Community Member

Default Bladeforged Question

So, shortly BEFORE I bought the expansion, I went and I looked up everything I'd be getting, and I looked into the Bladeforged. I'd have bought it either way, so I'm not going to start ranting and raving or anything, but the first time I looked at it, it said that one of the things the Bladeforged got was their Charisma bonus to attack and damage. Now, that entry is gone. Are the Bladeforged getting that ability, or no? Specifically I'm asking because it changes a couple of concept builds I was thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellforgewolf View Post
    So, shortly BEFORE I bought the expansion, I went and I looked up everything I'd be getting, and I looked into the Bladeforged. I'd have bought it either way, so I'm not going to start ranting and raving or anything, but the first time I looked at it, it said that one of the things the Bladeforged got was their Charisma bonus to attack and damage. Now, that entry is gone. Are the Bladeforged getting that ability, or no? Specifically I'm asking because it changes a couple of concept builds I was thinking about.
    Cormyrian Fighters will be the Iconic character that will be receiving their charisma bonus for attack and damage. The bonuses for bladeforged are the fact they take 10% less damage from slashing and increase PRR by 1 (up to 20) for each slashing attack received, have +2 con, -2 dex/wis instead of +2 con, -2cha/wis, have an additional +2 AC and +1 saves tacked to their initial pally aura, and get repair spells in their spell book.

they also have 3 other abilities like reconstruct sla weapons count as adamantine and another one i cant remember. those dont hit until the expansion i think

Community Member

as usual, ddowiki comes to rescue
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Bladeforged

Community Member

it said that one of the things the Bladeforged got was their Charisma bonus to attack and damage. Now, that entry is gone. Are the Bladeforged getting that ability, or no? Specifically I'm asking because it changes a couple of concept builds I was thinking about.
    You have mistaken the Bladeforged Iconic Hero for the Purple Dragon Knight Iconic Hero.
    A quote from http://www.ddo.com/en/articles/u18-i...veloper-diary:

Cormyrian Knight Training: You now use Charisma or Strength (whichever is higher) for Hit and Damage with shortswords, longswords, bastard swords, and greatswords.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

To the guy that just linked me to the DDO Bladeforged page that I thought had been changed, thanks for being useless.
    If you thought the page had been changed you could always check the history....

Founder

To everyone that gave me the correct answer, thanks for correct information. To the guy that just linked me to the DDO Bladeforged page that I thought had been changed, thanks for being useless.
    Just to clarify: in your original post you didn't say that you were looking on the Wiki and you were trying to verify the information there. You can find information regarding the expansion in several places so no one could assume you meant the Wiki.