Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default 13 rogue /6 monk/ 1fighter help

Hei
    I'm currently 12 rogue/ 6monk, with rogue mechanic 2 and 1 ninja spy. But I find the lack in dps and switching between heavy repeating crossbow and handwraps.

I'm gonna do a lesser reincarnation and would to try acrobate 2/ninja spy 1.But still be able to dd and search. Been looking around on the net and I find alot of builds out there which say acrobate 2/ninja spy is broke. But is there anyone that can help me getting a 13 rogue/6monk /1 fighter build. which has acrobate 2/ninja spy 1 human , with dd and search abillity(which can be usefull at lvl 20s and above)?

Thanks

Arabiali

Quote Originally Posted by Oleoyktan View Post
    Hei
    But still be able to dd and search.
    You don't need to be a mechanic rogue to handle traps, as long as you start with decent INT (10-12 is advisable, but it can be done with 6), max out trap-related skills (Spot, Search, Disable Device), buff up and gear up.

Hei
    But is there anyone that can help me getting a 13 rogue/6monk /1 fighter build.
    Not an expert, but I believe this thread could be interesting, especially if you plan to use staves.
    On Thelanis: Hallelujah (Spellsinger) - Jerryrigged Juggernaut (caster FvS) - Sepulchral (Druid) - Chopchopchop (Warlock) - Alleyshadow (retired gimped monkcher). Formerly on Keeper : Misericordia (Thug) - Mumbo Jumbo (Battle Caster) - Infernal Can (WF Kinda Cleric) - Halleluyah (Melee Spellsinger).

Default check out the big f'n stick build

The Acrobat builds were mainly for the Prestige Level II benefit of knockdown immunity, but since you can get this on various items. This build has lost some followers. I however love the acrobat and have built several variations of the 13rogue/6x/1y or 13rogue/7x where x is any class and y was fighter or monk for the bonus feat.

That being said 13rogue/6monk/1 fighter allows for 7 feats(8 if human, or halfelf dilly) + 4 monk feats + 1 fighter feat and 2 rogue specialty feats.
    The feats i usually take for a staff weilder are Power Attack, Cleave, Great cleave, toughness, Precision, Improved critical: blunt, Skill focus: UMD for base feats, Dodge(required for ninja spyI), Twf, Improved sunder, and Fists of Darkness, The fighter feat is usually itwf. For the Rogue specialty feats at 10th and 13th level the popular ones are improved evasion and opportunits. For epic feats, take overwelming critical and one other.

Since TWF>THF, you might want to use just handwraps and take the full TWF chain for higher DPS in adept of wind stance for double strike bonus.

For Skills, Max Search, disable traps, Spot(if you dont know where the traps are), UMD, concentration, and bluff(if you can swing it),half ranks in open locks, balance, jump.

It really depends on what exactly you want your acrobat to do. As far as Attributes go need to know if its a 32point, 28 point, or higher, and what tomes you have.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

If you're planning to use staves, see my Three Ring Circus thread.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viciouspika View Post
    The Acrobat builds were mainly for the Prestige Level II benefit of knockdown immunity, but since you can get this on various items. This build has lost some followers. I however love the acrobat and have built several variations of the 13rogue/6x/1y or 13rogue/7x where x is any class and y was fighter or monk for the bonus feat.

That being said 13rogue/6monk/1 fighter allows for 7 feats(8 if human, or halfelf dilly) + 4 monk feats + 1 fighter feat and 2 rogue specialty feats.
    The feats i usually take for a staff weilder are Power Attack, Cleave, Great cleave, toughness, Precision, Improved critical: blunt, Skill focus: UMD for base feats, Dodge(required for ninja spyI), Twf, Improved sunder, and Fists of Darkness, The fighter feat is usually itwf. For the Rogue specialty feats at 10th and 13th level the popular ones are improved evasion and opportunits. For epic feats, take overwelming critical and one other.

Since TWF>THF, you might want to use just handwraps and take the full TWF chain for higher DPS in adept of wind stance for double strike bonus.

For Skills, Max Search, disable traps, Spot(if you dont know where the traps are), UMD, concentration, and bluff(if you can swing it),half ranks in open locks, balance, jump.

It really depends on what exactly you want your acrobat to do. As far as Attributes go need to know if its a 32point, 28 point, or higher, and what tomes you have.
    Yes, its a human toon. and a 32 point build. And currently has 1+ tome for all attributes. Getting new ones soon. You got any of you build posted somewhere. Where I can have a peek?

Community Member

Tried making a build in generator. out from the advice from Viciouspika and the lvling order I think I took.

Code:
    Character Generated Using: DDO Character Generator
    Direct Link to Build: http://www.ddochargen.com/home.aspx?build=52875

Rogue 13 / Monk 6 / Fighter 1
    Female Human - Lawful Neutral

LEVEL 1:
    Race Selected: Female Human
    Alignment Selected: Lawful Neutral
    Class Selected: Rogue (Rogue 1)
    Abilities Raised: STR: 14, DEX: 17, CON: 13, INT: 14, WIS: 10
    Skills Ranks Raised: Balance +4 (4), Bluff +4 (4), 
    Disable Device +4 (4), Hide +4 (4), Jump +4 (4), Move Silently +4 (4), 
    Open Lock +4 (4), Search +4 (4), Spot +4 (4), Tumble +4 (4), 
    UMD +4 (4)
    Feats Selected: Skill Focus (UMD), Power Attack

LEVEL 2:
    Class Selected: Rogue (Rogue 2)
    Skills Ranks Raised: Balance +1 (5), Bluff +1 (5), 
    Disable Device +1 (5), Hide +1 (5), Jump +1 (5), Move Silently +1 (5), 
    Open Lock +1 (5), Search +1 (5), Spot +1 (5), Tumble +1 (5), 
    UMD +1 (5)

LEVEL 3:
    Class Selected: Monk (Rogue 2 / Monk 1)
    Skills Ranks Raised: Concentration +6 (6), Jump +1 (6)
    Feats Selected: Cleave, Two Weapon Fighting

LEVEL 4:
    Class Selected: Monk (Monk 2 / Rogue 2)
    Abilities Raised: STR: 15
    Skills Ranks Raised: Balance +1 (6), Concentration +1 (7), 
    Hide +1 (6), Move Silently +1 (6), Spot +2 (7), Tumble +1 (6)
    Feats Selected: Precision

LEVEL 5:
    Class Selected: Rogue (Rogue 3 / Monk 2)
    Skills Ranks Raised: Bluff +2 (7), Disable Device +3 (8), 
    Search +3 (8), UMD +3 (8)

LEVEL 6:
    Class Selected: Monk (Monk 3 / Rogue 3)
    Skills Ranks Raised: Concentration +2 (9), Jump +1 (7), 
    Move Silently +1 (7), Spot +2 (9), Tumble +1 (7)
    Feats Selected: Great Cleave, Path of Inevitable Dominion

LEVEL 7:
    Class Selected: Rogue (Rogue 4 / Monk 3)
    Skills Ranks Raised: Bluff +3 (10), Disable Device +2 (10), 
    Open Lock +2 (7), Search +2 (10), UMD +2 (10)

LEVEL 8:
    Class Selected: Monk (Monk 4 / Rogue 4)
    Abilities Raised: STR: 16
    Skills Ranks Raised: Balance +1 (7), Concentration +2 (11), 
    Hide +1 (7), Spot +2 (11), Tumble +1 (8)

LEVEL 9:
    Class Selected: Rogue (Rogue 5 / Monk 4)
    Skills Ranks Raised: Bluff +2 (12), Disable Device +2 (12), 
    Jump +1 (8), Move Silently +1 (8), Open Lock +1 (8), 
    Search +2 (12), UMD +2 (12)
    Feats Selected: Improved Two Weapon Fighting

LEVEL 10:
    Class Selected: Monk (Monk 5 / Rogue 5)
    Skills Ranks Raised: Balance +1 (8), Concentration +2 (13), 
    Hide +1 (8), Spot +2 (13), Tumble +1 (9)

LEVEL 11:
    Class Selected: Rogue (Rogue 6 / Monk 5)
    Skills Ranks Raised: Bluff +2 (14), Disable Device +2 (14), 
    Jump +1 (9), Move Silently +1 (9), Open Lock +1 (9), 
    Search +2 (14), UMD +2 (14)

LEVEL 12:
    Class Selected: Monk (Monk 6 / Rogue 6)
    Abilities Raised: STR: 17
    Skills Ranks Raised: Balance +1 (9), Concentration +2 (15), 
    Hide +1 (9), Spot +2 (15), Tumble +1 (10)
    Feats Selected: Dodge, Toughness

LEVEL 13:
    Class Selected: Rogue (Rogue 7 / Monk 6)
    Skills Ranks Raised: Balance +1 (10), Bluff +2 (16), 
    Disable Device +2 (16), Move Silently +1 (10), Open Lock +1 (10), 
    Search +2 (16), UMD +2 (16)

LEVEL 14:
    Class Selected: Rogue (Rogue 8 / Monk 6)
    Skills Ranks Raised: Bluff +1 (17), Concentration +2 (17), 
    Disable Device +1 (17), Hide +1 (10), Search +1 (17), 
    Spot +2 (17), UMD +1 (17)

LEVEL 15:
    Class Selected: Rogue (Rogue 9 / Monk 6)
    Skills Ranks Raised: Bluff +1 (18), Concentration +1 (18), 
    Disable Device +1 (18), Jump +1 (10), Move Silently +1 (11), 
    Open Lock +1 (11), Search +1 (18), Spot +1 (18), Tumble +1 (11), 
    UMD +1 (18)
    Feats Selected: Improved Critical (Bludgeoning)

LEVEL 16:
    Class Selected: Rogue (Rogue 10 / Monk 6)
    Abilities Raised: STR: 18
    Skills Ranks Raised: Balance +1 (11), Bluff +1 (19), 
    Concentration +1 (19), Disable Device +1 (19), Hide +1 (11), 
    Jump +1 (11), Search +1 (19), Spot +1 (19), Tumble +1 (12), 
    UMD +1 (19)
    Feats Selected: Improved Evasion

LEVEL 17:
    Class Selected: Rogue (Rogue 11 / Monk 6)
    Skills Ranks Raised: Balance +1 (12), Bluff +1 (20), 
    Concentration +0.5 (19.5), Disable Device +1 (20), 
    Hide +1 (12), Jump +1 (12), Move Silently +1 (12), 
    Open Lock +1 (12), Search +1 (20), Spot +1 (20), UMD +1 (20)

LEVEL 18:
    Class Selected: Rogue (Rogue 12 / Monk 6)
    Skills Ranks Raised: Bluff +1 (21), Concentration +1.5 (21), 
    Disable Device +1 (21), Move Silently +1 (13), Open Lock +1 (13), 
    Search +1 (21), Spot +1 (21), Tumble +1 (13), UMD +1 (21)
    Feats Selected: Improved Sunder

LEVEL 19:
    Class Selected: Fighter (Rogue 12 / Monk 6 / Fighter 1)
    Skills Ranks Raised: Disable Device +1 (22), 
    Jump +1 (13), Search +1 (22)
    Feats Selected: Greater Two Weapon Fighting

LEVEL 20:
    Class Selected: Rogue (Rogue 13 / Monk 6 / Fighter 1)
    Abilities Raised: STR: 19
    Skills Ranks Raised: Bluff +2 (23), Concentration +2 (23), 
    Disable Device +1 (23), Hide +1 (13), Search +1 (23), Spot +2 (23)
    Feats Selected: Opportunist
    Befor anyone begins complaining how terrible I am at this and there is no enchantment on it. Is I'm terrible at meele(reason I need help). And I dont know which enchantment to take yet. I see I forgot to add the tomes aswell..

Anyone have any advice be feel to comment on the build etc.
    Last edited by Oleoyktan; 06-10-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Why did you take THF, TWF, and ITWF, but no GTWF? What combat style do you plan to use? Also at a glance I think you spread your stat pts too thin.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Why did you take THF, TWF, and ITWF, but no GTWF? What combat style do you plan to use? Also at a glance I think you spread your stat pts too thin.
    Ok, I change THF for GTWF. Was thinking stick(In the build above I would reduce dex and add to strenght until I got 17 base, and change twf,itwf and Gtwf to THF,ITHF and GTHF) or handwraps(the build above is for handwraps). Plan is sneak and hit. Nothing complicated.

You think I spread to stat too tin. I need 17dex for ITWF and added 14 to int for dd and search. rest I just spread. If you dont mind, would you explain what you would change on stat?

Default the only build i have on line is a 15rogue/3monk/2pally acrobat build

The first thing you need to decide is if you want to be a staff weilding acrobat or a handwrap acrobat. Once you've decided the choose your feats accordingly. TWF chain for the handwrap build is a must. THF chain is not necessary for the staff wielder cause the glancing blows may draw agro your way and you will lose your sneak attack damage which is the bulk of your damage. You can use different feats to fill in the three open slots. Mobility, spring attack, and another feat could take its place.

If you go handwrap build, I would suggest taking 1st level rogue, 2nd-7th monk, 8-9th rogue, 10 fighter, then the rest rogue. Ninja spy I is very survivable with shadow fade ability. I would front load the twf chain as soon as possible. If going staff build, 1st rogue, 2nd fighter, 3rd-8th rogue, then alternate monk and rogue until you get 6monk levels then rogue the rest of the way. For feats, I would front load the cleave, and great cleave for a melee aoe, but be careful of drawing too much agro.

As for starting stats: STR 16(+10), Dex 16(+10), Con 14 (+6), Int 14(+6) with a +1 tome you will get to dex 17. I would also see about getting a +2 STR tome + 5 level ups to get you to str 23 required for overwelming critical(other requirements are the cleave, and great cleave feats).

Skill focus UMD should be taken later in the build cause you UMD skill doesn't get useful until later level around 12-15th level. Take toughness earlier within the first few levels, Precision can be taken later cause it is used to bypass fortification and those mobs dont start appearing until level 14-15 if iirc. Also, taking you fighter level earlier allows you to recover from the poor number skill points available for that class.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viciouspika View Post
    The first thing you need to decide is if you want to be a staff weilding acrobat or a handwrap acrobat. Once you've decided the choose your feats accordingly. TWF chain for the handwrap build is a must. THF chain is not necessary for the staff wielder cause the glancing blows may draw agro your way and you will lose your sneak attack damage which is the bulk of your damage. You can use different feats to fill in the three open slots. Mobility, spring attack, and another feat could take its place.

If you go handwrap build, I would suggest taking 1st level rogue, 2nd-7th monk, 8-9th rogue, 10 fighter, then the rest rogue. Ninja spy I is very survivable with shadow fade ability. I would front load the twf chain as soon as possible. If going staff build, 1st rogue, 2nd fighter, 3rd-8th rogue, then alternate monk and rogue until you get 6monk levels then rogue the rest of the way. For feats, I would front load the cleave, and great cleave for a melee aoe, but be careful of drawing too much agro.

As for starting stats: STR 16(+10), Dex 16(+10), Con 14 (+6), Int 14(+6) with a +1 tome you will get to dex 17. I would also see about getting a +2 STR tome + 5 level ups to get you to str 23 required for overwelming critical(other requirements are the cleave, and great cleave feats).

Skill focus UMD should be taken later in the build cause you UMD skill doesn't get useful until later level around 12-15th level. Take toughness earlier within the first few levels, Precision can be taken later cause it is used to bypass fortification and those mobs dont start appearing until level 14-15 if iirc. Also, taking you fighter level earlier allows you to recover from the poor number skill points available for that class.
    Been reading more about the q.staff and seems like handwraps are the better choice. So I do that.And gonna do as u suggested using the stat you mentioned. I'm not so familiar with cleave, but they work with wraps right?

For enhancment I will take all the pre req. for thief acrobate 1 and 2 and ninja monk 1. I will also take the two human +1 int and trying to max out the sneak and rogue haste and maybe human versitilty.

You got any advice for that?

If you're using handwraps why not play with Assassin? (Most of the Acrobat bonuses are Staff only) Provides 2d extra sneak attack, combine with Stunning Fist (and Precision) for lots of on demand Sneak Attack damage. (Once the Enhancement pass goes live should be up closer to 9D of sneak attack between Ninja Spy and Assassin).

Assassinate DC won't be the best in the game, but will be sufficient to take out low con (IE casters) mobs. I'm running a version of this build right now (first life, max Int) with DC around 44 (no Midnight Greetings, can't seem to get the durned seals.)
    D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget2775 View Post
    If you're using handwraps why not play with Assassin? (Most of the Acrobat bonuses are Staff only) Provides 2d extra sneak attack, combine with Stunning Fist (and Precision) for lots of on demand Sneak Attack damage. (Once the Enhancement pass goes live should be up closer to 9D of sneak attack between Ninja Spy and Assassin).

Assassinate DC won't be the best in the game, but will be sufficient to take out low con (IE casters) mobs. I'm running a version of this build right now (first life, max Int) with DC around 44 (no Midnight Greetings, can't seem to get the durned seals.)
    As I mention earlier I'm not good at meele, but would handwraps really be much more suited assassin. I can see that stunning fist would be nice.

And what do you mean about that staff is "most of the acrobate bonus are staff only" I must be missing something vital here.
    Last edited by Oleoyktan; 06-11-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Community Member

I've got a 12 monk/7 rogue/1 fighter build and find it to be solid DPS.

I went with Mechanic Rogue PRE, just because it's a first lifer and it made trapping easier without stellar gear. If traps are not a problem I'd go assassin. Next life(whenver I get around to this toon on the list...), with extra stat points and +3 skill tomes, I'll be assasin.

I use handwraps almost exclusively except when using range to pull or for situations where you can't melee...

Stunning fist plus high attack rate plus sneak attack is the main source of non-red name DPS and Deception/or other aggro management + sneak + haste boost is the main source of boss DPS. My stun DC is 60 in wind stance in Grandmaster, not stellar, but works most of the time. This split spreads stats pretty thin, so its tough to get Wis high enough for an EE Gianthold level stun while keeping all your roguely goodness at sufficiently high level.

While I get better DPS on my pure fighters and monks, it does really solid DPS while brining rogue skills to the party.

I chose to go 12 monk 7 rogue, because that brought haste boost IV to the party and I found that to be more attractive than monk 13.

Note this build will get slammed if the 3 tree limit stays in the new enhancement system, so it will nee major compromises and redesign work.
    Last edited by Grubbby; 06-11-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    TPICKRELL forum identity still broken, 15 weeks and counting... So yet another throw away Forum identity

As I mention earlier I'm not good at meele, but would handwraps really be much more suited assassin. I can see that stunning fist would be nice.

And what do you mean about that staff is "most of the acrobate bonus are staff only" I must be missing something vital here.
    In short, very little works with other things; uncanny dodge (more uses), tumble, jump, balance and (possible) immunity to slippery sufaces.. Acrobat exists to make staves playable tbh.
    And yeah, wraps are much more suited to assassin. Assassin (without assassin III) is just more dps, as oppose to acrobat which is more.. uh. Not much actually. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    In short, very little works with other things; uncanny dodge (more uses), tumble, jump, balance and (possible) immunity to slippery sufaces.. Acrobat exists to make staves playable tbh.
    Showtime and the +10% movement speed from Acro II will work with any weapons. Also, it's not just slippery surfaces, it's knockdown immunity; that can be a big deal in some content. That said, I agree the main appeal of Acro is the faster atk speed & DEX bonus to sneak atk dmg with staves.

Showtime and the +10% movement speed from Acro II will work with any weapons. Also, it's not just slippery surfaces, it's knockdown immunity; that can be a big deal in some content. That said, I agree the main appeal of Acro is the faster atk speed & DEX bonus to sneak atk dmg with staves.
    *tips hat* completely forgot about knockdown immunity/movement speed. As for showtime, meh. I found it a bit ****, because it doesn't stack with striding (irrc), so it's just 4 dex, 10 tumble, 10 jump and 10 balance. Better than nothing, sure. But better than a haste boost?

Quick question...

Is it Dex bonus *plus* Strength bonus added to SA? I was never clear on this :/
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member

So if I'm getting it right assassin 2/ninja1 is good for wraps in the endgame, but stick is better for acrobate 2/ninja1?

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

So if I'm getting it right assassin 2/ninja1 is good for wraps in the endgame, but stick is better for acrobate 2/ninja1?
    Pretty much & there are some nice weapon options available for either, most notably for sticks there are the stout oak walking stick from villager commendations (therefore relatively easy to get) & Sireth (much more reliant on lucky loot pulls), which with a little attention to the right feats & destiny stuff have both been rated up there with (& in some circumstances exceeding) the venerable & mighty eSoS.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    Is it Dex bonus *plus* Strength bonus added to SA? I was never clear on this :/
    For Acrobats, STR boosts your base dmg (unless you're using SoNG or Breeze, which AFAIK are the only staves which only use DEX for dmg); DEX boosts your sneak atk dmg. So both are important to staff builds, which is part of why my HOrcrobat boosts both; the other reason is to meet the stat pre-reqs for Overwhelming Crit and Imp Sneak Atk.

Note that the Enhancement overhaul is supposed to add abilities which let you use DEX instead of STR for to-hit and base dmg with all staves, so DEX-based Acrobats may become the new norm. But frankly, we've been waiting over a year for that overhaul to come out and it hasn't even made it past alpha; I wouldn't exactly hold my breath.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast