Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Default Questions: downgrading VIP to premium (to afford xpack if they beef up owlbears enoug

If they beef up the owlbears enough I might go ahead and purchase the expansion, but If so I'm going to cancel my VIP for at least 6 months to afford the cost (limited income.) Right now it looks like they're only going to beef up some of the Owlbears' defenses, but I'm willing to wait and see. (I'm also preparing for the fact that Turbine may now be providing their adventure packs as "expansions", removing a key feature of VIPs.)

(Side note to Turbine: there's a -lot- of us in this market, don't just look at the e-z money droppers...)

When I go premium, I plan to have/had both MOTU prepurchase collectors and this new legendary and all the adventures/races/whatever that come/came with them.

If I go premium, can someone who knows off the top of their head save me a lot of time and answer these:

As a premium with legendary purchase I will have a total of at least 7 (4+3) character slots, right? (plus any I bought)

How much overall favor to unlock FVS or where do I find it?

How much overall favor to unlock Drow or where to find it?

I know I have to purchase Warforged...(I dont have Helves or Horcs)

How much cannith favor to unlock artificer or where do I find it?

Whats an easy way to tell what adventure packs I would need to buy (without just using an F2P charcter to see the store and tryihng to figure out which were F2P?)

I've got all shared bank, I assume I'd have to buy 20 more?

If I buy the expansion and the legendary how much does my premium get for ingame support OR can I always file support tickets anyway forever?

I can live without opening first time on hard/elite, the 10% movement or XP bonus, some little things.

Got a pile of challenge tokens burning a hole in my pocket, but no new challenges with Xpack, right?

Any other -major- issues I missed?

Thanks!

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

One Major Issue :

I have a friend that downgraded to Premium because his card expired... Just after he bought the Shadowfell Conspiracy, that was two weeks ago... right now he can't enter anything ( yes he has a MoTU Collector, so he should be able to enter most of the Eberron stuff, but he can't ) except Shadowfell... Yesterday in Eveningstar he had red icons all over the place except on the 3 questgivers from Shadowfell.

Yes he has contacted Turbine ( from Europe it's not easy to to it beyond through mail ) and he hasn't heard from them... That was two weeks ago...

( I already told him that to get things sorted he'd have to phone them... though, I'm worried that this mess is going to be the last straw for him )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Yes, a premium with the Legendary XP add on gets 4+3+ whatever you buy slots.

Most of your other answers are on the ddowiki, such as Favor unlocks here: http://ddowiki.com/page/Favor#Total_Favor and adventure packs http://ddowiki.com/page/Adventure_Packs
    Last edited by Citzen_Gkar; 06-11-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Community Member

Ah that favor page is great, I did give the wiki a try, obviously not hard enough.

So on the second page, that includes all P2P quests (except this latest expansion) so if I take that entire list, subtract whatever came with the MOTU expansion, I have a list of all remaining qests I can choose to purchase (obviously by adventure pack, which is listed in one of the linked pages.)

That way I can check to see how far my amassed TP and TP I get with the expansion would go.

Thanks! Any other advice greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    Yes, a premium with the Legendary XP add on gets 4+3+ whatever you buy slots.

Most of your other answers are on the ddowiki, such as Favor unlocks here: http://ddowiki.com/page/Favor#Total_Favor and adventure packs http://ddowiki.com/page/Adventure_Packs

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    [...]
    If I go premium, can someone who knows off the top of their head save me a lot of time and answer these:

As a premium with legendary purchase I will have a total of at least 7 (4+3) character slots, right? (plus any I bought)
    It is more like 8 character slots instead of 7 if you buy before August 19, 2013. 7 + 1 more for the Bladeforged bonus slot, which can be used for any character.

How much overall favor to unlock FVS or where do I find it?
    2500 total favor. Google on "DDO wiki favor".

How much overall favor to unlock Drow or where to find it?
    400 total favor. Same place, DDO wiki favor.

I know I have to purchase Warforged...(I dont have Helves or Horcs)

How much cannith favor to unlock artificer or where do I find it?
    150 Cannith favor. Same place

Whats an easy way to tell what adventure packs I would need to buy (without just using an F2P charcter to see the store and tryihng to figure out which were F2P?)
    Just logged in after you switched. Go to the [Account]->[Adventure Packs]. Anything that is listed there are the packs that you don't have.

I've got all shared bank, I assume I'd have to buy 20 more?
    Yes, for the basic 20 that doesn't come with premium.

If I buy the expansion and the legendary how much does my premium get for ingame support OR can I always file support tickets anyway forever?
    $1.00 - 15 days
    $14.99 - 30 days
    $30.00 - 90 days
    $60.00 - 180 days
    $100.00 - 365 days

So, for the options you selected, it will be half a year of support. $10 more spent will get you a full year of support.

I can live without opening first time on hard/elite, the 10% movement or XP bonus, some little things.
    You can open hard/elite if you TR two times or more. The 10% movement and 10% XP bonus cannot be recuperated with a premium account unless you do XP potions or XP tomes of learning.

Got a pile of challenge tokens burning a hole in my pocket, but no new challenges with Xpack, right?
    Not with Expansion Pack 2: Shadowfell Conspiracy AFAIK.

Any other -major- issues I missed?

Thanks!
    Also, druids and monks are not Free for premiums and they cannot be earned via favor.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member

I appreciate your taking the time to answer.

As for the $ spent for support, I'd read that on the Wiki as well, but it was phrased in such a way that led me to believe it was only $$$ spent on Turbine Point purchases rather than on anything DDO at all, which was what led me to ask the question.

As for the adventure packs, yes, I agree that after I downgrade it will become apparent what I don't own, I was just thinking aloud trying to gauge the merit of making the move. I think I've got enough info now from the wiki for that.

In the past, people had enumerated the "cost" of going premium and I was just wondering if anyone had updated figures -guess I'll go generate some!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    It is more like 8 character slots instead of 7 if you buy before August 19, 2013. 7 + 1 more
    for the Bladeforged bonus slot, which can be used for any character.

2500 total favor. Google on "DDO wiki favor".

400 total favor. Same place, DDO wiki favor.

150 Cannith favor. Same place

Just logged in after you switched. Go to the [Account]->[Adventure Packs]. Anything that is listed there are the packs that you don't have.

Yes, for the basic 20 that doesn't come with premium.

$1.00 - 15 days
    $14.99 - 30 days
    $30.00 - 90 days
    $60.00 - 180 days
    $100.00 - 365 days

So, for the options you selected, it will be half a year of support. $10 more spent will get you a full year of support.

You can open hard/elite if you TR two times or more. The 10% movement and 10% XP bonus cannot be recuperated with a premium account unless you do XP potions or XP tomes of learning.

Not with Expansion Pack 2: Shadowfell Conspiracy AFAIK.

Also, druids and monks are not Free for premiums and they cannot be earned via favor.

This no support you guys are talking about, thats just the 'highest tier' of support, ya? Higher priority, I'm guessing.
    I'd have a hard time believing you wont get support if you overstay your free to play welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    1337 x Pi = 80081E5

Personallu, I wouldn't pay a subscription for any game these days, which isn't to say I haven't sunk a fair amount of money into this game but I've done so taking advantage of sales and buying only what I really want and/or need so now as a premium member I think I have most if not quite all of what I need to level a character all the way to the end. There seems to be this idea floating around the subscribers that they are a better class of gamer than all the f2p scum, but I've paid for the content I want from the game and will continue to do so as long as DDO remains a viable product and I feel as invested in the game as they seem to be. In a lot of ways I think premium is superior to so-called VIP.

Quote Originally Posted by khamastus View Post
    This no support you guys are talking about, thats just the 'highest tier' of support, ya? Higher priority, I'm guessing.
    I'd have a hard time believing you wont get support if you overstay your free to play welcome.
    No, it means no support. You don't even have the option to file a support ticket. Which isn't unreasonable, if you don't pay anything why should you get support?

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    If they beef up the owlbears enough I might go ahead and purchase the expansion
    You guys are all missing the key part of the OPs post.

"IF they beef up the owlbears"

The owlbears need a lot of work to become viable. Saves, defensive abilities, dps... the list goes on.

I'm honestly shocked that turbine would release the legendary upgrade with a broken hireling like this. and its really the only thing worth paying for out of all of the expansion/upgrade options.

what the hell were they thinking? anyone?
    Dorian

Ok, first off, you do indeed get support and can file tickets and bug reports if you are premium. You are already premium since you were/are VIP. Anyone who pays as little as $8 EVER is premium.

Second: You can view what packs you will need to purchase now, by opening the DDO Store, clicking off the "filter for character" button, then going to account, adventure packs, etc. When I went premium, I made a list with costs of packs, then prioritized what I knew I needed first and worst. Then I purchased the remainder with earned TP. It can be done. It is just not super fast. Favor farming other servers is a tried and true method of getting enough TP for at least one good pack(or 2 less expensive options.) My server often has people doing 100 point favor runs in the LFMs. I have one slot for just this. I reroll a toon there as soon as I hit 100 favor so I will be ready if I have some unexpected free time.

Third: Shared bank. If you have not purchased shared bank, you will certainly need to. Shared bank does not come automatically with premium. You will lose all shared bank space that you did not already purchase. This includes shared plat acct. I would prioritize the shared item bank. You can always ask a buddy to hold plat for you until you switch toons.

Fourth: Before making the change, I would look at all your characters and figure out who you are keeping, then strip the others of plat and goodies.

Fifth: FVS is 2500 total favor. Drow is 400 total favor. All favor counts. Get it everywhere. You should have quite a bit of favor on one or more of your toons.(you should already have Drow unlocked.) Choose the highest favor toon that is easiest to play and go for it. There are many, many people who for whatever reason missed favor of some quests, so do post an LFM. Cannith favor for Arti is all quests/raids on elite and all challenges on highest star, IIRC.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    what the hell were they thinking? anyone?
    Seriously, you need an answer?

$$

They have a fair number of people who can't even log on anymore after the latest patch, and when you let Turbine know, you get something like this

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    We use Awesomium as our embedded browser. Just like Google Chrome, it creates child processes for robustness, so if one browser instance crashes, it shouldn’t crash the entire game client. In the past, we’ve had Awesomium set to run in single-process mode inside of our game to reduce confusion about the external processes. However, we discovered a bug where the browser (and by extension, the web store) would stop working if the URL got too long and we were running Awesomium in single-process mode. So we switched it to multi-process mode to address this issue. The browser is consuming the same amount of resources as before, it’s just doing it in separate processes instead of all being rolled into dndclient.exe. Using the task manager to kill the awesomium processes will crash your game client.
    The game is pretty much descending into mass chaos, and we are about to get a total reworking of the heroic enhancement system, apparently concurrent with the latest expansion.

At least the forums work now. Sorta.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by susiedupfer View Post
    Ok, first off, you do indeed get support and can file tickets and bug reports if you are premium. You are already premium since you were/are VIP. Anyone who pays as little as $8 EVER is premium.
    Yes, any purchase makes you Premium but support is limited to WHEN you purchased and HOW MUCH:

Customer Service: Full for a number of days after a purchase of Turbine Points (posted 03-12-2010, 09:03 AM):
    $1.00 - 15 days
    $14.99 - 30 days
    $30.00 - 90 days
    $60.00 - 180 days
    $100.00 - 365 days

From the wiki: http://ddowiki.com/page/Premium