Page 78 of 89 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1769

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    That's interesting, I've always personally wondered about this. Thanks for doing it and reporting the results.
    Well to make things even more complete.

I've been doing a Static Group since... The Epoch ( April/May 2006 )...
    We are all first lifers, half the party is 28 pointers ( the other half joined after due to people leaving, thus they had the chance to be able to start with 32 pointers ).
    We are doing quests on Normal, and right now we are at LVL 19.2... and we haven't started on Amrath ( that's for next week ).
    The basic rules are avoid to repeat quests, and no twinking.
    Also as we have been at it for a very long time we missed a lot of the low/medium level quests that came, and we didn't do many raids. ( We have done Tempest Spine and Vault of Night IIRC )
    So on Normal, without XP Pot, and without streak it is possible to level to 20. ( and yes at some points we had to bank XPs because we hadn't finished the quests at that level )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

How about the epic group level system?

(My english is not good to explain. I hope It's a bit well written enough.)

Epic Destiny Group Level System is worked by the group of epic destinies. This Group level is used to Epic TR.

For exaplme, Aracne Epic Group is consist of Draconic, Fatesinger, Magister. If you claimed one of them and gained XP, XP of Arcane Group is gained also. This results that Arcane Group Level increased.
    When you reached any group of its level cap, you're now allowed to Epic TR with one of its maximized EDs.
    If this system added, you should regain XP for the group to Epic TR, but only XP of the all groups is reset when Epic TR. Your ED XP would not be reset.

Let's see easily how it's going if you gonna Epic TR

1) You claimed Shadowdancer, of Martial Epic Destiny.
    1a) When you gained XP, XP goes to Character XP, Epic Destiny XP(Shadowdancer), and ED Group XP(Martial).
    1b) if you're 5 shadowdancer and this system added, your martial group level is 0. you should gain XP for that.
    2) You reached capped all thins to Epic TR(character level, ED level, ED group level)
    2a) You can Epic TR with any martial group ED if they are maximized level.
    2b) but you CANNOT Epic TR with anything else unless you have any ED group and its maximized level.
    otherwise, You can't Epic TR with Draconic(If you're has not capped arcane group level or not maximized level draconic)
    3) TR!
    4) Now your XP of all ED groups is reset, but ED XP would not be reset.

I'm sure this is not understood well, so I wrote this other way.

========================================
    ----------------- More easy to see ----------------------

#1. This is current status. if the ED group level system added, all level of your ED group is 0.
    If you want to gain XP of Arcane Group, You should claim one of that group - Magister, Fatesinger, Draconic. - When you claimed one, and gained XP, Aracane Group Level will also increase.

#2. You gained XP for Martial and Arcane Group, so those groups are capped except for Primal and Divine groups.
    You can Epic TR with Martial and Arcane, and any ED of the group(Arcane, Martial). but you can't select Shadowdancer at Epic TR, becuase the level of shadowdancer is not maximized[4].
    also you can't TR with Primal and Divine, because the level of the group is not capped(to 5)

#3. Now you Epic TRed, so your level of all ED groups is reset, but your ED level is kept except for one ED you selected for Epic TR.
    At this case, You selected Draconic Incarnation at Epic TR, so Draconic Incarnation's XP is reset. (or not. It's just a case. so XP of selected ED can be remained if changed.)

#Plus. You can burn XP of group level if they are not used at Epic TR. Burned XP is replaced to heroic XP.(or not. I just wrote more cases for more possibilities.)
    XP of ED is NOT burned. Burned thing is the level of ED GROUP LEVEL. If you TRed with Arcane, the level of Martial Group Level[5] will be burned, and other things also burned. but the level of primal and divine is 0 as you can see the pic, so they can't be burned unless they're above 1 level.
    You can't take any heroic xp benefit from resetting Arcane Group level, because you used it for Epic TR, not used to burn.

#Qustion: is there any beneficial effect on ED group level?
    #Answer: No. the level of ED group is only for Epic TR... unless devs changed their mind.

Hope It's enough... my poor english :/

P.S.If devs interested with this, I can let them know the detailed display design for this. :-p
    Last edited by Targal; 06-19-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Epic Destiny auto grant past life my prefences

Not entirely stable cause we don't know what is what,
    but here is what I would like to see them be:

Note this answers a lot of our twist dreaming.
    These would all be autogrants.

Draconic Incarnation ~ you now have a tier 3 SLA version of Energy Sheath
    its cool down timer is completely independent of the Energy Sheath
    Epic Destiny. You can change the energy type whenever you are
    in a public area. You gain X Fate points. {2 or 3 would be fine.}

Exalted Angel ~ you now have a tier 3 SLA version of Avenging Light
    its cool down timer is completely independent of the Avenging Light
    Epic Destiny. You gain X Fate points. {2 or 3 would be fine.}

Fatesinger ~ You gain the feats Inspire Courage. You gain +2 songs.
    If you already have Inspire Courage its bonuses are increased by +2.
    You gain X Fate points. {2 or 3 would be fine.}

Fury of the Wild ~ You gain two additional uses of the tier 3 epic destiny ability
    Primal Scream: Active Ability: (Cooldown 15 seconds) Nearby allies
    are raged gaining +5 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution,
    and suffer a -2 penalty to armor class. Nearby enemies take up to 30d20
    sonic damage. Duration 3 minutes per use. You also gain the tier 3 epic destiny
    ability Fast Healing: Passive Bonus: You heal 6d20 HP each minute using
    positive energy. If you already have Fast Healing, this will not stack with itself.
    You gain X Fate points {2 or 3 would be fine.}

Grandmaster of Flowers ~ An encore of Flowers: Passive Bonus: +1.0[W]
    to attacks you make while Centered. You gain +4 Ref. You gain X Fate points.
    {2 or 3 would be fine.}

Legendary Dreadnought~ +6 to DC's of all tactical feats.

Magistar ~ You gain the tier 1 epic destiny Variable Resistance:
    {Passive Bonus: Whenever take elemental damage +10 resistance
    to this type of damage for 1 minute. Stacks up to 3 times. Stack cleared
    if take a different elemental damage.} You gain +3 spell pen.

Primal Avatar ~ you now have a tier 3 SLA version of Rejuvenation Cocoon
    its cool down timer is completely independent of the Rejuvenation Cocoon
    Epic Destiny. You gain X Fate points. {2 or 3 would be fine.}

Shadowdancer ~ you now have the Shadow Training V inate ability
    {Shadow Training V: Active Ability: (Cooldown: 1 minute) activate this ability
    to use Dimension Door 5 times per rest. If you already have this ability, then
    the you gain 5 extra uses per a day of it. You gain X Fate points. {2 or 3 would be fine.}

Shiradi Champion ~ you now have the tier 3 Epic Destinies Healing Spring,
    Illusion of Well Being, and Fey Spring If you already have them, these will
    not stack.

Unjyielding Sentinel ~ you now have the tier 3 Epic Destiny Brace for impact.

The X fate points = 2 or 3 assumes that most if not all of our epic destiny
    xp will not be reset. If option 2 is taken, then 2 probably would be acceptable.
    If option 1 is taken, then 5 or 6 would be more desirable. (insert rant here).
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 06-19-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: adding +4 ref to monk ed

Dev's are you considering yet how you will be offering the epic reincarnations yet? I assume a true heart of wood will only work for level 20's and you would need a different one to use when maxed out.
    I only ask so I can start to prepare though its still a long way away. Whether they might only be available for TP, or gotten through epic tokens or challenge turn ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Epic Destiny True Reincarnation is defined as happening at level cap, not at level 28.

If/when the level cap is increased beyond 28, so will the requirement. Yes, this means it's potentially quicker or easier if you do it sooner.

That's our current thinking. This doesn't necessarily mean it will go on and on and on to level 999, but the important bit is that it's not tied to level 28.
    So repeating the mistake you made with TRs originally is the current thinking...

Systems work should have as a primary underpinning how it can and will work to scale when there is that potential.

You do not create a system which stops at current level cap. That is just making more work for you later on and putting out a worse product because of it.

How do you make things scale so you do not have the obvious problem of diminishing returns?

Well there are tons of ways...it's not rocket science...here is one possibility.

Heroic Class Levels
    * Each level of a class when a person TRs counts as one level of that class for TR benefits. These levels add to the previous total from past lives. There is no cap to this retention, but benefits stop accruing based upon current level cap (which of course would increase over time). These could have a fun little tree per class and those 'levels' could be points you could spend in those trees with a limit of how many points you could spend per tree per CURRENT character level. Sounds just like any other basic MMO character UI advancement panel for a reason...it's easy to implement. It also UNLIKE current TR benefits allows for TR benefits to not completely overbalance low level play while still providing a good power boost at higher levels.

Epic Destiny Levels Destroyed
    * If you epic TR (should be available at any epic level not just current cap) you can blank out destiny levels. How many you blank out is your choice and what destinies they come from. Your fate total adjusts to the current earned destiny levels with any bonuses added on (ie fate tomes or other new bonuses that might be dreamed up). These levels are kept track of in the same manner as your heroic class levels and grant additional benefits in a similar manner...ie tab per destiny type thing, only so many points per tab spent per level (in this case starting at level 20 so destiny past life benefit would scale also).

Epic Generic Class Levels Destroyed
    * Same as above except for generic epic class levels. There is a difference here between destinies...because destiny level loss would be player controlled at time of TR from non of their destinies to all of them so clearly this is an important thing to give separate bonuses and keep track of separately.

Race Levels of previous lives
    * These should be kept track for future possible benefits similar to the above.

In this manner someone could epic TR at any level cap or even anytime after they hit level 20. Benefits of the system could still be compelling as level cap increases while not unbalancing lower level play. Oh and iconics could have their 'class/race' levels kept track of with similar benefits too of course.

The whole point of the above sample exercise is that it is not that big of a deal to have a system which takes into consideration future expansion and you probably will end up with a far better system if you do so at the current level cap also.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Unfortunately, this is a myth.

Grind is optional. Farming high XP/min quests is most definitely the most time-efficient way of gaining XP, but this doesn't suit everyone. Luckily you don't need to do this.

To prove this point, for my 40th life, we decided to:
    1. do every quest once and once only ... you have no idea how much pain this caused me to leave Shadow Crypt after only one run, but them's the rules
    2. do challenges just once to try and get as many stars as possible and the first time XP bonusses that come with them - we skipped kobold island challenges completely because they're a pain without a full party of arcanes to keep the crystals repaired
    3. tag each explorer for each wilderness area on a single run, check for rares but not reset and repeat to try and get them all, and just pick up whatever slayers we got in the process
    4. not drink any XP pots, not even the ones you get from House Cannith challenges or turning in Eberron Dragonshards

Now both myself and my regular TR buddy have the Greater Learning Tome from the MotU expansion. I'm a VIP, but he isn't so I get the extra 10% XP from that, but he doesn't. As a VIP I get all of the volumes in the Monster Manual but he's missing the latest one I think. So I did pick up more XP from the Monster Manual in the process than he did.

The end result was that we both reached 20 without having to repeat a single quest, just by doing an Elite Streak. We ended up banking levels and ended up having to level to avoid wasting XP, which unfortunately meant we didn't get the Elite Streak bonus for those quests. We skipped the Lords of Dust chain completely and just came back to do it on Epic because the Epic XP is so good. Probably half of the raids we didnt' have a party at-level for so we skipped those too. It's definitely not the fastest life I've ever done, but we proved it's doable. Also, when you don't have an XP Pot burning away, you're much more relaxed about taking your time through the quests, so I'm confident a semi-capable party of 3rd lifers could maintain their elite streak at least until level 18.

So I'm afraid grind is 100% optional. You might be missing an adventure pack but that's something you can fix.
    I did basically the same thing on my monk's final life. This was before MOTU, so I didn't have the XP tome and had to do a small number of repeats, but overall it was the most fun and challenging life I've done (did it mostly solo). It would be completely amazing if this method could work for epic destinies as well, but even with possible epic xp refactoring there doesn't seem like there will be enough epic content for quite some time. Not to mention having to level while in potentially useless destinies means it would likely have to be done on epic hard streak instead of elite.
    Last edited by Monkey_Archer; 06-19-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    Thelanis Thylus Thelassir Kjeldorn Ingrisstohr Khaarnath Lyriah Byrron Grunzo Thylandras Kharandras Thylandar Mallachias Kharnofski Grunzar Thyax Kharnoth Ghallanda Lykanthar Kharnor Thelanar Kharnaxe Kharnoth
    Khyber Gimpo

Founder

Default "Players Choice Design" Is Worth Looking At

I've only seen one mention of SigTrent's design suggestion on DDOcast. It is written on the page under the podcast window for anyone who doesn't want to watch the whole podcast.

http://www.ddocast.com/2013/06/ddocast-289/

Also SigTrent started a thread in the General Forums:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Reincarnation

Community Member

Epic Destiny True Reincarnation is defined as happening at level cap, not at level 28.

If/when the level cap is increased beyond 28, so will the requirement. Yes, this means it's potentially quicker or easier if you do it sooner.

That's our current thinking. This doesn't necessarily mean it will go on and on and on to level 999, but the important bit is that it's not tied to level 28.

One request please:

Establish a long term max lvl cap and take your time getting there - by the time a character is lvl 30 they should basically either ascend to godhood or retire to Elminster style npc. Maybe hold off on hitting lvl 30 for 2~3 years at least and once there keep that cap set in stone.

Before finalizing end game TR plans please discuss how far you wish to go in the long term. Eternally increasing lvls doesn't work well for d&d for numerous reasons and most of those carry over to ddo. By this time every encounter should be plane hopping god slaying craziness, otherwise we just feel silly to be killing lvl 30 'cultists', 'rats', & 'innkeepers'. New quests should feel appropriately epic in scope.

Ideally whatever TR mechanics you decide on should allow future growth of base lvls & epic destinies without changing the TR system once it's in place. However, you should decide on an upper limit now to how far those will increase so you can balance the system correctly the first time. Something like max lvl 30, max epic destiny lvl 10 with an estimate of it taking say 2~3 years to hit lvl 30 and 3~5 years for epic destinies to increase.

Whatever those numbers end up being please give us an idea what your long term plans are if possible.

2014 DDO Players Council

<sarcasm on>
    ...at which point any Epic Past Lives you got when the level cap was 28 will be considered un-super-bonded, and lost on your next TR.
    <sarcasm off>
    Last edited by SirValentine; 06-19-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Zakharov View Post
    One request please:

Establish a long term max lvl cap and take your time getting there - by the time a character is lvl 30 they should basically either ascend to godhood or retire to Elminster style npc. Maybe hold off on hitting lvl 30 for 2~3 years at least and once there keep that cap set in stone.

Before finalizing end game TR plans please discuss how far you wish to go in the long term. Eternally increasing lvls doesn't work well for d&d for numerous reasons and most of those carry over to ddo. By this time every encounter should be plane hopping god slaying craziness, otherwise we just feel silly to be killing lvl 30 'cultists', 'rats', & 'innkeepers'. New quests should feel appropriately epic in scope.

Ideally whatever TR mechanics you decide on should allow future growth of base lvls & epic destinies without changing the TR system once it's in place. However, you should decide on an upper limit now to how far those will increase so you can balance the system correctly the first time. Something like max lvl 30, max epic destiny lvl 10 with an estimate of it taking say 2~3 years to hit lvl 30 and 3~5 years for epic destinies to increase.

Whatever those numbers end up being please give us an idea what your long term plans are if possible.
    If/when the level cap is increased.
    Go to the local books - a - million bookstore, go to the gaming area,
    pick up a 4th edition book and read thru it.

Look at the front contents and see whose names/labels are there.

As my Math teacher once said, "You can bet your farm on that one."

Hey, Devs, I know you remember what the Ent said, "Forever is very long time..."
    but I trust you are talking among yourselves about this.

Frankly I want to see the level 30 / ED level 10 sooner than later,
    in conjunction with all this expanded TR which is obviously preparing for a rather
    long duration at level 30.

Just do it...

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. Are you actively trolling this topic?

The whole conversation started when you replied to my post that Option 1 wasn't a good option since converting ED XP to Heroic XP was a bad idea. One of the reasons that it's a bad idea is because players would have to re-grind EDs that are horrible to for the current class/build that doesn't gel well together. Your reply was that it was irrelevant since players can TR when they get to an ED that doesn't work well then level it up that way (after running through the 20 levels of a class that a player either doesn't need or doesn't like to play).

That is exactly how it relates to Option 1: because you said it was "irrelevant" if players wanted to level up EDs that don't work with their classes/builds (such as any heavy armor class and GMoF, casters in the melee sphere, Artificers trying to get to Shiradi, Divines trying to get to Shiradi or the Arcane sphere), since being able to TR into a better working class for that ED is an option.
    Don't forget the potential for one-time only bonding of multiple destinies included in Option 1, or does that take the wind from your sails? If one's argument against an option consistently ignores a given facet of said option, how can one truly consider such argument to be valid? This is the reason I question this argument you keep nagging me with. It is incomplete, unbalanced, and I tire of your sophistry. Can we please move on to something more constructive?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Don't forget the potential for one-time only bonding of multiple destinies included in Option 1, or does that take the wind from your sails? If one's argument against an option consistently ignores a given facet of said option, how can one truly consider such argument to be valid? This is the reason I question this argument you keep nagging me with. It is incomplete, unbalanced, and I tire of your sophistry. Can we please move on to something more constructive?
    The one time bonding of multiple destinies is fine for players who capped several destinies already. It doesn't help those that for various reasons didn't grind out all the EDs: multiple players, took a break from the game, didn't like the off ED grind so they have incomplete EDs, focusing on TR, etc. The one time bond would be even worse if it was for a limited time only (which I suspect it is).

Besides, you didn't bring up the multiple bonding argument until recently. You're argument began and ended with nothing more than if players weren't willing to use classes/builds that work if EDs, then they have an irrelevant excuse for wanting to keep ED XP.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This thread has been read quite a bit by the dev team and other folks directly, and we'll be continuing this discussion throughout the coming days and weeks. Please remember to keep things civil and not insult each other or the Turbine development team.
    Ok, understand in game politics folks...

Glin is not calling the shot here.
    Warner Bros is not calling the shot here.

Big Daddy is on the scene, and what Big Daddy says is LAW.
    Indirectly if not directly.

Big Daddy is a bit upset that someone far out of my field of view,
    someone butchered their name and game.

They want to do things right here, and keep things in order,
    and I thank them for that.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 06-19-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Targal View Post
    How about the epic group level system?

(My english is not good to explain. I hope It's a bit well written enough.)

Epic Destiny Group Level System is worked by the group of epic destinies. This Group level is used to Epic TR.

For exaplme, Aracne Epic Group is consist of Draconic, Fatesinger, Magister. If you claimed one of them and gained XP, XP of Arcane Group is gained also. This results that Arcane Group Level increased.
    When you reached any group of its level cap, you're now allowed to Epic TR with one of its maximized EDs.
    If this system added, you should regain XP for the group to Epic TR, but only XP of the all groups is reset when Epic TR. Your ED XP would not be reset.

Let's see easily how it's going if you gonna Epic TR

1) You claimed Shadowdancer, of Martial Epic Destiny.
    1a) When you gained XP, XP goes to Character XP, Epic Destiny XP(Shadowdancer), and ED Group XP(Martial).
    1b) if you're 5 shadowdancer and this system added, your martial group level is 0. you should gain XP for that.
    2) You reached capped all thins to Epic TR(character level, ED level, ED group level)
    2a) You can Epic TR with any martial group ED if they are maximized level.
    2b) but you CANNOT Epic TR with anything else unless you have any ED group and its maximized level.
    otherwise, You can't Epic TR with Draconic(If you're has not capped arcane group level or not maximized level draconic)
    3) TR!
    4) Now your XP of all ED groups is reset, but ED XP would not be reset.

I'm sure this is not understood well, so I wrote this other way.

----------------- More easy to see ----------------------

#1. This is current status. if the ED group level system added, all level of your ED group is 0.
    If you want to gain XP of Arcane Group, You should claim one of that group - Magister, Fatesinger, Draconic. - When you claimed one, and gained XP, Aracane Group Level will also increase.

#2. You gained XP for Martial and Arcane Group, so those groups are capped except for Primal and Divine groups.
    You can Epic TR with Martial and Arcane, and any ED of the group(Arcane, Martial). but you can't select Shadowdancer at Epic TR, becuase the level of shadowdancer is not maximized[4].
    also you can't TR with Primal and Divine, because the level of the group is not capped(to 5)

#3. Now you Epic TRed, so your level of all ED groups is reset, but your ED level is kept except for one ED you selected for Epic TR.
    At this case, You selected Draconic Incarnation at Epic TR, so Draconic Incarnation's XP is reset. (or not. It's just a case. so XP of selected ED can be remained if changed.)

#Plus. You can burn XP of group level if they are not used at Epic TR. Burned XP is replaced to heroic XP.(or not. I just wrote more cases for more possibilities.)
    XP of ED is NOT burned. Burned thing is the level of ED GROUP LEVEL. If you TRed with Arcane, the level of Martial Group Level[5] will be burned, and other things also burned. but the level of primal and divine is 0 as you can see the pic, so they can't be burned unless they're above 1 level.
    You can't take any heroic xp benefit from resetting Arcane Group level, because you used it for Epic TR, not used to burn.

#Qustion: is there any beneficial effect on ED group level?
    #Answer: No. the level of ED group is only for Epic TR... unless devs changed their mind.

Hope It's enough... my poor english :/

P.S.If devs interested with this, I can let them know the detailed display design for this. :-p
    It seems written well enough, and you have clearly given a lot of thought to this solution. Nice work.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Shadowfell is supposed to be level 16-18 content WITH and epic option (devs correct me if I'm wrong).
    QMX posted during the Great Forum Blackout (migration retention) that Wheloon is going to be level 16 quests (non-multimode, heroic only), and Shadowfell is going to be level 27 quests (epic only), no raids.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

That is why its a fairly good bet, the level cap will remain at 30,
    but evil outsider will challenge us with uber raids and quest
    that press the limits of our abilities.

An new portal to somewhere like Dark Sun will open,
    creating Psionic opportunities, etc...
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 06-19-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post

*ears perk up*

Dark Sun? Did someone say Dark Sun?
    "F*** Jay and Silent Bob, f*** them up their stupid a**es."
    "Who the f*** said that s***?"
    "A guy who calls himself 'Magnolia Fan'."

Okay... enough words on the devs shaky thoughts on TR'ing redo. Hopefully they can take our input and give us a more concrete and less wipes it all away beta-strawman in a few weeks that will also have their ideas on carrots for ED TR'ing.

Now devs... back to enhancement redos and figuring out how end game epic elite isn't just a ton of CR90 wolves and humans.
    "Why yes I'm just a peon archer in this quest but I do have 30 THOUSAND hit points. How am I not epic?"
    I ran a Ravenloft Fan Video Trailer Contest. Thanks for all the entries. Checkout the winners:
    Details Here

Community Member

Default System as proposed by Thelanis's resident Fancy Toaster

Alright, so I know I'm not the most present on the forums, but I've been playing for as long as I can remember now and long before I even made a forum handle. A lot of the things presented in this thread are, for lack of a better word, terrifying to seasoned players who are faced with losing upwards of twenty million experience just for trying to further better their character.

My solution covers a few different areas, the first of which is dealing with his Iconic Hero business.

Iconic heroes are an interesting concept, but one that doesn't fit very well into the game. I propose that Iconics be done away with and instead added as new races. This would also entail removing the class restriction, but I suggest that the bonuses for the home class be kept, so that say a bladeforged paladin would retain the bonuses to aura and the like. The idea of starting at level fifteen is a good one, and I think it should still be implemented. However, I don't think that a certain race should have any advantage over another in levels, so starting at level fifteen should be reworked as veteran status three, which would be attainable by a higher tier of favor, say 4,500. This does away with trying to deal with past life feats for classes that are actually races and means that iconics can be more readily integrated into the true reincarnation mechanic.

Now for the epic reincarnation conundrum.

Epic true reincarnation is a good idea, but the big question is how to implement it. The way I see it, there are three different types of experience -- heroic, epic, and destiny -- that call for three separate types of reincarnation, each of which would leave the other fields untouched. This way, uber completionists could continue on their merry -if grindy- ways without losing any destiny experience and those who wanted to stay at cap could reincarnate one destiny at a time, earning extra points to spend in said destiny, resetting its experience, and making it take more experience to cap, but not losing any of the twenty million or more experience that the player spent capping the others. The idea of epic reincarnation is a bit more difficult to wrap one's head around. I propose that epic reincarnation take a character from level 28 down to level 20 and unlock two additional fate points, up to a total increase of four for two epic reincarnations, much like heroic reincarnation adds build points. This should also raise the amount of experience required to get back to level 28. So, we now have heroic reincarnation that adds build points, epic reincarnation that adds fate points, and destiny reincarnation that adds points in a given destiny.

I think this is fairly reasonable, but I could be entirely misguided. As I see it, my system keeps players happy by not making their experience poof, adds more room for character improvement, and removes the headache of iconic heroes and reincarnation for the developers.

-Beaterbot the Fancy Toaster
    Thelanis
    The Fanciest Toaster on Thelanis
    Vidawrath | Murowrath | Sanawrath | Sulator | Beaterbot | Runerbot

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post

Psionics are as much a part of Eberron, See: Quori, Kalashtar Psiforged, etc, still not got any of them though

That being said Dark Sun! Ooooh!!!!!

P.S. Would still prefer more of a focus on Eberron, I'd love to go see Sharn, but I think if they really want us to go Planewalking they just need to add Sigil, then all the realms open up!
    Main Forum Account Status: Being Fixed!

Page 78 of 89 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast