Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Oh, agree that Spellcraft is a skill point tax. It's basically a must have, as is heal on a healing character, etc. It's no longer a question of 'do I take this skill or that skill'. Rather it becomes, "how much int do I have to have to fit in the required skills for casting...and then not take any other skills because that burnt all the points.

Also, I really like the direction with removing most feat requirements from enhancements. I really like build flexibility and balancing feat requirements is extremely tricky and leads to things like Tempest requiring 3 feats by level 6 while other PRE's required none. Enhancements should require a certain class level to open and then just have other enhancements in their tree as pre-req's. Gating enhancements by using feats leads to build inflexibility as well as an emphasis on 2-6 ranger/monk/fighter splashes just to hit feat pre-req's for Enhancements. Most of the feats in the game right now stand on their own - they don't need enhancement gating to make them worthwhile.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Hero

Enhancements: I am willing to see one more preview before I really develop a opinion. Wasn't impressed with the first draft as they were to restrictive and would make many people have to completely redevelop thier characters they have spent YEARS working on. But spell craft being tied to skills is not a good idea. You can't get it right now with spell crit/lore/Spell power. Get it working then stop messing with it.

Guild Decay: I'm just glad to be in a good sized, very active guild who has already hit 100. I empathize with those who aren't as they probably will never see higher that 80-85+

Pet Peeves: Mine are more systemic than specific game issues. Communication: You guys just suck at it. (I know you said not to say that but the shoe fits) I follow almost all the major MMO sites and Turbine is beyond sub par between social media, (FB, Twitter , reddit, etc) Dev Diaries (the few and far between here are only informational to the point that they need to be marketing tools) and forum participation here is, well, it's a desert (as in it's barren 95% or the time then we see a coupe of dev responses to whet our appetites). Sure you guys take a beating, but I place most of that blame on you (Turbine). If you explained WHY more often, even if we don't like it, most will respect it.
    Reasons:

1. You ask for input then seemingly never go with the majority. Why even ask? Are you looking for validation? Maybe explain why decision are made instead of just screwing with things.
    2. Bugs that are detrimental to the player go on unfixed for extended periods of time, but those that even slightly favoring players are hot-fixed almost immediately.
    3. Is Lama a preview or Beta server? Going back and forth is confusing to us and leads people on as to how much influence we, the player have.

String Table errors everywhere.
    DNT's
    In game GM's can't/won't do anything.

And to be completely honest, it seems more and more lately that the DDO team of Turbine (I don't play any other Turbine games and never will) are the JV High School farm team of MMO developers. Professionalism and quality are severely lacking. And when you don't hear what you say (ie take a forum beating about a change) it's almost like you throw a temper tantrum and try to punish us by not posting or messing with us. Seriously? Come on.

Oh and Customer Service is incomprehensibly pathetic unless you call. But you can't control that Maj.

But sincerely I do appreciate you asking.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hey

Give me your thoughts on the following. Be verbose, but not 'it sucks' I need 'it sucks because of'

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Whatever your pet peeve is.

Thanks.

Enhancements - They need a lot more frankly from what I've seen so far. Not having at least 3 trees for every class feels a bit limiting, and some trees just aren't very potent, like Paladin.

Guild Decay - I don't really like it. Just feels too punitive for taking some time off to play. It also tends to make guilds want to cull members that are not contributing enough to renown gain. People should want to grow their guilds, not shrink them.

Pet Peeve? Oh, there are so many! But I actually can't think of any right now.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Current things that I don't like in game

1. The Quest Objective Interrupt Bug that prevents quest completion without GM support or recall and try again
    2. LAG - I'm not just talking about Video Lag because the Drivers and Card is 5 years old, but the lag that causes entire groups to stand still not able to move, sometimes even with Mobs still moving and pounding your face in
    3. Decay on Reboots - Why must Guild renown suffer because of Server Down Time?
    4. Druid/Artificer Dog companions "Bugging Out" and becoming non-responsive
    5. Lack of Basic Controls on Summons - Attack/Defend/Stand Ground/Dismiss
    6. Adding NPC to party bar for easier monitoring during quests where a person's death is a fail mechanic

Something I would like more information about before deciding if it is a problem or not...
    Guild Renown Decay. While I'm a member/officer of a guild (Considered one of the Largest Guilds on Khyber) that recently gained level 85 thanks to the change in decay that occurred back in November allowing us to finally get beyond level 72, I can see that smaller guilds will have problems here. My question however is not around IF all guilds should be able to make level 100 (or even 85) but what is the expected "Average" gaming time per player. Knowing that would help some of us Number crunchers see if the Renown Bonus to Decay is even

The Enhancement Pass Alpha on LAM
    I'm not as concerned with "Build Breaking" as some seem to be pointing out as I am the walking away from the currently established PrEs as well as the ones promised when PrEs came into existence. While I have been looking forward to the War Priest I also know of others that have been awaiting the Acolyte of Skin as well as the completion of existing PrE's. I don't know what influence occurred to change that focus, but my humble opinion is that it is not the right direction.

