Default Make a Level 15 toon ready to play! 4 hours later...

Okay, seriously, it took me 4 hours to get an iconic bladeforged ready to go. I'm not about to blame DDO for this... the gear they start out with, etc., is actually pretty nice. But!

I decided, like many, to do things a bit different. I decided I'd shoot for 14 Pally/6 Arti, starting at level 9 pally/6 arti.

Step 1: Re'roll' character 3 times. Yes, I'm that indecisive. That, and let's face it... I needed all 6 stats...

Step 2: Level up properly, maximizing relevant skills. I decided no, I could no afford to make a good trap monkey with this build. Was going for a fun bastard sword/rune arm DPS combo.

Step 3: Enhancements. Oh, but wait! Needed to go grab that +3 Cha tome for my Divine Might... Finish enhancements... oops, did 'em wrong. Reset! Do 'em all over again...

(Pause here for 10 minutes to help a guildee craft a green steel item)

Step 4: Look at gear. Decide what to replace. In the end, I only decided to replace 3 of the starting items. (Goggles, one of the rings, and the weapon.) I crafted two different weapons and purchased 3 off the Auction House. I had to search my toons to find the Lenses of Opportunity I wanted to use, then spend time on my crafting toon to make the shards etc. for the stuff I wanted to craft. Oh, and had to dig through toons for the rune arm I wanted to use...

Step 5: Spells! Had to get the arti spells I wanted... you know that took time to look over and get right. Then had to go buy the relevant components...

So, here I am, 4 hours and 500k plat later, ready to go

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deslen View Post
    Okay, seriously, it took me 4 hours to get an iconic bladeforged ready to go. I'm not about to blame DDO for this... the gear they start out with, etc., is actually pretty nice. But!

I decided, like many, to do things a bit different. I decided I'd shoot for 14 Pally/6 Arti, starting at level 9 pally/6 arti.

Step 1: Re'roll' character 3 times. Yes, I'm that indecisive. That, and let's face it... I needed all 6 stats...

Step 2: Level up properly, maximizing relevant skills. I decided no, I could no afford to make a good trap monkey with this build. Was going for a fun bastard sword/rune arm DPS combo.

Step 3: Enhancements. Oh, but wait! Needed to go grab that +3 Cha tome for my Divine Might... Finish enhancements... oops, did 'em wrong. Reset! Do 'em all over again...

(Pause here for 10 minutes to help a guildee craft a green steel item)

Step 4: Look at gear. Decide what to replace. In the end, I only decided to replace 3 of the starting items. (Goggles, one of the rings, and the weapon.) I crafted two different weapons and purchased 3 off the Auction House. I had to search my toons to find the Lenses of Opportunity I wanted to use, then spend time on my crafting toon to make the shards etc. for the stuff I wanted to craft. Oh, and had to dig through toons for the rune arm I wanted to use...

Step 5: Spells! Had to get the arti spells I wanted... you know that took time to look over and get right. Then had to go buy the relevant components...

So, here I am, 4 hours and 500k plat later, ready to go
    Have fun, kick much backside, may your loots be plentiful, and always remember to keep your pimp hand strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    Have fun, kick much backside, may your loots be plentiful, and always remember to keep your pimp hand strong.
    LOL, thanks xD

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    and always remember to keep your pimp hand strong.
    Keep and open hand, it's how you stay out of prison.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Err, a +4 tome, 500K PP and shards for crafting. I'm not to sure that's how any starting out player would start the game.
    Isn't TR-ing out of the question for this char? If so then it seems a bit much to spend on an iconic.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Isn't TR-ing out of the question for this char?
    Iconic TR information coming shortly. But yes, for the time being it is not possible to TR for Iconics.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Iconic TR information coming shortly. But yes, for the time being it is not possible to TR for Iconics.
    Is there an ETA for the coming shortly or is that soonTM?

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Oh part of the Beta perhaps?
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Default Hey!!!

QMX!!!!

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for the information!
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Isn't TR-ing out of the question for this char? If so then it seems a bit much to spend on an iconic.
    Turbine likes to make money. I view their statement about no-TRing in the same light as a new class, like Druid, being released and temporarily being unable to LR/TR with them.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers