Cool Favorite Multi-class combo

Unfortunately, I need to get inspired.
    Have at it! Your fav. multi-class combo! Post it, discuss it, argue, etc.
    I need my DDO fix.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheGamingThor View Post
    I need my DDO fix.
    Okay, well I like the splash of 2 fighter/2 monk or rogue.

This provides 2-4 feats, evasion, and potentially trapping skills (at the cost of 2 feats).

For a melee favoured soul I went with 17 fvs (wings self healing mass cures blah blah blah)/2 monk (evasion 2 feats more saves etc. etc.)/1 fighter (haste boost and 1 feat). This allowed me to do some decent group healing, great survivability, damage was pretty good, and I had plenty of saves and feats to play with. EDIT: AND I GOT WINGS!!!!

For my bard life I went Bard 16 (great self buffs, inspire excellence, great CC through virtuoso)/2 fighter (2 feats, haste boost)/2 rogue (evasion, trapping skills, +1d6 damage from sneak attack). This makes it so that I can immobilize hordes of enemies through fascinate, or single targets through song of capering. I had sub par group healing, so i could take myself and spot healing one other. I had great group buffs through songs, blur, GH, etc., and my melee DPS was great cause of inspire courage and other such buffs.

Currently on my Druid life I am going Druid 16 (heal spell, fire ele form, body of the sun soul, buffs, decent group healing, some offensive casting)/2 fighter (2 feats, not taking haste boost gonna get it in epic levels through LD but it is still an option)/2 monk (evasion, 2 feats, more saves). I am gonna get decent spell DPS decent melee DPS some great self healing, decent group healing, some quite excellent buffs, and tons of feats+evasion (with good saves) for a quite awesomely powerful combination.
    Ckarlock, Dragonbloodz, Sorinsal. Argo Server, Guild: Bringers of Darkness.

My favorite multi builds are ones I don't draw attention to so turbine starts getting these screwball idea in their heads about their next the hell with bugs LETS DO THIS!! pet project.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Community Member

anything with Barbarian 1: HP, run speed, proficiencies, sprint boost, mini-rage if more strength is needed. works exceptionally good on clerics: dramatically fewer random invites!
    anything with Artificer 1: UMD, +1 CL on scrolls, +2 UMD on scrolls, magical training/echoes of power, locks, dog to pull lever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Quote Originally Posted by TheGamingThor View Post
    I need my DDO fix.
    Rogue2 Pally2 FVS16 - nice evasion and can still throw some nice heals around... trapping skills if you want... damaging spells not so much of the DC variety... buffs.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Anything with 6 Ranger levels any a bow to pewpew with.
    Anything with 11 Ranger levels and a bow to pewpew with is better.
    Really, that and 2 monk.

Is there really any need for anything else?
    What build can't be made better with 6 Ranger and a bow to pewpew with?
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

I'm fond of monks - many of my characters have either the 2 level feat & evasion splash, and i have 4 that are 12monk/6something/2something else types.. one of which even uses handwraps
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

i quite enjoy unarmed characters and usually favor the flexibilities of fighter so my favorite multiclass would have to be
    6 monk/12 fighter/2 rogue
    also bard of any flavor.
    Elemo IronCast - Patorikku Yama - Happyfruit Wardancer - Toysoldier - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~

Community Member

My first level 20 is 17 Druid, 2 Monk, 1 Wizard.
    Excellent casting ability with over 200/350 spellpower, evasion, nice saves and 200% fortification, as an elf also displacement 6 times per rest on group or self. On up to EH it works very well, didnt try elite since I dont have destinys yet. The combination of invisibility and the Druid spells for hide and move sliently also comes in handy quite often.
    Currently making a 12 Cleric for heal, radiant servant 2, the BAB buff, divine might with 6 levels of Monk for ninja spy, ten thousand stars and shadow fade, 2 levels of Ranger for some nice feats. Also an elf for arcane archer and the dragonmark. Cant say yet how well that will work as I took the cleric levels early on and dont have most of the feats and class abilitys that will make up the ranged bow component yet.
    Bow and group support go very well together so far though.
    Was a tough decision between 6 Ranger and 6 Monk, both should have been fine.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Ah inspiration, I suggest broadening your approch. look at weapons/abilities/ED's/playtyles/flavors that suggest (or demand) a set of abilities that requires a specific multiclass to accomplish. Then you're left with figuring out how to shoe horn 2 of this class with 6 of that and 13 of the other (that's not possible to try and figure out how to do it with 1, 6 and and etc.)

Look at the list of Named weapons, or even better the "Named weapons with unusual to hit and damage"... An example:

Bladeforged 2 Pali 18 Sorc max CHA and max CON, loot or buy one or more "Dynastic Falcata's" Hit and dmg mod for those is Charisma, I'm going Air servant, because I love characters with the Faith dance/Leap Step/Abundant Wind (looking forward to the Shadar iconic for this reason). Use the multiple red augments in the Falcata(s) 2 in each for your spell power, slotting them gives you implement bonus as well. Cross class UMD for raises and heal scrolls if you value helping your party heal, if not w/e. Reconstruction SLA in the next update, so your self healing is excellent and low cost.

18 Rogue, 2 monk Unarmed Acrobat stun build.

Yes, I know "But Assassin does more dps you gimp go kill yourself."

Trip Immunity>3d6 sneak damage. Nuff said.

That and with the proper past lives (2 fighter would be nice, but hey I'm working with 1 rogue and 1 ranger) you can actually hit an annoyingly high stun dc Of which I'm currently trying to prove this theory.

Another fun one is the same as the one above, but with 7 druid so you get fatal harrier. UBAH SPEED UNARMED PUNCHY PUNCHY!!!!

Community Member

Of course this is likely to all change when the enhancement pass comes out.

My main character is TR'ing at the moment, but when I am done with that I will go Half Elf 12 Monk, 6 Ranger, 2 Fighter with paladin Dil for Saves. Even with the enhancement pass 6 levels of monk is highly beneficial for the 10k stars. I am not sure if Paladin Dil will survive the enhancement pass - I certainly hope so.

I also found Fighter 18 / Rogue 2 with paladin Dil worked out really good for a melee. Giving up 1 fighter feat/capstone for evasion and high UMD is a trade-off that worked out good for me.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

12-13Palemaster Wizard/6fighter,paladin,etc./2rogue build it as either a Sword & Board defender or a THF DPS (the former works better....light armor ASF is easily reduced) both supplemented by No Save/No SR Spells such as Ice storm your best bet is cold spell focus its surprisingly effective although people will be a bit dubious in PUGs
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.