Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Default sounds great

the loss of ED xp sucks but for all we know that is what the ED past life feats are for. Who knows that could all change by the time it hits live.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I'm sorry? Where did I tell someone how they should play the game? Casuals don't need all the goodies and shouldn't have all the goodies. The system agrees with me. No more dumbing down this game so everyone can feel special.
    This is dumbing down the game. It's content without content. Nobody should worry though because if enhancements go through as scheduled......well, that will be fun to watch.
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    I, like many others, dislike that "Epic advantage" idea a LOT.
    I also dislike that it will prevent me from playing with my friends if we TR at the same time but without the same ED levels.

Solution to both those at once : let us choose to NOT use the epic "advantage" ! If it's supposed to be an advantage, we should be able to say "no thanks". And that way we can start at 1 with our friends and level like we've always done, ie from scratch, with our beloved EDs still there.

Or at least, let us choose that for heroic TR. And for epic TR, only reset the tree we're binding if we choose not to use the advantage.
    I have to say calling this an "advantage" is a steaming pile of nonesene. Trading in Millions of XP for thousands . . . what kind of "advantage" is this?

Quote Originally Posted by EnziteBob View Post
    the loss of ED xp sucks but for all we know that is what the ED past life feats are for. Who knows that could all change by the time it hits live.
    Turbine has a fantastic, positive reputation for this.
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

I like the sound of this. (I have not grinded out every epic destiny. For those of you concerned about that, remember that you'll get enough EXP to fill several on the road to 28 again.)

I have three questions:

Will there be epic / iconic completionist?

Will there be enough content to hit level 28 repeatedly without it becoming dull and repetitive?

Will this form of TR be DDO-store only?
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.
    olganon.org - A videogame shouldn't be your life.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    So if I'm reading this correctly, any type of TR, including heroic TR will wipe my destinies clean. Massive ouch. I guess if I have any TR'ing to do, I should do it before the new TR system hits.
    I'm reading it if you Heroic TR you don't affect your ED XP at all - although you will still get the benefit of gaining ranks from your ED levels - so you could start at level 12 each time with capped ED's?
    If you Epic TR you reset your ED XP for any "unbonded" destiny.

Actually, maybe starting at level 12 each time would be overkill.

EDIT: Nah, scratch that. If you Heroic TR it should work exactly as it does right now. You start at level 1 and your ED XP is untouched. If you choose to Epic TR then you start at level 1 or 15 depending if you are TRing to an Iconic or not, and you gain additional ranks based on the number of ED levels you had when you TR'd. That'll work out okay ..... so long as it's crystal clear that Epic TRing is optional but will cost you ED XP.
    Last edited by Deadlock; 06-12-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I have to say calling this an "advantage" is a steaming pile of nonesene. Trading in Millions of XP for thousands . . . what kind of "advantage" is this?
    Calm down. You have 14 posts in the first 4 pages of this thread. We only have partial information. Stop inducing panic, breath and let someone else talk. Enough spam.

Quote Originally Posted by HotMaarl View Post
    Calm down. You have 14 posts in the first 4 pages of this thread. We only have partial information. Stop inducing panic, breath and let someone else talk. Enough spam.
    Yes because participating in a conversation about a horrible idea that wasn't thought thru at all is spamming. I've been thinking about the concept they tossed out and still can't find anything good to say about it. Secret World is looking better and better even though I have to buy a new computer to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by HotMaarl View Post
    Who are you to tell me anything? I'm not breaking any of the forums rules so if I'm bothering you put me on ignore. Or don't and you might learn something.

I'm actually laughing about all of this, but this is Turbine and when has "partial information" not lead to the worst case scenario?

Default Questions

Lots of questions....

EPIC Destiny TR (EDTR) - (Guess this means Epic "Destiny" TR, not Epic "Level" TR)
    a. when you EDTR, do you go back to level 1 or level 20 (I'm thinking 20 but I'm going to ask anyways)
    b. if you go back to level 20, does your quest completions reset? (So I have some quests to run without running into massive repeat penalty)
    c. if your quest completions reset, does it reset at quest level 1, or just epic quests (20+)?
    d. do the favor rewards reset with quest completion counter reset?
    e. When you do multiple EDTR, do all your previous bonded destinies get reset or do they stay at max level/tier?

I have more questions but lets just start here.

Also, just a small suggestion.
    If TR xp curve is redesigned, not to mention adding iconic class TR (is this class or race addition or neither), please make Completionist feat a passive auto-grant (@ character creation to character that achieve it) and make it permanent so that we can not loose it when TR system changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    I'm reading it if you Heroic TR you don't affect your ED XP at all.
    If you Epic TR you reset your ED XP for any "unbonded" destiny.
    You're reading it wrong.

As stated in the first post all TRs go through that "epic advantage" garbage where your ED levels get traded for heroic ranks.

Community Member

There's a few things that I think could use clarification.

Mostly I'm a bit confused on the Iconic reincarnation. It sounds like iconic TR is something you do at level cap to become an iconic character (i.e. can be anything before but you start at level 15 + advantage).

If this is the case, however, how exactly do iconic past life feats work? Do you get it when you iconic TR into the iconic? If so, it wouldn't really be a PAST life feat.... or do you get it only after you TR again out of the iconic? Do you also get normal heroic TR past life feats? Can epic destiny TR be done in conjunction with it or are they separate?

Let me illustrate with some examples of how I understand the system and where my main questions are.

Bob is a level 28 human fighter with a maxed out legendary dreadnaught. He has never done any form of TR before. He has the choice of doing a heroic TR, an epic destiny TR, or an iconic TR since he qualifies for any of them.

If Bob opts for a heroic TR he gains a heroic fighter past life feat, loses all his epic destiny xp, and starts at level 1 + advantage based on his prior life's epic destiny levels.

If Bob opts for an epic destiny TR he gains a heroic fighter past life feat, gains a legendary dreadnaught past life feat, loses all epic destiny xp except what's in his legendary dreadnaught tree, and starts over at level 1 + advantage based on his prior life's epic destiny levels. Do the levels in legendary dreadnaught that he doesn't lose also count towards the amount of advantage?

If Bob opts for an iconic TR he loses all epic destiny xp and starts over as an iconic character at level 15 + advantage. Would a heroic fighter past life be granted at this time? A legendary dreadnaught past life feat would not be granted at this time, correct? Would an iconic past life be granted at this time? If an iconic past life feat is granted at this time, how exactly is it a past life feat? If not, what exactly is the benefit of iconic TR? Is the iconic past life granted after your next TR? Am I totally misunderstanding how iconic TR works? I'm confused.

Personally, I see no reason to have iconic TR as a completely separate thing. In my opinion, there's should just be two types of TR, heroic and epic.

In my proposal, epic can work as you describe, that's fine with me, and heroic can work as it always has with one caveat. If you are an iconic character, you would need to be level 28 to do a heroic TR instead of 20. You can then ditch the idea of iconic past life feats. Or, alternately, you can create racial past life feats for all races (including iconic ones). You can then award a race and a class past life feat when you heroic TR. Each past life (race and class) could stack up to 3x. Just make sure that they are all unique and desirable and you'll have people TR'ing into and out of iconics as well as the base races.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    It's probably designed by the same person who thought trading in multiple of the really rare collectibles for a random item was a great idea. You know, the need of 5 Lightning Split Soarwood for a random Ruby Augment or 5 Amulets of the Archbishop for a random Sapphire Augment, when I'm averaging about 2 of those collectibles per year when I grab up as many of the collectibles as possible.
    Last edited by oradafu; 06-12-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dlsidhe View Post
    Alright, so, to sum up:

*EDs will have their own PL feats.
    *Epic TRs grant the ED-PL for the Bonded ED and erase ED XP for non-bonded EDs.
    *Epic TRs will allow up to 38-pt builds.
    *Regular TRs will function as normal...EXCEPT...
    *ALL TRs will offer "Epic Advantage," one heroic rank per ED level gained.
    *LRs will now create 32-pt builds
    *Iconics get their own PL feats.
    *You can TR into an Iconic (Nae's third life will be a Shadar-Kai, thank you).
    *GRs are being eliminated.
    *XP per TR might be reworked (please and thank you).

Sounds reasonable.
    You missed the part where all ED is lost if you use a standard TR.

Well, I'm curious to see how it all shakes out, but from the initial look here it just looks like another aspect of DDO which I'll try to ignore.

Turbine's development of late has made me a very casual DDO player, just logging in and doing easy quests to max out useless EDs and only occasionally having fun in a useful maxed out ED in EE content when I want a break from the annoying grind and don't care about getting pretty much no reward for it.

A system that wipes away almost all current progress so that I can restart, yet again? Really, Turbine? You guys are really getting lazier and lazier. It seems you spend too much time figuring ways for us to keep redoing old content instead of creating new content.

Hopefully, Turbine will have a better plan for Epic TRing than what this system currently sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Complete failure, I'd never ever want to grind out all my ed's again and it sounds like I'd only be able to bond one per tr. This means I'd have to regrind the entire mess of xp out without the nice easy farm of id and rusted blades. Your proposal sounds like it completely kills tr'ing.
    The same old heroic TR will be there if that is what you like. I like that there are going to be new options. You do what you like and the rest of us will do what we like.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Quote Originally Posted by dawnsfire View Post
    the same old heroic tr will be there if that is what you like. I like that there are going to be new options. You do what you like and the rest of us will do what we like.
    wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by glin View Post

epic advantage

with any type of true reincarnation, all epic destiny levels earned will give you an advantage when you rebuild your character, by converting destiny levels into heroic ranks. Every level of epic destiny you have earned will count toward ranks earned for your next life. (epic destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ed tr.)

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I'm sorry? Where did I tell someone how they should play the game? Casuals don't need all the goodies and shouldn't have all the goodies. The system agrees with me. No more dumbing down this game so everyone can feel special.
    Define casual mister 2012? You are letting your prejudices run away from you in this post. I bet I know plenty of "casuals" that have more time put into this game than you do and that also have way more know-how.

Oh and regardless of your join date my idea here stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsfire View Post
    The same old heroic TR will be there if that is what you like. I like that there are going to be new options. You do what you like and the rest of us will do what we like.
    No it won't it pretty clearly says...

With any type of True Reincarnation, all Epic Destiny Levels earned will give you an advantage when you rebuild your character, by converting Destiny Levels into Heroic Ranks. Every level of Epic Destiny you have earned will count toward ranks earned for your next life. (Epic Destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ED TR.)
    note in green they say with ANY TYPE OF TR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsfire View Post
    It would be nice if the same old heroic TR is still there. But from the sound of it, they want to change that as well. Because from the sound of it a TR will wipe away all of my Epic Destiny progress as well. Which is NOT how it works in the "old heroic TR" currently.

I just hope since this is an update by a Producer, a type of person who is generally rather clueless about the game mechanics, that he just misunderstood what the developers are really doing and that it won't really work like Glin thiinks it will. Sort of the old "take paralyzing from this weapon and put it on that weapon" type of mistake. This time I'll actually be happy that a Producer gets the mechanics wrong.

Community Member

More power creep and even more insane levels of grind. This looks like the point at which I'll be jumping ship. I was always more into the character building and manual skills aspect of gaming anyway, not an endless XP/min hamster wheel race. Good luck with it Turbine, it's just too much of a treadmill powered slot machine to keep me interested anymore.

To quote a recent post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gaesatae View Post
    If this is just from your imagination and not something being developed by Turbine, please stop posting ideas endorsing ridiculous power creep and grind. I am sick to death of naive people giving Turbine ideas on how to bog us down in grind, nerfs and time sinks.

You might be doing it in good faith, but what happens is companies like Turbine see this kind of thing as endorsement for even more revenue raising. Meanwhile, we get sidetracked from actually playing the game, into scrambling to keep up with all the grindy, P2P bulls*t, or have our characters end up becoming completely irrelevant.

Stop asking Turbine to screw us over even worse than they already have. Also, be very careful what you ask for from companies like this, or you will likely get it, but now how you envisioned. Before you know it, we will have server past lives, guild past lives, ddo store past lives etc.
    Sure saw this one coming.

Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast