Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    TR cache. Let's face it, over each character's life, we accumulate items and what not that are useful to us (and for many of us, we also take the time to accumulate loot that will benefit our next planned life [or lives]). Problem is, we simply don't have enough inventory/bank space to store all the junk we accumulate (and while it is true that you can probably destroy a good amount of it, eventually, it's going to get to a point where all "junk" you have in your TR cache is valuable, hard-to-obtain loot that you don't want to throw away).

My suggestion: Either make it so you don't have to clear out your TR cache before you TR, OR offer us Supreme Enchanted Bags of Holding (SEBoH) that work like Colossal bags that are capable of holding THOUSANDS of unique items (complete with a search function as with the other bags, and also adding an advanced search/organization feature to quickly and more easily find desired items). Should you go along with the route of adding supreme enchanted bags, there are two critical functions that need to be added to make this work.

a) GM-Flagging: Basically, whenever you put in (or remove) an item from this bag, it leaves a flag or tracer for a GM/Turbine Account staff. The purpose of this is to prevent situations wherein if the player, for whatever reason, winds up LOSING their Supreme Enchanted Bags of Holding (usually by glitch) via TR'ing or whatever (and by extension, EVERYTHING they put into the now lost bag), it would enable a GM/Turbine Account staff to quickly find and retreive those items. This feature would also work in such a way that items stored within other bags that THEN wind up into the SEBoH would also be recorded so no one has to worry about losing collectables (such as Flawless Red Dragon scales), or Ingredients (such as that once-in-a-millenium-super-ultra-hyper-rare Shard of the Ring of Spell Storing) in the event that the bag gets lost.

b) Multi-selector: Another annoying feature of TR caches is that you must Meticulously, and painstakingly empty your cache ONE. ITEM. AT. A. TIME. These SEBoH's should offer the ability to select multiple items (or even the ability to take ALL of them out at once, if one should so desire), and with a single click, receive those items.
    Generally it would take Fawngate almost a whole day to deal with emptying her TR cache.
    I agree if you plan on creating all this new TRing, you seriously need to address our issues on inventory.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Piloto View Post
    Thanks for all the responses so far everyone. The team will try to address the details as best we can this early in development. Here are a few more clarifications as we’re reviewing your comments:

• To engage with Epic Destiny TR, you don’t have to have all destinies maxed out. Character level 28 + one maxed destiny is when you can bond your first destiny.
    Thats all fine but it promotes chain TRing where you only just get to lvl 28 and then TR again. It adds nearly nothing to those that change class and stay for a longer while at level 28 before doing their next TR and hence make building a community much harder. The socalled Epic Advantage is simply too tiny to even matter for someone with many or all of the 11 ED maxed.

What you should do is this:
    - Wipe ED xp if you really have to and it seems you probably do.
    - Keep any unlocked destinies unlocked after any kind of TR. (this is hugely important)
    - Keep all points of faith when doing any sort of TR, Obviously only allow gained addition points once the previous number of ED ranks is exceeded to avoid complete power creep. (this is similarly hugely important)
    - Add one point of faith per Epic TR (once per destiny for a max of 11) and add a 4th slot for twists when 11 destinies are bounded. No need to add passive feats or anything as this alone should be plenty to entice players - in particular the 4th slot. If Epic TR is about wiping ED xp then it should also add to ED abilities and twists are the reasonable way to do this.
    - Have the Epic Advantage be optional and have it add 3 ranks of Heroic xp per rank of ED XP rather than a puny 1 rank. Epic TR should not be about redoing Heroic levels so add the option to make enough epic XP to thus bypass the heroic levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    Problem #1: Your "Epic Advantage" is only really "Epic" if you TR into an Iconic (seeing as you start at level 15, and could potentially be boosted to level 20). In practice, this does more harm than good (even for Iconics) because it currently takes a considerable amount of time to level or farm a destiny without experience potions, and with your current proposition, it seems flat out wasteful to TR.

Proposed Solution #1: Epic Advantage should MEAN Epic Advantage; when you Epic TR, you should receive: either SP or HP (depending on the destiny you "bonded" with), a MEANINGFUL boost granted by the epic destiny (for example, those who TR'ed bonding with Legendary Dreadnaught should receive a stacking +20 boost to the DC's of their tactical abilities [+20 may seem like a lot, but really it's not when you consider the inflated saves of enemy mobs, especially Epic Elites]), AND... a flag.

Yes, a flag - When you ED TR a certain number of times, you get additional benefits. Below is a rough outline of what I have in mind:

2-3 destinies bonded: a stacking +20 boost to your universal spell power, +2% to hit and damage with all weapons, and +1 to all saves.

4 destinies bonded - Your knowledge of the Universe has expanded greatly, and you have become proficient with manipulating your fate - As such, you are now able to have two epic destinies active at any given time (though only one of them can be bonded).

5-6 destinies bonded: the boosts provided in #1 increases to +50 stacking boost to your universal spell power, +5% to hit and damage with all weapons, and +3 to all saves. The DC's of ALL your spells (if applicable) are increased by +5.

7 Destinies bonded: You receive 4 additional action points for each of the destinies you've bonded with so far. This would allow a player to unlock more abilities (or ability scores), thus granting greater benefits.

8 Destinies bonded: You permanently receive 2 additional epic feat slots (one at level 22, and another at level 25).

9 Destinies bonded: *like the 7 destinies bonded tier, but for nine destinies.*

10 Destinies bonded: Sage of the Ages: Your knowledge of the Universe continues to grow - you can now have 3 destinies active at any given time.

11 Destinies bonded/Completionist: A Deity Amongst Mortals - Your understanding of the Universe has expanded to such a degree that you've nearly become a god. Passive feat - You gain +8 stacking boost to all ability scores and skills. Your Spellpower (if applicable) is increased by 200, your spell DC's are increased by 20, and your to-hit and weapon damage is increased by 20. Furthermore, all active destinies have their effects doubled (example - The ability score boosts in Sentinel would now grant +2 per tier instead of +1, Adrenaline Overload grants an 800% damage boost instead of 400%). This feat becomes inactive when more destinies are added.
    I like your thinking.
    A bit over the top, but certainly interesting.
    Problem/Question #1: What happens to the fate points when you TR seeing as you lose all levels from unbonded destinies?

Solution #2a: If we lose fate points - don't let us lose fate points. Please!

Solution #2b: If we don't, make it to where we can eventually twist more than three slots(?)
    Agreed and take the level cap off twists.
    Problem #2: Having players lose Epic Destiny exp from non-bonded destinies just from a Heroic TR is a bad idea. Such a bad idea that I feel it would gravely penalize those who simply want to TR out of a build that becomes invalidated (read, worthless from a nerf to some gameplay feature, bug, or "balance" pass).

Solution #2: Heroic TRing should be left as it is - you don't lose any Epic destiny exp, but you also don't get Epic Destiny past life feats.
    Agreed.
    Problem #3: +2 stat points to make a 38-point build (and only a 38-point build) seems kinda trivial for what is incurred, and is not much incentive to TR (especially if all we have to show for each destiny TR is a meager feat that almost isn't the sacrifice to gain it).

Solution #3: Enable players to get as high as 44-point builds (this would encourage multiple Destiny TR's, imo).
    A good point.

I like the thought of extra build point for the first few Epic TRs.
    44 seems a bit much, perhaps 42?
    Question #2: Will Iconic Past Life feats benefit non-iconic characters when you TR out of them, and will they be benefits that are locked to a specific class/race (I.E. Bladeforged PL's benefitting only warforged and Paladins, and not really benefitting anyone else)?
    Nods in earnest.
    Make past life feats widely useful.
    Problem #4: Non-bonded Epic Destiny levels being placed into heroic levels seems rather... flawed.

Solution #4: Epic Destiny exp should not be poured into heroic leveling... at least, not against our will. At the very least, let us choose when to apply that exp with regards to applying exp (this wouldn't be too bad in the level 18-20 range). However, it would be preferable to keep Epic and Heroic Exp totally seperate (see far above).
    Please just eliminate any thought of epic destiny xp loss when Heroic TRing or Iconic TRing.

What you do with Epic Destiny Xp while Epic TRing is well...
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 06-13-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    I'm just in shock over here.
    I think its safe to say we all are in shock.

Iconic TRing, yes I expected.

A review of heroic TRing I hoped for.

Epic Destiny TRing, oh my oh my...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    I would like to add that if fate points were locked, then the system would work a hell of a lot better. Anything short of that is just going to really **** off a whole lot of otherwise loyal fans of the game.

Edit: Unless we hear something soon, this may be my last post. 1,337 posts would be a nice number to leave on.
    Also lock in access to any destiny we have ever had access to. Just locking fate points wont take away needing to waste time grinding 4 levels here and 3 there just to get to the destiny we actually want to get a twist from.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    - Keep all points of faith when doing any sort of TR,
    Definitely this will decide whether Fawngate ever TRs again.
    Obviously only allow gained addition points once the previous number of ED ranks is exceeded to avoid complete power creep. (this is similarly hugely important)
    No offense to you, but this is completely unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Also lock in access to any destiny we have ever had access to. Just locking fate points wont take away needing to waste time grinding 4 levels here and 3 there just to get to the destiny we actually want to get a twist from.
    +1

Think Artificer needing Shirda to function...

Community Member

Okay, hows this sound.

Heroic TR: No change.

Epic TR: Gain the past life feat for a chosen capped destiny, gain a past life feat for primary heroic class. Restart as a level 1 with all xp removed from the chosen destiny, but other destinies are unaffected.

Though there is one way I could support the dev proposal. If any bonded destiny was always considered active. Bond them all and receive the benefits for having all active at all times. That would be worth trading all the painful off destiny grind for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Okay, hows this sound.

Heroic TR: No change.
    Ok
    Epic TR: Gain the past life feat for a chosen capped destiny, gain a past life feat for primary heroic class. Restart as a level 1 with all xp removed from the chosen destiny, but other destinies are unaffected.
    Would prefer:
    Epic TR: Gain the past life feat for a chosen capped destiny. Restart as a level 20 with all xp removed from the chosen destiny, but other destinies are unaffected.

Hmm...possibly you have something good there.
    Can I keep my current fate points and continue to add 1 per 3 epic destiny levels earned?
    Though there is one way I could support the dev proposal. If any bonded destiny was always considered active. Bond them all and receive the benefits for having all active at all times. That would be worth trading all the painful off destiny grind for.
    That would be too powerful in time.
    No offense but that is what happened during the exploit that will not be named.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    That would be great argument if they were introducing this "TR" system at the same time as the ED system.

Yanking the rug out from under us by completely changing the way it works AFTER we put months of playing (and paying) into leveling up our EDs is just screwing over their customers.

Also, I personally thought the preservation of EDs was a very nice feature. You could work on them a bit here, a bit there, TR, and then work on them some more.

If I am a Fighter20 and TR, I lose all that FIGHTER XP, and get a Fighter past life, but I don't lose anything Wizard-related at all. If they want to have ED TRing, you should lose only the ONE ED you are TRing, not unrelated ones.
    +1 and probably a wise direction to travel.

If we kept our current fate points and gained new one especially.

Bonding locks an epic destiny forever.

By only resetting one epic destiny each epic TR, the potential for abusive fate farming
    is lowered, and players will not feel like they are losing so much.

They will have other destinies to fall back upon.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 06-13-2013 at 01:24 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Definitely this will decide whether Fawngate ever TRs again.

No offense to you, but this is completely unacceptable.
    None taken. I consider your suggestions to be way over the top in terms of unrealistic power creep so I didnt expect you to like my more moderate suggestions either.

I will ask you to notice that I also posted that each Epic TR (once per destiny) should add 1 point of fate.

I suppose we just have to agree to disagree on this.

Community Member

Turbine, by now you should have realised that your idea to wipe off EDs is BAD. Want some reasons?

You implemented Epic and Heroic lvl in a different way. While you select a class in the heroics, you only get an overall "epic" class in the epic lvls, the difference is in the EDs. You splitted the quests into heroics and epics. There are enhancements in heroics, but not in epics (respectively the EDs could work as a form of enhancements). Players could save thier epic progress and return to work out thier character in heroics, just when they felt to, or go back to rework theier epic progress.

Because of this split that you made, i cant see any reason (at least reasonable) that any H(eroic)TR (below cap) should effect any epic progress at all. You seperated them, which was kind of annoying for me at the beginning, but after all i think this was a rather wise decission.

Now keep them seperated. The story of the destenies allows perfectly well to transform into heroic xp boosts (your destenies, written in the stars blablabla) as you suggested. But the progress the players have earned should not be in vain. Esp if they have put a lot of hard work and money ALREADDY into it.
    You stated that the progress in the EDs will STAY during a TR. Thats why people invested time and money into it. Changing the rules now, would be like luring people into investing into a fictionary firm.
    What id like to see from you, before we talk about epic past lifes is the recognisation that this mechanic is a bad idea, and tha you will split ETR and HTR appart, making HTR effecting all lvl, but no EDs, and ETR effecting lvl 20 to cap and EDs
    Further more wiping out ALL the EDs, is a bad idea. The gain is too small for the effort.

Suggestion: In order to TR one ED you have to sacrefice a second one.
    You loose 2 EDs during the ETR and restart at lvl 20

Towards the ITR i just want to add: IPLs must not effect the completionist feat, and i have a question: do you recieve BOTH class and race PLs or just the racial one?
    Thelanis: Errtu-1, Cherubael, Nararian, Seyria, Yarrrkk, Apothecarius, Tarcus-1, Kheradruakh, Evesor, Experimentum

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    Read on for details, then let us know!
    Why bother? At this point I have no faith in Turbine or their ability to listen to what we as the players would like.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 06-13-2013 at 01:29 AM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

Thats all fine but it promotes chain TRing where you only just get to lvl 28 and then TR again. It adds nearly nothing to those that change class and stay for a longer while at level 28 before doing their next TR and hence make building a community much harder. The socalled Epic Advantage is simply too tiny to even matter for someone with many or all of the 11 ED maxed.

What you should do is this:
    - Keep any unlocked destinies unlocked after any kind of TR. (this is hugely important)
    - Keep all points of faith when doing any sort of TR, Obviously only allow gained addition points once the previous number of ED ranks is exceeded to avoid complete power creep. (this is similarly hugely important)
    - Add one point of faith per Epic TR (once per destiny for a max of 11) and add a 4th slot for twists when 11 destinies are bounded. No need to add passive feats or anything as this alone should be plenty to entice players - in particular the 4th slot. If Epic TR is about wiping ED xp then it should also add to ED abilities and twists are the reasonable way to do this.
    - Have the Epic Advantage be optional and have it add 3 ranks of Heroic xp per rank of ED XP rather than a puny 1 rank. Epic TR should not be about redoing Heroic levels so add the option to make enough epic XP to thus bypass the heroic levels.
    Thank you for making a realistic proposal.
    * Wipe ED XP because that's what epic TR is about
    * Keep unlocked destinies unlocked! YES
    * Keep faith points + don't gain more until x. YES, this would be nice to have
    * Add 1 faith point per ED TR. YES
    * Add 4th twist - I'd prefer this one sooner, perhaps on the first ED TR actually. You can add 5th twist at ED completionist, but I don't care cause I'll never get it
    * Epic Advantage: Give one Stone of Experience (+1 heroic level) (BtA) for each capped destiny.

Community Member

There isn't a good reason to wipe ED XP at all. The Devs can do everything they want without touching ED XP on any player, whether all the EDs are capped, some of the EDs are capped or no EDs are capped.

I'll repeat what I've said before... The only thing that needs to be wiped is the Epic level XP. When a toon does TRs, they should be able to choose a single ED to bond with to gain the new perks that are added to the game. The player will still need to level back up to 28 before they can bond with a new ED. All players will be roughly in the same boat to gain all the new Epic TR perks. The only difference is that players who have capped more than one ED will have more choices on which ED to start bonding with when this new system starts. So there's no reason to wipe ED XP.

As far as the argument about access to more than one ED when you TR is too overpowered, then that should have been fixed a year ago. Since it was fixed a year ago, I'm going to assume there was no problems until now in the Devs' minds that they were too powerful.

To go a step further, if the Devs think that access to multiple EDs and the new TR perks will be too powerful to benefit this early into the process, then everything they are proposing is too overpowered because we'll eventually get to the place where someone has unlocked every ED, but they will also have every TR perk that will be added to the game.

So Turbine is being a false narrative by saying that they need to erase all ED XP on the front end, because the back end of what they are proposing is even more powerful. By erasing the ED XP, they will be causing some major ill will with the player base who have grinded or are still grinding out EDs currently. If they keep the ED XP, the players who have been working in the EDs (for any amount of time, at any length of progress) will have a slight advantage to players who haven't started in the EDs at all...

Unless the Devs can't move away from the Epic Advantage idea. This might be the crux of the problem with keeping the ED XP. Again, it's the creation of the Devs not the players if this is the problem. But as others have pointed out, skipping the first 11 levels doesn't really speed up the grind. Those are usually the fastest levels to go through. Not to mention that it's levels 12 to 20 that needs more quests and XP, so the halt in the TR grind will probably stay the same, even with adjusted XP levels. Also, others have pointed out that players would need to have the same amount of EDs ground out to TR together. So this would have an equal amount (or perhaps surpass) of negative impact to grouping that the Bravery Bonus had.

You know, I really want to like the Epic TR idea, but the ED XP wipe in any form is a killer. The Epic Advantage is a good idea in theory, but if you think about it for more than a glancing minute, it becomes obvious that it will be both bad for the game and doesn't really fix the currently truly bad grind area at all. The more and more I think about what's being proposed, the less and less I like. If implemented, I'm seeing little reason to log into the game on players that are nearly fleshed out. So that means that I'd have to have a perfectly made character by the time Update 20 comes out (which will never happen since Turbine keeps move the ball on what builds work and what builds don't) or I have to start from scratch... And I'm too old and tired to start from scratch.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Also, others have pointed out that players would need to have the same amount of EDs ground out to TR together.
    Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. A very good point, it will make TRing even more annoying when my TR buddies will not start in the same place.
    It's definitely an N-word.

None taken. I consider your suggestions to be way over the top in terms of unrealistic power creep so I didnt expect you to like my more moderate suggestions either.

I will ask you to notice that I also posted that each Epic TR (once per destiny) should add 1 point of fate.

I suppose we just have to agree to disagree on this.
    Actually if only the active Epic Destiny xp was reset, not all of them then I would consider your points more.

{how about only the active ED wiped}

{agreed}

{Ok, as long as the past life auto grant feat is awesome. I don't want to start a grind fest for everyone.}

{Well, I still want my auto grant past life feat.}

{If I Epic TR, I don't want start at level one, I want to start at level 20. If one wanted to heroic TR right after
    that should be one's choice in the matter. As far as getting Epic Xp, I'll totally pass on that, give me a nice
    past life instead.}
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 06-13-2013 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. A very good point, it will make TRing even more annoying when my TR buddies will not start in the same place.
    Yeah, Epic Advantage should be tossed out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Piloto View Post
    • True Reincarnation has always been about giving up your current life in exchange for increased power in your next life. We are early enough in the design work that we want to also hear ideas from players on what types of destiny feats they’d like to see in their next life in exchange for reincarnating their destinies.
    Thanks for the feedback. While I agree that TRing is about a trade-off this and I even understand why you would do this on a epic TR, this will kill heroic TR. This is in the same ball park as people stopped TRing after eating +3 or +4 Tomes to not loose them. It is like saying "Ok, you unlocked Vet-Status, but if you TR the first time you will start at 28pt +2 = 30pt, because you didn't bond your Veteran status yet".

I know epic destinies can be acquired relative quick, even thou I very much disagree that the average player will be able to do this on a weekend. Especially since Rusted Blades and others wheres changed. Some players may even not want to epic TR but may be more or less forced into due to the enhancement pass. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good ideas, but loosing all Destinies and including this also possible Fate points, unlocked Destinies on a heroic TR isn't a very welcoming idea!
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Thank you for making a realistic proposal.
    * Wipe ED XP because that's what epic TR is about
    * Keep unlocked destinies unlocked! YES
    * Keep faith points + don't gain more until x. YES, this would be nice to have
    * Add 1 faith point per ED TR. YES
    * Add 4th twist - I'd prefer this one sooner, perhaps on the first ED TR actually. You can add 5th twist at ED completionist, but I don't care cause I'll never get it
    * Epic Advantage: Give one Stone of Experience (+1 heroic level) (BtA) for each capped destiny.
    Now we getting close.

Wipe only active epic destiny, not all.

Drop me back to level 20, not 1.

Give me decent auto grant past life.

Deal.

Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast