Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Zerg count noticeably increased

I have bad feeling, that count of "zergs" increased in last few weeks, especialy after bug with shorten progess-bars has been introduced. There were time to gather party on every trap before U18 waiting for trapper to disable all traps in the path. Nowadays trappers are incredible fast. This is only one example.

Another example is ED farm in House of Rusty Blades using DD/Fast - Finish/Window.

Please fix this bug ASAP. The game is no longer fun.

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art20/Epic8/Epic8 -> Rng20/Epic10 -> Drd6),
    Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic8/Epic10->Sorc(EK)17)

Community Member

Run faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    I enjoy trapping now more than I ever have, I no longer fall behind the party.

Community Member

I have bad feeling, that count of "zergs" increased in last few weeks, especialy after bug with shorten progess-bars has been introduced. There were time to gather party on every trap before U18 waiting for trapper to disable all traps in the path. Nowadays trappers are incredible fast. This is only one example.
    Why the hell would you WANT trapping to be slow? that's the most ridiculous complaint I have seen. The slow speed of trapping is why most groups just run through traps instead of waiting for a disable, leaving the poor trapper missing most of the action as he is always trailing behind getting the trap bonus while everyone else has fun fighting. I know its a bug that will be fixed next update, but the instant trap finding/trap disabling should be made a permanent feature.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    I enjoy trapping now more than I ever have, I no longer fall behind the party.
    When we're happy that trapping takes less time because the rest of the monk-splash party has just zerged through the traps without caring about them and with no fear of them, the problem isn't that rogues can't zerg along as quickly as the rest of the party. The problem is that traps fire too slowly to deal with all the maximum-striding power-TR'd characters running around so fast that traps either fire too slowly to even hit them and they have too high of reflex saves to get hit by them anyway.

I'd say fix that before I'd say "make it easier for rogues to zerg and catch up with the other zergs." Traps are MEANT to stop a party until they're either carefully sidestepped or dealt with by the rogue. Not just zerged through and then farmed by the rogue for more party xp.

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Are you happy with your Winner Button bought from DDO store? Lets make similar item which will teleport you at the end of quest and kill boss instantly. This will be very popular feature.

LOL
    Nobody agrees with your opinion? .. Why not try to derail the thread then by throwing in a total unrelated troll-post?

Anyway, watching progress bars while trap disabling is boring. Watching a guy watch progress bars is even more boring.
    That is why many people jump through traps on non-Elite settings, to get where the fun is. And why even many trapdisabling-capable characters dont disable every trap they come across, when the group is already on the other side, because spending 1/4th the questtime with trapboxes and catching up is not their idea of fun.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

I suspect that the bug is a result of getting the game ready for the new rogue enhancements, which let search and disable occur faster.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Another example is ED farm in House of Rusty Blades using DD/Fast - Finish/Window.

So... Your complaint here is something like this?
    The traps people have always just ran through/jumped over... Are still being treated the same way.
    It's just now easier for rogues to contribute while leveling outside of +15% XP bonus from traps?
    Yeah I can see how that is just horribad for the game and needs to be changed ASAP!

And yeah.. Because making ED farming go quicker is a bad thing! It's not like we don't have to get through an absolutely unreasonable amount of XP already, why not make the grind go slower? Besides, this hasn't gotten faster but for maybe 10 seconds? Good runs are still done in under 2 minutes. If that. Hell, before this bug, I was doing ED farms while getting ransack on both chests in under 5 minutes..

I forgot.. What exactly was your point again? Or are you just complaining to complain?
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    I forgot.. What exactly was your point again? Or are you just complaining to complain?
    Question is, what do you expect from playing. Be winner? Be the strongest toon ever?
    Or fun? Adventure? Good feeling after overcoming all difficulties and hardness in the adventure? Where is the fun after we remove difficulties? That is the point.

I don't like zergs. I am immediatelly leaving any party with zerging toon.

PS: 15 sec on recall with interruption when hit. So you can't leave dungeon until you kill all enemies around you.

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art20/Epic8/Epic8 -> Rng20/Epic10 -> Drd6),

PS: 15 sec on recall with interruption when hit. So you can't leave dungeon until you kill all enemies around you.
    That is the single most horrible mechanic I have ever heard anyone suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    That is the single most horrible mechanic I have ever heard anyone suggest.
    Recall has no logic at all. You should walk all the way back to the begining to leave quest area In case of quest failure the only way out should be through /death. Let make permadeath more difficult

So what are you going to do when the new enhancements allow rogues to disable traps faster? Blacklist every rogue with the enhancement selected?

Question is, what do you expect from playing. Be winner? Be the strongest toon ever?
    Or fun? Adventure? Good feeling after overcoming all difficulties and hardness in the adventure? Where is the fun after we remove difficulties? That is the point.

You do realize for rusted blades it was, kill boss, dd, sit still for x secs to recall while still not having killed the mobs? It's the same thing just without the pointless wait while grinding the 19 million or so xp you need for epic destinies.

Monk speed has almost nothing to do with jumping thru traps either, I can jump thru most traps in the game with any toon. It has nothing to do with run speed and everything to do with knowing where to step. Waiting for the rogue/arti to disable the trap is boring and there are very very few traps in the game that are dangerous to a prepared player. Why do you want to give anyone a timeout and make them not play everytime a trap pops up?

How does fast recall/zerging remove all difficulties? Most quests in ddo have almost no difficulty even on elite while leveling. That's why people zerg, there is no challenge to playing the content so the challenge is now how fast can I do it. It's another way to create a challenge similar to how some people play pd to create a challenge.

If you leave a party with a zerging toon I can tell you the zerger won't care. As mentioned the game is easy enough where they didn't need you anyways and will finish just the same. You aren't hurting anyone here, and if you are the type that complains endlessly about people needing to not zerg when in parties your parties will probably thank you.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    Why the hell would you WANT trapping to be slow? that's the most ridiculous complaint I have seen. The slow speed of trapping is why most groups just run through traps instead of waiting for a disable, leaving the poor trapper missing most of the action as he is always trailing behind getting the trap bonus while everyone else has fun fighting. I know its a bug that will be fixed next update, but the instant trap finding/trap disabling should be made a permanent feature.
    Agreed

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    Agreed
    What about instant casting, instant playing bardic music, instant killing main boss? Still a lot of fun? Where this ends?

Walking is too slow, lets introduce teleporting from one objective to another.

Are you want to have this game equal to NWO?

What about instant casting,
    god yes, play a druid, reincarnate will have you agreeing
    instant playing bardic music,
    what are these bards you mention. =P but overall yes please, bard songs take too long to buff.
    instant killing main boss? Still a lot of fun? Where this ends?
    overdramatic much
    Walking is too slow, lets introduce teleporting from one objective to another.

Are you want to have this game equal to NWO?
    More dramatics to derail your own thread once you realized people didn't fall over themselves to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    If you leave a party with a zerging toon I can tell you the zerger won't care. As mentioned the game is easy enough where they didn't need you anyways and will finish just the same. You aren't hurting anyone here, and if you are the type that complains endlessly about people needing to not zerg when in parties your parties will probably thank you.
    It is not about hurting anyone. I only prevent to hurting me by the bore.
    I can finish the quest with zerging toon by simply staying at the start and waiting for finish. During this time, i can do something more usefull at home (or work). But I am pretty sure that this is not WAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus
    More dramatics to derail your own thread once you realized people didn't fall over themselves to agree with you.
    Okay, more general question. What do you expect from the game? Why you playing?

Community Member

If you don't like what you consider zerging and leave immediately, then you probably weren't in a party with true zergers yet, just saying.
    But, a real zerger ( not wannabe zerg newbie ) would probably leave before you did so they wouldn't ruin other's game experience/enjoyment. And their own of course.
    Your best option is probably to make your own lfms, at this point, 90% groups look for completion in a "timely manner ".

Okay, more general question. What do you expect from the game? Why you playing?
    To have fun, being able to disable faster and finish out faster just makes the game more fun to me, since now I'm not essentially given a timeout on playing.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast