Community Member

Default Pale master fortification

I have an odd problem that I can't consistently replicate.

My 20/2 drow pale master is experiencing a 50% loss of fort, somehow. In drow form with no fort items on I sometimes have -50% fort. The character sheet actually indicates a negative number. Going into lich form raises it to 50%.

I don't believe it is a character sheet oddity because it SEEMS that I am getting critted a lot in epic content when I am below 100% fort but I can't confirm that absolutely.

I have tried swapping gear around but have not been able to figure out how I am getting negative fortification. I had to go back to keeping my minos legens available as extra fort in case my character sheet indicated negative fort out of form.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Vallin.

Sure, I've experienced that. I'm assuming you - like many others, myself included - frequently use Essences of Cunning from Yugoloth favor on your pale master, which give a -50% fort as a hidden effect.

Just wear a heavy fort item and you'll be fine.
    Rognac / Oesel / Zaegroenhali / Maloich / Eriaolys / Voidmind / Pastacide / Orangewing / Veraya / Sisutu / Peletis / Lacrimis / Clipped / Somniloquy / Hypnagogic / Othafa

Khyber / The Hand of the Black Tower

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Contrex View Post
    Sure, I've experienced that. I'm assuming you - like many others, myself included - frequently use Essences of Cunning from Yugoloth favor on your pale master, which give a -50% fort as a hidden effect.

Just wear a heavy fort item and you'll be fine.
    UGH that must be it. No wonder it 'seemed' intermittent. I just dusted off this toon and started playing him again - totally forgot about the yugo pots decreasing fort. Thanks so much.

Vallin.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    UGH that must be it. No wonder it 'seemed' intermittent. I just dusted off this toon and started playing him again - totally forgot about the yugo pots decreasing fort. Thanks so much.

Vallin.
    With a palemaster that uses those pots, you'll still want to slot a heavy fort item - that'll get you to 150% fort, which is enough for almost all enemies.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk