Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    [*]Speaking of which, the whole point of the changes to the AC system were to make AC relevant late into the game, and useful for more than just the ultra-focused characters, yet what I, and everyone that I've seen post to the forums, have found is that even strongly-AC-focused characters are getting hit all the time in Epic Elite content. What was the point of the changes if you're just going to jack up monster to-hit so much that it renders AC irrelevant again?[/LIST]
    Add this to my list of peeves.

I get the want for the layered defense idea, and having just TR'd a bunch of melee toons I get it and think it works very well in heroics.

But in epics . . . especially EEs . . . this needs to be rethought. I absolutely hate that your AC is the LEAST important part of your layered defense. It should be the MOST important component as it's really the only thing defenders can get a ton more of over offensive builds.

What was the point of the changes if you're just going to jack up monster to-hit so much that it renders AC irrelevant again?

Here's my small idea about renown decay.

I haven't played in some time but I plan to come back so I don't think the problem with decay has much changed. I think it's too much and it should be lowered, but probably not entirely removed.

It should be tied with activity. Active guilds should have very little to no decay. Let's say, if more than 90% of a guilds accounts are inactive, that guild would suffer decay after 5 days in a row, as long as 10% of the accounts logs once in every 5 days, they suffer less decay, if less than 10% accounts are active after 5 days in a row with less than 10% activity, they starts getting higher decay. Inactives for over a year would not count.

Otherwise, just a lower decay would do fine, it's not like airship buffs are overpowered for end game.

-Edit- I finally found out how to edit a post. What I wanted to add was a very big Thank You to Maj for brigning back these threads, it's really appreciated.
    Last edited by Hakushi; 06-11-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    The Ashen, Riedra (now Khyber) ~ Raika halfling rog20 ~ Carolanne human brd20 ~ Coriza drow wiz20 ~ Alexandra elf rgr20 ~ Samara human ftr20 ~ Zaretta human clr20 ~ Katina elf brb20 ~ Carelle human pal20 ~ Nathalya halfling mnk20 ~ Rosanna elf fvs20 ~ Venusia halfling ftr20 ~ Kristina human sor20 ~ Nausikaa halfling rog13 ~ Carietta halfling rog1/rgr9/mnk1

I don't like the 10 per rest on past life feats.
    I would love the past life favored soul feat if it recharged or had a longer cooldown and no charges.

Community Member

Guild decay is the one thing in this game that I really wish you would eliminate. When I first read about the changes last Fall I was really happy Turbine was doing something to improve guilds. Then I learned it wasn't helping my guild and was actually making it harder with a penalty we get any time we gain a level.

I understand why you would want to help out large guilds, but I don't understand why you didn't help all guilds. Decay has always been a problem for guilds of all sizes (until recently -its obviously a non-issue for large guilds now).

Thank you for bringing up the subject. No one will cry at the funeral of guild decay.

My biggest peeve is the way in which the devs appear to approach in-game problems.

For example, TR is a boring grind because of the stupid high XP required at high levels. Simple solution is to reduce TRXP requirements or (better) rebalance high level quest XP so it's not a joke. Instead we get Bravery Bonus.

Again, AC is problematic because there's not enough range - AC tanks are never hit, other characters are always hit. Elegant solution - increase the variability of monster attack bonuses in a quest (for example, different attack animations have different bonuses, or some mobs have higher attack then others). Or increase the spread from D20 to something with a wider range. Turbine solution - completely redesign the AC system from the ground up - then make it so that in EE content where AC should matter the most, everyone's getting hit anyway.

Prestige Enhancements aren't complete. Instead of completing them, Turbine are redesigning the PREs from the ground up, except they are still unfinished.

Then we have Epic crafting overhauled, Guild crafting abandoned, and Cannith crafting effectively mothballed, all replaced with - you guessed it - another new crafting system.

It's a shame because the devs regularly have awesome ideas and I actually like a lot of the new stuff that's been brought into the game.

It's just that I would like it if some of these ideas were actually given the proper polish and (forgive me) quality control (or at least, quality control that gets listened to).

Because if we had Cannith crafting that worked with the new augment system and legacy systems such as Dragontouched, and we had a full set of enhancements for all the classes and we had AC that actually mattered and quests (and, oh god, challenges) that gave an appropriate amount of XP at all levels, that would be absolutely amazing and most of this is IMHO absolutely achievable within existing resources if they deployed properly. (Except maybe crafting - if we mess with that we'll probably break handwraps again. Even more than normal.)

Instead, it's likely that we'll get another 3-4 new systems which are incompatible with and/or break the existing stuff, which will eventually get half-fixed just in time for the next shiny new project to come along and break it all over again.

And if it frustrates me this much, I hate to think how the poor guys in QA feel about it.

A shout out from a lost soul that still can't post on the forums.
    His pet peeve is, that the chat window input box still isn't fixed (mouse clicking seldom works), although I can probably venture a guess, that not being able to log into forums with his account is vexing him too

Community Member

Do quality of life fixes that you said you were going to do. Fix long standing bugs and the ones you create with every new patch or update. Ex - Human S+B user still steps to the left, porting windows from ship stay open, Fred doesn't work for feat swaps, the list goes on.

Make Forums usable again. I still do not recieve notifications for subscriptions. The years of favorite links I have are all broken. Long load times, make it work simple and easy like it used to.

Lag and load times are getting worse for me as it is for others. Be nice to play without it.

Do not release new content until it is finished and working correctly. I am all for new stuff but when it is not working as intended or breaks the game in any way, it really is not worth it.

Frustration builds with every misstep, won't be long before enough is enough.

I really like this game and want to play, but Turbine stumbled a while back with MOTU and can't seem to recover. Unfortunately it is looking like a face plant is in the future.

I am glad you asked Major Mal!

Guild renown decay-It is simply too much. I don't expect a free ride to 100, but what we have is not working. It would be wonderful not to have to reach the same level everyday for a week before it stays there. One thing that would really help most guilds is removing the way an account inactive >180 days becomes active when you kick it. That alone would be a huge help. Also, possibly only counting an account active if they are actually bringing in renown. (We have a couple of folks who log on for 1 hour or less every few months or so to say Hi.) They hurt us every single time by coming off the inactive list. There has to be some way of balancing this out without losing contact with people we consider friends by booting them from the guild.

Enhancements-What we have is fine. What you are showing on Lama is not. Some trees work well for the classes they are planned for. Some are hideous(cleric, FVS, sorc) There needs to be some show of paying attention to people's bitter complaints on the Lama forums. If you guys do not, you will be losing lots of very loyal fans. You will lose more players because there will be few(if any) divines wanting to play. Divines need to be able to play their character however they like. Just like everyone else. I think the current trend of the devs to provide more self-healing in the form of pots is showing some attention to the complaints of the many. Please continue this trend.

Other stuff/Broken stuff-. Please fix the Baudry Cartamon chain. The harbor is one of the first places new players hit. Their first impressions of this game are made there. I had a very short conversation in harbor general chat with someone just yesterday. He asked if anyone else was having problems getting in. I replied that it had been down for months. Someone else confirmed that. He asked if it was on the log-in news. I replied that it was when it first occurred. He replied he was going back to GW2. It is a low priority, I do recognize. But it is where people are hooked on DDO, or not.

Please fix the Druid Creeping Cold/GCC breaking Niacs. Also, whatever that other thing is that breaks Niac's. Druids have been out almost a full year. This was old after month 2.

I am sure I will think of other things, but to be perfectly honest, these are the issues that are making me think I do not want to pay for an X-pac without a raid from a company that does not care about it's customers.

*EDIT* I knew I forgot something! Two things: First is having 7 awesomium processes going on all the time. I don't know what that is, but most of my screen freezes go away after I close them all. My screen FOR DDO ONLY freezes every time I hit certain ship buffs, renown, levels, etc when awesomium is going in the background.

Second: Having to log on twice every single day, and after I turn my computer off every single time.

More: Repetition penalties. A one-time counter restart at level 20 would fix many, many complaints. I think it would be easier than some sort of "x runs in z amt of time" fix. I may be wrong.

Old epic items. Either tell us you are not going to upgrade them, or make them upgradable. We need to know whether to clean out our limited bank space.

Gosh, how could I forget??? Fix the stupid log-me-out-in-the-middle-of-me-typing-this issue.
    Last edited by susiedupfer; 06-12-2013 at 07:10 AM.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hey

Give me your thoughts on the following. Be verbose, but not 'it sucks' I need 'it sucks because of'

Enhancements
    The Sword of Damocles that hangs over us because it potentially changes so many pre-existing characters, in many cases breaking them. We all thought it was to finish the PREs, improve the UI and remove and useless or unused enhancements and basically give us more options - but some existing characters will actually have less options [and less hitpoints].

I like the UI and I can accept that the PrEs will be fleshed out or added on later but not at the cost of the soul-crushing nerfs that were seen on Lam like PM's having to use a cross-class skill like 'Heal'.

Guild Decay
    This reminds me of the old XP loss-upon-death mechanic which stunted the growth of your character because you were squishy. You felt you made great progress but had to work for the same XP again. That was not fun. Everyone said so and it was removed. Similarly, Guild Renown Decay is also not fun.

Whatever your pet peeve is.
    Pull up a chair,

Quest Repitition Penalty

Not only are you forever nerfed by a repitition penalty for redoing Epic Quests in order to grind out destinies - but that repitition penalty is on top of doing the quests which you may have completed on heroic like the Phirlan Carnival chain. Capping a character should remove any accrued penalty, not just freeze it where it was.

Level 18 to Claiming your Destiny

At Level 18 we should not be able to get more XP from two/three-manning a Vale of Twilight quest than with a full party in an Amarath, House Cannith, Dreaming Dark, Inspired Quarter etc. quests. BTW the solution to this is not to nerf Vale XP.

The Restless Isles/Reavers Reach

I get lost in Restless Isles [and I have a map]. I have only ever flagged one character for the Titan. I've never ever seen an LFM for the Raid, let alone run it. I don't normally partake in General Chat but when I see a noob asking advice about purchasing Restless Isles I add my voice to an enevatible chorus of like-midend souls screaming to stop them.

On the other hand, I've grown to love Reavers Reach. It has diverse areas and monsters and the quests aren't just hack & slash, thought has gone into them [more than much of the content since then]. A pity the end reward is a suit of armor/robe that you can design yourself but only after grinding out hundreds of tokens to find the "perfect" trifecta of abilities for your character. To top it off there's now probably a random-generated armour with the exact abilities of your Dragontouched on the AH for <10k platinum.

Cannith Crafting

Any weapon or piece of gear that is randomly generated by the loot table should be able to be replicated in Cannith Crafting but there are still abilities like Vorpal and Smiting missing from it let alone any of the newer random-generated abilities.

Old Epic Items

There are some items - the ones you had to spend months/years collecting shards, scrolls, seals for - that are still viable today, but there are many that have been made redundant. I think with the ease of use of getting epic items from Forgotten Realms and Gianthold now that the old mechanic should be revised to allow you to make a basic Epic item with the base item + scroll, then upgrade it with the seal and get final upgrade with the shard or something like that.

Bound to Character ingredients in the Forgotten Realms.

Challenge Ingredients in Eberron are BtA, Challenge Ingrediens in the Realms are BtC. This makes no sense. BTW the solution is not to make Eberron challenge ingredients BtC.

Also, in Eberron I get epic scrolls, shards, seals, Tokens of the Twelve etc. and I can share them with my other characters if the looting character doesn't need them. However in Forgotten Realms epics I get Commendations that I can't pass to my other characters. The Commendation-traded items themselves being BtC I understand but the commendations? Really?

Rangers

Ranged Damage is not a viable play style when on manyshot timer. If we only had some sort of "Lesser Manyshot", a toggle as opposed to a timer we might have the start of something.
    Atificers and Druids have pets, they work, grow with the character and are useful. Rangers should have them too. Once this is done we will discuss a Paladin's "Bonded mount" but that's for the future, first things first.

Daily Dice

A couple of times I've clicked the 3-Shard daily dice by accident. I accept that it was my own stupidity but there should be a confirm box for it. It feels "sneaky" that there isn't one like the way the ROLL! button is GIGANTIC and the "3" is so tiny.

Thanks.
    More then welcome Major
    Last edited by Karadon_II; 06-11-2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Spelling hopelessness
    Karadon, Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU]
    Karadon, Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien
    Karadon, Paladin [20] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1]
    Karadon, Paladin [16] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]

Community Member

Hey

Give me your thoughts on the following. Be verbose, but not 'it sucks' I need 'it sucks because of'

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Thanks.
    Enhancements: Just make what we have prettier. There is no call to totally revamp the system. Doing this has never worked out well for the game in general, but complete overhauls seems to be the approach to everything anyway.

Guild Decay: Bah, let 'em all hit 100. They just get on the other guilds' ships anyway. What's the harm? If you are worried about inactive players, most guilds will kick them anyway. Make epic guild levels or something if you want.

Pet Peeve:
    Grouping - It's freaking annoying to find a group or make one.

Bravery bonus is the biggest culprit here. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea! Just make it so joining a group and helping them on something besides elite reduces your streak by higher of 5 or 10%. Soloing a quest out of streak breaks it. Then when I have a streak of 100, I don't lose everything for taking a group that isn't doing the exact quest I need on Elite.

Dev response - You are awesome for taking the time to ask us and respond, but let's see some of those ideas hit the lamaland! It feels like we are ignored even when asked. The stuff we hear time and time again is fixing bugs, quality of life, etc. Let's work on those!

I bet if you took one update time frame and did nothing but fix at least half of the known issues and implement quality of life, you'd see a ton of lost players come running back.

I said there would be more...

Scaling.

Make it go away.

Norm/Hard/Elite was perfectly fine "scaling." Basing dungeon difficulty off the # of players is silly. It penalizes parties. Grouping in an mmo should be encouraged not discouraged. Being able to solo elite content was once considered an accomplishment. Now it's sop. Tackling a quest as a group should make the quest easier, not harder. IMO dungeon scaling is the #1 cause for the declining lfm population (as a percentage of the game population as a whole).

And now, a question for you...

Many of us have perceived a drop in DDOs' over all population. I'm not talking total game accounts in existence, I'm talking about the actual number of people who log in and play more than "every once in a while." This has been extremely perceivable over the last 12 to 18 months. Are we wrong? Is it just a case of misperception?

If indeed it is not a case of misperception, if indeed there is a (sharply) declining population, is anyone there (@ DDO HQ) bothering to do more than just assume at it's cause? We players have seen and reported the correlations we see in development trends and population decline (in no particular order):

•Toon destruction. When game mechanics change, toons built around these mechanics are wrecked. When the DM changes the rules too drastically too often, he becomes no fun to play with and we go looking for a new one.

•Bugs, bugs, bugs... We know nothing is bugless. We know you have to produce content to make money. We also know there has to be a balance between maintaining what is and making what's new. A number of us feel that there has been too much emphasis on the latter and not enough on the former. Repainting the house, remodeling the kitchen and adding storm proof windows plus all new carpet and drapes is all a waste if the foundation is cracking and braking. When fixing one bug creates a bigger bug or multiple new ones, is it really a fix? If a perceived drop in game quality is causing accelerated attrition, it must be addressed.

•Communication. I addressed this at length in my original post to this thread, and am revisiting it for relevance. We feel cut off, we feel that our opinions, wants, needs & desires as your paying customers are being ignored. While there is no unanimous consensus as to what direction the game (or at least particular aspects of it) should take, there have certainly been vast majority consensi about what directions it shouldn't take. When we do our best to communicate these concerns or objections and see them ignored, we hear "we don't care about you." When we feel you don't care about us, we decide you don't get our money.

I focused so heavily on perception because player perception is this games advertising. I, and many of the players I know, learned about this game from a friend, who had in tern learned about this game from a friend. In my various travals about the web, I never come accross advertising or information about DDO unless I'm specifically seeking it. If my friend hadn't heard about it from his friend, neither of us would be here. Neither would the other friends they brought in. Neither would the 5 friends I've brought in, or the friends they've brought in. None of the people in the circle laid out above found out about the game through advertising, they were all brought in because of the perception that this game was great and worth recommending to friends. When that perception changes, when the perception shifts from "this is so great I have to tell my friends" to "this is getting rediculess, what else is out there?" DDO has lost it's advertising and attrition out paces growth.

Ok, I'm spent. I hope something constructive comes of all this. I really hope this isn't just another "vent the gripes out of your system" thread. You asked, so please liseten and pay heed. Redirect portions as necessary to to the appropriate parties. I'm really glad to see you back Maj, but like so many others this enhancement pass is make or brake for me. If it breaks the parts of the game I enjoy - namely diversity in character creation/multiple avenues towards making an effective "end game" viable toon - I'll be investing my time and money elsewhere.

It's been a great run up until lately... Let's bring back the great, and not just settle for "less crappy than the rest."
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 06-11-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Inconsistent Communication - The inconsistent communication from Turbine representatives about OUR GAME is extremely frustrating. How is it that communications are inconsistent, you may ask? Verbose:

• Community reps on-again / off-again - When the community reps engage, they are terrific at following up and providing feedback. They even cut up, joke, and have fun with the community. When they are "on," the community reps do a terrific job. I have a lot of respect for Cordovan and Tolero and the work that they do. However, while I understand that Turbine cannot realistically monitor "EVERYTHING," it seems that sometimes the community is left to fend for itself occasionally for some major concern items. I imagine that these are the times when all of Turbine is going through a "crunch period," and information is not readily available, or complete enough for dispersal. But, if the community reps (or, perhaps, other Turbine staff) could provide engagement on these hot button items, it would do a lot for community good will. Even if it is as little as, "Hey, we're here... we're listening," "meetings happening, will update when possible," it would be terrific. That way, while we know that you aren't making an official position on something, at least we will know that you understand how important to us some particular issue is, and you will do what you can to communicate when you are able to.

• "Well, you just have to go to Facebook/Twitter/forums/the other game if you want to hear about that..." - Communication from Turbine has not been equal throughout the various available outlets. I have seen server outages discussed via the DDO Facebook page when not a peep is made in the forums or via the Dev Tracker. If stuff blows up big, it almost feels like Twitter is the best way to elicit community rep engagement. I hardly ever pay attention to the news in the launcher window anymore because it seems most of the time the important bits of info never make it there. The community video updates are GREAT! But... I don't do a lot with YouTube, and I never seem to know when the newest video will be out with tasty bits of information. It just makes me sad that there is not even and level communication through all outlets.

I have more... but, that's all that I have the energy for at the moment. Thank you, Maj, for asking, and for taking our feedback to heart. I know that you, like the community, want what's best for the game because it's truly your passion.

Quote Originally Posted by krzyysiek098 View Post
    I don't have much time, so I will focus on guild renown decay problem. I think it should be completely removed or at least lessened. (...)
    Found some time :-) Here are some thoughts:
    1) Don’t get rid of fast recalling (when you click "Recall" button and move) – no, it’s not a bug, it’s a feature. People love it!
    2) Memory leak (switching characters) – tho I do appreciate what you have already done here :-)
    3) Lag when I reach each 100-favor milestone (200, 300, 400, … favor = extra 25 TP) or open DDO store for the first time – game freezes for about 20 seconds
    4) UMD-value change lag – yeah, I know, you are working on it
    5) Add more bard offensive spells (sonic?)
    6) Hirelings – make them more viable, especially healbots (IMO 70% of the time when group waits before entering the dungeon is when they need a healer):
    • allow them in raids
    • add “heal only” button to hireling’s bar, apart from active/defensive/passive modes
    • add metamagic feats to some of them (quicken, empower healing) for a higher contract fee
    7) Monster Manual – please add a special tome, which includes bosses (pit fiends, dragons etc.)
    8) Monsters circling around me bug
    9) “You are not facing …” bug
    10) Ladder bug
    11) Increase lvl 18-20 quest XP - TRing is a pain here
    12) Make guild renown drop during special events (Mabar, Risia Games) – in decent quantity
    13) Make a guild renown sigil an addition to item reward at quest giver in epic quests (item + renown, not item OR renown)
    14) For old epic raids add a special token – when you have 20 of those, you can turn them in for a list of 5-6 random shards of epic items from that adventure pack
    15) Testing things on Lamannia + guild decay = I lose my guild progress
    16) Guild buff timers should pause in public areas (like potion timers)
    17) Make a high level guild shrines that last for 2 hours (eg. tier 3 of ability shrines: +2 to stat, 2 hours)
    18) New airship amenities - PRR shrine (small hookpoint), Cannith Crafting deconstruction device, teleport (both large), etc.
    19) A new airship crewmate – applies all ship buffs after talking to him
    20) Maybe a new 1-deck airship (mid- and/or high-level one)?
    21) Airship Planescaler allows trips to Amrath and Eveningstar (after completing flagging quests)
    22) Airship entrance in House C
    23) BtA Eveningstar challenges mats (!!!)
    24) BtA commendations (villager, druid etc) – Seals of the Black Abbot, Seals of the Stormreaver, Shavarath Trophies are BtA, why these are not?
    25) Cannith Crafting – add some more high level recipes, eg.:
    • returning arrows/bolts – like holy, adamantine, (greater) bane, … (doesn’t have to be 100% returning, 70% or even 50% will be OK);
    • +6, +7 enhancements;
    • double prefixes/suffixes (should be not less than lvl 180-185);
    • new properties, like cosmic, wailing, debilitation;
    • finally add missing properties – vorpal, banishing etc.
    26) Cannith Crafting – shared experience/crafting levels across all characters on the same server
    27) Add some named arrows – now we have only 2 types (from Threnal and Shadow Crypt) + some favor reward ones (House D and Silver Flame). Not enough! I like the new quiver, tho ranged combat needs more love (not speaking of Arti, haven’t played yet). There are no named bolts as well (anyone seeing a rogue with repeater? more variety!)
    28) Sortable TR cache (by level, name)
    29) Higher shared bank plat limit
    30) New interface to Stone of Change
    31) Interface to “/quest” and “/quest completions”
    32) Death penalty (XP) only applied to the character who died
    33) Pure classes should be viable – who’s playing a pure bard or melee ranger now?
    34) I prefer finished and bug-free features and quests to released in time, but unpolished ones (last expansion pack and Epic Destinies come to my mind). Adjust your schedule to the progress of work please, people don’t like to pay for a beta-product. I never buy and play new content shortly after releasing because I learned that you release unfinished products (and it’s a pity, because most of this stuff is really fun after all, just full of bugs right after releasing).
    35) This:
    Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    1. The epic destiny leveling system. The way it is designed currently, characters spend a little bit of time in the destiny they want and then spend 10 times as much time in destinies they don't in order to continue advancing. (...)
      My suggestion here would be to allow us to earn XP in a destiny we aren't in currently at a reduced rate (...)
    Thanks for asking what our concerns are & for reading. Love DDO :-)
    Last edited by krzyysiek098; 06-11-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    Khyber:
    Healingonly (melee FvS, TR), Groggor (DPS barb), Nimrud (caster, TR), Yayamee (DPS/stun monk, TR), Tadko (evasion tank, TR), Piersi (TWF DPS), Feneya (monkcher), Zornix (druid now, arti someday) and many others (across all servers)

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    That does very little to combat the "country club" mentality that already exists. Simply put, players are their own worst enemy in this instance, and there isn't much that "execs" can do about it.
    Funny thing is, all MMO's work against the science of group dynamics. What you are describing is exactly why exclusive clubs in a finite community are the worst idea.
    Yet tools and mechanic are introduced that compound the issue. Scaling, bravery bonuses, xp reduction for a death and chat channels.

Most players don't actually like the country club mentality and from my experience most players once known don't really have that mentality. It is hard to explain though why it is apparent to exist but I think I'll go with that in many quests there is only one way to skin a cat. If you fail to do things properly you will fail the quest. There are no alternative ways to succeed when you make mistakes. It would make sense that on lower difficulties hints or help could be provided for those trying to learn. It's not a suggestion however as something would probably get broken or the back in my day folks might throw a fit, it's just an observation.

Hey

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Thanks.
    The "waiting till we redo the system before adding other PrEs" argument always bothered me because they should have all been implemented as a skeleton for the new system

Guild decay was designed by someone who failed at math. If you have a system that reduces your reknown gain when you level and then knocks you down a level with decay you end up with a never ending cycle of fail.

pet peeve is the fact that epic destinies that were released a year ago still have glaring bugs (bard song duration, and fighter cooldown reset in particular)

another pet peeve is that Celestia which seems like the penultimate paladin weapon is broken in the hands of a pure paladin and can't bypass DR or benefit from light vulnerabilities
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

Hey

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Thanks.
    Enhancements: Yeah this was long overdue for a review even if it only rearranges things into a more visually palatable format.

Guild Decay: Seems a pointless mechanic and really bites on smaller guilds. I play this game as my only MMO these days specifically because the content is flexible and accessable to a variety of group or solo methods. Decay feels like a weird throwback to "Thou shalt play only with the specified number and combination of team mates, so sayeth Ememoh!"

Pet peeve: In the name of all that is holy give some love to the old classes as well as making shiny new ones, most jarring for me is ranger pets. I mean come ON the mechanics for this to work properly has been in place for years now so how about we do away with that useless placeholder spell that summons a pet waaaay to weak to even serve as a nerfed summoned monster.

Edit: Oh yes and how about more control over the UI scale and font sizes I normally play on my TV across the room but DDO requires me to crane my neck around to my secondary screen so I can read stuff and see detail or lower the resolution resulting in poor visuals and clutter.
    Last edited by Snypyr; 06-11-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Community Member

Hey

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Thanks.
    1. Like the idea of new enhancements. I have 20 toons, not counting the dozens I've built then scrapped, just because I like building them and seeing how it works out. I will feel like a kid in a candy store when the enhancement pass finally lands.

2. Guild decay should be shot, along with the person who thought it up, everyone who supported that guy, all their families, everyone who owes them money, etc. etc. May need to get Keyser Söze on the case for this.

3. My biggest pet peeve in all of DDO is how epic levels were handled. Commoner levels + ED abilities that are, in some cases, so extreme that they make your 20 heroic levels moot. The fact that its like stepping into a totally different game just makes me feel that it was terribly designed. Disappointed too, since I would've loved to tinker with a 20wiz/5monk or a 25cleric with epic spells or the like.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Hey

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Thanks.
    Guild Decay - The decay currently makes it so small guilds or guilds that dont play every day can never make it past 25 and makes any renown gained pointless...I'd say remove decay except for "Prestige" levels...you don't gain any new buffs or anything its purely a status symbol probably lvls 80-100 with that I say crank the decay up for that if people want to hit 100 and stay there they have to work their little fannies off of course keep any small size modifiers.

My Pet Peeve - This doesn't effect me directly since I have obtained most of the P2P quests but it does really annoy me when I'm playing with a bunch of other people (namely my static group which amounts to about 70% of my play time) who are either F2P or only have a few quest packs and were looking through the quest list and keep coming across quests we can'[t do.

What I propose is having any P2P quests have a symbol that marks them as so...well two symbols actually one if you personally own it one if you don't...if you don't own it clicking said symbol will open up the relevant purchase in the DDO store In-Game. This will make questin easier and could incentivise purchase instead of creating an annoyance.

Oh and I'd also like to mention the bug where you can't use Wild-Shaped attacks while raging...roaring and claw a guys face off is not a spell and should not be subject to the limitations it comes with they should function like cleave or stunning blow.

Enhancements - There's not much I can say that I haven't already until I see the changes coming at the end of the month so I'll just leave it with this...just remember we play this game because its different/flexible...don't stop being different/flexible

That said I'm am very much looking forward to the changes and I pretty much expect to have to LR if not TR the majority of my characters upon release of the new system....just let me make crazy stuff like Arcane Tanks, Bardchers, Bardbarians you know crazy stuff :P
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 06-12-2013 at 02:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

sorry double post
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 06-12-2013 at 12:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    ...Epic quests should provide a LOT more renown.....
    i loved this idea so much, because it just makes 2 much sense.

...then i thought about it.
    more probs would arise.
    -peopz would just farm it.

/signed if it could b counter-balanced?
    hmmm maybe with some kind of ransack on Favor? *shrug -dunno
    TKSK - Thelanis ("Best Server" -NyTimes).

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast