Community Member

Default Setting to stop squirming at Node 2

It appears that either in U18 or U18 patch 1 somebody left a debug switch on.

In all three King's Forest flagging quests (just the first three) I have had NPCs (Ana, Zombies, miscellaneous other mobs) say "Setting to stop squirming at Node 2" or "Setting to backup at Node 4".

The text appears both in general chat and above the NPC's head, in the NPC's 'name color'

I am pretty sure that these are both debug code items to show AI script executing, and that the code lines just had their removal (or 'commenting out') missed.

It was funny the first couple of times, but it appears to be in all the first three King's Forest quests. I don't think I saw it in the Battle for Eveningstar quest tho.

Anybody else?

(I tried to bug report it in-game, but that is "currently unavailable")

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    It appears that either in U18 or U18 patch 1 somebody left a debug switch on.

In all three King's Forest flagging quests (just the first three) I have had NPCs (Ana, Zombies, miscellaneous other mobs) say "Setting to stop squirming at Node 2" or "Setting to backup at Node 4".

The text appears both in general chat and above the NPC's head, in the NPC's 'name color'

I am pretty sure that these are both debug code items to show AI script executing, and that the code lines just had their removal (or 'commenting out') missed.

It was funny the first couple of times, but it appears to be in all the first three King's Forest quests. I don't think I saw it in the Battle for Eveningstar quest tho.

Anybody else?

(I tried to bug report it in-game, but that is "currently unavailable")
    Same thing with ana in CITW

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    Anybody else?
    Yep! Two CiTw's, both times in the last week Ana said that often.
    Whole raid group noticed it.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

...and remember Node 4 is in there, too.
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    Yep! Two CiTw's, both times in the last week Ana said that often.
    Whole raid group noticed it.
    it not just in CITW, she says it consistantly in the lost thread quest, and the priestesses say it often too (such as when they sacrifice someone in the battle of eveningstar), Im guessing that its the default dialog and something got mixed up in the pathing to their actual dialog.