Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    It is not about hurting anyone. I only prevent to hurting me by the bore.
    But if you get your way then you'd be boring me. I find not zerging to be boring. I enjoy challenging myself to complete familiar and easy (ie not EE) quests in faster and faster times. I've even ran a stopwatch on a full Rusted Blades before, from going in to regrabbing the window (2:18 but I'm working on making it faster). So what you're asking for is for Turbine to change the game to make it more enjoyable to you while directly making it less enjoyable for me.

In addition it sounds like you're asking them to make traps impassible without a trapper. That would mean forcing people to either run a hireling (which is turbine points only at heroic levels) or to group for quite a few quests. Some players don't have the time for that every time they log in. Does that mean that they either have to roll up only trappers or they're not allowed to play unless they have enough time for a group? Seems fairly extreme a viewpoint to me...a forcing of one person's preferred play style on to everyone else.

I guess my point is that everyone has a way they prefer to play the game. For you it's taking your time, keeping the group together, waiting on the rogue to finish traps, etc. You should put up an LFM and say that! That's why the LFM tool is there - to find like-minded people with whom you can enjoy the game. Meanwhile, I'll put up my LFM that says byoh which basically tells people enough - when the quest shows that it's already in progress and your LFM says byoh people seem to get the message and I've never had someone join and make it to the quest that didn't understand that message. In that scenario we both come out on top - you get 5 people to join you that enjoy taking the quest slow and playing it strategically and I get whoever shows up to keep me company while I try for a new best time on the Rusted Blades race track.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Community Member

Are you happy with your Winner Button bought from DDO store? Lets make similar item which will teleport you at the end of quest and kill boss instantly. This will be very popular feature.

LOL
    It takes no effort or skill to wait a long time for a progress bar to move. It's DUMB that it takes that long and adds NOTHING to the game.

For you to make a personal attack and suggest that removing a stupid and pointless wait that takes no skill or effort is the same as auto-completing the quest for you I can only assume you are trolling.

Community Member

What about instant casting, instant playing bardic music, instant killing main boss? Still a lot of fun? Where this ends?
    None of those were things you complained about. Trying to derail your own thread now?

But yes, spell casting should be near instant (at least with quicken on), and there is no reason for the bard to have to run around for 10 seconds for his stuff to go off either, it should trigger at start of song, even if you want to make him finish the song before he can do something else. The delays are annoying, there isn't a delay when I swing my sword.

Walking is too slow, lets introduce teleporting from one objective to another.

Are you want to have this game equal to NWO?
    You like tossing out strawmen don't you?

Okay, more general question. What do you expect from the game? Why you playing?
    Fun, a bit of a challenge.

Waiting around looking at progress bars is neither fun nor challenging.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    . I've even ran a stopwatch on a full Rusted Blades before, from going in to regrabbing the window (2:18 but I'm working on making it faster).
    Flowersniffer !
    You know it's fast when manyshot is still on timer

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    It takes no effort or skill to wait a long time for a progress bar to move. It's DUMB that it takes that long and adds NOTHING to the game.

For you to make a personal attack and suggest that removing a stupid and pointless wait that takes no skill or effort is the same as auto-completing the quest for you I can only assume you are trolling.
    It is about different wishes. All of you want to make game more easer. I wish to have game more challenging. So I will disagree with every new feature making game easer. Why? Because it is the game. A challenge!

I really don't understand, why you want to have game easer by breaking the rules.

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

if it wasn't so early in the day yet this thread might warrant

Fun, a bit of a challenge.

Waiting around looking at progress bars is neither fun nor challenging.
    Relly not? Why there is long progressbar while opening magic field in Servant Overload? Try to find reason. May be you'll find, what is challenging having progres bar while searching or disarming trap. Why you should be unable to disarm traps during heavy battle.

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

Community Member

Default DDO is not for beginners

Three seconds after a new quest is available on anything other then the Lam server the LFM's have posts of "know it". This is not a game for new people. New people are not desired. We must all know the runs inside and out and do exactly as the lemmings... I mean leader, wants us too.

That's the state of the game outside of the harbor. You want to join a group you had better learn how DDO is played. Either that or get lucky and find some people willing to share how you like playing.

Community Member

It is about different wishes. All of you want to make game more easer. I wish to have game more challenging. So I will disagree with every new feature making game easer. Why? Because it is the game. A challenge!
    You keep saying that but it makes no sense. What is challenging about watching a progress bar slowly move while you do nothing but watch it? It's dumb, its not a challenge.

Or do you find it hard to stand and watch something while no one takes any actions? lol

Relly not? Why there is long progressbar while opening magic field in Servant Overload? Try to find reason. May be you'll find, what is challenging having progres bar while searching or disarming trap. Why you should be unable to disarm traps during heavy battle.
    That would justify a delay equal to that when you open a door, not the long progress bar we have now for disable.

And frankly the long door in SO is pretty stupid too. It would be better quest design to simply have you way outnumbered/outgunned if you open the door before killing what is outside. Hell, the challenge should be to kill everything outside before they open the door from the inside and come out and whack you hard. Forever respawing mobs is not a challenge, nor particularly fun, its just lazy ass programming inspired by the worst of game design.
    Last edited by Citzen_Gkar; 06-12-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Name 3 quests with traps that have to be disarmed while fighting.

What about remove progress bar during resting. Instant resting?

Oh, what about remove resting at all?

Community Member

What about remove progress bar during resting. Instant resting?
    I wouldn't mind if they shortened that bar.

Oh, what about remove resting at all?
    Strawman.

I wouldn't mind if they shortened that bar.
    ROLF

I can continue bringing more such suggestions We can really end with Winning Button. No trolling

The OP has to be trolling.

For that I say well played.

this is a bug. This is not a design decision made by turbine to make the game easier.

People zerged before this bug existed.

People will zerg after the bug is fixed.

that is all.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

ROLF

I can continue bringing more such suggestions We can really end with Winning Button. No trolling
    What's the challenging part of a long rest bar? Nothing. More boring and sitting there doing nothing. Do you really equate boredom to challenge?

You would have more of an argument if you said there should be a delay on the REZ shrine, but of course there is no delay there at all.

What's the challenging part of a long rest bar? Nothing. More boring and sitting there doing nothing. Do you really equate boredom to challenge?
    You would have more of an argument if you said there should be a delay on the REZ shrine, but of course there is no delay there at all.
    Resting in Kobolth Assault can be challenging in elite quest, especialy when running in PUG.

In CitW there is timer making you immune to raise death. Also not challenging? I don't think so.

Resting in Kobolth Assault can be challenging in elite quest, especialy when running in PUG.

In CitW there is timer making you immune to raise death. Also not challenging? I don't think so.
    You need to use that shrine?

Also unless you're running ee citw no it's not challenging, just don't die. Seriously the difficulty in citw on en/eh is not falling asleep, on ee it's getting sp bars one shot.

Often it is more challenging to bring your soulstone to the rez shrine. No delay needed

Community Member

Often it is more challenging to bring your soulstone to the rez shrine. No delay needed
    And why is a long delay needed for resting? Generally everything is dead when you rest. It ads nothing.

You actually use the shrine in KA? Why? lol

In any event, its not at all hard, there are long and predictable breaks between waves, it adds no challenge unless you are a pretty bad player, and those ones probably don't need more challenge.

The CitW timer is a different thing entirely. You can't compare it at all. That's more akin to putting a delay on the use of a rez shrine, which you don't seem to even think needs a delay lol
    Last edited by Citzen_Gkar; 06-12-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast