Community Member

Default VIP Account down graded today 09/06/2013 without warning

My VIP Account has been down graded today 09/06/2013 without warning to DDO-GTC. All turbine Payment details have been removed from my account.
    My yearly renewal is due on the 13/06/2013.
    I have submitted a support ticket.

Is anyone else having the same account issues today?
    Last edited by Solane12; 06-09-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Community Member

I have spoken to support & they have restored my VIP account & credited me with the remaining days of my subscription. However all my payment details have been wiped & I will need to set-up a new subscription & payment details.

If you need to call from the UK use 001 855 924 2637. The support number is wrong on twitter as they have a 9 instead of a 6 showing 2937. I also mentioned this to support.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Your dating system makes me nuts its funny in the States we do month day year and you do day month year it really could cause some confusion don't you think.

Anyways I am glad they fixed you

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Solane12 View Post
    My VIP Account has been down graded today 09/06/2013 without warning to DDO-GTC. All turbine Payment details have been removed from my account.
    My yearly renewal is due on the 13/06/2013.
    I have submitted a support ticket.

Is anyone else having the same account issues today?
    We had a thread like this last October when my yearly sub was downgraded 5 days early. At that time I did NOT get credited, as the CS reps claimed that the time was calculated in 30 day periods instead of actual years... An argument ensued regarding their sales material stating 'year' not '12 x 30 day intervals' (DOI!) but I got nowhere. In the end I suggested that at a MINIMUM Turbine's billing system should be sending auto-notifications a few days before the sub expires, so that people can ensure they have the funds available on their cards to renew. They assured me that this was in the works... Apparently that was more smoke than steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Your dating system makes me nuts its funny in the States we do month day year and you do day month year it really could cause some confusion don't you think.
    Most of the world does it this way. Lowest to Highest, Least to Greatest. Day Month Year. Youz Yankz do it all bizzaro by starting in the middle and bouncing back n forth - month day year. Weird.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Most of the world does it this way. Lowest to Highest, Least to Greatest. Day Month Year. Youz Yankz do it all bizzaro by starting in the middle and bouncing back n forth - month day year. Weird.
    Off topic, but had to answer...

Personally, I think we Yanks did it more logically. Our month/day/year works great for filing stuff away or searching for stuff via databases, especially if you have no access to computers. Even with computers, you can just scroll through a lot quicker without REMing trying to find a specific date.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    We had a thread like this last October when my yearly sub was downgraded 5 days early. At that time I did NOT get credited, as the CS reps claimed that the time was calculated in 30 day periods instead of actual years... An argument ensued regarding their sales material stating 'year' not '12 x 30 day intervals' (DOI!) but I got nowhere. In the end I suggested that at a MINIMUM Turbine's billing system should be sending auto-notifications a few days before the sub expires, so that people can ensure they have the funds available on their cards to renew. They assured me that this was in the works... Apparently that was more smoke than steak.

Bizarro or not should be followed here by all just look at the date on your post

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Personally, I think we Yanks did it more logically. Our month/day/year works great for filing stuff away or searching for stuff via databases, especially if you have no access to computers. Even with computers, you can just scroll through a lot quicker without REMing trying to find a specific date.
    No, with computers you grumble when there are different years involved. YYYYMMDD sorts properly.