Question multi class battle cleric

I was wondering if someone could show me some links to some multi class battle cleric. Looking to make soloing easier. Don't care at all about party healing. Will prob be a dwarf or an half elf.

Thanks

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spadeathome View Post
    I was wondering if someone could show me some links to some multi class battle cleric. Looking to make soloing easier. Don't care at all about party healing. Will prob be a dwarf or an half elf.

Thanks
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...mage-FVS-build

Community Member

The build in that link has absolutely nothing to do with a battle cleric.

Orien- Kelerak(completionist)/Cetus, Keleryn/Zeus, Kertha/Ice Bard, Kelerah/Barbarian
    ]

This one is based on past lives and a 36 pt build. Is there a one that is based on 1st life 32 pt build?

This one is based on past lives and a 36 pt build. Is there a one that is based on 1st life 32 pt build?
    From the OP "If you want to try to make it work with less, drop up to six points of Dexterity."

Is this Specifically a solo only build or do you just want it to perform well when you need/want to solo?

What kind of content do you plan on soloing?

These things are very important to consider when designing your build.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

I can't really point you to specific builds because, well, everyone sees things a little differently. I can tell you that probably the best soloing battle cleric split will be a 12/6/2 as a Cleric/Melee/Rogue or Arti. Given that combination, any character can solo amazingly well. It's a matter of personal preference and desired play style as to what such a build will actually look like.

"Melee" could be fighter for feats, HP and attack or defense bonuses if the battle moniker is more important to you. A deep pally splash is good for save and defense bonuses unless it's too "diviney" for your liking. You can go ranger for (mostly) free TWF and limited ranged combat. Monk (ninja) is a excellent choice when paired with two levels of Arti, or rogue if SA is your thing. It could be barb but the cons might outweigh the pros with that one.

The possibilities are many. Like Impaqt noted above; it all depends on what you want to do with the character and how you want to do it.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I just (re)posted this BC build. For a non-human version, you'd need to drop one of the feats (e.g., the final Spell Focus) and push everything else out 3 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Is this Specifically a solo only build or do you just want it to perform well when you need/want to solo?

What kind of content do you plan on soloing?

These things are very important to consider when designing your build.
    I solo 99.% of the time (althought I'm goin to try and group a little more with this toon). I have never done a raid(prob try some with this toon). I try and do every quest( except one's where u need multiable toons 2 complete).

I DO NOT want to be a heal bot for party's healing. I think I would hate that.

Community Member

I solo 99.% of the time (althought I'm goin to try and group a little more with this toon). ...
    I try and do every quest ...
    Well.

It's not dwarf or half-elf, but there's always this one: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/332212

Phidius's drow 12/6/2 cleric/ranger/rogue.

I have two of these started, one up to level 10. So far easiest going out of all my various newbie-attempts at soloing... and I do things the f2p favor-farmer way, try to get the favor out of every possible quest I have, so...

Well, at least it's mostly a cleric. In the occasional PUG causes comments like "you do what again with a cleric?" and... well. Doesn't seem to be helpless in melee, does traps and most locks, has bow strength, ... will get the full TWF line, evasion and manyshot...

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I just (re)posted this BC build. For a non-human version, you'd need to drop one of the feats (e.g., the final Spell Focus) and push everything else out 3 levels.
    I have looked at your builds B 4. Always find them helpful. Thanks.

ok
    Last edited by Spadeathome; 06-11-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: got logger

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    Well.

It's not dwarf or half-elf, but there's always this one: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/332212

I have two of these started, one up to level 10. So far easiest going out of all my various newbie-attempts at soloing... and I do things the f2p favor-farmer way, try to get the favor out of every possible quest I have, so...

Well, at least it's mostly a cleric. In the occasional PUG causes comments like "you do what again with a cleric?" and... well. Doesn't seem to be helpless in melee, does traps and most locks, has bow strength, ... will get the full TWF line, evasion and manyshot...
    I really like the looks of this toon mainly because I like to play rangers. Is there a way I could make this a dwarf or a half-elf ( mainly I like these 2 races + I've never played a drow). I do have 32 pt builds and not opposed to buying a couple of tomes. Unless adding all that into a drow would make him that much better?

I also have a toon that 's about 2 hit lev 20, 18ranger/Rogue1/fighter1. I've never TR a toon B 4 but if this would noticeably improve toon would prob be willing to do it?

Thanks

Community Member

I really like the looks of this toon mainly because I like to play rangers. Is there a way I could make this a dwarf or a half-elf ( mainly I like these 2 races + I've never played a drow). I do have 32 pt builds and not opposed to buying a couple of tomes. Unless adding all that into a drow would make him that much better?
    Should be doable, after all in the original thread the original author also said,
    Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    You could do a similar build with 32-points in another race, but 1750 favor isn't what I consider F2P
    So, "buying a couple of tomes" isn't necessarily all that easy for a first-life f2p, but in your case... oh and you don't get to put 32 build points into a first-life drow even if you do have 32-point builds, AFAICT, supposedly because of the drow's builtin net stat advantage.

I also have a toon that 's about 2 hit lev 20, 18ranger/Rogue1/fighter1. I've never TR a toon B 4 but if this would noticeably improve toon would prob be willing to do it?
    Well, none of mine are anywhere near 20 yet, so I wouldn't know... but IIRC ranger past life is +2 ranged damage or something like that? And then you should get more build points than first life, but not sure how much that comes out to in your case.

Whether or not that would "noticeably" improve your toon is a good question.

Then again getting to keep your old gear and tomes could be a big boost already. The original build started with 16 dex and needed a +1 dex tome by level 17 to get GTWF, for example. If you already have a +3 tome, I guess that means you can start with 14 dex, and...
    Last edited by mna; 06-11-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    Well.

i'm trying to follow this build but as far as i can tell the encahments aren't in order that he took them. Some i cant even see yet( assuming i have to spend so many point b 4 i can see them). So any idea?

I started toon at lev 4. I've only spent 3 points so far. Dont want to mess up build so i've held off

Thanks

i'm trying to follow this build but as far as i can tell the encahments aren't in order that he took them. Some i cant even see yet( assuming i have to spend so many point b 4 i can see them). So any idea?

I started toon at lev 4. I've only spent 3 points so far. Dont want to mess up build so i've held off

Thanks
    The enhancements were done at level 20, which is a common thing, which I also do.
    I've found (and I'll go out on a limb and assume (God help me) that others agree), that enhancements change while leveling. Some things aren't worth it while leveling, yet are better at epic levels, and vice versa.
    And then you add in play style, personal preference, etc... Enhancements are more of a guideline than set-in-stone list of must-have-or-die stuff.
    In short, just pick whatever you think is good while leveling, you can change fairly cheaply every 3 days.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Enhancements are more of a guideline than set-in-stone list of must-have-or-die stuff.
    In short, just pick whatever you think is good while leveling, you can change fairly cheaply every 3 days.
    And in the specific case of Phidius's original build thread, that is indeed the only way for that to be consistent.

(Specifies that to cast level 6 spells, 16 wis is achieved with Cleric Wisdom III, but in the end list there's only tier I of that, and gear ideas has a +5 wis item listed. So, depends on what +wis gear you have and when.)

Now, I for example have managed to get in both cases by level 10, a +1 wis tome and at least a +4 wis hat, so I may never end up taking Cleric Wis II even. (Hey, it's 4 AP I can use for something else... and III is 6 AP.)

ok thanks to last 2 replies. I will have to do a little reading and just see how things shape out.