Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Piloto View Post
    Thanks for all the responses so far everyone. The team will try to address the details as best we can this early in development. Here are a few more clarifications as we’re reviewing your comments:

• True Reincarnation has always been about giving up your current life in exchange for increased power in your next life. We are early enough in the design work that we want to also hear ideas from players on what types of destiny feats they’d like to see in their next life in exchange for reincarnating their destinies.
    And what do you at turbine view all maxed EDS with unlocked fate points, people that used pots(xp or slayer), people that used key's of destiny, etc is worth? Starting at level 11? with X past lives (already earned) and 1 ED feats?

In addition to punishing everyone that has already farmed out their EDs, you are now punishing people with multiple toons. I had 22 toons, 26 now with your (sarcasm) wonderful (/sarcasm) pre-order, and realistically do you think I can farm out EDs on all of them? Though to be honest I never intended to on ALL 22. Do really think people will be able to play multiple toons? No, well maybe 2 or 3. So then you're going to make people start to pick a few of their alts, for some this is already the case.. making classes that are less fun to play even more uncommon as it will too hard to get multiple toons capped and farmed out.
    * * * Koneka * * *
    --- Lunarko ------------------ Koneka ------------------ Lunako ---

Community Member

Default well

can you add the ability to "bank" any amount of xp ?

right now you can bank at max 2 levels of xp...

if i get more than 15 free rank, i would like to be able to bank them, play game from level 1 and cash the xp when i reach abot level 15

also: i feel tr2 xp at level 15 becomes too much, so the 15-20 should be lowered in xp for tr2

------------
    edit: i would like to be able to start at level 1 and still cash in the extra xp...

some ideas could be to give the bonus ranks all over the 20 levels... for example if you have 15 bonus ranks: from level 1 to 15 you only have to earn 4 ranks to level up...

if you got 55 bonus ranks instead of starting at level 11 you start at level 1 but need to earn only 3 ranks to level up from 1 to 18, while you need only 4 ranks to level up to 19 and 20
    Last edited by nayozz; 06-12-2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: added an idea about bonus ranks

Well, given that the ED past lifes are going to have to be pretty special to give up all the unbonded EDs and they're wanting suggestions ...

Past Life: Legendary Dreadnought:You were a legendary dreadnought in an epic past life. You occasionally dream of blitzing through a full dungeon leaving a bloody trail. Every time you come top of the kill count list, a pizza is delievered to your player's destination by a dancing unicorn.

My thoughts on how to make this less of a let's just shut down the game at this point moment for DDO...

1) Losing destiny XP on a non-epic TR is a do not pass go idea. Get rid of this idea not hard earned destiny XP gained under an existing system where people rightly assumed their gains were not transitory.

2) Epic advantage...yeah skipping low levels is a bad idea. It will always be a bad idea for design to include this. What is more, the cost/benefit ratio for this is a joke...high costing epic levels for cheap and easy low levels...just bad. So instead change this to be a percentage increase to ALL XP (epic and not) for that life which stacks with all existing bonuses. Have bonded levels give you a 1% per level (as you sacrifice less that life from those bonded levels) and non-bonded destiny levels give a 3% bonus per level...yeah there will be some really fast TRS from those who are getting shafted more or less and losing fully capped destinies except one...big deal. It might stop the servers from shutting down after this hits live. This also gives the logical benefit to those who have clearly been there and done that ALOT. IE, TRs always should have had an inherent bonus per 'past life' to xp and this is a method of having epic TRs include this from the outset.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zillee View Post
    Well, given that the ED past lifes are going to have to be pretty special to give up all the unbonded EDs and they're wanting suggestions ...
    Agreed.

"(Epic Destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ED TR.)"

Holy Cr4p man, are you for real?

And... twist points... I want to know if I at least keep those. And how I get across the circle if I'm wanting an ED that is not related to my heroic class - do I have to grind it out to get across the circle?
    ~ Khyber - Crimson Eagles ~
    ~ Mellinator ~ Mellant ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~

Community Member

TLDR: 1) Preserve the work that vets have already put into maxing destinies. It shouldnt matter if they earn it later or earned it before. 2) Epic Advantage stands to make L1-11 content obsolete. 3) Iconics + Epic Advantage = start at L27

f you're just coming up in the new system, it seems what the "intent" is for Epic TR is pretty similar to what you do for Heroic TR....level up to 28, max one destiny, lock it in when you TR. Level back up to 28, max out another destiny, lock it in when you TR. So no Epic XP is ever "wasted".

The only real problem with that system would seem to be on rollout, when people with multiple maxed destinies have to choose only one to lock in. The extra Heroic ranks arent nearly enough to make up for it....its enough to catapult you to, what, L12 (one time) if you completely maxed out all 11 destinies? L12 is like 5-6 hours of playtime for most seasoned vets.

There's better ways to implement it. Someone else already mentioned, I saw, the idea that your selected destiny gets wiped on TR and you get the Epic PL for that destiny, and everything else stays where you left it.

Another idea that might address the rollout issue is have it so that every maxed destiny gets "locked in" when you Epic TR, but you only choose one for the Epic PL. That preserves the exact same amount of work per Epic PL to max everything for both new players and vets...

-New player: levels up to 28, maxes one destiny, Epic TR. Repeats 11 times. 11 lives leveled 1-28, 11 destinies maxed.
    -Vet player: already leveled up at least once to 28, and maxed all destinies. Epic TR. Levels back up to 28, Epic TR. Repeat second step 10 times. 11 lives leveled 1-28, 11 destinies maxed (just all at once, before the first Epic TR).

---------

Also, completely differnet subject: If you've already run through Epic XP 11 times, are you locked out of the system? It said you "must have a maxed, UNBONDED Destiny" to be able to Epic TR. Once you've bonded them all, are you stuck? Or do you just Heroic TR and still get your Epic Advantage in the next life? So every Heroic TR from then on starts at L12?

Triple Completionist just got a whole lot easier if you complete your Epic TRs first...and any content under L12 just got made a lot more obsolete. I thought the point of the TR system was to keep lower level content relevant..?

---------

Third problem: Twelfth-life Iconics start at 15 and get enough Epic Advantage ranks for 11 levels = start at L27? Those Iconic PLs are going to be very trivial to get....
    Last edited by droid327; 06-12-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Who are you to tell anyone anything about how they should play a game?
    I would guess one of the people that the whole system is being turned on it's head to keep up with.

Basically, instead of fixing the game so window zerging isn't viable, they are changing it to account for it and to hell with all those who did things the hard way.

2016 DDO Players Council Ziindarax's Avatar

Default While we're at it...

I'd like to add to the post I made on the previous page (which ironically got ignored due to it's length):

Introduce "Sphere Mastery": With "Sphere Mastery", in addition to all the goodies I mentioned in #1, you'd get a stacking bonus relevant to the destiny belonging to a respective sphere. For example, In the Primal Sphere, bonding all three destinies in that sphere would grant you +10 dodge, 15 PRR, and 6% doublestrike/extra-shot chance.

Also, let's do Epic Destiny PL feats with a twist - Containing both an active component, as well as an inactive component. The inactive component (the passive component) of a feat would grant you a benefit relevant to the playstyle that a specific destiny represents (I.E. Shiradi would gives benefits that benefitted both ranged and caster builds, Sentinel would give you better AC and PRR, and Dreadnaught would amplify your weapon damage and tactical DC's by a fair amount. The active component would stack with the passive component of the feat, but would only grant that benefit while the same destiny is active.

For example, if you had a past life as a Legendary Dreadnaught, and chose to remain in Dreadnaught, you would actively gain an additional +2W to your weapon damage. Additionally, a lesser version of this benefit could be granted if you're using a destiny adjacent to the past life destiny. For example, Grandmaster, Shadowdancer, and Shiradi Champion would all gain +1W damage to all weapons as long as they are in those destinies. Destinies further away would only get +.5W to all weapon damage.

The reason I say, "destinies further away..." is because Exalted Angel only links to Unyielding Sentinel, and Angel does grant some melee options (as well as casting options). Thus, it makes sense if all Destiny past lives had not only a passive component, but also an active component that somehow interacted with the other destinies?

Would anyone care to share their thoughts on this (and the post quoted below, please excuse the wall of text.)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    Since we're talking about changing the way TRing works, I'd like to start with one of my MAJOR pet peeves with the TR system:

TR cache. Let's face it, over each character's life, we accumulate items and what not that are useful to us (and for many of us, we also take the time to accumulate loot that will benefit our next planned life [or lives]). Problem is, we simply don't have enough inventory/bank space to store all the junk we accumulate (and while it is true that you can probably destroy a good amount of it, eventually, it's going to get to a point where all "junk" you have in your TR cache is valuable, hard-to-obtain loot that you don't want to throw away).

My suggestion: Either make it so you don't have to clear out your TR cache before you TR, OR offer us Supreme Enchanted Bags of Holding (SEBoH) that work like Colossal bags that are capable of holding THOUSANDS of unique items (complete with a search function as with the other bags, and also adding an advanced search/organization feature to quickly and more easily find desired items). Should you go along with the route of adding supreme enchanted bags, there are two critical functions that need to be added to make this work.

a) GM-Flagging: Basically, whenever you put in (or remove) an item from this bag, it leaves a flag or tracer for a GM/Turbine Account staff. The purpose of this is to prevent situations wherein if the player, for whatever reason, winds up LOSING their Supreme Enchanted Bags of Holding (usually by glitch) via TR'ing or whatever (and by extension, EVERYTHING they put into the now lost bag), it would enable a GM/Turbine Account staff to quickly find and retreive those items. This feature would also work in such a way that items stored within other bags that THEN wind up into the SEBoH would also be recorded so no one has to worry about losing collectables (such as Flawless Red Dragon scales), or Ingredients (such as that once-in-a-millenium-super-ultra-hyper-rare Shard of the Ring of Spell Storing) in the event that the bag gets lost.

b) Multi-selector: Another annoying feature of TR caches is that you must Meticulously, and painstakingly empty your cache ONE. ITEM. AT. A. TIME. These SEBoH's should offer the ability to select multiple items (or even the ability to take ALL of them out at once, if one should so desire), and with a single click, receive those items.

As for the rest, here are my 10 cents (with questions mixed in):

Problem #1: Your "Epic Advantage" is only really "Epic" if you TR into an Iconic (seeing as you start at level 15, and could potentially be boosted to level 20). In practice, this does more harm than good (even for Iconics) because it currently takes a considerable amount of time to level or farm a destiny without experience potions, and with your current proposition, it seems flat out wasteful to TR.

Proposed Solution #1: Epic Advantage should MEAN Epic Advantage; when you Epic TR, you should receive: either SP or HP (depending on the destiny you "bonded" with), a MEANINGFUL boost granted by the epic destiny (for example, those who TR'ed bonding with Legendary Dreadnaught should receive a stacking +20 boost to the DC's of their tactical abilities [+20 may seem like a lot, but really it's not when you consider the inflated saves of enemy mobs, especially Epic Elites]), AND... a flag.

Yes, a flag - When you ED TR a certain number of times, you get additional benefits. Below is a rough outline of what I have in mind:

2-3 destinies bonded: a stacking +20 boost to your universal spell power, +2% to hit and damage with all weapons, and +1 to all saves.

4 destinies bonded - Your knowledge of the Universe has expanded greatly, and you have become proficient with manipulating your fate - As such, you are now able to have two epic destinies active at any given time (though only one of them can be bonded).

5-6 destinies bonded: the boosts provided in #1 increases to +50 stacking boost to your universal spell power, +5% to hit and damage with all weapons, and +3 to all saves. The DC's of ALL your spells (if applicable) are increased by +5.

7 Destinies bonded: You receive 4 additional action points for each of the destinies you've bonded with so far. This would allow a player to unlock more abilities (or ability scores), thus granting greater benefits.

8 Destinies bonded: You permanently receive 2 additional epic feat slots (one at level 22, and another at level 25).

9 Destinies bonded: *like the 7 destinies bonded tier, but for nine destinies.*

10 Destinies bonded: Sage of the Ages: Your knowledge of the Universe continues to grow - you can now have 3 destinies active at any given time.

11 Destinies bonded/Completionist: A Deity Amongst Mortals - Your understanding of the Universe has expanded to such a degree that you've nearly become a god. Passive feat - You gain +8 stacking boost to all ability scores and skills. Your Spellpower (if applicable) is increased by 200, your spell DC's are increased by 20, and your to-hit and weapon damage is increased by 20. Furthermore, all active destinies have their effects doubled (example - The ability score boosts in Sentinel would now grant +2 per tier instead of +1, Adrenaline Overload grants an 800% damage boost instead of 400%). This feat becomes inactive when more destinies are added.

Problem/Question #1: What happens to the fate points when you TR seeing as you lose all levels from unbonded destinies?

Solution #2a: If we lose fate points - don't let us lose fate points. Please!

Solution #2b: If we don't, make it to where we can eventually twist more than three slots(?)

Problem #2: Having players lose Epic Destiny exp from non-bonded destinies just from a Heroic TR is a bad idea. Such a bad idea that I feel it would gravely penalize those who simply want to TR out of a build that becomes invalidated (read, worthless from a nerf to some gameplay feature, bug, or "balance" pass).

Solution #2: Heroic TRing should be left as it is - you don't lose any Epic destiny exp, but you also don't get Epic Destiny past life feats.

Problem #3: +2 stat points to make a 38-point build (and only a 38-point build) seems kinda trivial for what is incurred, and is not much incentive to TR (especially if all we have to show for each destiny TR is a meager feat that almost isn't the sacrifice to gain it).

Solution #3: Enable players to get as high as 44-point builds (this would encourage multiple Destiny TR's, imo).

Question #2: Will Iconic Past Life feats benefit non-iconic characters when you TR out of them, and will they be benefits that are locked to a specific class/race (I.E. Bladeforged PL's benefitting only warforged and Paladins, and not really benefitting anyone else)?

Problem #4: Non-bonded Epic Destiny levels being placed into heroic levels seems rather... flawed.

Solution #4: Epic Destiny exp should not be poured into heroic leveling... at least, not against our will. At the very least, let us choose when to apply that exp with regards to applying exp (this wouldn't be too bad in the level 18-20 range). However, it would be preferable to keep Epic and Heroic Exp totally seperate (see far above).
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Can we have some practical examples please?

So for example I currently have a character that has 3 ranger past lives, a wiz PL, a sorc PL, and I was going to make an artificer but I've deicided I'll be an moncher for a while. So while I was on my last sorc life I grinded out all the arcane EDs but I started in Shiradi as that was where my last ranger past life left me. So now I'm on a monk mix I'm slowly leveling and maxing out my melee EDs. I have a 4,1 twist point setting at the moment.

With this system right now if I did deciced yep I want to finish off a couple more sorc lives and then go on my final artificer life, I would have to just dump all my ED experience pretty much except one tree (I have 4 totally capped out and 2 mostly capped out ones to choose from). What happens to my twists? Do they stay there? Say I keep the shiradi tree, then go to my sorc life, which tree can I then start in when I reach 20 again? only the trees next to shiradi or one of the arcane trees?
    ~ Khyber - Crimson Eagles ~
    ~ Mellinator ~ Mellant ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~

2016 DDO Players Council Ziindarax's Avatar

@droid: I am pretty sure the devs said that you'd get HEROIC ranks for each Epic Destiny level lost. Meaning, you would only get enough ranks as an iconic to reach level 20, not 27. >.>

Still, I agree that Iconics will greatly trivialize the journey to completionist (and to the point of cheapening it entirely; especially when you consider those who achieved completionist the hard way going from 1-20+ each time).

@Developers - While we're on the subject of Iconics, WHY are the Bladeforged being regarded as "fleshlings" by the captured Bladesworn in House C, and why do the Bladeforged sound like Humans? For the first, Bladeforged should be even MORE highly regarded than the Warforged whom the captured Bladesworn considers a brother.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    TLDR: 1) Preserve the work that vets have already put into maxing destinies. It shouldnt matter if they earn it later or earned it before. 2) Epic Advantage stands to make L1-11 content obsolete. 3) Iconics + Epic Advantage = start at L27

f you're just coming up in the new system, it seems what the "intent" is for Epic TR is pretty similar to what you do for Heroic TR....level up to 28, max one destiny, lock it in when you TR. Level back up to 28, max out another destiny, lock it in when you TR. So no Epic XP is ever "wasted".

The only real problem with that system would seem to be on rollout, when people with multiple maxed destinies have to choose only one to lock in. The extra Heroic ranks arent nearly enough to make up for it....its enough to catapult you to, what, L12 (one time) if you completely maxed out all 11 destinies? L12 is like 5-6 hours of playtime for most seasoned vets.

There's better ways to implement it. Someone else already mentioned, I saw, the idea that your selected destiny gets wiped on TR and you get the Epic PL for that destiny, and everything else stays where you left it.

Another idea that might address the rollout issue is have it so that every maxed destiny gets "locked in" when you Epic TR, but you only choose one for the Epic PL. That preserves the exact same amount of work per Epic PL to max everything for both new players and vets...

-New player: levels up to 28, maxes one destiny, Epic TR. Repeats 11 times. 11 lives leveled 1-28, 11 destinies maxed.
    -Vet player: already leveled up at least once to 28, and maxed all destinies. Epic TR. Levels back up to 28, Epic TR. Repeat second step 10 times. 11 lives leveled 1-28, 11 destinies maxed (just all at once, before the first Epic TR).

---------

Also, completely differnet subject: If you've already run through Epic XP 11 times, are you locked out of the system? It said you "must have a maxed, UNBONDED Destiny" to be able to Epic TR. Once you've bonded them all, are you stuck? Or do you just Heroic TR and still get your Epic Advantage in the next life? So every Heroic TR from then on starts at L12?

Triple Completionist just got a whole lot easier if you complete your Epic TRs first...and any content under L12 just got made a lot more obsolete. I thought the point of the TR system was to keep lower level content relevant..?

---------

Third problem: Twelfth-life Iconics start at 15 and get enough Epic Advantage ranks for 11 levels = start at L27? Those Iconic PLs are going to be very trivial to get....
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneArcher52689 View Post
    However, while that would probably calm some of the crowd, You still need to figure out how to deal with the people who'd want to do the epic TR without losing all their benefits. The most fair thing I can think of would be to allow a 1 month period after the release where a person could epic TR and gain ALL the epic past lives and bond EACH destiny. If they miss the 2 month(or whatever time limit, but i'd say 2 months would be the minimum, since they'd have to hit lvl 28 too)
    You're "most fair" solution is only fair for those players who either have capped all the EDs already or players who have a few toons that can cap their characters' EDs within the time frame. It doesn't account for players who have multiple toons that have worked their way through the EDs without capping all of them. You solution also penalizes players who didn't resorting farming a handful of quests (or challenges before the XP nerf) but decided to do the dumb thing and try to play the game for fun.

The best solution is to erase just the level XP while leaving the ED XP alone, but making the player choose which capped ED to bond with to gain benefits when they TR. This way no one is setback from where they are right now, yet everyone can start advancing on the new TR perks roughly at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by sneerie View Post
    You need to reward folks with have ground out their epic destinies more before you implement this. However... TR'ing is optional, not required. It's not a nerf unless they take something you have away from you... you decide if you want to TR and "start fresh".

One more thought:

There is nothing wrong with the ability to get XP (especially with all the boosts, potions, etc...). I would however suggest the xp be ironed out a bit. Run a couple of reports on which quests are ran least frequently (or failed most frequently), and adjust the xp up on those (and maybe down on some others...) accordingly. If you have to spend 15 minutes getting to a quest (e.g. 3 barrel cove), it should be rewarded accordingly. If Coyle likes to run into now uber sonic traps and die... the xp should go up there as well.

And all quests where you MUST be flagged to enter (no-red door) should continue to be rewarded handsomely.

Thats not necessarily true. If we are forced to TR into iconics and new classes to keep our completionist feat, we are then being forced to partake of the ED wipe.
    ZERG
    Whynnd - Xantroos - Justys - Haedeez - Xantrez - Cyridven

First off, Thanks a bunch for this thread.

A lot of us have been hoping for more and improved communication from Turbine and this is the sort of thing we've been wanting. I do hope that this does really represent a chance for us, the players, to provide feedback and thereby influence the direction of the game.

I do hope that you guys in MA don't become skittish at the hue and cry this has raised. Nobody ever said that this sort of thing would automatically be a lovefest. Of course, this is nothing compared to the way it would have been had you waited to drop this bombshell. (Btw, I really want to go drinking with you guys. You must start some amazing barfights. Not that that's ever been a huge challenge in Boston. :P )

Okay, to the meat of the issue.
    Plans for modifying the TR system; spiffy and swell! Really could probably use some rework.
    And, all seems pretty interesting and cool until this:

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    [*] Include Epic Destinies in the TR cycle (with Epic Destiny Past Life Feats)
    Which begat this:

[*] Benefits from the Epic Advantage if you earn Epic Destinies before TR (below)
    Which begat this:

With any type of True Reincarnation, all Epic Destiny Levels earned will give you an advantage when you rebuild your character, by converting Destiny Levels into Heroic Ranks. Every level of Epic Destiny you have earned will count toward ranks earned for your next life. (Epic Destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ED TR.)
    WOW!

Okay, let's think about this. I get to take all my levels in all the EDs I've gone through and get bumped up the reincarnation ladder that many ranks.
    So, let's say that I'm going to reincarnate a toon with all EDs filled. And, let's say that you're being really sweet and crediting me with the 0 level too. So, 11 EDs minus the one I'm bonded to, so 10 EDs times 6 levels, that's 60 ranks! So, if this is my third life on this toon, that's the equivalent of giving me 1,385,700 xp. Spiffy. And all I had to do was give up 10 fully fleshed out EDs which represents 15,000,000 xp and the twists* that I had which represent the Fate Points that I had earned.

*I'm supposing that twists would disappear, as the points I had spent in those other EDs would have evaporated and those are requisite for twists. To be fair though, it is possible that Turbine intends to grandfather those through.

Does this seem to be a good deal to you?

Don't answer yet because that's not all!
    I get to go back and rework all the destinies necessary to get my twists back. * And next life I can go through the same thing, ofc I probably wouldn't be getting very many ranks for free.

There, would you be happy if this were offered to you?

I'm really not trying to be a snarky jerk. It's a gift, what can I say. I'm just restating what you (Turbine) are presenting to us players as the direction that you would like to take things, in terms that one/some/many/all the players may see it.

Sincerely, thanks for bringing this to us.

Glin, sorry you drew the short straw.

Looking forward to seeing what's forthcoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Community Member

First off I'm going to qualify myself just a little bit here, just to clarify where my point of view is coming from. Across 6 characters I've done over 60 true resurrections and I've capped fate points on them all, most have multiple destinies currently capped. Obviously I have a fair amount of gaming time on my hands and I'm not a stranger to or unwilling to undertake long grinds. Also I'm still VIP, I've bought all the expansions you've offered and occasionally will buy some turbine points, although I'm likely on the lighter side point buyers. I know I could easily play for free, the expansion pre-order offerings aren't particular attractive to me (for example I've never used the panther or owlbear, much less run around with a cosmetic pet) but I buy in anyhow because DDO needs to make money if the servers are going to stay open. I want to be sure I'm doing my part to see that happens, so I ante up.

Now with that said, what you've proposed is not enticing to me. The main sticking point is wiping all destiny XP. Losing all my destiny XP and twists of fate to be presented with 2 more stat points (that most likely won't be going into a main stat), an as yet unknown bonus based on the capped destiny (although it is probably safe to assume it will be a small bonus as there needs to be some balance between those who have them and those that dont) and a whole heap more XP I need attain again if I want the well twisted characters I once had is not an attractive proposal to me at all. Also as someone who plays everyday and prefers not to solo, I can tell you the in-game reaction to this is not exactly exuberance.

I know some of the design behind this is a hope to increase store sales, I fear you've already chisseled the stone. I just want to ask you think carefully before you implement this on live servers. Despite what people might argue on the forums, the number of people I see running around on a daily basis and particularly in US prime time has been steadily dwindling. I can honestly say the destiny xp grind is one of the dullest grinds I've ever undertaken in an MMO, I did not take the popular dun robar/impossible demands path either instead I would ransack various quests per week. By my sixth character I could barely manage to stay interested in obtaining destiny xp yet oddly the true resurrection system you currently have was still appealing to me. Now I grant that being able to lock in destiny xp would be help alleviate some monotony, this is only going to work if your benefit if you do a lot of ETRs. Those will be ETRS which a large percentage of the time you won't have the twists available that you currently have now and now have to play through three more levels (which is probably safe to assume will require more total xp than the 5 we have now do regardless of what the new xp requirements might be). How much fun does that sound like, really? It's one thing to take away or ask us to willingly take away what we have now if there's some not-to-distant light off in the distance but what has posted is a quite large time investment for any well developed character to return to the what they have currently. What you're proposing seems as though it would work a lot better for newly created characters, something of which I don't exactly see clogging up server I play on.

So TLDR, losing all the destiny XP and twist slots on my characters I've already put *a lot* of time in is not something I'm interested in doing or paying for.

Default Separate epic and heroic

A lot to look at there.

As my forum title implies, Fawngate of Khyber has already all heroic past life feats allowed.
    She has all Epic Destinies capped.

An Epic Destiny TR as per written would eliminate all her Epic Destiny XP except to bond one of them.
    She would not receive a heroic past life class feat as she already has the maximum allowed.

An Iconic TR would place her at level 15 + ranks from her now lost Epic Destinies.
    Any epic destiny xp earned would be removed and applied to later Iconic TRing.

She crosses the problem others will encounter to that Epic TRing is currently tied
    into heroic in an odd sort of way. Many of us have 3 past lives on at least one or two of
    our favorite classes, thereby messing up an Epic TR.

An example, say a serious player with a wizard at level 28 wants to Epic TR?
    I can guarantee you several things about that wizard.
    That wizard already has 3 wizard past lives, therefore a fourth wizard past life
    would not be granted.
    That wizard likely has multiple capped epic destinies.

They would be facing the same problems I face, and while I am in a mere handful of player,
    there are tons of those wizards around.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 06-12-2013 at 11:19 PM.

A point that I haven't seen yet...

My TR junkie toon is going for completionist. Okay, so you're counting Iconics in the completionist feat as well. I now have to do at least 17 lives. If I buy into this system, even though I've done 4 lives already (I started as an altoholic), That's at least 2 lives that I'll have every destiny bonded.

I wanted completionist because it seemed like a fun way to learn and play each class.

I have no desire to learn a class I've never played starting from level 12+.

So, uhhh, yea, forget completionist.

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    The best solution is to erase just the level XP while leaving the ED XP alone, but making the player choose which capped ED to bond with to gain benefits when they TR. This way no one is setback from where they are right now, yet everyone can start advancing on the new TR perks roughly at the same time.
    I agree with this. this would make the most sense and people would TR as much and as often as before, but probably a little more since there would be new added benefits than what we have now.

also I will add, skipping over a bunch of low levels I think is a bad idea. I read that there might be a change in TR xp? decreasing the xp requirements to level makes the most sense as it keeps the game across all levels active and epic levels will only keep increasing as time goes on.

Yeah, I really dislike the Epic Advantage. I LIKE to start at level 1 in Korthos. I find it fun to start over from square 1. I also very much like the TP I get from running every quest on elite for bravery.

Default Normal feats are necessary for optimal build. No more purchasable PL feats, please.

Again, an example of Fawngate who can take any purchasable past life feat she desires.

She is level 24 now.
    She has taken exactly one past life feat ~ completionist,
    and she hesitated to purchase it.

If you are going to redo the whole TR system, please realize no one wants to spend
    a feat to get a past life feat. Action points maybe, feats not likely on a serious epic build.

Normally the most a player takes is completionist and wizard for the +1 dcs
    or completionist and monk for the extra wrap damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    A point that I haven't seen yet...

My TR junkie toon is going for completionist. Okay, so you're counting Iconics in the completionist feat as well. I now have to do at least 17 lives. If I buy into this system, even though I've done 4 lives already (I started as an altoholic), That's at least 2 lives that I'll have every destiny bonded.

I wanted completionist because it seemed like a fun way to learn and play each class.

I have no desire to learn a class I've never played starting from level 12+.

So, uhhh, yea, forget completionist.
    Right now Completionist just requires all the Class Past Life feats. I didn't see any indication in the initial dev post that the Iconic Past Life feats would be added to the requirements for Completionist. Did I miss a post?

Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast