Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No means no.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    I don't get the blind invites like I use to back in 2007 and then again in 2009. However, one way to avoid the blind invite when you are soloing a quest is to bring along a Hire and Park it at the door. As long as you are in a party they can't invite you. /Tell is another matter.
    Naw, that causes dungeon scaling.

I just accept those blind invites and then continue in the quest I'm doing. I just assume that they saw I was busy are someone I know who just wanted to chat. If that isn't the case, they can't kick me and I can't quit so they just lost a party slot due to harassing me.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I could rant about the people who try to get random strangers to come be their hjealer, but I won't. That's what I have the Anonymous function for, and a single polite tell is an annoyance I can put up with when I forget to go back to Anonymous.

But if you sent that single polite tell, and the person you were trying to get to come babysit your red bar says they are not interested, that's it. Done. Over.

When you send further messages to try to badger them into it, after they've already declined, you're just revealing yourself to be stupid and extremely rude. You're not going to change their mind, you're just going to tick them off.
    So, what are you really trying to say?

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

[QUOTE=Kevindithas;5020507

example:
    hey think you can come heal my party?
    -sorry I'm busy atm doing "insert w/e here"
    F**k you you piece of Sh*t you don't even know what you are doing.
    -o okay ya that makes sense I'll come heal.[/QUOTE]

I know right? LOL I think people just have this belief that the rest of us on the server with them are literally honestly only there to server them when they want us to, and lose their minds when we decline. They can't comprehend that it doens't matter what I'm doing, who I'm doing it with, or if I'm doing anything at all or not, no means no and as long as I don't want to group with you no amout of badgering, threatening, or cursing me out will alter that. But I do laugh at how much time they are wasting on doing those things to me instead of looking for someone who WILL do whatever. I don't think they comprehend that either.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

I could rant about the people who try to get random strangers to come be their hjealer, but I won't. That's what I have the Anonymous function for, and a single polite tell is an annoyance I can put up with when I forget to go back to Anonymous.

But if you sent that single polite tell, and the person you were trying to get to come babysit your red bar says they are not interested, that's it. Done. Over.

When you send further messages to try to badger them into it, after they've already declined, you're just revealing yourself to be stupid and extremely rude. You're not going to change their mind, you're just going to tick them off.
    response to random hjeal requests:
    "150 astral shards + 25 major mnemonic pots per run, up front. Fair warning, I'm the worst healer on the server."
    or
    "I'm a battle [cleric | FvS] and don't heal"

whatever floats your boat.

Don't get mad, get paid, or get some comedic value from their response before you squelch them

It's a game, have fun with it

Quote Originally Posted by Kevindithas View Post
    Trappers, casters and healers for me and the other day on one of my healers when I declined a random invite(through /tell) the guy started telling me off saying how he was better than me and what not (among other vulgar things) I couldn't believe it I mean what kind of logic dictates that someone should be more inclined to help you if you start insulting them when they say no.

example:
    -o okay ya that makes sense I'll come heal.
    In your example I'd respond "I know enough not to have to beg stupid strangers for hjeals"... 8^)
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

My personal favorite is when you have a LFM up and have only 2 classes requested CLR or FvS with the text simply stating "Looking for someone who doesn't mind healing others"

then you get a Divine who joins, you hand them a few Major pots before starting... just in case, then they proceed to basically pike the quest, and then they bail group right after you reach a point of no return...

guess they were teaching us a lesson???
    You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

100% same opinion here.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsickle View Post
    My personal favorite is when you have a LFM up and have only 2 classes requested CLR or FvS with the text simply stating "Looking for someone who doesn't mind healing others"

then you get a Divine who joins, you hand them a few Major pots before starting... just in case, then they proceed to basically pike the quest, and then they bail group right after you reach a point of no return...

No that is just jerk behavior. If I accept pots or something and agree to be in your group I will be the last one out even if it goes horribly wrong. I never accept things and then run off. I just refuse to be badgered into **** I don't wanna do.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

example:
    I dont know if others who doesnt have children can realize this, but this response above is from a child, what I sometimes see or hear, when my son and his mates are playing a game, even if their wording is never so rude.

Kids, especially young kids, talk and behave differently than adults in general, so after you have realized that its prolly one of them on the line, its up to you to decide if you wanna spend your questing time with a 10 year old, or rather do something else.

I mean obviously I dont mind kids, I often do quests with them, but I also realize that this is probably not what every adult wants to do.

Cogdoc

example:
    I hope you reported it as what it is (harassment) and a GM banned the guy for at least one month.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsickle View Post

No that was a really bad player, you should have basically give them the pots after the quest., if a cleric of fvs joins your group freely, they WILL heal you if you try to heal your self, otherwise get a hireling, the hireling would need no pots or bail on you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12