by the way, It's totally away from the game development line you're doing I think, but I'd like to say what's my and my friends' pet peeve.
First Korean and some languages are not able to be typed at DDO, while Russian and Greek are able ironically. All letters except for English(of course), Russian, Greek will appear as "????", you can see the screenshot above.
Currently, You advertise DDO at Google, and many (English natives and) non-English users can see them. but they'd turn off their interest if they knew they can't converse each other well at the game. I think It's not the intention the game manager want to make by doing the advertisement.
We've played almost 6 years, but We'd like to take a least minimum comfortability, or know a hope you'd patch it for us. We don't want translation, just we want the font we can talk each other. I'd like to know wheather you'll gonna add the new font for foreigners or not.
It's the post I wrote. I didn't wrote about other foreign language, but It's same problem of them. I'd like to know what you would think about this.
Last edited by Targal; 06-13-2013 at 03:50 AM.
1. Don't nerf my multi-classing genius with inflated AP costs of enhancements across multiple classes.
1. TOD Ring <Insert choice> Burst borks out crafted <Insert same Element choice> Handwraps, still. Years after this fairly significant bug was discovered. Aka Holy Burst Ring and crafted Holy Handwraps.
2. Quarterstaff's don't proc Doublestrikes off Cleave-style attacks. Great Cleave/Whirlwind/Lay Waste etc. All other THF weapons do.
3. Quarterstaff's don't proc Doublestrikes off Glancing Blows. All other THF weapons do.
4. Improved Feint - Un-usable due to Bluff Proc delay on Activation, and interruption bugs with proccing the Bluff effect.
5. Don't let the new Epic TR system suck all my capped destiny XP away.
The Theorybuild AuthorOfficer of Ghallanda Re-Rolled
Please don't give foes saving throws vs our energy drain spells.
2). Stop removing Inspire Courage from my hotbars every-time my bard switches a destiny.
3). Stop Inspire Courage and other bard songs from turning off Autoattack
4). Increase Heroic Commendation drop rates in CitW to more closely match FoT.
Lolth's hit area being the one I'm most concerned with... new players don't realize they aren't hitting and it is hard to explain to them because it is counter-intuitive -- it only makes sense that you would be hitting. The result is that you spend half the fight looking for a good spot to actually connect blows and the raid becomes that much more monotonous.
EDIT: Regarding Heroic Commendations, I've had far far too many EN CitW where neither I nor 3 of my friends got any comms... comparatively EN FoT gives me a comm every time. Yes, I realize there is a chance for 2 comms in EN CitW... but that doesn't do much for me when 90% of my runs don't net any comms at all.
Last edited by esheep; 06-13-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Personally I love the slew of SLA, who doesn't like pells with Free Meta's and on top of that reduced spell points, awesome! (of course in the current system only Sorc's and Wizzies would be aware of these). The variety and build potentials are much better than what we have now. If the level limits per tier don't change much, I can see some very interesting deep splash builds happening.
Guild renown decay sucks.
* There are some enhancements important to some classes that have disappeared, like Haste boost for fighters, devotion for rangers (though it was stated they would come back), a part of the DCs for kensei, a part of the PRR for defenders, healing amp for monks, etc.
* There are some incoherences within requirements, the SD being the most obvious because you need 6 fighter levels to get the stance while the enhancements affecting it are available to level 1-5.
* Some enhancements that were coming in packages were too much spread among different enhancements. Again, SD comes to mind as you need 6 different enhancements to get what the single PrE was giving. It feels like you didn't know what else to put in the tree...
* While there are some very good ideas in some PrE (kensei, tempest, mechanic for example), some others really lack imagination, mostly the ones that only get the benefits of the old PrE but spread into a lot of different enhancements (SD and DoS, radiant servant for example). Many ideas were given in the lama threads. Maybe you should include more abilities working for the group (a bit like the new poisons), making group coordination more efficient than the sum of strong individual characters (which is the case atm).
* I can't see any incentive to do pure in the current state, except for some specific builds (DC casters, assassins). The autogranted powers (which are not autogranted...) are much too weak in general.
* We shouldn't compare to what we have today, but more between the different options in the future system. However, it's a bit hard to do with many PrE still missing.
Why have decay would probably be a better question. I see no good reason to maintain it.Guild Decay
Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )
Tone down guild decay but stop the huge bloat guilds from abusing the system by limiting any guilds with over 100 members to level 70.
Another topic I am late to the party...
Load Screens galore
When you first create a character in DDO off you go to Shipwreck Shore, spend two minutes with Jeets up the hill to Celimas and first load screen, five minutes later another load screen, sixty seconds later another load screen, ttwo to four minutes later another load screen, than another load screen and .....
I figure in the first hour you play DDO you see 20 to 25 loading screens. While that is not always the case there are way to many of them in DDO, considering that Turbine use Dynamic Layers in LotRO and other technologies in AC and AC2 this technology needs to be brought to DDO.
Too many people I have introduced the game to have left because what fun is it to stare at loading screens on a three year old computer.
Loading screens in quests for no real apparent reason. When you run the Collaborator you have a loading screen halfway through the quest to go to the cellar, while this was just a quick way to reusing older zones/locales it drives me nuts. The Lords of Dust, The Grotto, caves in the Cerulean Hills, Tangleroot Gorge, ....
Quests in the wrong location
Your level 1 and 2 quests should be Korthos, either Village or Island. Your level 3 and 4 quests in Stormreach Harbor, Cerulean Hills, your level level 5 and 6 quests in the Stormreach Market Place.
Right now many quests aren't run because they are just in a bad location. The location of many quests need to be rationalized.
An example at "The Sunken Sewer" and "Missing in Action" I could almost be totally happy with them in the Harbor, but in Marketplace they are easily missed by newer players looking for quests until they are out leveled them once they get to the market place.
Wow that quest took me sixty seconds
Especially in Korthos and Stormreach Harbor many of the short quests well are TOO short, I can think of at least a dozen quests that take under two minutes that should be looked at. A couple of them have longer loading screens.
That quests gives HOW MUCH xp?
Almost every quest in the game either gives way to little XP or way to much XP for the level of difficulty. Almost every quests needs to be looked at the XP rationalized. Bonus XP needs to be up and more XP should be given if you take the long way through a quest.
We need more adventure areas
Adventure Areas give the world size and scope. People right now complain that DDO is way to small of a world(s), while I don't totally agree it sure would make selling the game to other easier (the question would become did that ship already sail).
An example adding a zone roughly the same size of Korthos Island called the Korthos Highlands (Level 2) with three medium length quests that is accessible through Korthos island (sunnyside) using Dynamic Layers.
Another Example would be adding the Twilight Mountains as an addition to the Vale of Twilight (I would also relocate Meridia) again equal sized to Vale of Twlight with five quests at level 17.
I would also expand the Adventure Areas in Reaver's Reach and add a series of quest (ala Fire Caves) in each zone.
I am one of those people who don't mind dropping $200 for a year on multiple DDO subscriptions not a big deal, equivalent to less than two nights out with the family (and less than 1/2 of what I spent at a major theme park this week for one day). That being said.
Last edited by GoldyGopher; 06-14-2013 at 02:29 PM.
1) Most of the forumites are not so active players, so obviously they don't like decay.
2) The original guild decay was well thought and well done (the true decay means that not every guild should be able to get lvl 100, but at the current decay rate EVERY large guild = lvl 100, eventually).
3) More large guilds = Less pug runs = Less LMF's = Death of the game
4) Who likes the fact that you need more xp when you TR a first lifer?
Is is a good thing? Yes.
Similar thing is for renown decay, i.e. nobody will say that they like it, despite it's a good thing for the game.
5) If decay is to be removed then guild levels will have no meaning since all guilds will be lvl 100 eventually.
Moreover, this can be abused:
a group of active friends join a guild and get it to lvl 100, then drop that guild and join other guild, etc.
Actually this might become even this: <player> in harbor tells you: please join my guild, help our guild get lvls, you are in lvl 100 so don't waste renown please.
While a rework of XP or locations for some quests would work wonder, more waytime in area zones would not be liked by a vast majority of players.
The second standpoint is fixing any one of my pet peeves individually doesn't solve all the problems many of my pet peeves need to be coupled together.
Using your example of 3BC.
When 3BC was first re-released I wrote a long response about a number of problems (there originally was two entry points) but being as large as it is all the quests were picked up in the same place so you had to run for several minutes or swim for several minutes to get to the quest once you picked it up. I wrote how many of the quest givers need to be closer to the quest entrance. And I am not a big fan of progressive quests in the first place. I also think the XP for Slayer and Rares need to be upped in this zone.
In addition the XP on the quest in 3BC are too low for the amount of time and effort a player must put into them.
Like the Kings Forest the landscape is too large for the number of quests in the zone, 3BC could easily accommodate twice as many quests (second adventure pack maybe) and not feel crowded.
So if you bring the XP up, move the quest givers (and Shrines), and add a couple more quests you get a zone that should be run a lot more by a far more people.
EDIT on Khyber at 3PM local time (I think that is 10 PM in Europe) there are 5 LFMs up for Adventure Areas and 3 more doing adventure areas until the party fills.
Last edited by GoldyGopher; 06-14-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Enhancements - Some of the costs are WAY out of line with their usefulness. 5hp is NOT worth 2 points. +1 AC is NOT worth 2 points, not even worth 1 point. 3 AC is worth 1 point...5hp is worth 1 point....just get the points balanced correctly and it should be a much better system.
Guild Decay - is pretty much not needed...just let guilds spend renown on stuff...that would be sweet.
XP - should be balanced for the amount of time it takes to complete the quest with an average party on normal as the basis...some quests are EXTREMELY hard and give total **** xp (the entire Harbinger of Madness quest line, Threnal, and most quests L17-19)
TR xp curve - is really steep...50% more on 2nd life and over double needed for 3rd and beyond...just increase it by 10% for each life until it hits 100% extra and let it max there.
Buffs that always are removed by teleports include:
- Favored soul angel of vengeance Archon
- Archer's focus stacks (actually, I have not tested this since the latest archer's focus change, since the stacks build up so much faster after losing them I haven't cared as much)
- So many abilities that charge up epic moments. Fey favor from shiradi, the counters when you vorpal for unbridled fury, the tactical feat uses for master's blitz, the everything is nothing charges, and probably more of these.
It gets a little annoying, having to burn 20 SP to resummon my archon every teleport, or knowing I can't charge up an epic moment if we have to go through a portal soon...
-Too many separate trees, Race and base class enhancements should be in the trunk of the main tree with prestiges being branches of the main tree..
Guild Decay sucks because ...
- Guild renown needs to be based on the individual players since players select renown as end rewards and enhance them with pots and whatever other means to advance renown.
- A player who leaves a guild or is removed from a guild loses all their renown... this is BS, the player earned the renown and should take at least half of this renown with them.
-Players who want to reform a guild or regroup a guild lose all renown and start with nothing.. (BS .. as above )
- Renown and decay needs to be changed so that it sticks with the player and the players activities, .. a casual player in a guild who logs in but doesn't run any quests costs the guild decay
-I have posted about this in other threads so no point rehashing .. read our posts.
Failure to finish the work in the core game system while bringing out new levels, iconics, and Epic ? TR's
Enhancement pass isn't even out of alpha let alone in a stable form and you already have this..
Epic destinies are still rough, Prestiges are still missing.
Augments are still incomplete
Crafting has been dead in the water for almost a year.
Skins are still BS.. where is the LOTRO style skins.
Items that invalidate class abilities.. for example Ranger Barkskin doesn't stack with everything , and is weaker than items., Paladin AC Aura is essentially worthless with AC changes, .. Every Class needs to bring stacking unique buffs to any party that are desirable but not mandatory to group success.
Font choices in new forum... what the x were you thinking... grey on grey light grey on white... who proofs this shtuff before go live
Theres more,, but can no longer be bothered to continue before I get logged out after 5 minutes again and have to retype...
Get the feeling that someone is handing jobs out by the day and whatever gets done is done and marked complete... move on to the next project, don't bother finishing anything.
Last edited by JOTMON; 06-14-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..
Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
Remove guild decay or give me a good reason why have it.
If you reason is not to have lvl 100 guilds everywhere, then why we have lvl 25 chars everywhere, lets make xp decay too, you lose 1k x lvl xp per day.
This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.Reload