Founder

Default Anyone Know A Fix For Links To Specific Posts?

So I did a search... for whatever that's worth anymore lol. I didn't find anything regarding fixing links to specific posts from the old forums. There also still seems to be an issue with posts that have a 7 digit number. Has anyone found a work-around to these issues yet?

Have a look at this thread. It has all the information required.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    Have a look at this thread. It has all the information required.
    Thank you for the information. I found other threads with some information but not the one you linked. I don't like the idea of adding a running script. Is there any downside to using the Chrome extension?

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Is there any downside to using the Chrome extension?
    If you mean the GreaseMonkey script... it will consume slightly more memory per instance, can slow down page processing if there are several referenced links and sometimes not work correctly on post reference numbers with more than seven digits. The usual stuff.

If you are talking about the custom extension by Subni, I haven't tried that one. Provided the regex filter catches everything, it should work. The source code doesn't appear to do any malicious if that's your concern.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    If you mean the GreaseMonkey script... it will consume slightly more memory per instance, can slow down page processing if there are several referenced links and sometimes not work correctly on post reference numbers with more than seven digits. The usual stuff.

If you are talking about the custom extension by Subni, I haven't tried that one. Provided the regex filter catches everything, it should work. The source code doesn't appear to do any malicious if that's your concern.
    Great, thanks for the help.