Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Enhancements:

Please less active abilities! I am able to handle 30 shortcuts (numpad0-9 and strg/alt + numpad0-9) and I already have difficulties fitting all active abilities in there. With the proposed changes I would have to ignore many of them ... simply bc my finger-skills won't allow more (not even talking of memorizing them all so that I can activate 'em all without looking^^). Also: Please put in more flavor ... in the alpha most abilities were either super powerful and thus a must-have or completly useless (wand heightening I'm looking at you) ... make it so that the non-super-powerful abilities one has to choose in order to reach the required points spent in tree limits, bring a wider range of flavor type abilities (so not completly useless, but also not increasing ones primary powers aka AC, dps, spell-damage/DC/SPen ... like skill bonuses, or creative uses of skills - like for example the shadowdancers ability to make a diplomacy check using hide instead of diplomacy ... also please less of those ... "you get some chance that something might happen ... maybe" ... I think I am not alone in this that I want to have control over my character and what he/she can ... those maybe/perhaps/once in a lifetime chances that something might or might not happen, maybe, don't really fit in there. (they also don't feel like D&D) ... perhaps some ideas for cool enhancements could be taken from the "Complete Arcane/Divine/Mage/... D&D 3.5 book series ... they have some really cool ideas ... and those feats could easily be changed into enhancements! ... also making trees available to all classes who meet certain requirements (feats, skills, BAB, alignment) would be more than awesome and make those supposedly prestige enhancement trees feel more like actual prestige classes!
    Oh and before I forget it: Make the trees, especially the racial tree broader! (decrease icon size or whatever to fit it on the screen ...)

Guild Decay:

Meh ... I'm running a solo guild ... currently at lvl 47 ... don't have any illusions about sometime reaching the really awesome ranges with +2 shrines and 30 resists ... so doesn't really affect me ... though I like the idea of longer, more difficult and higher level dungeons also giving more renown ... after a 60 minute run, I feel kinda ***** if I get a Heroic Deed as a reward

Pet Peeve:

What happened to the forums??? Please make it so I can stay perma-logged in ASAP!!!! Or at least increase the amount of time until one gets logged out ... I now have to click on something in the forums after every second sentence in another tab, or when I finished writing a comment I'm already logged out again O_o ... that really su***!

General Thoughts:

Please stop increasing the power curve so quickly ... every time the power level is increased, the old loot looses more or less all of its worth and those quests and especially raids land in the garbage can ... especially if those new shinies are so easy to acquire as now, this leads to an ever faster need of new content! ... there is simply no way any dev-team can hold up with that speed. broden the game a bit ... introduce similarly powerful but just DIFFERENT items for the next few updates, so that we get a broader endgame range again ... atm its kinda sad ... endgame has been pretty much reduced to FoT, CitW, PoP, Madstone and Tor ... thats 5 quests ... well Shroud is also still run regularly ... so lets say 6 ... how long YOU think it needs until ppl are tired of those 6 quests (I on purpose left out HoRB xp farming ... as that obviously tires one very quickly anyhow and is viewed as just a necessary evil by everyone) ... please make for a broader endgame again ... so that we have 5 or 6 raids at least that are run regularly PLUS several quests ... oh and PLEASE encurage grouping again ... endgame is such a soloing in best case shortmanning circus atm ... kinda sad ...

But all in all I still love this game (else I wouldn't care to write such a long post, would I? ;p) ... just stating the things that concern me most ... oh and before I forget it ... make Cannith Crafting useful again AND:
    WE NEED EPIC SHURIKENS ASAP!!! (Honestly ... after taking the effort to make stuff like 10k stars, Shuriken Expertise and the Alpha - Halfling - Thrower - Line ... we need some epic shuriken ASAP!!!)
    Argonessen (mains):
    Myriellah (Stargazer II), Xryn (Pale Master), Ryaleen (Air Savant), Mayeena (Assassin)
    Leader and founder of the ShadowThieves guild

Founder

Since it takes a lot of effort to do preview builds just give us the text listing of your current versions of enhancements (similar to what you see on the wiki). That way we can give more feedback before the beta starts at the end of the month.

