Founder

Default No Name in Chat?

In game just now I noted someone using foul language in trade. I was going to look up the character but also noted that there was no name visible. There was a blank space where the name should be but when I clicked on it I got nothing.

Is this a hack or is there a legitimate way to "turn off" your name in chat?

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    In game just now I noted someone using foul language in trade. I was going to look up the character but also noted that there was no name visible. There was a blank space where the name should be but when I clicked on it I got nothing.

Is this a hack or is there a legitimate way to "turn off" your name in chat?
    I have noticed this in a couple of groups I was in also their name was blank in group chat.

Founder

My initial thought was that there might be a character set (like the foreign language characters) that DDO doesn't know how to process so it just doesn't display. However I would think you would still get the brackets with a blank inside. And you would still be able to click on it and get the normal options (invite, report, etc.). But in my case there weren't even any brackets.