cheapening it entirely; especially when you consider those who achieved completionist the hard way going from 1-20+ each time).
    That's why you only get to TR into an Iconic as at Epic TR option at 28, instead of a Heroic TR option at 20.

Also, from what I've read, Iconic Past Lives are not the same as Class Past lives and don't count towards Completionist.

At the moment we have Heroic Completionist and with the new Epic TR they are adding Epic Completionist. I can't see any real need to also add Iconic Completionist when we only have 4 Iconics, but maybe it's something to think about.

Community Member

As mentioned before, heroic levels are separated from epic levels, so why just keep them that way?
    The answer is obvious - they don't like players doing low level (Eberron) stuff, they don't like us doing (heroic) TRs instead of playing their latest (epic level) contents and expansions. Honestly, who would do a heroic TR with a loss of 20 million xp anymore? To give more power who wanna do this is just a painful joke, 'cause every hero/legend character with cannith crafted gear, ship buffs, unlimited potions (even silver flame ones) etc. are just in a GOD mode already on low level (1-12), why would we need more power, when we already have more, than enough?

I like to do TR, because a lot of the old quests are fun to play for me, and I see so many guys on hero/legend characters these days, it's really "booming" now. I guess Turbine recognized this as well, and wanna stop people to play "old" content. It's just a shame... I respect(ed) the devs to this point, but if they really wanna do to assist for killing the old content, that would be the last nail in the coffin for me, and I would just find another game to play. This game means a lot for me (on emotional levels) as a player, and if the devs can't feel the same way, nothing to keep me here.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    My first reading screams EPIC FAIL, on a level of "shut down the servers and turn off the lights, the game is over."

Possible ways this could be salvaged:

1) As mentioned a few times, you lose all destiny xp (except bonded destinies) but retain all fate points, and any new destiny grinding adds more fate points to that total. This wouldn't just be a save, it would be a total win. None of the current destiny xp people have spent so many hours grinding (almost purely for the fate points) would be wasted in such a system.

2) Plans are scrapped for heroic tr, leaving it the same as it is now. Do a heroic tr and you don't lose any destiny xp and you also don't get any epic advantage or epic past life.

3) When the change is first rolled out to live, all capped destinies on existing character get a special "semi-bonded" flag. Semi-bonded destinies do not get lost on tr, but since they aren't fully bonded you don't get epic past lives for them. You have to actually bond them to get that.

4) This possibility would be both the most and least painful option: You lose all destiny xp on any TR, just like Glin says in the OP, but going forward you can put your epic xp to any unlocked destiny while keeping your preferred destiny active. This would be the most painful in that you'd have to regrind all the destiny xp you already ground out, but it would be the least painful because you could finally be having fun playing your real character while grinding out destinies.

Any of these 4 solutions would fix the EPIC FAIL I see in the OP, and I honestly don't know which one I'd prefer. I think 2) is my least favorite, and though it would be a grievous injury to lose all my destiny xp on all my alts I think 4) would be my favorite. But 1) looks really, really nice too. 3) is kludgy but probably the most fair way to handle it.
    +1

Community Member

You know when I checked dev tracker today and saw Epic TR, I was a bit excited to hear about what is coming. That was until I read what was planned. I have completionist with max ed and there is no way I am going to grind out 21 million xp again to get the epic completionist.

So I thought. Why the heck are they trying to make us earn back all that xp to do an epic tr. Then it hit me. I will admit I was a bit slow to see it because I was not too happy about the news. But now I realize they are doing it like this so they can sell Epic Destiny stones. Just another feature asked for by players turned into a cash grab. I guess this is the new endgame for turbine/WB or whoever is in charge. But if that goes through as is, I am afraid this game will be shut down. I mean 21 million xp is alot to do over.
    Last edited by Da_Most_Shady; 06-13-2013 at 03:57 AM.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    A point that I haven't seen yet...

My TR junkie toon is going for completionist. Okay, so you're counting Iconics in the completionist feat as well. I now have to do at least 17 lives. If I buy into this system, even though I've done 4 lives already (I started as an altoholic), That's at least 2 lives that I'll have every destiny bonded.

I wanted completionist because it seemed like a fun way to learn and play each class.

I have no desire to learn a class I've never played starting from level 12+.
    Interesting point. The problem with making it an option is that you'll inevitably have people crying foul that they accidentally chose the wrong option because Turbine failed to make it clear enough for them. Maybe when you Heroic TR or Epic TR as well as having to type in your character name you either have to type in "I want to start at rank 1" or "I want to start with advantage"? gives people the choice that way.

Also, from what I've read, Iconic Past Lives are not the same as Class Past lives and don't count towards Completionist.

At the moment we have Heroic Completionist and with the new Epic TR they are adding Epic Completionist. I can't see any real need to also add Iconic Completionist when we only have 4 Iconics, but maybe it's something to think about.
    Aye need about eight or so before we toss it in, but hey might as well plan ahead.

Interesting point. The problem with making it an option is that you'll inevitably have people crying foul that they accidentally chose the wrong option because Turbine failed to make it clear enough for them. Maybe when you Heroic TR or Epic TR as well as having to type in your character name you either have to type in "I want to start at rank 1" or "I want to start with advantage"? gives people the choice that way.
    Honestly I found TRing into korthos to be a stress breaker if I did not like epics.
    Eventually they changed epics granting normal/hard/elite options which helped.

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Can we have some practical examples please?

So for example I currently have a character that has 3 ranger past lives, a wiz PL, a sorc PL, and I was going to make an artificer but I've deicided I'll be an moncher for a while. So while I was on my last sorc life I grinded out all the arcane EDs but I started in Shiradi as that was where my last ranger past life left me. So now I'm on a monk mix I'm slowly leveling and maxing out my melee EDs. I have a 4,1 twist point setting at the moment.

With this system right now if I did deciced yep I want to finish off a couple more sorc lives and then go on my final artificer life, I would have to just dump all my ED experience pretty much except one tree (I have 4 totally capped out and 2 mostly capped out ones to choose from). What happens to my twists? Do they stay there? Say I keep the shiradi tree, then go to my sorc life, which tree can I then start in when I reach 20 again? only the trees next to shiradi or one of the arcane trees?
    Aye, even with a lot of reading this is a complex subject.
    When I first saw it, I was floored.

Several practical examples would be nice.

But before you do that, change your mind on some of this please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    I would have liked that 35 lives ago.

If you make it easier can I have free extra lives based on the difference between old and new amount of experience required to cap a TR? Cause, you know, you'd be invalidating millions worth of acquired exp.
    Lol, sign me up too..

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    Turbine decided to separate Heroic Levels from Epic Levels/Epic Destinies, it makes sense that the TR system should separate Heroic TR and Epic/ED TR.

Doing an Heroic TR should not affect Epic Destinies.
    Nods solemnly...

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    That's kind of the point of completionist, isn't it? to accumulate all the past life feats... Seems logical.
    Not precisely, no. Up until now it has only been about classes. I've pasted the feat description below from the wiki (capitalized words are mine for emphasis). So I would not guess that Completionist will require the iconic past life feats, nor the epic destiny past life feats, until we hear some statement to that effect.

Completionist
    Usage: Passive
    Prerequisite: All passive Past Life Feats of all current CLASSES

Description

You win DDO! You've leveled to 20 in every CLASS, and for your effort you can take this feat to get a +2 bonus to all skills and ability scores. When more CLASSES are added, this feat will deactivate and you will need to gain those past lives before this benefit reactivates.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I will ask you to notice that I also posted that each Epic TR (once per destiny) should add 1 point of fate.
    This idea I like. It's a nice extra reward in addition to the ED Past Life Feat for giving up their ED XP in their unbonded destinies.

Ignoring buying a tome of fate from the store, at the moment, the maximum number of Fate points you can get is from 55 levels which equates to 18 Fate Points at level:
    4 (1+2+3+4 = 10)
    2 (2+3 = 5)
    1 (3)

If we just renumber the Destiny Levels to start at 1, we would have 66 Levels which equates to 22 Fate Points to give us:
    4 (1+2+3+4 = 10)
    3 (2+3+4 = 9)
    1 (3)

-or-

4 (1+2+3+4 = 10)
    2 (2+3 = 5)
    2 (3+4 = 7)

If we added to this a further 11 Fate points from ED Past Life Feats plus an extra Fate point from Epic Completionist Feat this would be 34 Fate Points, with the option to buy a +2 Tome of Fate from the store this gives us a new total of 36 Points:
    4 (1+2+3+4 = 10)
    4 (2+3+4+5 = 14)
    3 (3+4+5 = 12)

At the moment, I'm sitting with 4/2/1 so have no reason to buy a Tome from the Store, if it was changed to this, then it would maybe give me a reason to.

With an increased number of Fate points like this, it might even be worth considering adding a 4th Twist Slot.

Quote Originally Posted by AnubisPrime View Post
    Thanks for all this info. It's much to digest.
    Indeed.
    I was talking it over with a guildie, and one concern is that as the XP curve is revisited, and it will be easier to TR (Heroic)--it will sort of feel like a kick in the chops to those completionists and multiple TR folks who spent the greater part of a few years doing such.
    Personally, Ill be glad if a legend life is easier to do.
    I'll smile to see more friends happier.
    It's progress and "moving forward", but it may be prudent to give at least a symbolic reward to those vets and founders whom ground-out the XP and TR'd before this new change takes effect. No, I'm not discounting the boost to VIP XP, the Founder's Helm, Boots, and I do appreciate the exclusive forum avatars.

Maybe an automatic XP boost if an epic TR is done, or a free "Been Through Death and Back" feat for those who TR'd prior to the change X many times, or those who are current completionists.

In this way, you then bring new people into a robust system of character development, and you satisfy some of the concerns of those who have been around for years (or the start of it all) by rewarding them with something that is not necessarily game breaking.
    If they toss me a bone, I'll take it, but I'm much more concern about being pinned into a corner.
    I see myself doing the Epic TRs on my TR/completionist character. It might be cool to put him through the Iconic wringer a few times .

My other characters may do one or two of these depending on the benefit of the epic past life feats.

All this of course depends on what the reality of it is...
    Aye, if the Epic Past Life feat are uber,
    if heroic TRing and Iconic TRing don't slash ed xp, and if fate / unlocks are never lost...then maybe I listen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Is it a coincidence that I have only just started to try farming epic destinies at all? Just got my first twist at the weekend.
    I guess I might as well go and TR again... even if they change the passive past lives... I will get something out of it. Piling up the destinies now just seems like a waste.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Details on the Epic Destiny Past Life feats please.

And keep fate points, so we don't have to level again Fury of the Wild on a caster or Magister on a Fighter. We will just need to level the destiny for the interested EDPL (epic destiny past life). So casters will most likely level only EDs for EDPL and for their twists in the final life and so will melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Now we getting close.

Wipe only active epic destiny, not all.

Drop me back to level 20, not 1.

Give me decent auto grant past life.

Deal.
    At the moment, the XP to cap at 28 would be:
    Code:
    Level	 Total XP	 XP/Level	Increase
    21	  300,000	  300,000	
    22	  750,000	  450,000	150,000
    23	1,350,000	  600,000	150,000
    24	2,100,000	  750,000	150,000
    25	3,000,000	  900,000	150,000
    26	4,050,000	1,050,000	150,000
    27	5,250,000	1,200,000	150,000
    28	6,600,000	1,350,000	150,000
    I'm guessing that their smoothing of the Epic XP curve would be more like:
    Code:
    Level	 Total XP	 XP/Level	Increase
    21	  300,000	  300,000	
    22	  675,000	  375,000	75,000
    23	1,125,000	  450,000	75,000
    24	1,650,000	  525,000	75,000
    25	2,250,000	  600,000	75,000
    26	2,925,000	  675,000	75,000
    27	3,675,000	  750,000	75,000
    28	4,500,000	  825,000	75,000
    Who knows, might even be less. But if they keep ED XP as it is, this still means you will automatically cap a new destiny at 1,980,000 somewhere in Level 24.

Now you can't compare Heroic XP quests to Epic XP quests in terms of the xp/min, so I don't see this as being difficult to achieve. Easily doable in a week.

Likewise, I see no need at all to change the Heroic XP requirements. When people are buying XP stones and doing a whole life in a weekend, and those of us who prefer not to cheat and bypass can do it in 34 hrs of quest time, there is no problem to solve here. Sure, it takes a casual player longer, but that's just the way it is. Rather than touching Heroic XP and the 1st, 2nd, 3rd+ life XP requirements, address the issue of crappy Heroic Quest XP instead so that people have a greater variety of quests to gain XP from in the first place. If there is a problem with the time it's taking people to get to 20, deal with the cause, not the effect.

Also, on the Epic TR dropping you to level 1+ranks (so level 12 with all ED's capped), wouldn't you be Epic TRing into an Iconic at level 15+ranks (so level 20 with all ED's capped)?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    Ok, I think this could work IF ALL OF THE ITEMS BELOW were implemented:

- you grandfathered out all the old grinding by saying that any maxed out ED as of the day U20 hits is automatically bonded
    - unbonded unlocked EDs stay unlocked, even if all the XP itself is lost
    - fate points are not lost on TR or ETR
    This a thousend times, everything else will make you loose biggest part of your costumers.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Page 17 of 89 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast