Default Where are the psionics

Ok maybe my opinion doesn't count this much because I am not a hard core player.
    But Eberron is missing it's psionic side in my opinion. where are the psionic races and classes?

Anyway that's my opinion. wondering about what others think of this.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silken-Akira View Post
    Ok maybe my opinion doesn't count this much because I am not a hard core player.
    But Eberron is missing it's psionic side in my opinion. where are the psionic races and classes?

Well monks, for one...ki is a psionic power

Second, how would it be any different from existing caster classes? Here's a list from the Eberron Wiki of psionic abilities:

??*The opening of dimensional doorways. (DDoor)
    ??*The emission of psionic blasts of force. (MM/Force Missiles/etc.)
    ??*The ability to dominate those with weaker minds by force of will. (basically any charm CC)
    ??*Telekinesis. (Various spells for damage or knockdown; TK of levers etc. not viable in an MMO)
    ??*The ability to walk through solid things. (not really viable in an MMO)
    ??*Telepathy. (/tell)
    ??*The ability to absorb many "hits" (physical or magical) and then release their power at once. (the only really unique ability listed)
    ??*The ability to "excite" the latent energy within an object, causing it to explode. (various damage spells)
    ??*The ability to travel in astral form to the Astral Plane. (Shadow Walk/Teleport/etc.)

If you really like psionics, just make a Sorc with Quicken and RP one - it'd be the same thing more or less.

sorry but in my view your points aren't valid.
    First just out of a roleplaying standpoint. Secondly you should look at a class like psychic warrior. There is lots fun stuff you could put in a class like that.
    But like I said in my first sentence this is my viewpoint.
    Lastly Eborron has lot of its world which is psycchic related (plot and community based) so in view of expanding Eborron it would make sense (Although FR is more the realm that gets that kind of attention these days)

Quote Originally Posted by Eberron Campaign Seetting, p. 40
    Psionic characters, including psions, psychic warriors, soulknives, and wilders, are found primarily in Riedra and Adar among the Inspired and the kalashtar, where they fill many of the same roles as wizards, sorcerers, monks, and clerics.
    DDO takes place in Xendrik so Turbine probably decided not to offer them as a major class. You do have illithids though. They have mind blast, and a named one has mind thrust and intellect fortress.

That's about it.

Community Member

You know, asking for peoples' opinions just to tell them they're wrong is a great way to make friends.

And droid was more or less correct: monks aside, PnP psionics are casters of a different flavor, just as the splatbook classes are usually hybrid classes with a fancy name. The underlying mechanics are about the same. And while Eberron lore does have a fairly heavy psychic element, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that "psionic powers" update.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

So first you ask for opinions then you tell people their points aren't valid.

In another thread you have just posted

Suddenly stopped playing 2 months ago. Not planned to or anything. but now don't find the energy to start again: kids, good weather, enough other PS3 games I have to catch up too, naruto.
    Maybe start this summer again when there is a pnp pause in our group.
    Also I don't play regular, so it is a no for most group quests and raids for me.
    So as you're a casual and occasional player, let me begin by pointing out to you that the question you raised about Psionics is nothng new. Without going to any effort, here's an old thread on it from 2007.

If you want something more recent, why not hear what the devs themselves had to say about Psionics from an interview with them at PAX East. You can find it on DDO Cast 275, forward to 1:17:20. The questions were compiled here.

Your basic answer is "No plans". Happy now? Or is my view not valid either?
    Last edited by Deadlock; 06-10-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Was I a long time since I posted anything and forgot how close to watch my phrasing things in a forum.
    But you are all indeed correct I did ask for opinions so should avoid the use of comparing it later on to my viewpoints again.

And yes I am indeed glad with the news about the paxupdate about that psychic possibilty (so I know at least), but also a bit dissappointed off course.

I think the Mindflayers have most of them.
    There is no free lunch.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

In the same place as the gnomes. No where near DDO
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

Actually, I talked to Vargouille about this exact same question. With a deep thought and these weren't his exact words but basically "its not on the drawing board". I asked him about Gnome Illusionists, same deal.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility