Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Here's the thing though,

realism in a game with magic strike one

I can pick common locks very very rapidly, some types faster than the progress bar with the right tools. strike two

Some of us play video games to escape from reality not to have realism. strike three
    Since we're removing realism here, then strikes count as awards for me and my irrefutable logic. I see this as a win-win all around.

Immersion requires some sense of realism. Plus, if I remember correctly, the original D&D - and let’s be honest with ourselves, DDO needs to maintains some ties with root game - picking locks and disabling traps were assigned a specific amount of turns to do.

And since we're removing all realism from a game, let’s eliminate things like armor, and swords, and make all damage flatulence-based.

It could work.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    I agree. I find doing traps fun... At first. But, when you play with zerg heavy people(me and my friends mostly) or just anyone who steamrolls content...
    Yeah, but then we get back to the wole issue of one side dictating the style of play for the other side. Not everyone wants to zerg.

I mean, I'm not a full RP player, but i'd like a little taste of it. At the very least, armor that doesn't look like a unitard or have shoulder pieces that look like a 80's style woman's blazer when tripping on acid.

I mean, if you're going into trap-heavy quests, and want that trap bonus, you gotta do the work for the benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    And since we're removing all realism from a game, let’s eliminate things like armor, and swords, and make all damage flatulence-based.

It could work.
    I one shot countries, not just rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    I have bad feeling, that count of "zergs" increased in last few weeks, especialy after bug with shorten progess-bars has been introduced. There were time to gather party on every trap before U18 waiting for trapper to disable all traps in the path. Nowadays trappers are incredible fast. This is only one example.

Another example is ED farm in House of Rusty Blades using DD/Fast - Finish/Window.

Please fix this bug ASAP. The game is no longer fun.
    Damn im happy we can disarm traps faster........... and you are mad about people ED farming? Why? are you forced to ED farm?

I just don't understand...... if pugs are too fast for you but up your own smell the flowers lfm......... I don't like zerging that much especially when there are people in the party who dont know the quest inside out.... but I dont like waiting extra long for traps to be disarmed and I like farming EDs because it feels like im actually making some progress even though its mind numbing sometimes/after a while. I don't know why I should be forced to wait longer...... and take forever to get EDs just because you don't like it.

Why should the rest of us be forced to play the game the way *you* want to play it? You are not being forced to ED farm if you don't want to... or to do quests faster, Put up no zerging lfms, and only join those types. Sheesh

Hey im getting annoyed the load screens are now too fast and I don't have to log in multiple times as much anymore please increase the load screens and disconnects as this slows down my play experiance and makes it more enjoyable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I one shot countries, not just rooms.
    Reminds me of a christmas carol.

Jingle bells jingle bells batman smells robin laid an egg

Wonder woman did a fart and blew up the U.S.A!! Hey!!!!
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 06-12-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Yeah, but then we get back to the wole issue of one side dictating the style of play for the other side. Not everyone wants to zerg.

I mean, I'm not a full RP player, but i'd like a little taste of it. At the very least, armor that doesn't look like a unitard or have shoulder pieces that look like a 80's style woman's blazer when tripping on acid.

I mean, if you're going into trap-heavy quests, and want that trap bonus, you gotta do the work for the benefit.
    Reading comprehension. It would seem you lack it.
    I addressed this in my post, although I didn't state clearly this was what I was addressing.

I clearly stated I don't think searching and disabling traps should be an instant thing. I even made the comment that I would love for the devs to look at this mechanic and make it more interesting and character involved somehow.
    I never try to force my play style on other people. Ever. I may give tips, and explain how to do things quicker if people are having trouble but I never say, you have to play this way.

This is neither here nor there. When did we start talking about armor appearances?

And I agree. I do put in the time and the work. More often than I'd like.

Which is why I brought my original point up. Doing traps should not be some tedious, mind numbing requirement in quests that only serve to annoy and slow down parties. I'm all for traps. Hell when U14(?) came and bugged all the traps on elite, I found it extremely fun and challenging. Suddenly I had to pay attention to traps. They were dangerous, but useful and interesting. I found ways to drag mobs through the traps so I could save resources while soloing.

Hard and interesting traps are nice, and if done correctly are a very welcome addition to the game. Much like the tile trap in the end fight for New Invasion. It requires thought, and strategy to deal with that trap, and the mobs. DDO needs more of this IMHO.

If only disabling them wasn't such a bore I would love the job. But as it is implemented at the moment it's boring, and is quite frankly a "Job" in game.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

Default Progress bar

Of all the things that could be described as "obtuse UI design" in the game design, one in particular, was the PROGRESS BAR. Nobody likes to stare at "progress bars", "loading screens", "whirling discs", etc. In games, operating systems, applications, phones, anything. Nobody likes to wait, period.

So get rid of it altogether Turbine. Now that its clear that it does not effect anything.

Oh, and for the OP, if you want to wait, well........wait. Nobody is stopping you.

I have bad feeling, that count of "zergs" increased in last few weeks, especialy after bug with shorten progess-bars has been introduced. There were time to gather party on every trap before U18 waiting for trapper to disable all traps in the path. Nowadays trappers are incredible fast. This is only one example.

Another example is ED farm in House of Rusty Blades using DD/Fast - Finish/Window.

Please fix this bug ASAP. The game is no longer fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    Of all the things that could be described as "obtuse UI design" in the game design, one in particular, was the PROGRESS BAR. Nobody likes to stare at "progress bars", "loading screens", "whirling discs", etc. In games, operating systems, applications, phones, anything. Nobody likes to wait, period.

So get rid of it altogether Turbine. Now that its clear that it does not effect anything.
    Still many ppls don't understand the point. There is very big difference between waiting for complex operation to finish and waiting due game rules! Waiting for search, disarm, recall, resting, open door or chest, disable force shield, playing bardic music, changing armor, cooldown on spells and SLA... these waiting are due game design and rules. All these actions can be made instant but they are not because of rules. Calling for shorting them is equal to calling for breaking rules and posibile making unbalances. And I can really see this bug made a lot of unbalanced situations.

This is what i cannot accept. Something I can not really boast (pride? - my poor english) with it . Shame!

Looking forward next update to hope it will fix all these bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    Oh, and for the OP, if you want to wait, well........wait. Nobody is stopping you.
    Yes, but I am not alone. I cannot stop other ppls. I can only write something to the LFM panel.
    Last edited by Wanesa; 06-13-2013 at 04:20 AM.

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

Hey OP, how about you actually make a trapper and start pugging with one. The bug only works if you interrupt the action. So don't move while you're searching and disabling. Now after you do two lives (I did 5) as a trapper come back and take a long hard look at this thread and tell me if your opinion is still the same.

Traps still have a DC check. If you don't build and equip your toon properly you're still not gonna be able to spot/disarm them no matter how much time you take; be it 2 seconds or half an hour.

And unlike you, I actually want this bug to stay permanent as it is actually increasing my enjoyment of playing a trapper.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    Hey OP, how about you actually make a trapper and start pugging with one. .
    I did play trapper before bug. I still have trapper toon at lvl 7 on some server. Not playing now, focusing to other toon. No problem with searching and disarming until i met a zerg in my group (as expected).

And unlike you, I actually want this bug to stay permanent as it is actually increasing my enjoyment of playing a trapper.
    I can say, don't play trapper if you are not enjoy it (after they fix it). Calling for deforming rules because YOU found it enjoying...ït is slightly unfair.

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

Still many ppls don't understand the point. There is very big difference between waiting for complex operation to finish and waiting due game rules! Waiting for search, disarm, recall, resting, open door or chest, disable force shield, playing bardic music, changing armor, cooldown on spells and SLA... these waiting are due game design and rules. All these actions can be made instant but they are not because of rules. Calling for shorting them is equal to calling for breaking rules and posibile making unbalances. And I can really see this bug made a lot of unbalanced situations.

This is what i cannot accept. Something I can not really boast (pride? - my poor english) with it . Shame!

Looking forward next update to hope it will fix all these bugs.

Yes, but I am not alone. I cannot stop other ppls. I can only write something to the LFM panel.
    OP saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make people agree with you. You've said your piece, almost no one agrees with you because almost no one thinks taking a time out makes the game more complex and difficult. Move on, set up flower sniffing pugs, and leave the rest of us sane players alone.

I did play trapper before bug. I still have trapper toon at lvl 7 on some server. Not playing now, focusing to other toon. No problem with searching and disarming until i met a zerg in my group (as expected).
    What do people rushing ahead have to do with your ability to find and disable traps?

I can say, don't play trapper if you are not enjoy it (after they fix it). Calling for deforming rules because YOU found it enjoying...ït is slightly unfair.
    Reading comprehension is hard. I did not state that I don't enjoy trapping, I stated that I enjoy it more now as it is not taking useless amounts time to get it done.
    Stunned mobs sliding around the map casting spells and attacking is unfair. Blank mob immunities are unfair. Players saving 5 seconds time on annoying and useless mechanic isn't.

What do people rushing ahead have to do with your ability to find and disable traps?

Players saving 5 seconds time on annoying and useless mechanic isn't.
    Yes it is really unfair!!!! where am I going to find 5 spare seconds in quest to pick my nose and scratch my balls?

It is unfair. Trappers will never win Zerg Tournament Now I can understand. I misstook the game.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

It is unfair. Trappers will never win Zerg Tournament Now I can understand. I misstook the game.
    I think what your problem is, is that you really don't understand the nature of most of the people who "zerg" content in this game.

Most of the people you meet who are zerging:
    Know the quest inside and out
    Have run it 10's if not 100's of times.
    Will zerg no matter what game mechanics are at work.
    Will steamroll any content you put in front of them.
    They will Ignore traps pretty much 99% of the time, regardless of how long disabling them takes.
    As they always have.
    And above all else, They could not care less that you think they're playing the game wrong.

Now, I think I'm pretty much done in this thread. There is really no merit to continuing the debate any further than here.
    It's painfully obvious the OP is ignoring all facts placed before him, and all logical arguments.
    He has simply devolved into a troll, effectively derailing his own thread.

We're basically debating the validity of a bug in the game that "may" be fixed in the future. (This is Turbine after all.)
    While I stand by what I said regarding the search and disable mechanics 100%, they really play very little into this game and any more discussion on whether or not we like a bug is pretty pointless. After all, its unlikely a dev will ever see this, or take into consideration anything that has been brought up in this thread.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    I think what your problem is, is that you really don't understand the nature of most of the people who "zerg" content in this game.
    I have no problem with this. Just read title of the thread: A statement: "Zerg count noticeably increased". You finally can agree with that.
    Is it good or bad for the game?
    It it good or bad for newcomers?
    Can the game in this state compete with other MMO games? (NWO for example).
    Can I look forward to meet the new ppls i my poor pug groups or will I meet old veterans abusing my group to help him achieve their 100st run in record time?

Last appeal for devs. fix the bugs

Community Member

That's nonsense. If the speed limit on my local highway is 100 km/h and I lobby for it to be increased to 120 km/h I am not lobbying to break the law, I'm lobbying for the law to be changed because I feel it makes no sense/is inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    That's nonsense. If the speed limit on my local highway is 100 km/h and I lobby for it to be increased to 120 km/h I am not lobbying to break the law, I'm lobbying for the law to be changed because I feel it makes no sense/is inappropriate.
    OMG, this is the game! You cannot vote for rules. You can simply not play the game if you not aggree with the rules.

OMG, this is the game! You cannot vote for rules.
    Wrong.

What do you thing all those surveys, rants, whines and constant nerfs are?

Wrong.

What do you thing all those surveys, rants, whines and constant nerfs are?
    Just only feedback. Noncmmittal for Turbine. There is no election commission, no election rules. No results. All changes in rules are final decision of the product manager, regardless how election ends

Just only feedback. Noncmmittal for Turbine. There is no election commission, no election rules. No results. All changes in rules are final decision of the product manager, regardless how election ends
    It's amusing to watch of how little you know about the game.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast