Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Guild Decay:
    I would invite friends to try DDO if there were no guild decay.

I have a very small guild, 6 active accounts.
    I do not want any more people in the guild because it would make it more difficult to farm for renown.

Before I play, I farm for renown decay.
    As the decay goes up, time spent playing for fun goes down, and my resentment of the system goes up.

Renown in DDO does not mean fame or reputation, it means OCD.
    It means finding the best quest time/chest/difficulty combination and number of accounts to get the most renown.

I have run the giants vault 500+ times; it is no longer fun for me.
    There is one thing that could make the giants vault fun.
    Turn guild decay into a monster with a heart that could be ripped out, greased, set on fire, and eaten as a tasty ham.

Enhancements:
    I tried the new system several times and found it more confusing than the current system.
    I just gave up after a while and figured I'd wait for the wiki to explain it.

Pet peeves:
    Iron defender bugging out... after buffing it.
    Getting logged out while typing this.
    Guild Decay
    Guild Decay
    Guild Decay
    Guild Decay
    Guild Decay
    Guild Decay
    Guild Decay
    Guild Decay
    Guild Decay
    In other words, Guild Decay is simply a pointless repetition.

Summary - I would like to have casual players in my guild without having to spend extra money or time grinding for renown... and grinding for renown isn't fun.
    Last edited by wsddo; 06-10-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Community Member

Due to renown decay, leveling a guild is more akin to a job than a game. I can only speak for myself and my guild mates, but it is a pain in the backside when real life makes it impossible to play and your guild loses a level (or two in our particular case). The current system punishes people for having a life outside the game.

I play to have fun. Having to constantly worry because my guild of real life friends is floundering is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hey

Give me your thoughts on the following. Be verbose, but not 'it sucks' I need 'it sucks because of'

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Whatever your pet peeve is.

Thanks.
    Enhancements: I did not try them out last time, but what I have read, I like. At the least, I like the improved interface that uses the ED visual. It's a pain to remember current prerequisites for PrEs. I generally like what I've read about the enhancements themselves, but I'll have to try them before I really pass judgment. I am not someone to TR a character to fix it, since I'm pretty casual, so I hope nothing gets ruined beyond a LR (that you're going to give us free, right? )

Pet peeve: grinding for epic gear. Especially the old stuff, and even more especially the desert stuff. I'm really not even going to bother with a lot of pieces, which is sad that you guys made some potentially cool stuff that is inaccessible to people with full time jobs other than playing DDO.
    [RIGHT]Adar

Pet peeve: I have no idea how much damage I am capable of dealing with my melees by looking at my inventory read-out (Except for my monks, because they use the old display)! Please please PLEASE let me see my total damage bonus in addition to the base weapon damage.

The absolute worst is my druid. There is no readout whatsoever to reflect what happens to my damage when I change shape. None. To this day, I don't know if wielding an epic weapon grants extra damage dice to my wolf attack or not. I think it doesn't (and if that's the case, it should be giving extra damage), but I just have no way of knowing short of tedious field testing that I'm not even sure I'm doing right.

Please, give me a display that changes to reflect my total damage potential at any given moment. I will build monuments in honor of the dev that does this. Monuments.
    Last edited by dejafu; 06-10-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Enhancements Pass:

I think any classes that previously received devotion enhancements should receive devotion power for points spent in any tree in the class. It doesn't make sense that it is only tied to one of the trees.

Why do sorcerers only receive .75 spellpower for each point spent, and wizards receive 1? Never mind the spellcraft skill. I don't really have a problem with that, but in combination, it seems like it will make wizards actually stronger at elemental spellcasting than sorcerers, and i don't like that idea. If you're worried about sorcerers becoming too powerful in their specific element, just adjust the enhancements accordingly. Also, since you are reducing the multiplier on spell crits, it seems like that will take care of a lot of those concerns.

Clerics probably need a tree to specialize in offensive spellcasting. I get that your general thinking is that clerics are defensive, and favored souls are offensive. I don't even disagree with it, but there are lots of people who want to be able to offensively cast effectively with their clerics, so you should probably make it possible.

I don't agree that there should be a melee cleric tree. There are 0 enhancements on live now which support melee for a cleric. People accomplish this by splashing a martial class. This will be much more effective in the new enhancement system, since there are less class levels required to reach powerful enhancements. So no problem there.

That being said, i haven't taken the time to totally analyze the possibility of multiclassing one of the arcane classes into a cleric, so it may be that this will accomplish the same thing as melee splashing does, i.e. creating a caster based cleric.

A lot of people seem to have a problem with many of the 'core' class abilities being divided up into the various trees. I actually don't have a problem with that. It will create a lot more diversity within individual classes. The way it's set up now, there really isn't any. 99% of all the current enhancements are 'core'. The good ones are as obvious as the bad ones, therefore you can bet that pretty much all characters with a specific number of class levels will all have basically the same enhancements. The amount of diversity from ENHANCEMENTS that are currently on live is vastly overestimated.

Guild Renown:

I guess there are a lot of people that think that a guild with one member who plays for one hour a week should be able to eventually reach level 100. I'm not one of them. Renown isn't the same as xp. It's related to peoples perception of you. Like celebrities in real life, the amount of work you do is directly related to your fame.

I don't have any sympathy for people who's guild stalled somewhere in the high levels. Seems to me all of the important buffs top out around level 65. I know once our guild reaches that level, i really won't care at all if it ever gains another level. Are there really people who attach a lot of status to the level of your guild?

I do think that perhaps the small guild bonus should be increased, even though i realize that it's much easier to have a large percentage of active players in a small guild than a large guild.

The guild i am in has an active membership currently of 15 players. Of those, i would say, about 8 are truly what i would consider active, meaning they play most every day. A couple more play a couple days a week. A few of them, i don't ever see them on, i have no idea when or if they play, but they count as actives, so they must have logged in sometime. Our guild is currently level 58, and we ding a new level about once every 2 weeks.

I understand that there will be a jump in decay when we reach level 60, so we will see what effect that has on us. Up till now, i haven't been able to notice any effect from decay. If it stalls us, or slows us down some, that's fine.

I don't think necessarily that our guild should be able to reach the same level as large power guilds. That's kind of what they are about. If it's important to them to be level 100, let them have it.

Login crashing:

Lots of people have been having these problems for a while. A lot more people have been having them recently including me. I never had this problem until recently. I now dc at least 50% of the time when i first log in. I can only imagine how much worse it is for people who already had these problems before.

People wonder why there seem to be less people playing recently. It could be that they simply can't log on.

I forgot to mention The Forum. There's so much wrong with the forum right now it's not even feasible to make a list. The DDO Forums, the entire website in fact, is a total embarrassment. It's the worst looking, least functional, most annoying website in the history of the internet. Okay, maybe not quite that bad, but it's bad. Painfully bad. Eyebleedingly, un-navigatibly, constant-logoutably, waste-of-bandwidth-ly bad. And it's been bad for WAY too long. Embarrassingly long. A complete computer illiterate intern could have taken a course in web design, passed it, and remogrified this mess from scratch by now. Kick the web-devs in the wazoo, or release some funds into their budget, or do WHATEVER it is that needs doing to get this place fixed already. Pretty please with cascading style sheets on top.

Hey

Give me your thoughts on the following. Be verbose, but not 'it sucks' I need 'it sucks because of'

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Thanks.
    I haven't read the thread before posting, which is unlike me. Therefore I ask forgiveness if anything I post is duplicated elsewhere.

Enhancements Part One:

Divine side, the enhancements are really bad. At least what was presented to us via alpha. My response is the same as it was in a few places. You see, many players want to play a Cleric or Fvs, not a 'healer'. There are some who do wish to only play 'healer'. Suppose that's fine too, though personally I frown on it. The previous set of enhancements were much more flexible than what was presented in alpha by comparison. If I wanted to build a melee cleric, I could. If I wanted to build a hjealbot, I could. If I wanted build a divine caster I could. Yet, even the enhancement pass in it's previous incarnation had serious limitations and missing peices that limited the potiental of the practitioner.

Building any of the three mentioned took multiple past lives and gear investment to be effective. On my remaining divines I have invested the multiple past lives and gear roulette needed to make them effective in the roles I envisioned. All of those roles included healing. In fact, healing was the primary focus, with a secondary specialization in either melee/casting/whatever else interests me. Average investment in my melee needed was 3 lives with aquiring gear needed on the journey. Average investment in my divines was 9-12 lives. You shouldn't have to be a freakin' completionist or near one to expect to be able to land a dc spell.

With the current alpha, there are missing things that made these builds function, even as poorly as they did with recently released content and unilateral mob save inflation. Divine Might, Spell Penetration, etc were essential to this. Even with these things we were many steps behind either a more focused melee or casting build of another class. One of the biggest fights I've ever had on these forums centered around whether melee players felt clerics/fvs/bards should have any offensive spells at all. MajMalphunktion, my understanding is such that you have played in PnP campaigns as I have. What Cleric or FvS anywhere would react positively after being told by the DM something like:

"... Hey buddy,

I know you like playing your Divine and all but I need to make some adjustments due to input by the melee guys. To that end I will be pulling your ability to use your domains, limiting the dc's of your spells, taking select spells from your spell list, and hard capping your damage. It's only to you know, ensure that you actually heal our melee guy. Oh, and don't be ****ed man that I allowed the Druid guy access to your highest level spells. He's a melee after all, using animal forms.'

Put frankly I'd be tempted to punch that DM in the mouth and join another playgroup.

There isn't anything in Alpha that allows room for casting or melee divines. Additionally, enhancement choices that made that possible are gone. At least they were when I took a look. My immediate response has been to tr them into other classes. I have 2 left, and what I see will determine whether I will bother trying to play a divine in this game. And out of those two, I'm real picky about who I group with when on them. Why am I picky... because the systems in this game make me that way.\

My expectation was to see domains. We were actually promised PrC's. Yet my only option besides finding a loophole in your system is to play a hjealbot. This is ridiculous to me. Divines are my favorite classes, with Wizards being a close second. Yet your devs don't develop for divines. They develop hjealbot options for melee players. And this is wrong. The PnP cleric wouldn't recognize it's counterpart in DDO.

Enhancements Part Two:

In relation to my other builds of varing classes, I'm not positive or appreciative of having to again rebuild my characters. My feeling is that an addition to the game should not absolutely nuke what exists already. Because it's an addition. In this past year I've had to rebuild nearly every toon in my stable at least twice, some three times so far. Now we are looking at having to do it all over again. Telling me that new builds are possible thus destroying my others is justified is really, really, infuriating.

I have a Shiradi Caster. Not because I like it. But because after 12 lives he can't function consistently in Gianthold.

I have a Juggernaught. I do like it. But I only built one because my other melee builds couldn't survive 30 seconds in EE Gianthold/High Road without spam healing from some unfortunate sap.

I have a Sorcerer. From what I've gathered lately he has nothing to look forward to after capping in EE Content. He was a 3life FvS that got sick playing hjealbot for people and missing dc's in newer content.

I could go on for some time. But I've said enough. No need to reference my other 13 toons.

Guild Decay:

Somehow, the dev folks have managed to reward mediocrity. Guild level at one time brought a corrleation to competence in difficult content. This has been changed. I see many on my server these days from high level mass recruit guilds that play terribly, but want to run EE's with us. Water and Phosporus is the best analogy I have at present for this type of mixture.

More to come later. Dinnertime...
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Community Member

Guild Renown Decay:

Solve the problem of decay by eliminating renown, or if you want to leave it around as a number for people to "e-peen" about, make the same bonuses available to all guilds regardless of renown.

I'd like to know what exactly Turbine's position is on the purpose of guilds. That would help get to the root of the problem. Also, do you, to conserve technological resources, motivate the community to form fewer larger guilds instead of more smaller guilds? What if smaller guilds could get buffs without ships?

Pet Peeves:

Since some people pay to play, you must behave accordingly. The time it takes to fix problems is completely unacceptable and unprofessional. It's especially important when a seemingly unrelated update breaks something that was already working. How long has the Baudry quest line been down now? How about this problem where we can't complete quests because the server thinks we didn't activate objects that we have activated? I had to redo several level one quests on a new character because of it. Even though I saved Heyton and convinced him to help Korthos, I couldn't complete the quest because the server thought I didn't turn all the valves in the room with the crystals. Even though I got the scroll from the storehouse, I couldn't complete the quest because the server thought I didn't use the silver key to open the door. This is the sort of thing that must be fixed within a couple of days at the most if you want to be taken seriously. Because of this lack of professionalism, I'm very reluctant to spend more money on this game.

If you keep guild ship buffs, stop making us run all over the ship to get them. All MMOs have time sinks, but don't insult our intelligence with one so glaringly obvious. To avoid crowded conditions, there could be a few buff NPCs scattered throughout the ship, but each one should grant all buffs as a single action.

Give me your thoughts on the following.
    Enhancements
    A revamp is almost totally unneccassery. Retooling it to match the Epic Destany UI is cute, but totally unneeded. Fleshing out existing prestieges that have only one or two tiers, that's important.
    Providing the missing prestieges (ie giving Clerics more than just Radiant Servant) is important.
    Broadening build diversity and possibilities is more important than making the system more ascetically pleasing to devs & producers who don't play the game anyway.
    Guild Decay
    If it can't be removed from the game, it needs to be appropriate to guild size by member. No bracket system. Decay should be (X) amount per active member, if it must exist at all.
    Communication, Listening & Courtesy
    First and formost, we need communication. You want paying customers to keep paying when you make changes we don't like? Then we need explanations of why these changes are necessary. You want us to feel good about a reversal of your position on security issues? (forum merger/ same log-in info for game and forum) Then explain to us why the decision was made. If you need to "nerf" something for balance issues, explain to us what is out of balance and how the "nerfing" is supposed to solve it. Ask for and listen to feedback about the proposed change, see if the players have any suggestions about how to better address the perceived issue.

Don't ask for our opinions if you don't want them. Asking what we think as some kind of formality, just to move ahead with your plans regardless of what we have to say is... Well to be frank it's B.S. It's a slap in the virtual face. If suggestions are received that can't be acted upon, explain why. If you're told that something is a bad idea, don't do it, or explain why you have to. Address voiced concerns over the games' direction.
    We're not too unreasonable. We generally understand that you can't fully respond to every thought, comment, suggestion, idea, request or musing of every individual player. However, when a sizable group of players come together with the same idea, suggestion or request for information; a response is warranted - and as your paying customers then to a certain extent deserved.

New Coke
    Research and learn from this. In test groups, 60% of participants liked New Coke. However in the recipe change over, they alienated 40% of their customer base and the competition (Pepsi) pulled ahead for the first time. Granted, later Coke came back with Coke Classic and made a ton... But You're not Coke. You're not starting out as the big dog. If major changes are made that are disapproved of -or found to be unenjoyable by- a large portion of your player base and if they do leave, they will not likely come back for "DDO Classic." We don't want to loose this game, and I like to think you don't either.

Yes, this is partially about the proposed enhancement change; it's also relevant to any major changes in how the game is played or how the characters are built. To be perfectly honest, I've already started shopping around for a new MMO home, and found a potential one. Beta doesnt start till sometime after summer. Please demonstrate to me why I should put it back on the shelf and stay where I am.

Thanks.
    Your welcome
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

End game Content, End game content, End game content.
    The game seem to lack content that was just made for end game. Not something to share with lvl 5 through 20 and then epic it. Really why do we need to be redoing the same areas in the game over and over and over again. I really like to see some end game content that was just made hard and for end game. Bring it to lower levels later so it feels like end game. Not like lets go learn it on easy mode then beat it on EE. Second I like it not up on Lamannia, it be nice not see peeps just burning 100's or 1000's pots to learn the raids.

Enchantments
    The main problem had with the new system there no CORE Class abilities. This need to be added back. Really feels restrictive because of this. Forcing people to spend so many points in a tree to get certain abilities. If really want people to have flexibility let use spend them were every we choose. Just make it like before, can not get certain abilities until 10,20,30, ect... are spent total. Second why not have Capstone lock other Capstone out and let multi-classes have them. Improve the core class at higher levels if no one wants to run them as a straight class. For example strengthen Ram's might the more you level you as ranger. Make people want to go straight class with there core abilities not these cap stones.

Pick a direction and stick with it.
    This has to be main problem with the game. I have no trust in building characters anymore. To many of my builds have been destroyed with nerfs and changes in the games. I understand buffing and improving systems, but this overhauling systems all the time gets old. Make up your mind in the direction you want to take the game and go with it. Fixes bugs and Missteps is fine, but this redoing system all the time gets old. Examples AC,Spell casting(multiple times), Enchantmentsx2. To me my characters growth is the reason I play this game. I like new toys, but old ones you need make up your mind and move on. Stop fixing what is working good, help the classes in need.

Things I like about the game, community of people I have come across. The ability to make my character not feel the same as any other caster/melee/archer/rogue.

Community Member

Default Decay is awful

The only purpose decay serves with the new formula is to prevent small guilds from moving forward.

Everyone knows you can't get the formula right so why not just scrap decay completely? Some people on the forums seem to like it, but nobody I ever run across playing likes it. Many of the same people that want decay now were screaming about it every week on the forums when it was a problem for large guilds. Go figure.

We've been working on our guild for a long time and all someone has to do that wants a level 85 ship and buffs is drop our guild and join a mega guild. There should be some reward for building up a guild instead of finding out after a long time you get stuck.

Why can't my friends and 'I just play the game and advance our guild? Why are you stopping only small guilds from advancing? It doesn't make much sense to me.

When we do gain a level we just lose it the next day. Then gain it back a few days later and lose it again the next day. Small guilds don't have the critical mass to overcome this system unless we quit our jobs and ignore our family.

I don't have much time, so I will focus on guild renown decay problem. I think it should be completely removed or at least lessened.

It's not cool for me that I need to get 10k renown each day - not to make a progress, but not to fall. When I want to lvl up my guild, I have to make some stupid (for me) things, like banking quest rewards that consist of valuable renown (legendary, impressive) and taking them only when guild renown bonus week is active, or farming epic ADQ1 chests - which is boring, utterly not fun and steals my joy of playing DDO to the point that I'm considering quitting and choosing more friendly game (I really like my ship shrines and I simply don't want to make a step back - losing 1 guild level wouldn't break a game, but most of us just like the feeling of doing a progress). I like, among many others, 2 of the posts above that describe this problem:

Quote Originally Posted by wsddo View Post
    Renown in DDO does not mean fame or reputation, it means OCD.
    It means finding the best quest time/chest/difficulty combination and number of accounts to get the most renown.

I have run the giants vault 500+ times; it is no longer fun for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheylostmyID View Post
    Due to renown decay, leveling a guild is more akin to a job than a game.
    Game should be fun in my opinion. Renown decay is not. And it's good to preserve what is good and to get rid of things that are bad.

I know that Turbine needs to make a profit and some of it is made via selling guild renown pots, but I don't think it's a really big problem. Just remove the lvl 100 cap. There will always be people for whom being the best is important - they will buy those pots, even without any hookpoint rewards (like lvl 93+ guilds now) just to reach another level.

Will removing decay system affect the number of high level guilds? Yes. So what? That's even more profit for Turbine IMO (considering removal of lvl 100 cap): more pots, store ships sold (eg. I have bought store ships twice, at lvl 25 and 55; no progress = no shopping) etc. And first of all - that would be more fun to many people stuck with their guild levels now.

More additions/revamps to guild system would be cool too. Some nice ideas you can find in Varinox's post on page 2 of this thread. You could also add a new store-only ship for guilds lvl 100+, new amenities (skill, PRR, striding, teleport come to my mind), flexible hookpoints (so we can decide if we want to rent a shrine or more crew), buffs tied to character level (like greater fire resistance shrine: resist 20 for characters lvl 1-9, resist 30 for lvl 10-19 etc., lesser shrines having smaller buffs).
    Last edited by krzyysiek098; 06-10-2013 at 11:07 PM.
    Khyber:
    Healingonly (melee FvS, TR), Groggor (DPS barb), Nimrud (caster, TR), Yayamee (DPS/stun monk, TR), Tadko (evasion tank, TR), Piersi (TWF DPS), Feneya (monkcher), Zornix (druid now, arti someday) and many others (across all servers)

Enhancements

I liked what I saw in the preview, considering it was a test. Listen to players, make changes, and it will be great.

Guild Decay

Scrap it. I don't see a point. If not make renown decay after all the rewards but global anouncements are avaliable, so it is only a status thing.

Pet Peeves

Please please please scrap the skill changes and leave spell power as it is. Even if you need to rebalance it a bit, don't link it with skills.

It seens that was an attempt to make useless skills usefull. If this trends continue soon we will get air SP from jump, water SP from swim and earth to, I don't know, tumble!

It generates way more problems than it solves. Some class will not have access to skills they will need to empower their spells, or have those skills linked to a status they would normally dump (like spellcraft being an int skill will mess up druids)

Instead, scrap spellcraft and find another way to make the skills more usefull.

I personally sugest making heal and repair amplify the effects of healing/repair pots by a certain % per point (say, 2% so a cure serious pot would heal you for 200% if you had 50 heal).

And talking about skills, improve the other useless ones: tumble (I sugest 1%dodge bonus per 10 or 20 pts in tumble), jump (allow it to keep increasing the jump horizontally (we already have wings and similar anyway)), and swim (no idea what to do with this on)

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Communication, Listening & Courtesy
    First and formost, we need communication. You want paying customers to keep paying when you make changes we don't like? Then we need explanations of why these changes are necessary. You want us to feel good about a reversal of your position on security issues? (forum merger/ same log-in info for game and forum) Then explain to us why the decision was made. If you need to "nerf" something for balance issues, explain to us what is out of balance and how the "nerfing" is supposed to solve it. Ask for and listen to feedback about the proposed change, see if the players have any suggestions about how to better address the perceived issue.

Don't ask for our opinions if you don't want them. Asking what we think as some kind of formality, just to move ahead with your plans regardless of what we have to say is... Well to be frank it's B.S. It's a slap in the virtual face. If suggestions are received that can't be acted upon, explain why. If you're told that something is a bad idea, don't do it, or explain why you have to. Address voiced concerns over the games' direction.
    We're not too unreasonable. We generally understand that you can't fully respond to every thought, comment, suggestion, idea, request or musing of every individual player. However, when a sizable group of players come together with the same idea, suggestion or request for information; a response is warranted - and as your paying customers then to a certain extent deserved.

New Coke
    Research and learn from this. In test groups, 60% of participants liked New Coke. However in the recipe change over, they alienated 40% of their customer base and the competition (Pepsi) pulled ahead for the first time. Granted, later Coke came back with Coke Classic and made a ton... But You're not Coke. You're not starting out as the big dog. If major changes are made that are disapproved of -or found to be unenjoyable by- a large portion of your player base and if they do leave, they will not likely come back for "DDO Classic." We don't want to loose this game, and I like to think you don't either.

Yes, this is partially about the proposed enhancement change; it's also relevant to any major changes in how the game is played or how the characters are built. To be perfectly honest, I've already started shopping around for a new MMO home, and found a potential one. Beta doesnt start till sometime after summer. Please demonstrate to me why I should put it back on the shelf and stay where I am.

Your welcome
    Yes to all of this. There have been constant threads over the years actually pointing out what the players want to see changed. Stealth, ranged, classes, etc, etc, etc. That is where changes should be focused. Creating things out of the blue that no one asks for just mistifies me personally. Even when there is a response to these things it still ends up warping into something that resembles little of what is wanted. Really please give us an idea of what you are planning/thinking of doing so we can either have a little input/warning or adopt what I have leaned to do which is to quit asking for improvements or changes at all.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    I forgot to mention The Forum. There's so much wrong with the forum right now it's not even feasible to make a list. The DDO Forums, the entire website in fact, is a total embarrassment. It's the worst looking, least functional, most annoying website in the history of the internet. Okay, maybe not quite that bad, but it's bad. Painfully bad. Eyebleedingly, un-navigatibly, constant-logoutably, waste-of-bandwidth-ly bad. And it's been bad for WAY too long. Embarrassingly long. A complete computer illiterate intern could have taken a course in web design, passed it, and remogrified this mess from scratch by now. Kick the web-devs in the wazoo, or release some funds into their budget, or do WHATEVER it is that needs doing to get this place fixed already. Pretty please with cascading style sheets on top.
    I would say this^, except we had a better site/forums already. I really want to know why someone felt it was NECESSARY to change when it was going to be this bad. Honestly, did someone say "I like this game's forums" and not realize that some work went into making them good or something? Who did not test the forums and figure out that yellow on white or grey on grey (ad infinitum) was bad? I mean, the whole thing is a bad idea all around.

Enhancements

Overall im really excited…for about half of them. I really like a lot of the new stuff available. My dwarven paladin S&B tank is really liking the changes as is my archer. Theres a few places im not really excited about (half orcs and scroll mastery for rogues) but I am certainly reserving judgement until after at least the next round of testing. Most of my characters are looking at having to make tough choices, which I think is a good thing.

I am a little on the fence with the number of abilities that are new “click” attacks, mostly because I have trouble finding room for stuff on my hotbars already.

Guild Decay

I have no real personal opinion mostly because my guild has been 100 for quite a long while. I guess it would come down to what is the design intent? If the intent is to make guilds work to stay on top then well, frankly it is failing. My guild hasn’t had any problems even after we lost 2 of the players who bring in the most renown. Personally, I would rather see higher bench marks, no decay, and more effort to expand the guild levels and options (but without doing much to balance). I could see something like a dummy with less hit points – or maybe a dummy with more hit points but that gives another buff. Basically, what id most like to see is more guild levels and more ship options. I don’t really care if decay goes away, but I think it would result in a better system. I haven’t ever found anyone who was all “look at me our guild is on top!” Everyone is more along the congrats you guys made it. Competition isn’t a big thing around DDO IMHO. Theres places it is, but not with guild levels. Just continue adding guild levels with minor improvements or even just some shinies that don’t actually add anything game play wise.
    The 3 things I definitely want to see though is 1) if decay does go away, increase the benchmarks to compensate. 2) keep the rules for booting/leaving in terms of guild size and bonuses as well as the penalty for loss of renown…maybe even increase it to again account for no decay. 3) more guild levels and goodies – and not game changing goodies…maybe the exact same buffs that just last twice as long (new people to give them), bigger chests, stuff like that.
    Possible alternative to guild decay: have it calculate each day, but only apply once per week?

Pet Peeve

Every group of quests has to have all its own set of 20 ingredients. I would rather see a small selection of common ingredients that work every where along with 1 or 2 special ingredients that make you run specific content. EX: ditch greater 12 tokens, replace them with heroic comms.
    This also lets me start working towards future things now, which I would expect to give some players incentive to keep playing.

/salute
    shamgar
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

Thanks.
    I'll start with my guild friend Loreick first and his pet peeves:

He is a completionist that choose bard as his final life.

1) Completionist should not cost a feat choice.

2) Bards need a good solid damaging spell along with resist energy.

Default Scrap BtcoX gear that is not raid gear

Enhancements
    I didn't see much of them on Lamania, but would suggest that any revamp should add to flavour and options, not reduce power and/or just reproduce existing builds.

Guild Decay
    Ditch it entirely.

BtC/BtCoE gear that is not raid loot.

It truly sucks to pull an awesome ML14 longsword (or whatever), only to realize it will (a) never be used at end game and (b) be bound to whoever first uses it. BtAoE would be fine.

This is doubly problematic for so-called end-game gear. As level caps increase what was once awesome sauce is not useless and can not be handed down to secondary characters.

I still get a buzz when I pull nice old-style BtA gear, and find myself thinking I'll bank this for when I build and X and for when I TR my Y.

When I pull low level BtCoE gear, I just get annoyed. I would genuinely prefer it was slightly less awesome and unbound.

Enhancements
    Guild Decay
    Enhancements - they suck because they are unbalanced inregards to the rest of the game. Once you enhance something, you tend to nerf something else. It has become SOP. Instead of making a slight enhancement for a flavor splash, it becomes a power game build that made overpowered builds so everything became cookie cutter. The base classes / leveling / feats are getting lost to the Enhancement lines. The solution I see is to make Enhancements more like the old prestige classes.

Guild decay... Only thing I can say is that guilds will kick players based on decay which is a bad thing. I understand the need for decay to keep the grind going, but it penalizes the casual player yet again. End rewards for guild renown are not really valuable.
    Since you have a level cap (100), you are required decay to keep the grind going - or everyone will be 100. One idea would be an open-ended guild level where every 10 levels above 100 gives you a 1% bonus of something (XP, movement, dodge,?). Let the people who want to grind eat the higher decay levels.

Pet peeve - FIX BUGS.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

And another pet peeve: spell absorption items absorbing PM Aura.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast