Default Epic Tear of D'hakaan

Great quest, good length, named loot is already there... been hearing people wanting it to be epic for years, finally had enough and decided to do something about it (i.e. this post).

While I agree with the idea, I would prefer if they made Tempest Spine into an epic raid first.

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

/signed on the principle of yes it's a great quest etc.

However...

/not signed!

Fix the bugs in the game and bring about some heavy duty quality of life fixes before releasing more new buggy content.

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    /signed on the principle of yes it's a great quest etc.

However...

/not signed!

Fix the bugs in the game and bring about some heavy duty quality of life fixes before releasing more new buggy content.

Stoner81.
    Agreed, ddo needs qol patches in a bad way. If nothing is done, ddo might soon need to go to a hospice, and we know what comes after that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lauf View Post
    Great quest, good length, named loot is already there... been hearing people wanting it to be epic for years, finally had enough and decided to do something about it (i.e. this post).
    Quests under L10 I'd love to see Epicified:

-Tear of Dhakaan...lots of optionals, good pacing
    -Irestone Inlet...also good pacing, and lots of chests
    -Haverdasher...make it a purple-named Scorpion, maybe a few new adds...just one really killer tough fight.
    -Kobold's Ringleader...lots of fun miniboss fights, and a boss that's surprisingly challenging at-level
    -Deneith Sewers...LOTS of mob variety between the four would translate well into Epic for added difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Quests under L10 I'd love to see Epicified:
    • Assault on Slinsterskull. But as a pair of pre-raid and raid. First you go into the outer fortress, and cover all objectives of the first five quests (Kill X hobgoblins, release 5 prisoners, kill the tacticians, destroy whisperdoom's eggs, and find the key to the inner fortress). After completing this part, you jump into the inner fortress, deliver the poison to the spy on the central shaft, and go kill the shaman, because his totem allow chief yarkuch to be immortal. After destroying the totem, you can go into the elemental cave for a purple-named Earth Elemental that guards an extra epic chest. Then, you kill the final boss ans rejoice.
    • Tempest Spine, because it is the third best raid DDO ever made (first one is shroud, second is VoN 5)
    • Stormcleave Outpost. Big, with varied enemies, and the boss mechanic is already semi-raidic. It can be expanded, with respawning mephits on epic.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

While I do agree it's a fun quest, and so is the tempest spine, I'd personally rather see NEW content that I don't know backwards and frontwards above all else. Stuff I haven't done at least 100 times between 29 toons and their tr lives.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    While I do agree it's a fun quest, and so is the tempest spine, I'd personally rather see NEW content that I don't know backwards and frontwards above all else. Stuff I haven't done at least 100 times between 29 toons and their tr lives.
    This, for sure. I don't want to fight "Epic" kobolds, rats, hobgoblins and orcs in identical quest content. I want new epic only quests with actual epic mobs. I agree totally however that I would like to see these quests tied into the content we quested through as we reached epic levels, rather than all in FR area.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    What if the question was 5 old quests "epicified" or 1 new epic-level quest? Its a lot easier to upgrade stuff than to build something from scratch. Besides, even new quests are only new once.

Quote Originally Posted by HGM-Chi View Post
    I want new epic only quests with actual epic mobs.
    Eh...all mobs are essentially just fields of variables with a skin. What makes a mob an "epic mob"? Epic level casters will still have epic level spellbooks regardless if they're kobolds or devils, epic hobgoblins and orcs can use tactical feats against you just as well as epic drow...

Community Member

Default Epic Monsters

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Eh...all mobs are essentially just fields of variables with a skin. What makes a mob an "epic mob"? Epic level casters will still have epic level spellbooks regardless if they're kobolds or devils, epic hobgoblins and orcs can use tactical feats against you just as well as epic drow...
    To me there's still a huge difference between fighting a balor, pit fiend or archlich and fighting bloated paragon rats, spiders, bats and such with incredible amounts of HP, AC, resists and so on. Maybe it's just me, but credibility and flavour DO have an impact on my gameplay experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Gowenna_Stardust View Post
    To me there's still a huge difference between fighting a balor, pit fiend or archlich and fighting bloated paragon rats, spiders, bats and such with incredible amounts of HP, AC, resists and so on. Maybe it's just me, but credibility and flavour DO have an impact on my gameplay experience!
    And yet, people are fighting CR 50 common trolls, orcs, gnolls and hobgoblins in eGH. And before that, we were fighting CR 50 road bandits, wild wolves, and brown spiders. I don't see a problem on Epic Carnival or Epic Sentinel or Epic Druid's Deep because story-wise they are heroic quests that happens to have an epic mode for endgamers. But High Road and eGH have their own storyline, and have this level by themselves. This really blows.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.