Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default question about supreme +4 tome of supreme supremeness

So, they have this +4 to all stats tome on sale (min level 15?) for 3500~ish tp. Does this give you +4 to all stats (replacing existing tome bonuses)? It isn't an upgrade tome, just a straight +4 add or replacement for what is already there, right? I am not 100% clear on it, and don't want to by it if it doesnt do that...

Only the highest tome value applies, so let's say you have a Strength of 10. If you use a +2 tome, your strength will increase to 12. If you then use a +4 tome, your Strength will go up to 14 (10+4=14.) This will be the case for all of your stats.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Only the highest tome value applies, so let's say you have a Strength of 10. If you use a +2 tome, your strength will increase to 12. If you then use a +4 tome, your Strength will go up to 14 (10+4=14.) This will be the case for all of your stats.
    So just to make sure I understand, the +4 supreme tome currently on sale for ~3500 tp would give you +4 to all of my stats assuming that I am at level 15 to use the tome, with no +1,2, or 3 tomes needed, JUST the +4 tome?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrag View Post
    So just to make sure I understand, the +4 supreme tome currently on sale for ~3500 tp would give you +4 to all of my stats assuming that I am at level 15 to use the tome, with no +1,2, or 3 tomes needed, JUST the +4 tome?
    Yeah, just the +4 tome; AFAIK. I believe they're on sale right now for 20% off too.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Correct.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

To clarify, supreme tomes aren't tomes, they're collections of tomes. And they're bta. If you buy a +4 supreme tome you get the following added to your inventory:

bta +4 str tome
    bta +4 dex tome
    bta +4 con tome
    bta +4 int tome
    bta +4 wis tome
    bta +4 cha tome

You can then mix and match which character uses which +4 via the shared bank.

EDIT: It appears that this is only true for upgrade tomes, like "supreme +3 to +4." Reports later in this thread indicate that an actual supreme +4 tome (not an upgrade from +3) is just a single tome that applies +4 to all stats.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    To clarify, supreme tomes aren't tomes, they're collections of tomes. And they're bta. If you buy a +4 supreme tome you get the following added to your inventory:

bta +4 str tome
    bta +4 dex tome
    bta +4 con tome
    bta +4 int tome
    bta +4 wis tome
    bta +4 cha tome

this is a great way to boost the primary stat on several characters. if you are like me and keep a stable of different classes. I bought one of these and used the intel on my wizard, the charisma on my sorc and the str + dex on my rogue. so my three main characters each got a nice boost.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    this is a great way to boost the primary stat on several characters. if you are like me and keep a stable of different classes. I bought one of these and used the intel on my wizard, the charisma on my sorc and the str + dex on my rogue. so my three main characters each got a nice boost.
    Now that is infinitely cool. And a great bargain.

Community Member

Default Skill Points

Just FYI, if you ever LR or GR and want more skill points, the one disadvantage of using only +4 tomes is that the bonuses do not kick in until lvl 15, possibly costing some skill points as you level up (+1 kicks in at lvl 3, +2 at lvl 7, +3 at lvl 11, and so forth). However, if someone has tried just using a +4 (or +2 or +3) tomes and the bonus still starts kicking in at lvl 3, kindly post and let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Texlaw1992 View Post
    Just FYI, if you ever LR or GR and want more skill points, the one disadvantage of using only +4 tomes is that the bonuses do not kick in until lvl 15, possibly costing some skill points as you level up (+1 kicks in at lvl 3, +2 at lvl 7, +3 at lvl 11, and so forth). However, if someone has tried just using a +4 (or +2 or +3) tomes and the bonus still starts kicking in at lvl 3, kindly post and let me know.
    They kick in as you relevel through the LR/GR, so eating a +4 tome then LR/GRing gives you +1 at 3, +2 at 7, +3 at 11 and +4 at 15.

bta +4 str tome
    bta +4 dex tome
    bta +4 con tome
    bta +4 int tome
    bta +4 wis tome
    bta +4 cha tome

I just got one yesterday and it was a single tome as it was the last 3 times I got one that raised all stats by +4
    Server: Fernia Guild: Southern Tenant Farmers Union
    MrTreats:lv20 Fighter Huma Macleod:lvl20Pali WF Octavius:lvl20 Rgr Drow Ramrez:lvl20 Clr Halfling Faygo:lvl20 Rog Drow Ampata:lvl20 Wiz Drow Bach:lvl17 Bard Drow Odafin:lvl5 Life 10 Seeley:lvl1 Barb 1/2 Orc

Quote Originally Posted by mrtreats View Post
    I just got one yesterday and it was a single tome as it was the last 3 times I got one that raised all stats by +4
    So you are saying that EllisDee is wrong and a package of tomes is in fact not what you get? You get one tome named "supreme +4" ?
    Sarlona Deluxe
    Axess (high dps/versatility [TR1]) ~ Nimmuz (cleric) ~ Roboboogie (spellsword [TR1])
    Partydeluxe (bard [TR1]) ~ Partywiz (WF AM [TR1])

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Partydeluxe View Post
    So you are saying that EllisDee is wrong and a package of tomes is in fact not what you get? You get one tome named "supreme +4" ?
    As far as i remember the +3 tome i bought a while ago was a single tome for all stats, the +3 to +4 supreme was a tome for each stat.
    I'll just assume here it's the same for +4.

Community Member

bta +4 str tome
    bta +4 dex tome
    bta +4 con tome
    bta +4 int tome
    bta +4 wis tome
    bta +4 cha tome

That's incorrect. Unless something changed recently its a single tome. It's the UPGRADE that is actually 6 separate tomes.

Community Member

They kick in as you relevel through the LR/GR, so eating a +4 tome then LR/GRing gives you +1 at 3, +2 at 7, +3 at 11 and +4 at 15.
    The benefit of LR/GR/TRing with a +4 tome is that it is applied when you level up BEFORE it calculates your skill points. This is nice as you can get +2 skill points over eating a tome at level since you have to eat the tome AFTER you have chosen your skill points for that level.
    Flufty, Flufs, Fluffi, Fluffit

It was my understanding that the 3 to 4 upgrade was a full set of bta upgrades as well, however, when I went to test this it would not let me buy it as I already had a +4 tome used. So it appears that it only gets you one tome that increases all stats, not one per stat that you can moved around between toons in shard bank.
    -Die (teh_troll's unofficial legal counsel)
    Captain’s Crew of Ghalanda
    Characters: Diemmak – Dimack – Dianotherday – Dieinafire – Elieath – Inonelite – Nowyoudie - LivenletDie - DIhard

NM with the upgrade you do get a full set, you simply can't purchase them on a character that has one or more +4 tome. I was able to buy the upgrades on a new toon and place them in my shared bank to use between my characters as I wanted.
    -Die (teh_troll's unofficial legal counsel)
    Captain’s Crew of Ghalanda
    Characters: Diemmak – Dimack – Dianotherday – Dieinafire – Elieath – Inonelite – Nowyoudie - LivenletDie - DIhard

Community Member

I can verify. I have used 4 of the +3 Ultimate Tomes and 5 upgrade to +4 ultimate tomes (of various starting levels) (8 primary characters). Each has been a single some with all 6 stats updated upon reading them just like the prior ultimate tomes before.

Oh and there are two types of upgrades. Upgrades to single stats and upgrades to all stats. I have used both (singles for my mules adding like str) and all stats (for my primaries).
    Last edited by TalieNeEllyll; 06-12-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: added paragraph

Downer.

Thanks much for the correction, I added an edit to the post where I said it came as a collection.

bta +4 str tome
    bta +4 dex tome
    bta +4 con tome
    bta +4 int tome
    bta +4 wis tome
    bta +4 cha tome

EDIT: It appears that this is only true for upgrade tomes, like "supreme +3 to +4." Reports later in this thread indicate that an actual supreme +4 tome (not an upgrade from +3) is just a single tome that applies +4 to all stats.

I can also confirm the +3 to +4 'Supreme' is actually a tome bundle (best deal of the bunch for players with multiple upper level characters that may have already eaten any combination of tomes already).

Maybe rename it as a Tome Combo vs. Supreme tome? I'll just continue to think of it as Combo #5 for my own amusement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast