Page 20 of 89 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NytCrawlr View Post
    I was taking an extended leave from the game, but keeping in touch to see how things were going to pan out.

I know it is early yet on some things, but I guess that leave could be permanent since I have no desire to redo the ED grind on my main if I ever TR her, and I did want to TR her.

Oh well, makes more room for Neverwinter, Wildstar, and other games.

Let me know when DDO 2 comes out.
    Between the forums, the alpha enhancements and this, the Devs need to do some fancy footwork
    and deep concessions SOONtm

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    If you're going to make us buy 4 RACES that have the same CLASSES as the existing classes that are required for Completionist you need your head examined.
    +1

There should be multiple completionist feats now.
    All should be auto granted.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Ok, now that I've slept on the announcement here is my cold reaction on it :

It's Too late for what you plan.

If you had given us Epic TR that way last year, it wouldn't have been a problem as everybody would have known the rules before developing any Epic destiny, and actually it would have been an interesting thing.

As things are, it's too late, lots of us have several capped destinies ( when not all ) and they are unwilling to loose that on their characters.
    So you just killed the game for these characters, as they won't be TRed anymore.

This is further compounded by the fact that we were told several month ago that loosing Epic Destinies XP when doing an Heroic TR was not WAI.
    Exactly. DDO has changed the rules too many times now. I tried to play last night and just couldn't find the motivation. I doubt I'll be in today for more than a few minutes. I've officially had enough. It's one thing to move the bar. It's another to change the rules. I don't have time for that...I'll find a different game that doesn't pull a bait and switch this often with their players.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Exactly. DDO has changed the rules too many times now. I tried to play last night and just couldn't find the motivation. I doubt I'll be in today for more than a few minutes. I've officially had enough. It's one thing to move the bar. It's another to change the rules. I don't have time for that...I'll find a different game that doesn't pull a bait and switch this often with their players.
    They can't come up with enough good content that's compelling to play at end-game.

There solution is to destroy people's toons and make them start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    No one is assuming anything. The devs came right out and said that this is their plan. And, yes, *some* of the changes do have potential. The problem is that the loss of 20+ million epic destiny exp is such a massive downside to their plans that it overwhelms everything else about their plans.

To be honest, I haven't really seen any over-reactions to the loss of 20+ million exp. Unlike some of the basement-dwellers here, I did not (cannot, and would not) spend (lose?) an entire weekend grinding one quest until I completed my epic destinies (whether that is considered actually capping them all or doing what I did, which is to do just enough to get the twists I want). As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have three characters who are "done" with their epic destinies: a monk with 4/1/1 twists, a druid and rogue with 4/2/1 twists. While I did run Rusted Blades on these characters (and have admitted such in the past), I did it little by little and often solo, turning the quest in each time. It was still boring, but it was more fun than running it in a group and it turned out to be quite good for my guild renown. Once I ransacked the reward list, then I would stop running it on that character for a while. Typically, I only had time to run it to ransack once every three weeks on each character as I simply do not have time to run it to ransack on each of three characters weekly. So, I did it in rotation (and now that those three characters are done, I have not done it on any other character since because I just cannot stand it anymore).

So, no, I have not over-reacted to the potential loss of over 20 million exp on each of three characters. If they go ahead with this plan, I will just leave the game. I left EverQuest with a 67 druid, 65 cleric, 56 monk, 51 bard, and multiple other lower level characters back when the cap was level 80 because I decided the grind to get there (and do all the Alternative Advancement ****) was too much. The grind here is considerably (even dramatically) less than that, but grinding is not fun and I avoid it as much as possible. Of course, "grind" is a subjective assessment because there may be people who find things fun that I find a grind. I know this is true for me - I am having fun running Tide Turns and Bargain of Blood over and over again for another seal and shard of the midnight greetings (collecting lots of loot, other seals and shards, and token fragments along the way), while many others would find it a grind.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    Get rid of the starting at level 1 for Epic TR. If you want to play the 1-20 game leave it for the normal TR's.

Epic start at 20, and reset the xp of only the sphere you want to improve. ie if you want to improve Primal then all Primal ED's are set back to 0 and you gain a bonus in that area. Grinding back out all Spheres just to be able to access the ones you want and max fate points again is just the sort of pain to make people rage quit. Give some control over the areas that people want to improve one step at a time.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Urgforum View Post
    Losing ED exp upon TR would have been fine if it had been that way from the start. But throwing it in now, after it has been an explicit design feature for EDs to persist through TRs for months and months, is a terrible idea.

I add my voice to the suggestion earlier of leave heroic TR separate from ED TR. If I want to reset my heroic levels, leave my ED levels alone.

I don't run one quest 300 times to zerg 21 million exp. I'm a fairly casual player who already has a job thank you very much, I don't need to feel like I'm doing tedious work when I'm playing a game. I've been exploring epic level play for a while on my first level 20+ character and just getting to the point where I want to try TRing for the first time. This announcement makes me want to just park that character until I know whether the outcry is going to have any effect. Would we at least be keeping the unlocks that we earned to access other destinies than the one we started in?

Is this "Epic Advantage" mandatory? Because maybe I want to skip the first few levels, but maybe I don't, depends on the class I'm leveling and how front- or back-loaded it is. Especially since I'm going to need to run all those level 2 quests anyway for Coin Lord backpack space.
    +1

They need to really think hard about all this.
    They are about to seriously lose people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla93 View Post
    Well honestly my idea for new TRs would be:
    Heroic TR - like it is now - no loose of EDs or anything with them.
    Epic TR - TR to lvl 20, loose of xp only in active ED - and thats why past life from the active ED.
    20-28 is still a lot of XP.
    And anything that makes you loose all EDs is just not fun...
    And actually loosing all doesnt make sense. I mean - TR is getting rid of old life and starting new life. OK. But your "current life" is active ED I guess... not all EDs.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilII View Post
    A feasibel idea might be to bond and remove the xp from the (maxed) destiny that you have chosen at the point of Epic Reincarnation, *leaving all other destinies untouched *, then restarting at level 20 with the Epic Past Life feat from you chosen .

This could fairly well balanced to would make it wothwile for characters with multiple maxed destinies to reincarnate, while still not making it completely trivial to attain past life feats and keeping some of the replayability value of epic levels.

Another option could be to wipe all epic xp, but to leave all fate Points from previous lives intact, *and allow new epic XP to build further fate points* (making it possible to eventually have multiple 6th level twists). However, I dislike this idea due to the extreme level of grind it would imply to get even one, let alone several, Epic Past Life feats given that you would have to re-level not only your main destiny but also all the ones you want to get Twists of fate from.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    @OP/Devs

Not a fan, sorry.

I'm not a serial TR player - I prefer to play Epic quests and run Raids at end game - I don't buy into the whole multiple TR "This is SRS Buzniss" game plan.

And this system is not selling it to me either.

- 38pts? Meh.
    - Epic Destiny Past Life Feat? Meh if the Heroic ones are anything to go by.

Oh and the real kicker?

- LOSE ALL DESTINY XP!! (Except the one I 'lock in'?)
    - ...And gain free Heroic Ranks ... on levels that are easy to steam-roll through on a TR anyway?!..

No thanks.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Details on the Epic Destiny Past Life feats please.

And keep fate points, so we don't have to level again Fury of the Wild on a caster or Magister on a Fighter. We will just need to level the destiny for the interested EDPL (epic destiny past life). So casters will most likely level only EDs for EDPL and for their twists in the final life and so will melee.
    Aye, fate points and twists are everything outside of your current few favorite epic destinies.
    But the grind could be awful.

I don't even like the bonded thing.

I would like to be able to choose to reset an epic destiny I want to multiple times,
    and to be able to choose to not reset an epic destiny I don't want to reset.

I don't like that fact that epic xp keeps incrementally increasing.
    I would prefer to see all epic levels cost XX points to gain.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilII View Post
    A feasibel idea might be to bond and remove the xp from the (maxed) destiny that you have chosen at the point of Epic Reincarnation, *leaving all other destinies untouched *, then restarting at level 20 with the Epic Past Life feat from you chosen .

This could fairly well balanced to would make it wothwile for characters with multiple maxed destinies to reincarnate, while still not making it completely trivial to attain past life feats and keeping some of the replayability value of epic levels.

Another option could be to wipe all epic xp, but to leave all fate Points from previous lives intact, *and allow new epic XP to build further fate points* (making it possible to eventually have multiple 6th level twists). However, I dislike this idea due to the extreme level of grind it would imply to get even one, let alone several, Epic Past Life feats given that you would have to re-level not only your main destiny but also all the ones you want to get Twists of fate from.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla93 View Post
    Well honestly my idea for new TRs would be:
    Heroic TR - like it is now - no loose of EDs or anything with them.
    Epic TR - TR to lvl 20, loose of xp only in active ED - and thats why past life from the active ED.
    20-28 is still a lot of XP.
    And anything that makes you loose all EDs is just not fun...
    And actually loosing all doesnt make sense. I mean - TR is getting rid of old life and starting new life. OK. But your "current life" is active ED I guess... not all EDs.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    This a thousend times, everything else will make you loose biggest part of your costumers.
    +1

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDOForumAccount View Post
    Short term: Oh, gaining epic exp is useless now, why bother with epic content at all? LFM for 20+ was already dry, I suppose it will be dwindling to nothingness soon.

After this goes live: Oh, doing TR has such high cost, I just won't TR. A week later: Oh, I've now done all epic content once, would be nice to do some other quests to add variance. See short term. Ok, so what other games are there that I should play instead?

And previously I thought the destiny grind where you spend almost all of your time in the wrong/unfinished destinies was bad. In comparison to TR changes, it looks like a work of genius.
    This is exactly how I feel.

Now, the gamer in me says, "ok...let me just finish all of my important past lives on my two toons I care about now, before this goes live". But you know what? No. Not going to play in to the dev's game here.

It's clear to me that DDO has taken the delicate balance of creating fun versus creating escalating time requirements to suck people in and slammed the scales over to the latter.

At this point the players are being set up. They let us know that the level cap is going up to level 28. What does that mean for us as players that are planning our next move logically? It means that the only smart thing to do is to grind out all your ED xp while the grinding is good. They haven't announced any level 25+ content so grinding ED's at level 28 would be...problematic. So anyone that's thinking things through immediately goes and grinds those ED's.

A month later? They announce that any actions taken to better your character will wipe 10/11th's of your Epic Destiny xp you've earned on a capped character. Oh goody! So I get penalized for thinking through what the changes you announced a month ago mean. Thanks!

So now the logical thing to do would be to TR as much as possible between now and October or whenever U10 hits. But who's to say that Turbine doesn't pull another bait and switch. They're planning to wipe ED xp? Why not plan to wipe heroic past lives when you epic TR? Makes as much sense! Great plan! Completionists all go back to square 1 but if they bond every past life they can start at level 11 or 12!!! See, that'll make grinding all those past lives you lose much easier. And there's something you can buy in the store for 6995tp's that'll let you bind 1 heroic past life each time you epic TR!

I slept on it. I took the time to think about it. I went from in shock last night to disgusted today. What Turbine has proven here is that they're going down the dark alley of psychological manipulation in the game. They're purposely changing the rules with the main goals being to create more grind that people want to do while simultaneously creating income by providing ways to reduce the grind. This announcement has taken me from someone that typically defended Turbine to one of the tinfoil hat wearers.

So my new plan. I will NOT quit playing. That would reward Turbine. I will become a F2P leach. I will spend nothing with Turbine. I will play as often as I feel like playing but purposely not improve my characters. I will lead no raids, I will organize no groups. I will simply play what I feel like playing, mostly when my kids are playing, and I'll run whatever difficulty I feel like running. Because I'm purposely not caring about progression. Turbine has made it clear that any progression you do on a character is subject to removal. Then to heck with progressing! I'll enjoy their game a lot more now that I'll be playing it on my terms, the 100's of dollars I've spent with them in the last year will go to $0 in the next year, and I'll probably log on a lot less now that the only reason I'll play is to play - not to spend hours in Rusted Blades, running flagging quests I don't like to run a raid I don't like to grind for one item - no, I'm done with Turbine's grind. This game is easy enough that none of that is necessary.

So I'm officially quitting...I'm quitting Turbine's game. I'm quitting as a paying customer. I'll see you all in-game while I'm playing my game. I'll be the relaxed gimp in decent gear having fun on Turbine's dime.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    The entire ED TR "feature" reads like somebody tried to answer, "How do we penalize the players who already capped their ED XP by running Rusted Blades or Death Undone before we nerfed speed completions?"

The ED feats gained through Epic TR will have to be amazing to justify the loss of 20mil XP. And we all know they'll be mediocre at best, assuming they even work as described. Turbine's track record isn't great in the fixing non-functional feats department. I'm looking at you Combat Archery.

The 2 build points (for a 38 point build) aren't enough of a carrot when I can already create a character with 18/18/12 stats.

If this goes live as described, I won't do another TR again. Even after completing 30 TRs, I've got plenty of lives left that I could do but won't.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    Thank you for sharing your vision and soliciting feedback.

Overall I like the system, it's a big improvement over the current system. I think more should be done for people that maxed out many destinies although that doesn't impact me. People hate losing progress and that is the only flaw i see with your plan.

Reducing the XP grind will be a good thing. I always thought reducing the xp requirement and removing bravery bonus made sense to encourage grouping. The other officiel topic thread has alot of comments about the guild system. i hope something will be done prior to U20 with regards to decay.

Thanks again.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Grinding Rusted Blades for ED XP won't be an option when the level cap is 28. I wouldn't hold my breath for a Rusted Blades equivalent quest being released in Shadowfell or beyond.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiewa View Post
    Clearly you have not read this thread and obviously do not understand what supressive means.

It's amazing that Turbine is basically saying "the most obvious thing every player with EDs still to max out should do is STOP PLAYING UNTIL U20.....because if you wish to epic TR, you will have wasted a year playing that toon".

It will be a year, don't kid yourself. It will take 6 months to fix the enhancements once they go live.
    +1

This is exactly how I feel.

Now, the gamer in me says, "ok...let me just finish all of my important past lives on my two toons I care about now, before this goes live". But you know what? No. Not going to play in to the dev's game here.

It's clear to me that DDO has taken the delicate balance of creating fun versus creating escalating time requirements to suck people in and slammed the scales over to the latter.

At this point the players are being set up. They let us know that the level cap is going up to level 28. What does that mean for us as players that are planning our next move logically? It means that the only smart thing to do is to grind out all your ED xp while the grinding is good. They haven't announced any level 25+ content so grinding ED's at level 28 would be...problematic. So anyone that's thinking things through immediately goes and grinds those ED's.

A month later? They announce that any actions taken to better your character will wipe 10/11th's of your Epic Destiny xp you've earned on a capped character. Oh goody! So I get penalized for thinking through what the changes you announced a month ago mean. Thanks!

So now the logical thing to do would be to TR as much as possible between now and October or whenever U10 hits. But who's to say that Turbine doesn't pull another bait and switch. They're planning to wipe ED xp? Why not plan to wipe heroic past lives when you epic TR? Makes as much sense! Great plan! Completionists all go back to square 1 but if they bond every past life they can start at level 11 or 12!!! See, that'll make grinding all those past lives you lose much easier. And there's something you can buy in the store for 6995tp's that'll let you bind 1 heroic past life each time you epic TR!

I slept on it. I took the time to think about it. I went from in shock last night to disgusted today. What Turbine has proven here is that they're going down the dark alley of psychological manipulation in the game. They're purposely changing the rules with the main goals being to create more grind that people want to do while simultaneously creating income by providing ways to reduce the grind. This announcement has taken me from someone that typically defended Turbine to one of the tinfoil hat wearers.

So my new plan. I will NOT quit playing. That would reward Turbine. I will become a F2P leach. I will spend nothing with Turbine. I will play as often as I feel like playing but purposely not improve my characters. I will lead no raids, I will organize no groups. I will simply play what I feel like playing, mostly when my kids are playing, and I'll run whatever difficulty I feel like running. Because I'm purposely not caring about progression. Turbine has made it clear that any progression you do on a character is subject to removal. Then to heck with progressing! I'll enjoy their game a lot more now that I'll be playing it on my terms, the 100's of dollars I've spent with them in the last year will go to $0 in the next year, and I'll probably log on a lot less now that the only reason I'll play is to play - not to spend hours in Rusted Blades, running flagging quests I don't like to run a raid I don't like to grind for one item - no, I'm done with Turbine's grind. This game is easy enough that none of that is necessary.

So I'm officially quitting...I'm quitting Turbine's game. I'm quitting as a paying customer. I'll see you all in-game while I'm playing my game. I'll be the relaxed gimp in decent gear having fun on Turbine's dime.
    +1

Community Member

after thinking about this for awhile, ive come to the conclusion for me this could be really good.
    for my levl 25 bard with max destinies, she was never gonna be tr'd anyway so unless there is
    a huge boost to power from epic tr'ing she will not bother.

my other character i play a lot is my wizzy who is half way through her 3rd life, now for her ive
    only gained a couple of fate points so maxing a destiny and discarding the rest im fine with.

the way im looking at this is wait and see what carrots will be dangled for epic tr'ing then and
    only then can a judgement be made on wether it would be good for you and your toon or not.

in general tho lets be honest something had to be done to tr'ing and if this implemented well
    then this could be really good.

just my thoughts
    your friend sil

Community Member

Default Get over yourselves...

1. I hate the original post and I agree that it does need some tweaking before it goes live.

2. I nearly have all of my ED's maxed on my main toon. I will continue to gain ED XP simply because I enjoy playing that toon. If the new system takes away that XP...I promise people, life will go on. Stop complaining...just stop....its silly.

3. If you dont agree with the way the new system is ultimately implemented, you have 3 choices:

a. Deal with it, and continue to play because you enjoy the game and friends you have in game.
    b. Don't TR...if you like where your toon is...by all means leave it there...it is really that simple.
    c. Stop playing, no one is forcing you to play...if you are unhappy...stop...again it is that simple.

Think of it this way...read any (and I mean any)of the potential game changing threads and you will see messages similar to what you read here....epic fail, stupid, etc...hello??? You are still here which means that time and time again you have picked option "A" above.

Turbine will ultimately do hat they think is best (even if some of us don't agree) so get over it and stop moaning about a "potential" change that is not completely laid out yet.

Now all of the above stated, I have a 36 point build with nearly all ED's close to or maxed out....I will continue grinding, I will TR to have a 38 point build, I will continue the grind on whatever level I need to. If you don't like what ultimately happens when it actually does happen, move along....it is exactly that simple!!!

Community Member

Default Significant Clarification Needed:

Heroic True Reincarnation

Heroic TR remains primarily unchanged at level 20 or above //this makes us think there are no changes..
    blah, blah
    Benefits from the Epic Advantage if you earn Epic Destinies before TR (below) //this makes us concerned...

Epic Advantage

With any type of True Reincarnation, all Epic Destiny Levels earned will give you an advantage when you rebuild your character, by converting Destiny Levels into Heroic Ranks. Every level of Epic Destiny you have earned will count toward ranks earned for your next life. (Epic Destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ED TR.)

// So this is our problem... "by converting Destiny Levels into Heroic Ranks." means you are changing from one form to another, effectively erasing all destiny levels. We need 100% clarification if all destiny levels will get wiped on a Heroic TR. We need to know if our fate points total will be reduced to 0. We need to know if our map progress and access to each of the destinies are also erased. We need this clarification ASAP!! Or we will NOT buy tomes of fate, keys of destinies or TR our toons with maxed destinies leading up to your wonderful changes to TRing unless we are certain to cap before the update comes.

Thanks for your prompt answers to these questions, destiny wipe? fate point total? and map access to each destiny?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    At the moment, the XP to cap at 28 would be:
    Code:
    Level	 Total XP	 XP/Level	Increase
    21	  300,000	  300,000	
    22	  750,000	  450,000	150,000
    23	1,350,000	  600,000	150,000
    24	2,100,000	  750,000	150,000
    25	3,000,000	  900,000	150,000
    26	4,050,000	1,050,000	150,000
    27	5,250,000	1,200,000	150,000
    28	6,600,000	1,350,000	150,000
    I'm guessing that their smoothing of the Epic XP curve would be more like:
    Code:
    Level	 Total XP	 XP/Level	Increase
    21	  300,000	  300,000	
    22	  675,000	  375,000	75,000
    23	1,125,000	  450,000	75,000
    24	1,650,000	  525,000	75,000
    25	2,250,000	  600,000	75,000
    26	2,925,000	  675,000	75,000
    27	3,675,000	  750,000	75,000
    28	4,500,000	  825,000	75,000
    Who knows, might even be less. But if they keep ED XP as it is, this still means you will automatically cap a new destiny at 1,980,000 somewhere in Level 24.

Now you can't compare Heroic XP quests to Epic XP quests in terms of the xp/min, so I don't see this as being difficult to achieve. Easily doable in a week.

Likewise, I see no need at all to change the Heroic XP requirements. When people are buying XP stones and doing a whole life in a weekend, and those of us who prefer not to cheat and bypass can do it in 34 hrs of quest time, there is no problem to solve here. Sure, it takes a casual player longer, but that's just the way it is. Rather than touching Heroic XP and the 1st, 2nd, 3rd+ life XP requirements, address the issue of crappy Heroic Quest XP instead so that people have a greater variety of quests to gain XP from in the first place. If there is a problem with the time it's taking people to get to 20, deal with the cause, not the effect.

Also, on the Epic TR dropping you to level 1+ranks (so level 12 with all ED's capped), wouldn't you be Epic TRing into an Iconic at level 15+ranks (so level 20 with all ED's capped)?
    My big concern is when the level cap goes up to 40, any incremental increase makes things awful eventually.

I would prefer to see what was in the First Edition D&D rules, that after a certain point all levels require the
    same amount of xp to earn. That way Epic Quest xp can be about the same amounts for each one.

No I don't like epic advantage at all.
    Who cares about little bonuses to one life.
    I would hard for that Epic Destiny xp, and I am proud to have capped it out.

The whole proposal does not even account for the expected increase to level 30 next year.

Yes amaranth xp is awful, yes challenge xp is awful, but doing a legend life requires
    carefully planning out xp and that is not good. It scares people and intimidates them.
    Yes we should address those quests with poor xp, but we should also be some sort
    of restrant on xp spirals.

It makes no sense at all, that level 18 to 19 and 19 to 20 each costs around a half million xp when level
    20 to 21 only costs 300 k xp.

The spiral on epic xp and epic destiny xp is horrible when you consider that epic destinies are
    going to be increased as well the level cap.

I'm done with Turbine's grind. This game is easy enough that none of that is necessary.
    The need to TR has always been more widely regarded that the advantages it gives. The advantages are small, so small that a triple-completionist only has a tiny edge overa 32-point mook with maxxed EDs.

My maxxed ED characters HAVE NO NEED TO TR. I TR think because it's something to do and I like playing the lower level stuff (that feels more like D&D) than what the pathetic end-game has become.

A small negligible power increase - on toons that already make EE content look easy - just isn't needed.

So I and many others will simply never TR again. That'll cost Turbine more money and any P2Win profit they get off of the suckers who continue to play this rat-race.

Community Member

And yeah, for those of you that aren't willing to quit the grind like I am, Carpone's point about there being no equivalent to Rusted Blades is VERY important to keep in mind. I've seen mentions of anything from 33-43 hours of grind in here in Rusted Blades to earn back that xp. Those seem about right...only they're completely wrong for the new game. We simply don't know what it will take in the new game but my guess...much more than 33-43 hours. There won't be a Rusted Blades to grind anymore nor is there likely to be an equivalent quest. Based on their goals they messed up the time/reward on that one and probably fired the dev that gave a quest to make the ED grind somewhat bearable.

I'll also toss this log on the bonfire - I heard from someone in game that there was also a plan in the works to implement a repeat penalty for doing a quest more than 2 times in a day. That penalty would stack with repeat penalties on a character and would be far more punitive. I have no corroboration on that and no personal knowledge to back it up...just throwing it out there to see if anyone else had heard about anything stupid like that as well.

On the plus side, that'd fit in well with my new Zen approach to DDO. I'm not going to want to do a quest more than once anyways since I don't care about progressing. :P

[QUOTE=Darkrok;5021318]
    I'll also toss this log on the bonfire - I heard from someone in game that there was also a plan in the works to implement a repeat penalty for doing a quest more than 2 times in a day. That penalty would stack with repeat penalties on a character and would be far more punitive. I have no corroboration on that and no personal knowledge to back it up...just throwing it out there to see if anyone else had heard about anything stupid like that as well. /[QUOTE]

Come on man, there's enough legit d000m here that we don't need FUD.

Page 20 of 89 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast