Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    Community Member

Just want to add my bit to this:

Quote Originally Posted by krzyysiek098 View Post
    1) Don’t get rid of fast recalling (when you click "Recall" button and move) – no, it’s not a bug, it’s a feature. People love it!
    I don't think that all of us love this 'feature'. While it makes farming a quest much more pleasing, it also is a last chance before dying in a quest which should not be supported. Also, as it is, you cannot stop it. I would want to see this fixed.
    9) “You are not facing …” bug
    Is it really a bug? I have learned to play around it and think it might just be the overall bigger latency of this game causing this problem. With that in mind you can guess where the monster should be now and shoot there. At least for me this works great. What about you or did i just miss something here?
    11) Increase lvl 18-20 quest XP - TRing is a pain here
    But please increase the xp from the quest which are not commonly done by now.
    13) Make a guild renown sigil an addition to item reward at quest giver in epic quests (item + renown, not item OR renown)
    14) For old epic raids add a special token – when you have 20 of those, you can turn them in for a list of 5-6 random shards of epic items from that adventure pack
    16) Guild buff timers should pause in public areas (like potion timers)
    17) Make a high level guild shrines that last for 2 hours (eg. tier 3 of ability shrines: +2 to stat, 2 hours)
    18) New airship amenities - PRR shrine (small hookpoint), Cannith Crafting deconstruction device, teleport (both large), etc.
    \signed
    19) A new airship crewmate – applies all ship buffs after talking to him
    Not necessary.
    21) Airship Planescaler allows trips to Amrath and Eveningstar (after completing flagging quests)
    Is it possible to travel to Eveningstar with an airship? I don't have much knowledge about DnD but i thought the Forgotten Realms are like part of another world?
    25) Cannith Crafting – add some more high level recipes, eg.:
    • returning arrows/bolts – like holy, adamantine, (greater) bane, … (doesn’t have to be 100% returning, 70% or even 50% will be OK);
    • +6, +7 enhancements;
    • double prefixes/suffixes (should be not less than lvl 180-185);
    • new properties, like cosmic, wailing, debilitation;
    • finally add missing properties – vorpal, banishing etc.
    Since there is no decrease in crafting xp everyone has the chance to reach the levels to be able to craft everything. If you add extremely powerful properties like vorpal, banishing to craft those weapon myself please also make it at least a +7 or +8 shard.
    26) Cannith Crafting – shared experience/crafting levels across all characters on the same server
    \not signed
    That's something i just don't see why we should have this. That's all.
    28) Sortable TR cache (by level, name)
    Oh dear lord, please
    31) Interface to “/quest” and “/quest completions”
    This would be great.
    32) Death penalty (XP) only applied to the character who died
    \not signed
    This only encourages zerging or leaving weak members of a party behind much more. I'd not want to see that. If a member dies the group has failed as a whole and therefore should be punished. If the one who died did it on purpose just ignore him the next time or add him to a black-list.
    34) I prefer finished and bug-free features and quests to released in time, but unpolished ones (last expansion pack and Epic Destinies come to my mind). Adjust your schedule to the progress of work please, people don’t like to pay for a beta-product. I never buy and play new content shortly after releasing because I learned that you release unfinished products (and it’s a pity, because most of this stuff is really fun after all, just full of bugs right after releasing).
    \signed
    I love this game despite all the flaws. But it makes me sad to see what's going on with the development and the consequences to many known players and friends.

Thank you for listening.
    Last edited by Netzteilhexer; 06-12-2013 at 07:00 AM.
    Sarlona: Borokorg, Midrina

Quote Originally Posted by Netzteilhexer View Post
    \not signed
    This only encourages zerging or leaving weak members of a party behind much more. I'd not want to see that. If a member dies the group has failed as a whole and therefore should be punished. If the one who died did it on purpose just ignore him the next time or add him to a black-list.
    But the other side of this is that it makes players less likely to want to group with new players who will just cost them 10%xp on a tr life that already needs a lot of xp and farming. Getting rid of it makes grouping more friendly for new players.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Addendum to pet peeves:

Please separate heroic and epic completions. I find it silly that I have to track what I did 20 levels ago to figure out what I am allowed to run.
    It's definitely an N-word.

- Enhancements: Please consider giving every existing character a True heart of wood.

- Guild Decay: Get rid of it - every guild should be able to reach level 100 in the long run.

- pet peeve:

Please rework the LFM and friends list. It's very annoying that these don't work as they should and are core elements that you work with every day.

Please consider removing the xp-penalty for repetitions in epic raids.
    Last edited by Firewall; 06-12-2013 at 06:53 AM.
    Shuricannon 2.0 Drow 20 Monk Thrower for DPS, Nethercannon Shadar-Kai 15 Pal/3 Monk/2 Rog Thrower for Past Lifes
    Shiradi Shuricannon Drow 20 Monk Thrower for Defense, Shiradi Warcannon Warforged 11 Wiz/6 Monk/3 Rog Thrower...Throwers for the win

I don't think that all of us love this 'feature'. While it makes farming a quest much more pleasing, it also is a last chance before dying in a quest which should not be supported. Also, as it is, you cannot stop it. I would want to see this fixed.
    Many people enjoyed it, but good to know that not everyone likes it. Maybe just give players a choice (2 buttons: quick and standard recall)?

Is it really a bug? I have learned to play around it and think it might just be the overall bigger latency of this game causing this problem. With that in mind you can guess where the monster should be now and shoot there. At least for me this works great. What about you or did i just miss something here?
    I know that it's caused partially by latency. Partially, because in one of the previous updates Turbine changed monster behavior, so they can move behind you to use it as their advantage (flanking to-hit bonus). While I find it somewhat "intelligent" and natural - it's also a PITA for me, because of my location vs. server location. By the time my action goes from EU to USA, monster location can change dramatically and I lose a chance to hit it, even if I know it SHOULD work (as far as my eyes are not broken), because when I made a shot it was way ahead of me. It's just frustrating, tho I can accept it as a part of an online game.

But please increase the xp from the quest which are not commonly done by now.
    Absolutely. No more incentives to farm Monastery even more please :-p

Is it possible to travel to Eveningstar with an airship? I don't have much knowledge about DnD but i thought the Forgotten Realms are like part of another world?
    If it doesn't make sense according to D&D rules - skip my idea. I thought of it as a convenience feature, I did not consider storylines etc.

Since there is decrease in crafting xp everyone has the chance to reach the levels to be able to craft everything. If you add extremely powerful properties like vorpal, banishing to craft those weapon myself please also make it at least a +7 or +8 shard.
    Just to clarify - when I was talking about high level recipes, I meant lvl 150+ ones. Give us a new goal :-)

\not signed
    That's something i just don't see why we should have this. That's all.
    Convenience. It takes too much time (IMO) switching between characters just to make some shards for your constantly levelling alts. It would make sense also because those shards are BtA - other chars will get them eventually anyways. So why just not let them make those shards by themselves? It's faster.
    And while we're at Cannith Crafting - please add mass conversion (greater essences -> lesser essences). Hitting a button a million times is not fun at all.

\not signed
    How do you know if someone dies "on purpose"? Maybe it was a real-life issue? Blacklisting just for dying in a quest? Ummm, no..., that's not for me! My idea was to encourage PUG-ing and to avoid situations when you get a penalty when someone dies on the other side of the dungeon (VON 5 comes to my mind for example - some people work on the puzzle, some go north etc. - that is a strategy, noone wants to stay in this quest for 2 hours, most people choose to split simply because their playtime is limited).

Thanks for reading :-)
    Cheers!
    Last edited by krzyysiek098; 06-12-2013 at 07:14 AM. Reason: grammar
    Khyber:
    Healingonly (melee FvS, TR), Groggor (DPS barb), Nimrud (caster, TR), Yayamee (DPS/stun monk, TR), Tadko (evasion tank, TR), Piersi (TWF DPS), Feneya (monkcher), Zornix (druid now, arti someday) and many others (across all servers)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    [*]The traps in the quests do not change dynamically. Therefore, players ignore traps.
    Actually, players build too many monk splashes that just ignore traps. Make some random traps with NO SAVE until disabled.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by dougnugget View Post

Again, AC is problematic because there's not enough range - AC tanks are never hit, other characters are always hit. Elegant solution - increase the variability of monster attack bonuses in a quest (for example, different attack animations have different bonuses, or some mobs have higher attack then others). Or increase the spread from D20 to something with a wider range. Turbine solution - completely redesign the AC system from the ground up - then make it so that in EE content where AC should matter the most, everyone's getting hit anyway.
    The bolded statement shows you clearly do not know what you are talking about. I stopped reading at that point.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Another pet peve of mine that I forgot about. Turbine has the habit in DDO of going about 80% of the way when creating a new system and then NEVER coming back to finish it after getting feedback.

Examples:

Auction House: How long did it take to remove "double weapons"? Add in Search functions? Fix how it looks as far as graphical alignment? (Oh wait, they still haven't fixed that.)
    Mail System: where is the basic functions? Delete all? Heck, have you even looked at the "unconfirmed" page? You don't even have the buttons aligned properly. What is this? Grade school development?
    Cannith Crafting: When your boss says we'll be able to make paralizers, YOU MAKE THAT HAPPEN. I can not understand why we can not craft all random loot gen effects onto weapons. That IS part of DnD.
    Trapmaking: borked utterly thanks to how mobs are screwed up and because traps don't drop parts. What is the point of this one again?
    Dragontouched Armor: I could go on about how dumb Turbine dragons are that can't even understand their own runes to identify runes, but instead I'll go with this. Draconic Runes... They bind to character and do not go into any bag unlike the other runes. Fail!
    Heroic Comms: Things cost metric butt tons to upgrade, but drop so little. The only reason I can see for this is if you wanted to inflate sales of raid bypass timers. Care to comment on this one bean counters?
    Vault of the Artificers: The biggest issues with this one is that with all the collectables and the "returns" being level limited, it is impossible for a lvl 21+ to make any gear because level 20 stuff STARTS with heroic parts, not epic parts. You seriously need to make a backward conversion of epic to heroic collectables or have 2 ways to get the base lvl 20 item. With either heroic or epic collectables.

Every form of conversion : convert collectables, stone of change, etc: they all are designed to both kill your mouse and cause you carpel tunnel at the same time. Seriously, mass conversion needs to happen.

Green Steel and Alchemical Crafting are probably the only two that were fully fleshed out and working at release that didn't need a whole lot to come back and fix off the top of my head.

Enhancements=
    1. Love the change of interface, do not love core class enhancements being separated into trees.
    2. Be careful when adding any abilities with a "save" because until you fix epic saves these will be deemed worthless.
    3. To many +1-3W damage abilities, these are already UNBALANCED! For example= Momentum Swing +5w damage. With many 1 handers this adds 4-24 damage (5x1d6), with some epic 2 handers this can add 5-100 damage! (5x1d20, 5x3d6, 5x2d8) Instead switch all these abilities to= does 100%-400% etc damage like Fury of the Wild. Scales equally for everyone.
    4. Spell craft skill change is stupid, there I said it. You had a great skill already possessed by every caster with a stat they all equally need= Concentration (Stat=Con). Tie all magic damage increase to this! Currently a lot of builds drop this skill for quicken spell as its better in Epic content. This will make the skill useful again.
    5. Like spell damage enhancements being removed from trees (even better if you tie them to concentration) as these were just plain required to have to play. I dont like forcing caster to be either a healer or nuker, they should be able to do both.
    6. Narrow down the trees more, you still have allot of "fluff" abilities, and get rid of ALL 2 point abilities and make them 1 point.
    7. Auto grants should be auto grants, not purchase grants.

Guild decay=
    1. Get rid of it, never seen something kept in the game so long that is so universally hated by the player base.

Pet Peeves=
    1. Lack of release notes. You know what you changed in the patch, it wouldn't hurt to have 1 person write them out.
    2. Old bugs that will never be fixed as Devs have moved on to newer content.
    3. Druid "tenser debuf" in animal forms. Get rid of the increased spell cooldowns, they are so unneeded as this is hardly a OP class.
    4. So many handwrap bugs.
    5. Ship cooldown timers. These annoy the entire game (people hate waiting for people to refresh buffs)
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hey

Give me your thoughts on the following. Be verbose, but not 'it sucks' I need 'it sucks because of'

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Whatever your pet peeve is.

Thanks.
    Enhancements:
    Well, I barely remember what they were now; and it's been what, months since they've been on lam? maybe you guys could get a new build up and we could form some new opinions

Guild Decay:
    Remove Guild Decay
    Remove
    Guild
    Decay
    Also, you might consider removing guild decay.

I logged in simply to post that last part.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Smile Asked and answered

Been away, haven't read the whole thread, so I am sure I am repeating a bit:

Pet peeves?

1) Collectables. Really, a new system with each new pack for a while? I mean come on, there had to better ways to incentive players to buy packs without being concerned about loot cross-over without buying the pack. I mean it seems everything on any value is BtA or BtC as it is. Please consolidate a bit or just use the existing stuff. Please.

2) Clickies. They are useful and help customization of characters and play. But when even I run with 10+ bars on the screen, seriously, we are in overkill. By the time we get to 28, you won't see the screen with everything you *might* need to click from time to time. Scenery? Art? Where is that square with grease anyway ...

3) Targeting. Listen, if the target moves, just have the dang spell go off where he was - right where the new mob stepped up. That or don't suck out my spell points over lag or my poor skill to follow the mob (without the spell at least firing).

And thanks, Maj, for reading!
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

New Pet Peeve

The proposed changes to tr.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hey

Give me your thoughts on the following. Be verbose, but not 'it sucks' I need 'it sucks because of'

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Whatever your pet peeve is.

Thanks.
    Enhancements -- I thought too many of the enhancements were 2 AP and would have preferred more 1 AP enhancements. We still saw too much prereqs when the system listed already had cost prereqs and restrictions among trees.

Guild decay -- scrap it.

Pet Peeve -- inconsistent game mechanics. Inconsistencies in the game mechanics complicate stacking for players and is counter intuitive, especially for newer players learning what can already be a complex system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Community Member

enhancements.

just scrap it. they are awful poorly thought out and just poorly designed. any one that thought the protection tree was alpha worthy has no business near the prestige lines. i thought the point was to finish prestiges. turns out you are not going to do that. stop shipping half finished half working junk. my characters have not recovered from the ac pass, dont think i would bother with the game at all if you stuff that that shoddy stuff onto live.

guild renown

at one point i had a main on each server in a guild, i took a break, came back, and i am in 2 guilds on 2 servers. all others chars on all other servers were kicked from guilds. thanks for another punishing system for me the customer to endure or work around. it sucks because it punishes your players.

but turbine does not care about that so let me try it this way. guild renown decay gives me unlimited plat, xp and loot, i expect to see it hot fixed out at the end of the week, after all it helps players.

pet peeves.

i will start with lets talk threads. you dont care quit pretending to. maybe drop in to 15 page threads pleading for a dev response to something, and say stuff it customers, we dont care what you think or want. at least be honest about it.

quality of life. you fixed a mountain of bugs, but we havent noticed because we are burried under a mountain range of broken stuff that you will not adress, because again it hurts the players that you loathe.

"community specialist" the current team cant seem to be bothered to address the train wreck that is your game/forums. hire some that will post in threads that are about customer experience, not just "poorly drawn portraits of a drow" "or i love the new cash grab pets" type threads.

change for the sake of change. ac pass, spellcraft, augments, abot loot, reinventing the wheel for prestiges instead of putting the missing prestiges in.

random loot/turn ins stop please just stop. aslo the turn in rates for the augments make a meh system just worthless

more crafting/ inv clutter, i want bags for everything, if they have to be btc bags, then i should be able to purchase them with plat in game. then make a bag for those bags. and next time someone comes up with a new system that uses new ingredients send them home, and tell them don't come back until they find a way to not over clutter our painfully over cluttered inventory.

handwraps. i just gave up. you wont/cant fix them so i try to pretend i do not know they are not working properly.

ladders. see handwraps

meeting deadlines. breaking the whole install to meet a deadline, please give me the phone number of the manager of the person who made that "judgment" call. i would settle for the email address.

warforged. i payed money for them, you have nerfed them down to near drow status, thanks for teaching me the value of a turbine purchase.

poison on a lvl 20 warforged monk. thanks it makes me so happy. the guildies know to mute me in vent when they see my monk poisoned again.

customer service. i'm still missing my pet, filled multiple tickets, pmed community specialist(was ignored by them) called customer service was told to file another ticket, last ticket i filled i was told to contact in game support. i cant use ingame support till i give you more money. i wont give you more money until you fix what you broke and is making me unhappy.

awesonium x7. omg what a mess. nothing like talking a guildie in vent who says "my loading bar just made it to halfway" and you get to say you disconected from the game 42 seconds ago SURPRISE!

mobs move after trip or stun. see handwraps/ladders

loot. so much unwanted random. btc is so yuck, if it has to bind make it bta. cant say anything else about the loot or its developer, dont want to get banned.

thank you for doing the work that others wont maj mad respect for you on that front.
    Last edited by fourrumtest; 06-12-2013 at 02:42 PM.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    New Pet Peeve

The proposed changes to tr.
    More specifically the ED xp going away part. /signed
    It's definitely an N-word.

Do NOT wipe EDs on a normal TR when Reincarnation is revamped.

I repeat:
    Do NOT wipe EDs on a normal TR when Reincarnation is revamped.

one more time with feeling:

DO NOT WIPE EDs ON A NORMAL TR WHEN REINCARNATION IS REVAMPED.

---

Get rid of repeat penalties for dungeons for VIPs. You want people to sign up, there's your golden ticket, because if a VIP is paying you to allow them to grind the same dungeon over and over, who are you to argue with them?

Get rid of ransack for VIPs. For the same reason.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    Been away, haven't read the whole thread, so I am sure I am repeating a bit:

Pet peeves?

1) Collectables. Really, a new system with each new pack for a while?
    2) Clickies. They are useful and help customization of characters and play. But when even I run with 10+ bars on the screen, seriously, we are in overkill.

3) Targeting. Listen, if the target moves, just have the dang spell go off where he was - right where the new mob stepped up.
    1. yes. do i really need 1000000 different items that i will never turn in at 15000 different collectors?
    2. Yeah, I already have too many clickies. And clicky things on my hotbar dont work right sometimes depending on what I want. Example? Switching quivers....
    3. Yes and no. Some of this is good pnp style targeting. Some of this is garbage. If I have clear LOS to a mobs head, WHY isn't my ray hitting his head and instead shooting through the hill chest height in front of his head that I can see clear as day? I mean, hello.. I CAN aim! And fireballs? walls of fire? Dont get me started on targeting in this game :| Let alone _trying to open chests_. Why am I standing there swinging my staff or sword endlessly when my cursor is clearly two gears saying "open me!"

Re: enhancements. Deepwood stalker is GREAT. It is very roguer-ish. Totally love its enhancements. Way better than _1_ skill (sniper shot)......

ANYTHING is better than that garbage of an interface that enhancements currently have.

Not great? Nuetering the hell out of multiclassing. Why is it I cant have 3 prestige classes? Why can't I have 2 prestige classes in a same class? (take 2 ranger prestiges). I feel very very very strongly that the new enhancement system destroys our ability to be creative in how we build our characters and forces us into a role I really don't like at all.

New interface is at least better than clicking "show unavailable" and trying to dig through pages of slooooooooooooooooow scrolling enh stuff to pick. ESPECIALLY if you change your enhancements after a bunch of levels.

Community Member

Enhancements: Well, I'm not going to get too specific here, gonna try to cover most of my problems with a few specific points.

1.There absolutely needs to be a general tree for each class. Stuffing everything that makes the class the class (ie.
    sneaking for rogues, weapons of good for Pallies, etc.) into the PREs just doesn't work, especially with a 3 tree limit.
    Although the 3 tree limit seems like it would work (3 class limit, 3 tree limit), it just doesn't because too many basic
    functions of the class are spread out in different PRE trees.

2.Someone (MadFloyd?) mentioned that costs would come down to be more in line with the benefits provided, and costs
    have indeed come down (nothing costs 3 or 4 points anymore). However, costs don't necessarily seem to be in line with
    benefits, there are still a lot of junk enhancements that are required (which is just another way to inflate costs),
    and I was really hoping to get rid of the racial attack and damage benefits as they are, and replace them with something
    that would actually work better with the new to-hit system. As it is, I will be ignoring them as much as I do on live now,
    too little benefit for the cost. If it was supoosed to add 1 in the old system (to-hit), then it should add 5% in the new.
    Also, since we seem to be turning to the +W system, have the racial damage be .5W per tier.

Overall, I liked the new enhancment system, The UI was cleaner, easier to use, and I was able to make some fun builds
    with it. Unfortunately, I would have liked to TR some of them, but couldn't get access to the store after the first day
    or so. I probably tested a bit different then most people, I did not transfer my existing characters and try to rebuild
    them, I started with new characters and tried to build them in accordance with my concept for them.

Guild Decay:

Easy fix, dump it.

Pet Peeves:

The artificer dogs are still bugged when they use a ladder. No other pet is bugged like this, panther is ok, Druid wolf is
    ok. Can't we make the dog more like these? I will literally choose NOT to use my dog in quests that have a lot of ladders.
    C'mon, fix this one already....

Weapon prefixes and suffixes: Please, for the love of god, quit giving me epic weapons with effects that have a save on them.
    I got one the other day, epic weapon, I forget exactly what the effects was, but it was DC 15. ORLY? If the MOBs autofail on
    a 1, just make this a 5% chance to proc. otherwise, remove any effect with a DC of less than 50 from the epic loot
    tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    Actually, players build too many monk splashes that just ignore traps. Make some random traps with NO SAVE until disabled.
    Why do people think monks have something to do with it. I can ignore and jump around 90% of traps with a dumped dex cleric. Static placement and safe spots to jump to are why they get ignored.

Community Member

It's the word I wrote on Lammania Enhancement Forum about Cleric's new thing.

--------
    Cleric would have got more healing power than before, but the class needs more change about healing.

of course, Cleric has surely higher positive power, but this doesn't mean they can heal allies stably. They're even a bit more unstable than Favored Soul becasue of their difference on SP, even if they have healing aura - having Healing Aura doesn't mean cleric has stability about heal. Healing Aura SLA forced to them to be next to allies to heal, who are near mobs attacking them. This is dangerous, so can't say stable. so they should be able to use more healings not by healing aura.

Yes, difference of SP between Cleric and Faverd soul is matter of course. So I'd suggest a thing on Pacifism, Second Core ability of Healing domain, which would be less-useful at higher level because the effect is not good currently. Put this effect into Pacifism; "all cure spells(or all healing spells) have 10% less cost of SP to cast when Pacifism toggled up." of course, Pacifism still will have some penalties(currently, -50 Spell Power and no crit on non-positive spells, and -1[w]). plus, pacifism will need to take cooltime to turn off and on, to prevent them to change their position often - healing then attacking then healing then attacking in a row.

Then Cleric would get surely more powerful and stable on ONLY HEALING with untouching offensive powers, as developers intended.

P.S. Currently, Their negative spell power gone... They have inflicts spells, so They need negative spell power, to heal palemasters. I took Harm to heal pales. but It'd be difficult to do that if cleric got no spell power on Negative. :/

P.S.2. I want to see that Cleric can cast Regeneration as SLA of Healing Domain, or Bonus spell like heal of bard's new spellsinger. heh.
    Last edited by Targal; 06-13-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast