Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Question Shortcut bars changing positions on their own

Hello. I have twice had (that I noticed) shortcut bars arranged differently on log-in from when I last positioned them.

Has anyone else had this since update 18?
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbed_Servant View Post
    Hello. I have twice had (that I noticed) shortcut bars arranged differently on log-in from when I last positioned them.

Has anyone else had this since update 18?
    Do you play on multiple computers? I end up playing on up to 4 different physical machines, and some of them have different resolutions. That'll screw up the positioning for me. Otherwise, I haven't had an issue.

Community Member

Yes.

I have bars move around frequently when I switch in and out of full screen mode.

I've also had trouble with Vertical bars moving a little bit at a time without switching to/from full screen mode.

Haven't seen horizontal bars move unless I switch res or switch to from full screen though.
    TPICKRELL forum identity still broken, 15 weeks and counting... So yet another throw away Forum identity

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

constantly, and it isnt' just with 18, it has been shifting for years. (no joke)

At times the verticle bars may actually shrink at times. I don't know if this still happens, but it *seems* like it does but I can't say for certain though. I think it is pixel shrinkage vs "yeap, that shrunk".

Of the horizontal bars, my 1 and 6 move to the left constantly. and those are on the middle bottom of my screen.

I do not know if there is anything in relation to location and alignment of the bars have any clue.

I play on a singular computer, window mode. (fullscreen vs window may be the kicker on why these darn things move. Or what causes them to move.)

Community Member

I play on a single system, always in windowed mode. My bars tend to gradually drift upwards over time, but nothing really drastic. I simply reposition them about once a month.

Cool ah, more info about my situation...

Hello,

Thank you all for replying.

I play on one computer only, and in full screen mode and have not gone to window mode for a long long time. I do alt+tab to desktop often (fortunately I can...I have friends ingame for whom going to desktop with the game running crashes the game ).
    My bars aren't just moving, they are shifting a good deal or being collapsed back into the 1st bar. I have just noticed it on one toon, my only tr and a multi-classer (what I notice and what is happening may be different ), and it happens between load ins, not when I am playing (do...do you think my cats are playing when I'm asleep? They are a bit clumsy on the keyboard...that whole no thumbs trouble.)
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

just the other day when i loged in I was missing 7 of the 9 hot bars i have up and running.

Was a bit odd since i only lose my hot bars when I TR.

only took a min to put them back but still was odd...
    Aceita - 22 life Monk Completionist -

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffmann View Post
    just the other day when i loged in I was missing 7 of the 9 hot bars i have up and running.

Was a bit odd since i only lose my hot bars when I TR.

only took a min to put them back but still was odd...
    Don't forget the /ui layout save [filename] and /ui layout load [filename] commands. it* should replace your bars where you had them before if you saved them
    Last edited by Thumbed_Servant; 06-13-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbed_Servant View Post
    Don't forget the /ui layout save [filename] and /ui layout load [filename] commands. you should replace your bars where you had them before if you saved them
    ^^ this (fixes it every time no matter what caused it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *fist shake* "Back in my day, we had to run the Coalescence Chamber up hill both ways! There wasn't even snow and the only slippery ice you could find was sleet storm! We had to imagine what snow would look like at Festivult time, and we liked it!"
    http://soundboards.cubicleninja.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    constantly, and it isnt' just with 18, it has been shifting for years. (no joke)

At times the verticle bars may actually shrink at times. I don't know if this still happens, but it *seems* like it does but I can't say for certain though. I think it is pixel shrinkage vs "yeap, that shrunk".

Of the horizontal bars, my 1 and 6 move to the left constantly. and those are on the middle bottom of my screen.

I do not know if there is anything in relation to location and alignment of the bars have any clue.

I play on a singular computer, window mode. (fullscreen vs window may be the kicker on why these darn things move. Or what causes them to move.)
    Yes ive had this problem for a while and I play on the same machine.......... ive noticed that my hot keyed stuff moves from bar to bar on one of my charactors I dont know why its only that one charactor but its damn annoying. Switch toons run into quest I take damage or someone else does I hit the healing keys other stuff happens I have to re rig my hot keys in the middle of combate, sometimes people die lol.