(...)Guild Decay
    (...)
    Do not invite the Trolls, me included. But since you asked...

I will give the enhancements a pass *pun intended*.

As you certainly will know of this thread I will not go too much into the deep of it. All that needs to be said and much more trolling, verbal abuse and hard headed oppinions might be read there. But several gems of wisdom as well. Getting the whole 206 pages short - the last change in the guild renown decay formula helped the big guilds (as certainly intended) but did nothing for small guilds to cope with decay.

Since the renown ransack now was set to WAI as stated in the description of the change (renown ransack kicking in after the first Level leveled up for 24 hours) we now face marginal decay gain guilds to get into "elevator mode" where they one day gain the Level, then next day loose it, then gain again, then loose it, then gain again... Until they finally make the level after several times going up and down. Not good! Certainly nrving those in charge in the elevator guilds. This houl dbe helped with by Banking renown before leveling but is that really WAI for you?

The small guilds still struggle to get enough renown / day to cover for decay. Since the change they need much more per capita renown to battle decay than similar Level big guilds and while small guilds get at least some bonuses to help them, guilds in the mid ranges of about 30 - 50 accounts still stall without superior activity. So the only guilds growing fat and leveling like crazy are the very big guilds. WAI to clearly prefer big guilds and big guilds only? If yes, read the next paragraf very careful, please!

Now a new phenomenon has been arisng: Big high level guilds actively recruiting Senior Players from smaller and less advanced guilds. Seniority in activity and experience, that is. Now struggling mid level guilds have the problem to retain their best players. As soon as these players get noted by the bigger and higher leveled guilds, they usually get an invite to switch guild. The change therefore failed to adress the one thing it was ment for: To open more guilds to casual players. We now see struggling mid level mid size guilds that try to develop players around a small guild leadership core and as soon as their best players get experienced, they get lured away by higher level guilds. Now higher level guilds may recruit more casual.-minded players. Recruiting more noobs and new players? No, Sir!

There had been many a proposal in the official discussion. What most of these proposal lack: Funding. They are complex and therefore expensive to develop and implement. They do not get immediate return on investment. So as far as we have seen Turbine´s Way the last year, this will never get done. The easiest solution would be doing away with renown decay completely. Setting some variable to Zero should be easy to do. It would immediately silence most uproar on fairnes or unfairnes of the system. And for some bragging, pot sales and other general purposes, why not introducing some leaderboards like "most renown total gained for the month" or "highest renown per capita gain / month"...

But again, this all has been laid out into deepest detail in the official discussion. But thank you for asking.
    Last edited by Nestroy; 06-10-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Enhancements
    From what I saw from the Alpha, and you should ask this again once we see the beta, I'm concerned with the below:

- Pallies and Rangers (bards too?) not getting devotion enhancements. This really is terrible as even the Heal skill changes really are bad for this. Few of these build have the skill points available to train this up and none have a gear-slot free for a heal +15 item.
    - the “points in tree” gating generally is terrible as being forced to buy useless junk is never fun.
    - Casters . . . I’ll let the people with good sorcs comment on that as my Wizard is getting what looks like a buff . . . but meta-gamewise I’m unsure of the wisdom of giving Pale-masters yet more power via heroic enhancements. It’s just plain dumb to fix and issue in high-end epics, DC casting being near useless because saves are stupidly high, but giving Wizards more power in Heroic where they simply don’t need it. A smarter move would be to lower mob saves and not add to the powercreep.
    - The changes to monk stance . . . these give the player in me a major e-boner as it looks like we’ll be able to get a ton of power out of these . . . but this is such obvious over-powered nerf-bait it’s not funny. Every kensai will be fighter 12/monk 6 in grand-master earth-stance because it’s so good you’d be in idiot not to. I’m sorry this just shouldn’t be allowed as you will nerf it later anyway since it’s so OP.
    - Clerics . . . . it’s already been said that this has been re-done so I’ll withhold judgement.
    - Stalwart stance requiring a shield being equipped is 100% not acceptable. Rest of the right looks pretty good though there is some questionable level-gating and that capstone is really meh compared to 6 monk levels.
    - Rangers look awesome. Like REALLY awesome with the exception of the above mentioned lack of devotion ENH.

