Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    For Acrobats, STR boosts your base dmg (unless you're using SoNG or Breeze, which AFAIK are the only staves which only use DEX for dmg); DEX boosts your sneak atk dmg. So both are important to staff builds, which is part of why my HOrcrobat boosts both; the other reason is to meet the stat pre-reqs for Overwhelming Crit and Imp Sneak Atk.

Note that the Enhancement overhaul is supposed to add abilities which let you use DEX instead of STR for to-hit and base dmg with all staves, so DEX-based Acrobats may become the new norm. But frankly, we've been waiting over a year for that overhaul to come out and it hasn't even made it past alpha; I wouldn't exactly hold my breath.
    That makes sense. Thanks for breaking it down

Yeah, who knows with the Enhancement pass?!? I created a HOrc Staff build (very similar to yours) when HOrcs were launched, which was of course before Druid. So I have finally gotten around to Reincarnating him to a 13 Rogue/6 Monk/1 Druid.

I really hope they do more to boost staff builds...like making staves TWF weapons (you do hit with both ends)
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member

Since I really wanted an acrobat build. I have to go with Q.staff then, and change TWF feats for THF feats. You guys keep talking about taking 1 in druid and not 1 in fighter. Is that because of the spell Rams might?

If that so, wouldn't it be better to take 1 in fighter to get the extra feat instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Oleoyktan View Post
    Since I really wanted an acrobat build. I have to go with Q.staff then, and change TWF feats for THF feats. You guys keep talking about taking 1 in druid and not 1 in fighter. Is that because of the spell Rams might?

If that so, wouldn't it be better to take 1 in fighter to get the extra feat instead?
    Yes, Ram's Might...also the spell Shillelagh, which will increase wooden Q-staffs base damage by 1.0[W].
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    Yes, Ram's Might...also the spell Shillelagh, which will increase wooden Q-staffs base damage by 1.0[W].
    ok, but is it worth exchanging those spells for the 1 feat fighter gives?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viciouspika View Post
    The first thing you need to decide is if you want to be a staff weilding acrobat or a handwrap acrobat. Once you've decided the choose your feats accordingly. TWF chain for the handwrap build is a must. THF chain is not necessary for the staff wielder cause the glancing blows may draw agro your way and you will lose your sneak attack damage which is the bulk of your damage. You can use different feats to fill in the three open slots. Mobility, spring attack, and another feat could take its place.

If you go handwrap build, I would suggest taking 1st level rogue, 2nd-7th monk, 8-9th rogue, 10 fighter, then the rest rogue. Ninja spy I is very survivable with shadow fade ability. I would front load the twf chain as soon as possible. If going staff build, 1st rogue, 2nd fighter, 3rd-8th rogue, then alternate monk and rogue until you get 6 monk levels then rogue the rest of the way. For feats, I would front load the cleave, and great cleave for a melee aoe, but be careful of drawing too much agro.

As for starting stats: STR 16(+10), Dex 16(+10), Con 14 (+6), Int 14(+6) with a +1 tome you will get to dex 17. I would also see about getting a +2 STR tome + 5 level ups to get you to str 23 required for overwelming critical(other requirements are the cleave, and great cleave feats).

Skill focus UMD should be taken later in the build cause you UMD skill doesn't get useful until later level around 12-15th level. Take toughness earlier within the first few levels, Precision can be taken later cause it is used to bypass fortification and those mobs dont start appearing until level 14-15 if iirc. Also, taking you fighter level earlier allows you to recover from the poor number skill points available for that class.
    Ok, if you say I go staff. You say THF aint nessary, due to the possiblity of glancing blow may argo foe. After what I have read about q.staff you will get glancing blow on the 3th hit. And lets say you tok thf fighting and using rogue subtle backstabbing, wont that mittage it. Or is it a waste of feat.
    Last edited by Oleoyktan; 06-12-2013 at 02:49 PM.

As I mention earlier I'm not good at meele, but would handwraps really be much more suited assassin. I can see that stunning fist would be nice.

And what do you mean about that staff is "most of the acrobate bonus are staff only" I must be missing something vital here.
    The bolded sections below should apply all the time, and most of them aren't really important. (Skill boost are meh...) The big boost are the Q-Staff bumps to damage and attack speed and knock down immunity. Of which if you're using Handwraps you only get the knock down immunity.

From DDO Wiki
    ***Rogue Thief-Acrobat I: Passive Benefit: add your dexterity bonus to damage when sneak attacking with a Quarterstaff, competence bonus to attack speed with staves, +2 bonus to Balance, Jump, Tumble and 2 extra uses of Uncanny Dodge. Active Benefit: 1 minute of +10 bonus to Balance, Jump, Tumble, +4 dexterity and +25% enhancement bonus to running speed. Consumes a use of your haste boost ability.

***Rogue Thief-Acrobat II: Greater competence bonus to attack speed with staves, complete immunity to most knockdown effects and slippery surfaces, increases your movement rate by 10%, +2 bonus to Balance, Jump, Tumble and 2 extra uses of Uncanny Dodge.
    D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).

Ok, if you say I go staff. You say THF aint nessary, due to the possiblity of glancing blow may argo foe. After what I have read about q.staff you will get glancing blow on the 3th hit. And lets say you tok thf fighting and using rogue subtle backstabbing, wont that mittage it. Or is it a waste of feat.
    If you decide to go with the THF feat make sure to take the full chain. I'm not totally against the THF chain it just seems meh damage wise for all three feats on such a poor base damage weapons, such as a quarterstaff. I just think there are more feats you can use like combat expert, and improved trip for crowd control. Another option is mobility, and spring attack feats. Since you will be running around in pajamas, any way you can reduce how often you get hit and increase the chance to hit while moving around also helps.

Others have posted the 13rogue/6monk/1druid for their listed reasons. I actually believe this to be superior to the 13rogue/6monk/1fighter build to to increased survivibility. Ram's might and Shillelagh increase damage and you get access to wands for healing, neutralize poison, remove disease, remove curse, and more.

The Full chain of THF increases the number of glancing blows and a paltry increase to special damage procs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12