Fix hand wraps critting with adrenaline,
    Knockdown duration with adrenaline,
    Bonus damage with tunnel vision,
    Not getting offhand attacks with special attacks that grant offhand (such as smite)...

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hey

Give me your thoughts on the following. Be verbose, but not 'it sucks' I need 'it sucks because of'

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Whatever your pet peeve is.

Thanks.
    Enhancements:
    I like the idea of the new enhancements. Clearly they need a little work. My biggest issue would be some disappointment over the lack of completion for racial and 3 PRE's for each class. I liked how each of the new PRE's had a distinct flavor to them. Specifically, since it directly affects my Main, I like how Rogue was distinct between each.

Guild Decay:
    Oh guild Decay, will you ever stop being controversial? I like the fact that decay happens, but I can see how it makes things unfun for people. Games should be fun. What I think really needs to happen is new amenities and reasons to reach the top. For example, that giant portal in the Harbor right now sure would look great in a Large Guild amenity slot, and linked directly to Eveningstar, where I can easily run the new content I just paid for.

My Pet Pevee:
    I dont know how to approach this one, so I will go with the #1 thing that makes me not want to play DDO. I dont know how you plan to fix it, but I wish it was easier for me to find PUG's. I am a casual player, so being able to quickly jump into a group when I get on is what makes the difference between me running solo or not. I dont always have two hours every night to play, sometimes I only have an hour at best once or twice a week. I want to be able to run old content like the Restless Isles. I want to be able to find a quick group for the 45 min I have on DDO sometimes. My guild is ok, but there is not many of them and they are not always doing what I wanted to do. I know this may be more my problem than yours, but its all I could come up with.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

I don't really understand the purpose of renown decay in the new system. Only thing it seems to do is punish guilds with low amount of players. It seems that people don't like to compete against other guilds with guild renown. So removing decay would be a good idea in my opinion. Also I don't really understand why people shouldn’t be able to create their own little guilds and eventually gaining all the bonuses from guilds. It should be harder to gain guild levels for those who want to create very small closed communities because players should be encouraged to socialize in mmo:s but it should still be possible.

In my opinion tiny guilds gain too low amounts of renown right now so some kind of increase would be great. For example adding renown bonus to guilds that are in the same level long would be nice. Also DDO store could have item that permanently adds renown bonus to single account.

Also DDO store should have cosmetic and spellcasting reagent bags.

Hey

Give me your thoughts on the following. Be verbose, but not 'it sucks' I need 'it sucks because of'

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Thanks.
    see below

Enhancements - Ranger changes upcoming looked good, but expensive. Pally changes are still too expensive (as they are today), Barb looks good, Wiz/Sorc was nothing new, nothing better, Bard looked better, but didn't help that class enough to be useful again. Racial pre's could make a lot of excitement if done in a way to be obtainable. (ie 4 pts open that tree and no other cost). Costs and prereqs on much of the alpha were high and prohibited in using much from more than one class/ one race tree. All class trees should have the same amount of points in each and same for race trees. (ie if you spend all options in your race tree that costs 20 points no matter what race you are, and each class tree has a max of 30 pts avaiable to enable spare to go into another class or multiclass tree since much of the core abilities were split between trees. Ie should have been a core class tree and then pre trees specific for that pre.

Guild Decay- why have decay at all, people build up a guild and enjoy the benefits. you have poeple take a break and people want to boot them. it goes against the intent of guild to bring people together.

Evening star challenges - when are these going to be made BTA as we were promised?

rangers tempest nerf - yes i'm still grouchy that was changed years ago to make them attack slower.

crafting - no new recipes? we can get much of the new prefix/suffix in heroic content but can't craft it? even +6 and +7 to add to armor/shields. in essence we can't craft any end game type gear so why bother. AND it takes way too long. I've crunched 100% of everything for the first year and 50% of items i found after the first year and still am not capped crafting.

Trading codes- not sure why this is allowed or a safe in game option to trade, as high potental for theft and grief.

friends list - why can other games see the account level name so you can find your friend no matter what character he is on. this would be a good upgrade

Titan - the lost raid.. anyway to make this useful again.

crafting instances - the servers the crafting is on have crazy lag when you deconstruct items. This carrys over to those quests that are started on those servers. We can /loc and see that it is the i2050 i2051 servers (i think that is the id's if i recall) How about excluding those servers from having normal quests in them?

no free aug bags??? come on... a small one per character would be appropriate like everything else.

Inventory - we get more stuff, more cosemetics, more bags, more items, but not more space. why don't hireling folders have a slot on the character sheet like quivers. cosmetic goggles, why no slot like helmf/armor? how about perm slots for caster spell components or a bag? another option for a bank slot or inventory slot? we need it.

level cap - didn't really need 28, please don't go higher, it will be hard enough with the powerleveling and xp penalty to group from 20 till you can get in range of everyone else at end game.

thanks for being receptive for feedback.
    Last edited by Thar; 06-10-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Proud member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy, but we get &@#$% done.

Kilthar-Thar-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Klunk-Robothar-Minithar-Tharissa-Miriella

Default just a few things

Hey

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Thanks.

whi,e ive not played on lam i have read up on most of the enhancement and already started planning on changing 12 of my 14 characters as they are all multiclass w PrE's. i like some of the ideas coming back but its incredibly frustrating to have a built that you engineered to be completely irrelevant due to a structure change. case in point lvl 20 barbarian half elf Arcane archer w past life sorc now needing lvls of ranger in order to get AA. At the very least if peoples builds are completely impacted create some sort of snapshot of before and after to determine how much effectiveness has been lost and if its over 15% then offer them a greater tr for all levels to have a ghance to make a relevant character again as opposed to tring again into something else.

im not really sure how i feel about guild renown - i have been quoted many times as saying if i knew then what i know now ... i would have foregone my pomposity to wanting a specific guild name and just joined 1000+ member guild on the way to the top, as to not have to ask for ship invites to get access to +2 buffs and the like. while i still could leave my virtually solo guild currently holding strong at lvl 52. we once got to lvl 54 with 3 members and then i took a break and tehn the others left and when i came back we lost two levels. one of my best friends on the server is one of the most active players i know logging between 40 and 60 hrs per week since feb 2006 and his solo guild is only lvl 56 and yeah i get it its a guild and should be rewarded for having members and activities. maybe you decide to take the meta game out of it or change the meta game and in true dnd fashion offer multiple ways to have rewards offered. say maybe reward percentages for length of time as a vip or number of characters above a certain level or number of characters above a certain level on a certain number of servers or anything of the like. or link it to a number of all guild activities completed or even a percentage boost for people in a guild who invite others to their boat ( a community organizer bonus of sorts) or a boost for guilds based on the amount of gear they give away to non guilded players anything really other than this one dimensional guild renown meta game that's currently there.

as far as pet peeves?
    they have come and went through the ages and i think all in all there's nothing too intolerable these days albeit i don't do much endgame stuff anymore as i wasn't able to read the TR writing on the wall while gearing 14 characters and unwilling to start playing just one. - oh wait yeah that's my pet peeve. completionists builds ... not saying make them available in the ddo store and with all the extra content don't make them more easy to obtain- maybe just find a way to make endgame content available without having to have a comletionists build with 3 past lives in fighter pally monk and barb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    Now that I explained that, this thread is less interesting, please continue talking about ghostbane instead.
    R.I.P. HOUSE THURANNI -APATHETIC ASSASSIN- BARRONESSXAMOT--FRIA-Palewind Master-DISEMBOWEL-GAATH THE EMPTY--VAPORTRAIL OMEGAALPHA

Community Member

Hey

Enhancements
    I think that the Enhancement overhaul could be a very good thing for the game if it is done right. Unfortunately, what we saw in the Alpha release was not an example of it being done right. Between lack of complete trees for some Classes, poorly thought out trees for classes that did have them (*cough* cleric/fvs *cough*), and missing features from the current enhancements, it truily felt like something thrown together in a couple weeks. Not a major project that had been worked on for over a year. In my opinion, the enhancement overhaul needs to support both pure classes and multiclasses, but in different ways. It also needs to be built around the way players play the game, not the way that a certain developer feels they should play the game. Things I would like see from the enhancement overhaul include fleshing out current unfinished PrE's, Completing all 3 PrE's per class (As original list), Proper racial PrE's for all races (whether actual new PrE's or class based, either is fine), and Non-Class based PrE's available potentially as favor rewards for certain factions. (Purple Dragon Knight for example being moved from Fighter and replaced with another, and then added t T2 favor reward for those who don't care about cosmetic pets). I also think that releasing an incomplete or buggy enhancement overhaul would be a worse choice than keeping in place the current system.

Guild Decay
    Decay Response

Guild renown decay should be a major concern for me as a leader of a "medium" guild at mid-high level (Level 72 Currently). However, it never really has been. Our guild is made up of a group of friends, some who play more than others. I know full well we could level faster if I booted some of the less active member of the guild, but I wouldn't dream of doing so. My philosophy since guild levels was introduced has always been, we will get levels as we get them. No need to rush to 100.

My current pet peeve with the game is the seeming lack of pride I have seen in recent releases. I simply do not understand how a company proud of its game or developers proud of the work they have done could continue to release things with so many obvious and repeatedly reported bugs. I realize that there is a time limit and things have to be prioritized. I also realize that you are likely working off of 6 year old code that has all kinds of hidden issues that aren't readily related. But, that doesn't justify the sheer number of new bugs or, worse yet, old bugs reintroduced with each new update. I would like to see an emphasis put on fixing some of the glaring bugs so that everyone else can see the great game I do every time I log in. I also want to see a game where developes can proudly post about the work they put in on this or that feature of the new content, or this bug they finally found a way to fix.

Hey

Enhancements
    Enhancement changes = Generally Awesome

Breaking our toons = Bad

Please give everyone a LR+20. JUST A FREE LR WILL NOT ALLOW US TO FIX OUR TOONS!

You're going to break existing toons, and we don't all play for a ton of hours per week, so when the changes come in we need to be able to fix it.
    Last edited by grausherra; 06-10-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Hey

Enhancements
    I am of a mixed mind on this one. I was not a fan of the way it was done on Lam. That pass pigeonholed too many folks. It seemed like a half done system. I am withholding judgement for now since you said they were reworking it some.

What I hope doesn't happen is that it gets abandoned. The way the current system works, it seems like most folks end up with similar enhancements at 20. There really doesn't seem to be a lot of variation. I bet if you pulled up every character that is 20th level and compared the enhancements they are using , that most are within about 90% shared enhancements. The enhancement system should (imho) make folks make choices because it gives them important choices to make. I just do not feel that is part of the current system.

Guild Decay
    Is harsh on small guilds. My current guild has less than 20 members and when college is in our levels drop. When college is on break, our levels climb. It isn't quite as bad as it could be. Since are in different countries the schedules aren't exactly the same but you can tell when school is in.

Thanks.
    My current pet peeve is the Bravery Bonus. It further constricts (along with character level) grouping opportunities. In my guild we have folks with widely differing skill levels and it hurts to tell someone having a rough time that you can not group with them because you are on an elite streak. I know you can do a quest on elite and then help them on hard. It is a lot to ask them to hold on after each quest you run together so you can run the next on elite first by yourself.

Thanks for listening!

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Community Member

Red face Thanks for listening

Hey

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Thanks.
    Enhancements: Alpha form was so obviously more restrictive than live, but mostly I was upset at the treatment cleric received as that is my main character. Clerics need a healing tree, a pally-esque melee tree, a holy-caster I-will-smite-thee with-holy-vengeance tree and real domains. I'll hold back my pitchfork and torch until after I see the beta version for cleric. Thank you.

Guild Decay: Everything else in the game you keep your progress from what you earn. I.E. Alt A runs through harbor earns X amount of XP, and x amount of plat and x amount of gear or crafting xp - whatever, tomorrow/next week/next month Alt A still has XP, X gear, X crafting XP, maybe not plat... never know what you might buy. Renown... earn what you will it slowly errodes away from you for no apparent reason. Now here's the kicker when you buy an XP potion from the DDO store that XP will still be there tomorrow but if you purchase a Guild Renown potion that renown will still be slowly taken from you.

Pet Peeve: I have two. 1) When I first log on, first time of the day my character enters the game world but can't move always gets a red star/x and disconnects, the second time I log on usually works just fine. This has been going on for at least a few months now. Now this isn't my internet connection or computer because i play side by side with my hubby and our computers have the same setup, software/hardware, memory etc. and his was connecting just fine when mine started having this problem and since Update 18 his has started having this problem. I don't know what this problem is, I don't know if it can be fixed. I just know its irritating.

2) Monster Manual - there are so many monsters not being recorded properly in the monster manual. While the in-game bug tool was working I bugged quite a few including sooo many from Devil Assault Hard and Elite, the beholder from Saumi Gardens, loads of fire elementals aren't being recorded properly, etc. Really, I want to keep buying MMs, I love the whole concept, not so psyched about the change from TP to AS as rewards but honestly it saps all desire to purchase the MM when I go creature hunting and it isn't recorded at all or isn't recorded as a new named baddy. Its aggravating rather than giving me that bounty-hunter "gotcha!" pleasure I ought to feel when a rare spawns that I want for my picture list of trophies.

So thanks for listening.
    P.S. this is the first time I've posted on the new forums.... you lured me back.

• Enchantments: I think the basic concept is a good idea, even thou you should keep the visible translation then in tree form and not as a list as it was on Lamannia, otherwise it look half backed and is confusing.

However what I found sad is that you tried to mix certain PRE that don't have yet a 3rd tier to simulate a full tree where one either suddenly lost options or scattered them across two trees. One example is the current distinction between Spellsinger, Virtuoso and Warchanter and the new mix. From a Spellsinger point of view the fusion with Virtuose looked nice in some parts, however the Spellsinger suddenly missed out in the healing department. Also somehow bad that previous 2nd tier elements where now moved up in the tree. Yes I know we still could get them with the roughly same AP investment, but you actually removed the chance to ever get a 3rd tier element.

The Virtuose as master of the song however lost its identity and a Spellsinger has to dip in those elements just to reach higher tiers. Instead to synthetically create a full tree with a mix of two it would have probably been a better option to move the songs in the innate row into enhancements and filling the tree that way, making the way open to cross them from an other tree. If you need to fill the tree, maybe give the Virtuose stuff to demolarize/fatigue enemies or make them dance and the warchanter a little bit more offensive and defensive stuff based on sonic spells to play with.

Same with the mix of the three Paladin PREs into two single ones, making it harder to invest in the core elements of a Paladin like the Lay on Hand. On the other side you cemented a wall between the Cleric which is now either hjeelbot or warpriest, while before we could pick in which part we would want to invest further. I know you said you made it extra restrictive in the alpha version, but this really worried a lot of players. If you want to mess with clerics maybe first give us domains! In short, keep the identities of the existing PRE and if one PRE doesn't have yet a 3rd tier then actually fill that one first!

• Guild decay: While I think the basic concept of giving an incentive to keep on going wasn't that bad but in reality with changing players it is especially hard for small guilds of friends who indirectly have to compete with the big guys. A guild should be about the social concept in the first place.

• Pet peeve: Give us more space (bank, inventory, ...) or options to stash away certain elements like scrolls, potions, etc.
    Last edited by SisAmethyst; 06-10-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

2015 DDO Players Council InsanityIsYourFriend's Avatar

Hey

Enhancements
    I think the new system kills a lot of builds, but makes many many more viable. In the current system the game is amazing due to so many builds that actually works even though most would never have thought it could do well. In the new system it is the same way mostly.
    Guild Decay
    Base it off of guild size, if there is less than 7 people in a guild it should have no decay.
    My pet peeve with ddo would have to be all the doombringers and naysayers. The game is niche and therefore we will never have the biggest population without abandoning that which this makes this a good game (in which case bring the doom). I wish we could have more spells, more meta's, more tactical feats, just more choices!

Tell me why can't I as an Earth Savant move the earth and bend it to my will. If I wish to make the ground move under my feat in order to make me less easy to get hit by melee, and have a vantage point in which I can destroy my foes, why can't I? If I am an Air Savant why can I not levitate with the very airs I control? Wraiths do it! As a Water Savant why can I not utter a word drop an ingredient and make it so cold that no living thing can be around me without having their life bloods freeze? As a Fire Savant why can I not burn so hot so as to make the lava of shavarath feel cool to the touch? Tell me why as a wizard I can not reach into ones essence and remove it? Why as a Rogue can I not create a trap that deals more damage than a few trollish traps? Why as an artificer can I not control every construct I see? Why as a barbarian can I not smash this puny iron door, when with my axe I have obliterated an iron golem? Why as a ranger can I not snipe something without exiting stealth? Why as a fighter can I not sweep aside someone's shield and punch them in the gut rendering them unable to fight? Why as a monk can I not (thinks about it) never mind. Why as a favored soul I can not take the step to the next level and be an aspect of my deity. Why as a paladin devoted soley to good does my weapon only do an extra d6 dmg? Tell me why... After this expansion we will almost be demi-gods according to pnp. Yet we can not do so much.
    Last edited by InsanityIsYourFriend; 06-10-2013 at 03:05 PM.
    I am Falontani, Zeblazing, Zeholysoul, Zeshadowfist, Zesoulhuntah, Zedrunk, Singingblade, and many alts
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    Thanks for the report and Whoa.
    This is talked about a ton, and nothing is concrete at this point. Enter bugs with examples. Tons and tons of bugs. Make Gazebo cry.

Community Member

lessee....

Enhancements
    didn't try the new ones on lammaland. not that they were complete anyway. i guess, so long as we get a complete set (like, more than one prestige per class, mebbe one per race, stuff like that) and a reset should be ok.

Guild Decay
    currently, it's not much of a concern for my five account guild . so, no real strong opinion. no matter what you come up with, it'll be gamed, so try to make it so what the players do is what you want them to do.

easy. targetting. mages, especially pm's, are way out of whack right now. see wail. clerics are having issues also. targetting should be cut and dry, instead it's a total mess. my pm is parked, my sorc is parked, and my clerics are on occasional use only, because of this. it's been "fixed" a couple of times recently, but it's still broken. i donno if it's client specific, connection specific, or what, but wail itself is totally a mess, and other aoe's are flaky. there's at least a couple of threads about this, including some great testing done by players, not including me, sorry. heck, even ranged attack targetting (bows, xbows) are kinda goofy, with shots going off in random directions, but hitting anyway, and the combat animations not lining up with the actual shots. been this way at least since the "new" physics engine upgrade.

For Enhancments: Please look into DC based Divine Casting. The game seems to have moved away from DC casting altogether which makes my FvS sad. Now would be a perfect time to bring back this play style.

Renown Decay: Small Guilds need a hug

Pet Peeve: Bank Space. When DDO moved to BtC for all gear, the existing banking system wasn't updated to accommodate. Previously gear was easily moved to mule toons and stored but not now. Today we have to choose what gear to keep and what to pitch just to TR. I assume this will only get worse with the level cap increase and Epic TRing. Please, please scrap,the current bank system and start over.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Hey

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Thanks.
    Guild decay needs to go away. It serves no useful purpose. And every time you have a game update or "scheduled" maintenance time it hits us twice. Get rid of it.

Community Member

Hey

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Thanks.
    Turn off the stupid cosmetics. Every time I log in I have to turn off the spider mask. Every time. Before the last update I set it to off and it stayed off. Post update there it is.

Community Member

Enhancements: Don't rush them to meet a deadline. It seems to me you are several previews and a couple major system changes away from where you need to be. Hint: Don't fall in love with the ED layout you are using, cramming what we now have in game into a matrix for another system along with some new stuff isn't likely to work well. Try putting the actual PRE stuff into the core bar at the bottom, needing points spent in tree/levels, and put everything else in the upper part just needing points spent (and maybe class levels) to get to and you will be a lot closer to where you should be IMO.

Guild renown decay: Get rid of it. It was a bad idea to begin with to try to turn in game social constructs into "competitive" gaming teams (after all, the only real competition was over who could play the most). It just makes to many players into alienated losers. Remove the level cap and let those who feel the need to compete over who plays the most do so for the sake of competing, rather than everyone who is in a guild.

Hero

Enhancements

I like the idea of the redesign of the enhancements but I find with the new system, it's more restrictive and cost intensive than the previous/current system. Not even in the sense with I feel tied to a single tree as was with the alpha preview but having to spend a set number of points in a single tree to advance in that same tree. An example is my dwarf ranger. Currently I can get all the axe enhancements because of the total points I spend qualifies me for it. However, in the new system, axe attack/damage is one of the few enhancements I have interest in the race tree. To qualify for these same enhancements now I have to spend points on enhancements that are either nice extra but can't afford or completely useless to my build. I'd be much more satisfied if the enhancements could operate closer to the way they do in the current system where qualifications are based on total points spent.

Another annoyance I had with enhancements is some trees have a high amount of clickies (active abilities). Of which some of these last for one hit (similar to Paladin smite) or short term buffs (similar to action boosts). Both of these have their places in the game but I think many of the trees have too many to choose from. So many it feels like they are the only things you can take to advance your character and it's overwhelming to have to manage so many at once. Overall I think there should be a greater percentage of passive abilities or in some cases a few 'stances' that can be changed as the situation changes.

Guild Decay

I am probably one of the few that don't care for decay to disappear completely. I understand the logic for the existence for decay. I think that decay needs to be adjusted to be dynamic with the guild/player rather than simple calculation. Lower decay for smaller guilds and less active players. More decay for larger guilds and more active players. Another alternative may be a personal renown system. Of the personal renown a percentage is contributed to the guild total and therefore level. The more active you are (measured on a weekly or monthly basis) the greater renown bonus you would receive. As well a more active player could contribute a greater percentage than a less active player.

Pet Peeve

My biggest pet peeve right now is the initial log in issue. When I first log in on either my laptop or my wife's for the first time of the day, I'm on the load screen for an extended period of about 5 minutes or so. The blue bar doesn't move until about the last 30-60 seconds. When I finally zone in, I get the red connection icon and then booted out shortly after. This only happens with my account. My wife can login to either computer and it will work first try. To temporarily resolve the issue, I used a Preload program which one of the other players created. However, I'd rather not have to depend on a 3rd party application to be able to play. I hope Turbine is able to resolve this sometime soon.

Community Member

Hey

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Thanks.
    Pet peeve. The new quests are level 15, but in FR, where you're supposed to be level 16 just to get there. What genius thought that up?

Pet Peeves:

1) Reincarnation Bank/Cache: make it filterable and/or sortable... It's a pain to search through right now.

2) Regarding the new 15th level quests added to game, Why were they not made epic'able?!?! You have people screaming for new content, and we get three 15th level quests, that.... See next point

3) We get three new 15th level quests that we can't reach easily. Sure, we can go through the 16th LEVEL quest to get there, but that's just silly. People like doing their Elite Streaks in order... and they don't like having to do a really long 16th level quest in the middle of it to get to three 15th level quests. Now another debate can be whether those new 15th level quests offer enough XP for the time it takes to finish them, but you shouldn't have made it very unappetizing to even get to that to discussion to begin with.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast