Page 4 of 89 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Another question that needs to be answered: Are players still going to be shackled by the Destiny Spheres when they TR? Many players currently hate not being able to start where they want in Epic Destinies. Even more are going to hate being shackled to EDs if ED XP is scrubbed when TRing, especially if they are still going for completionist.

On of the ways getting around the limited choice of EDs is to level up a character in a class that is in the ED that you want so the ED is unlocked before TRing into the class that you want the player to be. For example, playing a Ranger the first life to unlock Shiradi Champion then TRing into an Artificer. However, now it sounds like players must Bond to the ED they want before TRing. In my example, it means players have to stay in the class they don't want (Ranger) for two full EDs before TRing to gain access to the ED they want (Shiradi) before TRing, instead of just TRing at 20 because some points were dumped into the ED you want.

In other news . . . this makes the Xbox One the second dumbest idea made public this week

***?

I've done heroic completionist and got every destiny to 24 points. So if I TR once more I lose all my ED and have to TR another 11 times (once per destiny) to get them all back again?

So my next TR will gut my character and I have to play 11 more heroic lives (and then 11 more epic to 28 lives), to get back to where I am now?

Seriously?

No way. The loss of my existing stuff is simply too much.

On a TR once I get back to being epic I've lost pretty much everything I already had.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I'm absolutely astonished that Turbine found a way to take the worst most hated grind in the history of any MMO anywhere and make it more horrible.

Ponderous, fricking ponderous.

I'm so waiting for one of the fanbois to come out and defend this, it'll be glorious.
    This is a bit over the top. Play other MMOs. A weekend grind is quite easy compared to most other MMOs. On top of that, you don't even need to grind destinies. You can just TR and do one a life, and with some planning, you'll never be in a useless destiny. But for those people that wish to grind out destinies, a weekend of work isn't much.

It's important for this new system to keep this in mind.

Keep in mind . . . this is not the first time Turbine's presented an idea this insanely stupid that it keeps us distracted from yet another dumb change that's allowed to slip by.

Give us some details about this horrible Epic TR idea . . . right when the ENH pass beta is about to hit . . . let the horrible EHN pass slip right past the golly.

I'd say "well played" but it's just too obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    This is a bit over the top. Play other MMOs. A weekend grind is quite easy compared to most other MMOs. On top of that, you don't even need to grind destinies. You can just TR and do one a life, and with some planning, you'll never be in a useless destiny. But for those people that wish to grind out destinies, a weekend of work isn't much.

Do you really honestly think it is only a weekend grind to cap destinies for most players?????

If so you live in a fantasy world.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobius View Post
    Do you really honestly think it is only a weekend grind to cap destinies for most players?????

No I don't. But those people shouldn't be in such a hurry to cap destinies either. Capped destinies aren't needed for the epic content it will take them a years time to play through....

I'm sorry but I don't understand your point and I don't want to wrongly flame you.

But what about this system is good?

Losing ED XP on a heroic TR is not acceptable under any circumstance. I'll simply never TR anything again.

No I don't. But those people shouldn't be in such a hurry to cap destinies either. Capped destinies aren't needed for the epic content it will take them a years time to play through....
    Who are you to tell anyone anything about how they should play a game?

2015 DDO Players Council InsanityIsYourFriend's Avatar

The epic TR system has soooo much potential, and as you are saying your implementing would have worked but for one problem:

If I had known that I could TR and keep a single destiny (as it seems to be read) then I would not have capped a bunch of destinies. An easy way to keep the system viable: heroic TR does not lose destiny xp, when you epic TR you keep all your fate points. That way with enough epic TRs you could theoretically have 3 tier 4 twists.

just my 2 cents
    I am Falontani, Zeblazing, Zeholysoul, Zeshadowfist, Zesoulhuntah, Zedrunk, Singingblade, and many alts
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    Thanks for the report and Whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    This is talked about a ton, and nothing is concrete at this point. Enter bugs with examples. Tons and tons of bugs. Make Gazebo cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    Epic Advantage

With any type of True Reincarnation, all Epic Destiny Levels earned will give you an advantage when you rebuild your character, by converting Destiny Levels into Heroic Ranks. Every level of Epic Destiny you have earned will count toward ranks earned for your next life. (Epic Destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ED TR.)
    If this isn't optional, Everything you've written re: Heroic and Iconic TR's is a complete and total utter failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobius View Post

I consider myself pretty casual, and while it's not a weekend grind, it's only about a week of work to cap a destiny.

I'm more concerned with the retooling of TR XP overall, as right now it's several months of work for me to go from 1 to 20. If that dials down to a more reasonable level, I'll be happy...especially if it's retroactive, so current TR2+ toons suddenly get their levels boosted.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Community Member

Losing ED XP on a heroic TR is not acceptable under any circumstance. I'll simply never TR anything again.
    This I agree with, and is exactly what I'm saying.

Community Member

Who are you to tell anyone anything about how they should play a game?
    I'm sorry? Where did I tell someone how they should play the game? Casuals don't need all the goodies and shouldn't have all the goodies. The system agrees with me. No more dumbing down this game so everyone can feel special.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    If this isn't optional, Everything you've written re: Heroic and Iconic TR's is a complete and total utter failure.
    /signed.

This "Epic Advantage" nonsense will kill your game if it's not optional.

I, like many others, dislike that "Epic advantage" idea a LOT.
    I also dislike that it will prevent me from playing with my friends if we TR at the same time but without the same ED levels.

Solution to both those at once : let us choose to NOT use the epic "advantage" ! If it's supposed to be an advantage, we should be able to say "no thanks". And that way we can start at 1 with our friends and level like we've always done, ie from scratch, with our beloved EDs still there.

Or at least, let us choose that for heroic TR. And for epic TR, only reset the tree we're binding if we choose not to use the advantage.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    I am not sure they are saying that you loose the ED xp. It is possible that the "Karmic Bond" is just to 'check off' a maximized ED solely for the purposes of it being used to add 'ranks' to your TR. If so, that would mean that with each epic TR you would have to make a different maxed ED active right before your TR in order to get the bonus ranks.

I think more clarification on this would be helpful. If it works as you are reading it (and I am hopeing the "Epic Destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ED TR." is a misprint), where you loose ALL ED experience except for the bonded ED then I would agree that it would be a FAIL.
    I read it that each time you Epic TR you "bond" a destiny, that's the one that you get the Epic Destiny Past Life Feat for, that's the one you keep the ED XP for and you lose the ED XP from any "unbonded" destinies.

Your Fate points will be reset based initially on your ED Levels, so that's not changing, so you'll initially start with less. Each time you get to 20 you will initially have a number of Fate Points based on your "bonded" destinies.

I've re-read this a load of times and ran some numbers and it's not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Well that would mean that standard True Druidic Heart of Wood would be a "bad" idea right? Meaning that you would be encouraged to buy the True Druidic Heart of Destiny in order to get any sort of advantage. So the hearts that you can currently earn in game with tokens lose functionality and Turbine can set the price on the new hearts. They didn't technically remove them from the game, but reduced their functionality while releasing a new heart with a new price point and limited in game access.

I get what you're saying though. If you have any sort of destiny maxed, then doing a standard TR seems quite silly as you don't get to "bond" any destiny xp at all. You would be a fool not to bond something before TR'ing, meaning you are encouraged to use the new destiny TR widget, whatever it might be.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

The biggest problem I have here is that the bind between ED levels and fate points.

The current explained implementation basicaly destroys all the effort people have put into grinding out fate points

I don't mind grinding out the ED's I want for a given character, gain access to the twists I want. But then I'm stuck grinding out endless ED xp just for only the purpose of getting fate points to open up the slots I want.

Some things they could consider:

- Allow us to "lock" the ED of choice as previously mentioned by them for the purpose of the past life
    - Then allow us to choose between converting existing ED levels into heroic ranks to save effort in next life OR choose to keep the existing ED's and matched fate points.

- Alternatively, they could separate fate point experience from ED experience and allow us to carry over earned fate points into future lives regardless of what ED's we have. Obviously we would have a "cap" on how many fate points you can earn regardless of number of past lives.
    Leader of The Madborn, Thelanis
    Searros, Kangaros, Xearos, Fearos, Tearos, Zenros, Rocknros, Rargasauros, Whilyros, Frostyros, Rosificer, Levonestral, Clankros, Stabbyros

No... no... no...
    I dont want to loose my EDs... Seriously - I may loose my epic lvls, my heroic lvls but no EDs.
    And if epic TR makes you lvl 1 AND wipes out all EDS besides 1 - this is nt fun. At all.
    Maybe if it did put you on lvl 20 with the bound destiny - and then you would have to grind 28 lvl and 1 destiny to max - and then TR again to 20 lvl - having 2 bound not-wiped destiny thats ok... but leave my earned fate points or Ill be angry...

Page 4 of 89 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast