Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Default Good bye DDO

Im up for changes, this game needs it. But if i loose all my eds that i was farming like a moron for months on my toons that already have them then good bye DDO...

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    From what I read doesn't matter if you heroic or epic tr, ANY KIND of TR makes you lose your destiny xp which is a major major major kick in the teeth to people that have many maxed out destinies or to people that like to max out a destiny or or 3 before TRing again.

Some of us like it this way as it keeps us from over dosing on one or the other.
    You're right... it does say any TR kills ED XP. Hmmm... they might need to play with that or at least add in some qualifier if you've maxed all of them to make it worthwhile (aka worth more than just heroic xp ranks). I like my addition of bonus fate points for TR'ing a max ED'd toon. Though that's a power gamer angle... someone who only plays enough to get their toons to L3 of each destiny for maximum fate points/xp would probably want MORE in the case they need to TR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    The power from these PL feats would need to be insanely OP for me to consider junking my EDs on ANY of my toons.

I'm talking game-breaking OP.
    This is exactly what I'm thinking also. The only thing that comes close to me thinking this might work would be if the Bonded Epic Destiny(s) are accessible at level 1 when you TR. Practically anything less than that kills TRing if you have anything in the Epic Destinies unlocked.

BTW, does this scrubbing of ED XP also destroy all the Fate Points? Because I read nothing in the statement that touched on Fate Points or Twists of Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    Epic Destiny True Reincarnation
    So, let me see if I understand this:

I need two maximized Epic Destinies to qualify for Epic TR (one bonded, one not bonded).

So, I create a new toon (Bard), level him to level 28 and max out Fatesinger and Draconic Incarnation. Then I Epic TR into, say, Wizard and bond with the Fatesinger Destiny.

I willl loose all levels of Draconic Incarnation and instead get to start at Rank 5 (level 2) as 34 point build, Bard Past Life feat and (bonded) Fatesinger ED. Now I level to 28 again, max out Magister and again Draconic Incarnation. I bond with Magister and epic TR into Sorcerer.

Now, as Sorcerer, I again get to start at Rank 5, my build will be 36 points now and I will have bonded Fatesinger and Magister Destinies. Again I level to 28, this time maximizing Draconic Incarnation and Shadowdancer. My next epic TR will be Rogue, I bond with Draconic Incarnation. I will now start as 38 point build with Fatesinger, Magister and Draconic Incarnation bonded to me.

Personally, I don't think this is a bad system in and off itself, especially with TR's getting easier and faster.

The largest issue I see is that it feels like those who have multiple/all Destinies maximized getting shafted a lot. It hurts some for existing Completionists as they'd need to do one full set of TRs yet again if they want to grind out all Epic Destinies, but at least Heroic TRs give them Past Life feats.

People who maximized Epic Destinies get fairly little (1 rank per level of Epic Destiny you loose is practically not even worth mentioning). I believe I understand where you want to go with the system, making maximizing all your Destinies more a long term project rather than something easily accomplished in a few days of work. Personally I think you should reconsider the Epic Advantage - as it is it still makes it a fairly harsh deal for a large portion of the playerbase.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    This is exactly what I'm thinking also. The only thing that comes close to me thinking this might work would be if the Bonded Epic Destiny(s) are accessible at level 1 when you TR. Practically anything less than that kills TRing if you have anything in the Epic Destinies unlocked.

BTW, does this scrubbing of ED XP also destroy all the Fate Points? Because I read nothing in the statement that touched on Fate Points or Twists of Fate.
    Hmmmm if you get to keep your fate points and when you level back your destinies you get fate points again allowing for higher level 2nd and 3rd twists them it MIGHT again I say MIGHT be worth it.

Hero

The power from these PL feats would need to be insanely OP for me to consider junking my EDs on ANY of my toons.

I'm talking game-breaking OP.
    Bingo. There is almost no chance I would do an Epic TR and lose my gained ED. It was too painful/time consuming to gain.

This is something that really needs to be seriously, seriously rethought.

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post

Personally, I don't think this is a bad system in and off itself, especially with TR's getting easier and faster.
    This is unacceptable for toons who already have maxed out their destinies. All that time and effort flushed down the toilet.

Unacceptable.

Need an answer on this . . . does Heroic TR blank out your ED XP?

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post

Epic Advantage

With any type of True Reincarnation, all Epic Destiny Levels earned will give you an advantage when you rebuild your character, by converting Destiny Levels into Heroic Ranks. Every level of Epic Destiny you have earned will count toward ranks earned for your next life. (Epic Destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ED TR.)
    So assuming that I have all ED's capped and then in subsequent lives TR as soon as I hit level 28
    Assuming ED XP doesn't change, it's still 1,980,000 XP to cap an Epic Destiny.
    Assuming Epic XP doesn't change (although we know it will) this means you need 6,600,000 XP to cap at 28 distributed among the ED's to get as many as level before you Epic TR again.

1st Epic TR = Start at rank 1 + 55 = 56
    2nd Epic TR = Start at rank 1 + 27 = 28
    3rd Epic TR = Start at rank 1 + 32 = 33

If you're actually lowering the Epic XP requirements, then you will have less ED levels so will start at a lower heroic rank, but it will have been easier go get there ... sound about right?

Or, if you decide to TR into an Iconic, which sounds more interesting to gain a new Iconic Past Life will mean that you are

1st Epic TR = Start at rank 71 + 55 = 126
    2nd Epic TR = Start at rank 71 + 27 = 98
    3rd Epic TR = Start at rank 71 + 32 = 103

Am I understanding this properly? With the disclaimer that it won't actually be 6,600,000 Epic XP to get you to 28 in the future.

So if you have at least 25 ED levels when you TR into an Iconic, you can effectively end up back at 20 again?
    Last edited by Deadlock; 06-12-2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: duh ... adding numberz is tuff ...

Community Member

Default Awesome

Sounds awesome, I just hope the new past life feats are worth the trouble.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobius View Post
    Hmmmm if you get to keep your fate points and when you level back your destinies you get fate points again allowing for higher level 2nd and 3rd twists them it MIGHT again I say MIGHT be worth it.
    After I submitted my reply, I had a thought that if both Fate Points were stay and Twist of Fates (from Bonded Epic Destinies) were accessible at level 1, that MIGHT be acceptable along with new additional PL bonuses. Like you said, it MIGHT...but the wiggle room is awfully small on that "might".

Okay... I like the sound of everything else on this except the whole "lose your ED XP whenever you do any kind of TR." I'm holding off on saying "kill it with fire" until I hear what exactly you mean by the "heroic ranks" your EDs will be converted to. Because if it just means that you start off at a higher Heroic level in your next life... yeah, that's not going to cut it.

Whatever it means, I think people will be a LOT happier if you leave "classic" TR completely alone and make this new system part of "Epic Destiny True Reincarnation" only. People who are miffed about losing their hard-earned ED XP can then just ignore the new system and lose nothing in the process. Sound fair?

Could we get some Dev feedback on this ASAP? That's a lot of infodump to process there that needs clarification.
    Last edited by dejafu; 06-12-2013 at 02:09 PM.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post
    Okay... I like the sound of everything else on this except the whole "lose your ED XP whenever you do any kind of TR." I'm holding off on saying "kill it with fire" until I hear what exactly you mean by the "heroic ranks" your EDs will be converted to. Because if it just means that you start off at a higher Heroic level in your next life... yeah, that's not going to cut it.

Whatever it means, I think people will be a LOT happier if you leave "classic" TR completely alone and make this new system part of "Epic Destiny True Reincarnation" only. People who are miffed about losing their hard-earned ED XP can then just ignore the new system and lose nothing in the process. Sound fair?

Could we get some Dev feedback on this ASAP? That's a lot of infodump to process there that needs clarification.
    I'm of that mind, if I can ignore this insanely bad idea I don't have to care about it. But losing my ED XP on a heroic TR is not acceptable at all.

This is unacceptable for toons who already have maxed out their destinies. All that time and effort flushed down the toilet.

Unacceptable.

Need an answer on this . . . does Heroic TR blank out your ED XP?
    You won't get any answers in this thread. This was put out there to gauge how players are going to receive this idea.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    You won't get any answers in this thread. This was put out there to gauge how players are going to receive this idea.
    If they want to check players honest reactions Turbine needs to check the "other" forum.

The largest issue I see is that it feels like those who have multiple/all Destinies maximized getting shafted a lot.
    Maybe you should at least try read and comprehend what others are writing?
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Turbine: What did players hate most about the Epic Destiny System?

Coffee Club: Players hate grinding useless destinies

Turbine: let's figure out a way to make the always be in the wrong destiny!

The Epic TR system has so much potential to be great Turbine. I can't wait for my Monk to grind out Magistar for +10 spell pen on a TR......
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Maybe you should at least try read and comprehend what others are writing?
    Why? I'm smarter than they are anyway.

Community Member

If they want to check players honest reactions Turbine needs to check the "other" forum.

I hear that place is a cesspool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Turbine: What did players hate most about the Epic Destiny System?

Coffee Club: Players hate grinding useless destinies

Turbine: let's figure out a way to make the always be in the wrong destiny!

The Epic TR system has so much potential to be great Turbine. I can't wait for my Monk to grind out Magistar for +10 spell pen on a TR......

I'm absolutely astonished that Turbine found a way to take the worst most hated grind in the history of any MMO anywhere and make it more horrible.

Ponderous, fricking ponderous.

I'm so waiting for one of the fanbois to come out and defend this, it'll be glorious.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 06-12-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Community Member

Ponderous, fricking ponderous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0xWLahk86I

Last edited by forummuleonly; 06-12-2013 at 02:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast