Default A Question About Handwraps

For years I have heard about hand wraps being bugged one way or another. Not having a Monk Ive never really understood the issue, but I have been told that part of the problem is with the coding in that they are a two handed weapon treated as a one handed. (or maybe vice-versa?) If this is the case then why not slit them up and instead of a "pair" of wraps each one is individual?
    Dontbleed----Velvetelvis----Bleedout----Whatsina
    Synergia
    Argo

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

I think its mainly crafted handwraps that are bugged but I hadnt heard what you said being the problem I heard that they weren't be counted as weapons at all for somethings. In any case I haven't noticed to many problems from my handwraps but maybe I am just oblivious

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

As I understand it handwraps were coded 'completely differently' then other things in the game. Not really weapons, they would impart abilities upon their user that would then be applied to unarmed attacks. So they had buggy interactions. Also from what I understand there has been some 'recoding' in the last few updates to make them behave more like normal equipment.

I cannot say whether that transition is complete or not, as most of the 'bugs' were interactions with other pieces of equipment that my monk does not have, or limited to crafted handwraps (or such).

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Handwraps are an extension of the monk. NOT melee weapons. they needed to be coded differently.
    That being said. They work fine now. Yes, there were issues. And there are some bugs that show up now and then. but my monks seem to be perfectly happy with their handwraps currently.

Exactly what do you think is bugged about them
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Handwraps are an extension of the monk. NOT melee weapons. they needed to be coded differently.
    That being said. They work fine now. Yes, there were issues. And there are some bugs that show up now and then. but my monks seem to be perfectly happy with their handwraps currently.

I agree, handwraps on my monk appear to be working just fine, including those I've crafted (+5 Metalline of Pure Good to name one set).
    There is no free lunch.

The only bug I've noticed involving Handwraps recently is pretty minor. I have an oddball Druid/Monk and when I cast a Druid weapon spell onto my Ghost Touch handwraps...I lose my Ghost Touch. I have to swap wraps (which removes the weapon spell) and back again to regain the Ghost Touch property.

I haven't bothered really nailing down the bug since it's so minor. Perhaps they would remove Ghost Touch from all weapons. Maybe they bug out on just Handwraps and can remove other properties along with Ghost Touch. I'm sure the billions of Druid/Monks out there are furious!
    Orien Player: Semirasai, ~3~ L28 Drow Wizard :: Kaethe, ~5~ L13 Halfling Barb/Bard/Rog :: Esthera, ~2~ L26 Human Favored Soul
    Sophiae, L20 Drow Bard :: Kitarina, L20 Half-Orc Fighter :: Aadia, L20 Half-Elf Sorcerer :: Olesia, ~2~ L15 Sun Elf Cleric/Monk

Quote Originally Posted by SemiraLynn View Post
    The only bug I've noticed involving Handwraps recently is pretty minor. I have an oddball Druid/Monk and when I cast a Druid weapon spell onto my Ghost Touch handwraps...I lose my Ghost Touch. I have to swap wraps (which removes the weapon spell) and back again to regain the Ghost Touch property.

I haven't bothered really nailing down the bug since it's so minor. Perhaps they would remove Ghost Touch from all weapons. Maybe they bug out on just Handwraps and can remove other properties along with Ghost Touch. I'm sure the billions of Druid/Monks out there are furious!
    We have a few Drunks in guild, I'll check with them if I spot one and remember to ask about Ghost Touch disappearing when weapon buffs are added.
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member

Not all the bugs are gone. Some are still around and they can be pretty serious. For example, there is still a problem with some handwraps interacting with a ToD ring. Sometimes I have to unequip my named wraps (Grave wrappings, Ivy Wraps, Mabar wraps) and re-equip them in order to get the holy damage from my ring. Sometimes I have to remove the ring and re-equip it in order for the holy to work. Also, I have not been able to get my ToD ring to work properly with 2 sets of random loot wraps that I was really looking forward to using. I have a set of Banishing of absolute law and a set of Holy of Absolute Law....neither of them will work properly no matter how many times I un-equip or re-equip my stuff. I will get the Holy Burst on a crit, but neither of them will give me the regular Holy on every hit.

Also, I was running a guild Shroud the other day and one of my guildies was running something on his druid that was buggering my holy damage. Can't remember what it was though...it's a known issue though. Look around the forums and I'm sure you will find it.

Community Member

Unless it has been changed, I seem to recall that a number of on-hit procs given by equipment don't work when you use wraps. Things like crippling, the construct fort-reduction from blasting chime, destruction, etc.

Which, depending on your perspective, may be a bug or a feature.
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Impact handwraps don't trigger at all. That's kind of a bug.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

I've been dealing with a bug on all of my named handwraps that have augment slots recently on my AA.
    For some odd reason, occasionally when I cast the level 2 Arti buff "Elemental Weapons" all my augment slot suddenly stop applying, as well as all other damage modifiers(holy, flaming burst, blahblahblah). It's made me lose a ton of DPS in some situations and is really quite annoying.

I've noticed that this bug seems to happen when/if you attack a mob who is immune to elemental damage. And for whatever reason I guess that carries over to the next mob you attack? Not 100% sure, and haven't done any testing since I'm working on my sorcs TR atm.

I will say I haven't noticed a problem when another Arti in the parti gives me weapon buffs outside of elemental weapons.
    Maybe it's just that spell that is bugged?
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

I thought you were dead! O.o
    Nope...just unable to log into the forums for a *really* long time.