Community Member

Default How do I lock my tool bars? They keep changing... :(

Someone ingame told me to press ctrl + to lock my tool bars - but they still seem to glitch and change.

I have 4 bars - with my spells and feats hot keyed.

I'll be using my skills, and for no apparant reason the bar will change - and the hot keys will start working on a different bar.

It's very frustrating - hoping someone knows what I am talking about and there is a fix or work around

It's equal sign (=) not +. I think the default is either Alt+= or Ctrl+=. (Where "+" is a notation, not a key.)

It is ctrl =. But, be sure you use the lowest number bars available, as the one with the lowest numbers will be automatically displayed when you log on. This means if you use a higher number one, you will always have to change to it. Easier just to set it up that way.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by susiedupfer View Post
    It is ctrl =. But, be sure you use the lowest number bars available, as the one with the lowest numbers will be automatically displayed when you log on. This means if you use a higher number one, you will always have to change to it. Easier just to set it up that way.
    That's strange my bars are always the same when I log back in and I use different bars for each destiny (usually only one at a time) but that makes me always have a random jump in numbers out. wonder why that is? Maybe because I always keep bar #1 in the bar switching bar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *fist shake* "Back in my day, we had to run the Coalescence Chamber up hill both ways! There wasn't even snow and the only slippery ice you could find was sleet storm! We had to imagine what snow would look like at Festivult time, and we liked it!"
    http://soundboards.cubicleninja.com/

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevindithas View Post
    That's strange my bars are always the same when I log back in and I use different bars for each destiny (usually only one at a time) but that makes me always have a random jump in numbers out. wonder why that is? Maybe because I always keep bar #1 in the bar switching bar?
    I'll try that - thanks!

Hmm, sounds like you may be doing Ctrl+scrollwheel on mouse by accident to jump hot bars and cause yourself to kick off the wrong hotkey. But I may be misunderstanding.

What I think you are saying is that you have 4 hotbars in use, but they may not be undocked from the root bar so you flip between them and fire off what you want to do. Or that you have 4 undocked and at random you seem to jump between them. If the former I'd stand by Ctrl + scrolling the mouse wheel on accident (I've done it enough myself). If the latter, then as long as the actual items on a particular hot bar are not being removed/replaced/repositioned (hotbar 1 always has xyz in spots 123, but hotbar 1 isn't staying in focus and you suddenly have hotbar 3 in focus kicking off abc when you hit 123 unintentionally).

Hope that didn't confuse you extra when I was actually trying to help ><