Guild Decay
    No dog in this fight, though the last changes allowed my perpetually level 85 guild to make it to 100.

Not progressing ever is not fun. I understand the need for decay but I'm not sure what the right formula is.

Power-creep ruining a great game. Best example of this is the saves in the U16/U17 content making DC caster borderline useless.

Thanks.
    No, thank you for asking

Community Member

Enhancements

I don't mind the overall idea here, but there are a lot of rough edges that require some more thought. Many are in the details of a specific tree, and I'm sure the trees will change before they go live, so I'm not going to go into those.

The core abilities in a class are now divided amongst the PRE's. In a class that has 3 PRE's this causes a serious dilution of capability for multi-classing. For example, Core Rogue abilities are spread through 3 differnt trees: Acrobat -Haste Boost, Assasin- Sneak Enhancements, Mechanic - Skill boost, Wand and Scroll Enhancements.

The limit of 3 trees means you are giving up a CORE ROGUE ability in order to multi-class. I can make interesting builds within the new system, but spreading core class abilities across 3 trees means to me that you can't be a well rounded rogue and still multi-class anymore. That's a pretty severe restriction to me.

In some ways, the classes with only 2 PRE's are winning here, because their abilities are not spread as thin and its still possible to multi-class and not lose core class abilities.

Second, many of the innate capstones are inferior to the original class capstones. For example, the PaleMaster capstone is not as useful as the original capstone which was given to the ArchMage tree. Again the capstone was a wizard capstone, not a ArchMage or PaleMaster capstone, so the choice to give it to ArchMage seems pretty arbitrary. To me a better system would have been to give each pre an option( via a selector maybe) to either take the original class capstone, or a new capstone that is tailored for the PRE.

Guild Reknown

Shoot it, and find another way to deal with the Korthos Army issues if that is still a concern. It has to much baggage to be an asset now.

Other

Lack of communication from Turbine -- There has been almost no meaningful communication from Turbine for the past several months. The black hole leads to speculation and nerd rage in response to said speculation... I know you can't tell us everything, but there has to be something between silence and telling us to much. Especially when you are making fundamental changes to the games core mechanics.

Recent Loss of players, especially long term players -- I'm really concerned about this one. We don't have direct information, but the anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that we are losing player base. My guild alone has lost about 1/2 of its active players, many multi-year players since MoTU. They didn't leave the guild, they just decided to quit playing. I know people quit all the time, but the number of established players quitting in a relatively short window has me concerned.

EDIT: OTHER PEEVES: Storage Juggling beoimng such a major time sink, and all those darn BTA challenge and crafting ingredients.
    Last edited by Grubbby; 06-10-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    TPICKRELL forum identity still broken, 15 weeks and counting... So yet another throw away Forum identity

Enhancements: I dislike the current system because it's tortuous to figure out what is available and what is pre-required to get it. I'm looking forward to the future enhancements because they fix that. I'm generally more excited about new build oppurtunities than distressed about old broken builds. I'm a 'build maker' type. I'm not usually a fan of very long requirement trees as gates to the powerful stuff because it feels consticting.

Guild Decay: Advancing in guild levels was fun when it came out. We looked forward to our new guild swag as we unlocked it. Then we reached the limit of our guild size and play time and stopped progressing. It isn't exciting any more.

Pet Peeve: As my characters approach the last couple levels before 20 they run out of stuff to do. I generally don't like repetition in quests. Their advancement slows to a painful crawl. They sit unused for months without much to look forward to. No epic people want to play with them. They crawl, gasping over the finish line to 20, and then everything's fun again.

Enhancements
    Honestly, I can't wait. I know a lot are skeptical and yes they are some adjustments needed, but overall, I think it will help the game greatly, as long as it stays flexible. Honestly, 3 class trees + racial is a lot more options than you'd think. Just don't make us invest all 80 points in a single tree because of a global bonus, that's no fun and removes all customization. (Maybe cap the global bonuses per pts in tree, or give them diminishing returns past a certain number?). And from what we've seen on lam, costs need to be lowered and quite a few skills were worthless.

Guild Decay
    Speaking as someone that managed to conquer it (we got level 100, mostly in the old horrible system), I don't really care either way. We made it, others can as well, it's not that hard. But I wouldn't be offended in any way if you decided to scrap the whole thing.

So hard to choose just one.... I'd probably go with the bad performances of the game ever since MotU. It gets worst every update too. Just to name the main problems:
    • Load times are so bad now that the game DCs me every time upon the first login for the day, because the initial loading takes just that long.
    • Zone crashes. Most zones are fine, for example no matter how many time I change toons I never crash in the harbor. But certain ones are guaranteed crashes, the worst offenders being the King's Forest (100% crash rate since last patch), the sands, the orchard and the red fens.
    • Random 'loading' making the game freeze. Since MotU again, upon certain actions (completing a quest (mostly this), opening the store, opening the ED panel, etc) the game completely freezes while loading like crazy for about 20 seconds (more or less). Meanwhile, mobs are still killing you.
    • And of course, the 7 awesomium processes...

That is what's draining my enjoyment of the game the most.
    Last edited by Ovrad; 06-10-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Hey

Give me your thoughts on the following. Be verbose, but not 'it sucks' I need 'it sucks because of'

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Thanks.

Enhancements:
    Should allow maximum creativity, and flexibility, i.e. options, when building your character.
    PREs should be 4 APs, Stat increases should be 2 APs, all others should be 1 APs.
    As for the tree, meh.. I was never a fan of WOW and their trees.

Guild Decay:
    There should be some decay, but every 10K it should lock. So once a guild hits that plateau it could not go lower.

Pet Peeves:
    It feels as if you all are steering away from Eberron and more into Forgotten Realms...
    If that is the case, then your next expansion should have a Forgotten Realms starter area, not introduce "Iconic Classes."

Which brings me to my next issue.
    We're still waiting for more Eberron specific races/classes. Gnomes, Kalashtar, Shifters, Changelings, WF Scouts.

Add more skills, and make some of the ones we have more relevant.

Fix bugs.
    Bring in... GNOMES!!!

Hey

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Thanks.
    Enhancements
    The new system feels too restrictive. "Boxed in".
    Tempest, Kensai & Stalwart have little to offer for anyone thinking pure build, Things are too costly, and not worth taking.
    Casters, Artis, Bards & Rogues all have decent (not great) trees.
    Not sure about using things like dex for a sneak attack bonus though.

Guild Decay,
    Decay, guild size, guild level & housing need a total revamp.
    Decay should be adjusted by size, level & active accounts combined, on a sliding scale. Starting from a default # and adjusted accordingly.
    As for housing (airships) time to put those ships in for an overhaul.

Pet Peeve,
    ALL Faerun content is lack luster and provides zero challenge compared to Eberron content.
    Sure it looks nice, but there seems to be a BIG lack of creativity and providing each class a "place" in a group.
    Right now, most any decent geared toon can solo the vast majority of the content on leet.

Pet Peeve #2,
    Lag, bugs & lack of transparency on Turbines part addressing these issues. (with exception to your recent thread, we have had very little communication from the devs lately)

More to follow, this was my initial response.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Hey

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Thanks.
    Still not got my original account back, so:

Guild Decay: I can see advantages to having some kind of decay system, as it encourages people to keep working towards getting more, but I am not a fan of the way it is currently set up, I would rather see it changed so it's not a constant thing and the players have some control over it:

Idea 1: Change it so it only happens when the majority of a guild is inactive for x amount of time, this has the advantage of being a benefit to smaller guilds and active larger guilds, but actually effects those who are inactive. though it may hit larger guilds more than smaller ones.

Idea 2: Allow Officers to spend Guild renown to buy guild benefits, as an addition to the current Hookpoint mechanics:
    A) Perhaps letting Guild renown be used to buy Gold Seal Crew/Items
    B) Additional items unlocked at levels where there's currently no rewards which give different options for Crew/Small/Large hookpoints.
    C) Unlock Additional Ship Hookpoints for a set amount of time
    D) Buy Cosmetic changes to Ships, Paint colours, Trophies (Arraetrikos Head mounted on a wall as an option for an Officer who has completed the shroud), Elemental Ring colours etc.
    E) Buy Permanent upgrades to ships, additional hookpoints, New Ships etc.

Could use a combination of Idea 1 & 2, or just get rid of Decay and use Idea 2, either way would be of benefit and still cause Renown to decline over time if the guild was not working to keep it active.

Pet Peeve: New Forums are just Horrible, they look kinda okayish, but the mechanics underlying them are frustrating: still not able to log into my original account, getting logged out while trying to post this reply, logging in to find I was back at the top of the forum not even in this thread anymore, the whole security mess with the same password...

Community Member

Enhancements
    Really didn't like the first draft - it had some promise, but was let down by the fine details

Guild Renown
    Divide the current amount by 10

Pet Peeves
    The 'Camera' and blocking scenery. When my toon is jumping around and fighting why do the bl**dy tapestries/branches/beams/etc suddenly block my sight?? Of course if its between my toon and his target then I shouldn't be able to see what's there. But for me to not to be able to see what's happening because there's something between the 'camera' and my toon just get's me swearing like a builder with a skinfull of beer (and my old man was a builder who quite often had a skinfull so I know!). Its bad enough when the camera's point of view changes because of how close the wall is behind the toon, but I can cope with that - at least you can still see your character.

Enhancements

Players wanted 3 PRE's per class. We got an entirely new system (which lacks many of the PRE's we've been waiting for). It's like we asked for one thing, but got something completely different but kinda based very loosely on what was asked for. As mentioned by at least one other poster, I'm not against waiting on this until the classes all have enough tress to fill in the roles we're used to.

Useless prerequisites are useless except for increasing the cost of the enhancement further up the tree. There is an easier way to do this. Just increase the cost of the enhancement and use the space freed up by removing the useless enhancement for something else that is useful. I know we aren't supposed to be able to have everything that's good, but don't force us into poor enhancements just to get to good stuff. It should all be good (or at least niche useful) and we have to make decisions. Lack of decisions leads to cookie cutter builds and lack of choices instead of what makes DDO great, huge character build customization. Make me want to try various paths through a tree instead of basically guiding me through the tree.

Guild Decay

It doesn't effect me or my guild, but it's a huge negative for those that it does effect. At one point, large guilds were penalized, now small guilds are penalized. I think it was poor implementation right from the start. Any system designed with a negative hurdle like guild decay is destined for groans from the community.

It needs to be clearly stated what the purpose of guild decay is before the community can decide what's wrong with it. Is it meant to slow guilds down? Or lock them into a narrow level range permanently? The two are quite different. From a design perspective, what is the purpose? If it's meant to slow guilds down, then I don't see the point. That could have been factored into gains instead of adding a loss system. If it was meant to force guilds to plateau at a certain level, then it was a very poor design choice. Players want to attain the highest goals in the game, but don't want their social game aspects effected as a result. Forcing players that want to attain higher guild levels to warp their guild numbers was always a bad idea. It was bad when large guilds were booting players to get to small guild status and it's bad now that small guilds are forced to bring in more members to get the level up.

If decay must be kept for some reason, it should be a factor of individual in game accomplishments or failures not just a daily "sucks to be you guys" sort of thing. Even then, it's still a negative feeling. I'd say just scrap it and at some point visit guild levels above 100 and add something more balanced at that point.

New Forums

It's in almost every way, inferior to the old forums from my perspective. Multiple screens to navigate through to get to where I want to be. I don't even log in anymore unless it's to post something. Basically if you had used the exact template from the old forum and added the new password feature, I would have adjusted fine. It's yet another case of Turbine taking something that isn't broken (from a player perspective) and "fixing" it, breaking the entire system in the process. This sounds negative, but I'm sure you guys have enough accidental bugs to fix without adding more on top that were for things players never wanted to begin with. Let's call that a huge pet peeve. Making more work for yourself.

Pet Peeves

Seemingly unnecessary nerfs with absolutely no communication or reasoning from those that put the nerf in place. Removing off hand tactics procs and "downgrading" Abbot loot are still annoying to me as I never really heard the "why" for those.

On a positive note, thanks very much for opening the lines of communication. That has been my number one gripe for quite some time. I get to strike it off the list at least for now. Keep up the good work. Even if absolutely nothing comes of this thread and all the comments go right into the trash, the effect that communication has on the DDO community is something that really helps positive feelings and will help keep negativity to a minumum.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 06-10-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Hey

Enhancements
    enhancement:
    Caster enhancement alpha need some rework:

As others have said, spellpower/crit lines in all damage types are necessary for all classes. The best way to fix this that I've heard is to scrap the current implementation of universal spellpower per point spent and introduce a spellpower/crit/metamagic tree that all casters have access.

This is a super elegant solution and props to whoever thought of it first.

Spellcraft/repair/heal/perform:
    Just a really bad idea, it's a sink that serves no purpose other than to sell skill tomes. Since skill points are usually planned and spent starting at level 1, you're basically forcing a LR of literally everyone playing a caster. From a balance perspective, this is really just detrimental to the classes that don't have many skill points to begin with, especially divines who are already spread out thin in general.
    Last edited by AtomicMew; 06-10-2013 at 01:22 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Thumbs up My (first) thoughts!

Good evening!

Hey

Wow. Are you going to have time to read through all the answers? Or are you detailing underlings to compose lists? That could be a lot of reading!

Enhancements
    I appreciate you guys wanting to give us an "early" preview of ALPHA... but with the subsequent lack of communications you have created a lot of worry in the player base and IMHO done more harm than good (to at least about 75% of those I regularly talk to). e.g. I wanted to have as a next life a pure monk. With the rumors about Turbine trying to squeeze enhancements into the XPAC... and the fact that a Monk is (as compared to fighter) relatively enhancement dependant... I am worrying about TR-ing. (We got hammered by the AC changes in Motu... from "untouchable" to "glass cannon" overnight).

The little information that has been given out has disappeared under speculation and the weight of DOOOOOOOM threads.

If I recall correctly, the original information given out was that the enhancements would stay the same... just be presented differently. Naturally that comment can be put in the same category as "take Paralyzing off the Kama and put it on the shortsword" back with the intro of Cannith Crafting. Some of us have spent a long time working our builds out... and are worried that Turbine is going to muck them up... so worried that we are installing other games on our computers and spending some time waiting to see what is going to happen... because I don't want to waste my precious free time building up a character that I know(!) is going to get hosed in the near future.

I am sure that if we keep playing, we will be able to develop new builds with the new system.

The other thing that worries me about the enhancements are all the bugs that are going to come with it. But well... it happens. It would maybe be good to get a bit of an insight into how the bugs are managed... and prioritised... and what plans are afoot to save us after the great ENHANCEMENT crash of.... 2013? 2016?...

I don't have any specific concerns about specific enhancements (other than the racial PREs... Toughness... and DIVINES!!) because I do not "know" enough to be concerned. I personally have never had a problem with the "old" enhancement system... and I am not at all excited about being forced into trees.

TL;DR: Lack of info. Release date. Bugs. Lack of Info. (racial PREs... Toughness... and DIVINES!! (I will believe it when I see it - eg Cannith Crafting Paralyzing))

Guild Decay
    I am the leader of a small guild.
    I don't have a problem with decay. I don't have a problem with maybe not being able to get the biggest airship. I sometimes think guild buffs should also be level restricted (maybe a shrine that gives resist effect based on your level) because at level 1 30 fire resist is a bit over the top... especially for free! But then again it doesn't really bother me. It also wouldn't bother me if guild decay was scrapped entirely. Everyone would probably somewhen end up at level 100... but what does it matter?

I cannot help but notice the lack of plural in that sentence!

1) The lack of communication. When the forums changed then suddenly everything went much quieter. Update 18 release notes did not appear on Lammania so no one knew what they were really testing. One or two more dev diaries might be nice (as long as they are devs...and not people that seem to think paralyzing can be cannith crafted...). Compared to how it was before the change.... it felt almost like being abandoned. I used to check the forums many times every day. I read (and wrote a bit) MYDDO. Now what?

2) We are now about halfway through the year... where are the quality of life changes?! Now I cannot even stop recalling from a quest. I cannot farm shards for the Web of Chaos items (the ones I want... coincidentally)... the quality of my gaming life has been reduced.

3) Storage space?? Why not let me spend moar money to buy moar bank space? Why not carry the TR cache over to the next life to save us wasting more time sorting stuff out and dragging it over? and so on. I have money. You want it. Get the cat devs to work on a bank expansion before they bring out a snail companion (although... I would buy a SNAIL! *hint*).

3a) Storage space sorting? Why not sort the shared bank alphabetically, by level or by value? The TR-Cache? Would be a major quality of life improvement!

4) The default character paths REALLY need real looking at! Maybe open up a design competition for the community (with the community voting on the winners...)??!! That way some of the build specialists out there could produce stuff that would not instantly GIMP newbies coming to try out our nice game!! I personally was shocked... SHOCKED at the Iconic Bladeforged path to L15. Even I can build a better paladin (and for the few who know me that is saying something!!).

5) More F2P 10-15 content!

6) Fix the LFM system. (see other threads).

7) now that Menechtarun is old... change it so that Against The Demon Queen does not have to be run every time in order to do the raid... or have Zawabi teleport you to the entrance once you have been there once... and do something similar for TITAN... LoB... Master Artificer... now that this content is getting quickly outdated... do something to make it attractive(r) to run.

8) Epic... introduce the same crafting trade as in the SANDS.... trade scrolls. Now that the move is away from the epic crafting... then why not trade shards and seals!? The old epic items are mostly getting outdated by epic vendor trash anyway... I am certainly not going to farm them when I run out of things I want to do... I'll just go and do something else until some new content comes out!

Thanks.
    For you anytime! Even though I had to relog in order to post this.
    9) fix the forums!
    Last edited by AlmGhandi; 06-10-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: When I wrote this there were no replies yet! LOL!
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Hey

Enhancements

Guild Decay

Thanks.
    Enhancements: Generally I liked the way they looked on Lamma. I'd say I'm excited about them but the overhaul was announced/delayed so long ago (and then delayed, delayed, delayed) I've gotten to the point where I'll believe they're actually going to be released the day they go live.

Guild Decay: It seems excessive. We hovered at almost 93 for ages because decay was almost as much as we could pull in a day. It finally took members running renown pots to break the barrier and put us solidly into 93.

Pet Peeve: Crafted Handwraps not working properly with ToD rings & ED's. Summer Smoke specifically, may be others overwrites both ToD ring damage and Gravewrap Entropic proc.
    Last edited by Gadget2775; 06-13-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).

Add this as a HUGE pet-peeve . . .

CHALLENGE XP! This was DOUBLE-NERFED and NEVER fixed. After NEARLY A YEAR.

I mean really.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post

The one constant is that decay is no fun. No one likes losing anything. especially when we are losing renown "Just because".

The system rewards amount of play above quality of play ...

Renown decay should just be done away with. let us keep out "levels". DDO has never been a PvP (or GvG) focused game. dont force it in that direction with petty penalties. XP loss on death wasnt fun or effective. Neither is Guild decay.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post

Pet Peeve of the moment: awesomiumprocess.exe. This CPU and Memory hog has to go, it's the weakest link. Everything worked fine with just the DLL.

Pet Peeve number 2 : Fix the forum logout !!!!!!
    I don't want to have to relog on the forum every 15 minutes, once a day is the most I am willing to cope with.
    These^^.

Sorry to piggyback, but saves me some typing. Can't improve on Impaqt's presentation @ renown decay.

Adding to the not-so-Awesomium thing. Am already a casual, but the problems it's been causing when I *do* try to log in for a while usually send me packing for the day. I have been to the threads where it is discussed. I'm happy for the uber-machinists that don't get stalled by these processes, but for the rest of us common folk they really need to be attended to.

Regarding Enhancements, I have little info to work with. I just remember from early on that even basic class functions were near impossible to get, and mostly by forgoing any extra skills. (early Llama version.) However these proceed, always remember they should "enhance" our characters, not be required for our root class skills.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Guild Decay....cuz it sucks. No really. Unless the Devs have totally missed it...there is a uber long post / thread on this already for your reading pleasure.... But since you ask... Decay could be less...or removed completely. We are a medium sized guild...so our bonus is not even worth mentioning.... Very little.

The bonus is a nice idea....but I cringe when i see large guilds ...and a small guild get. .. And the difference now.. Why not just make the bonus a flat bonus set by guild level? Actually.... At this point I dont care.... Probably best to just remove the decay all together as well as the bonuses.

While you are at it...can you add hooks to all levels of boats please. Now that you introduced Skill tomes.... Can you also add/create skill boost npcs or easter island heads?

So many dry areas in the upper levels...ie 71 we got nothin...and nothin still till 74 if I recall.

More buffs on boats. More hook points. Less decay or remove it.

M 2 pp.

Thx....
    Thac0

oh...get rid of the timed logout here....i got logged out while typing this out...and my edit. Gah! I've already beat you guys up on the cruddy forum update that happened. Not you i know...but really....log me out while replying? Geez...
    Last edited by THAC0; 06-10-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast