Default PSA: Use 'Alt' key to stop recall timer without leaving quest

Currently in the game if you accidentally click the recall button without intending to leave the quest, there is very little you can do to prevent being auto-magically booted. Moving doesn't work, nor does clicking.

However, dear forumites, you need not fear - for I have found a solution! Tapping the 'Alt' button on your keyboard will disrupt the recall timer without instantly booting you from the quest.

Now go forth, my children, and prosper.

Community Member

It's only the left-ALT key and only if you still have it bound to the rune-arm use. Old news; I pointed it out twice already at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Frotz View Post
    It's only the left-ALT key and only if you still have it bound to the rune-arm use.
    Rune-arms have nothing to do with it, as I was on a character with no artificer levels when I noticed it.

Quote Originally Posted by whomhead View Post
    Rune-arms have nothing to do with it, as I was on a character with no artificer levels when I noticed it.
    Actually, it does. It is the default command for "charge/shot runearm". If you clear this key (probably to use it as a modifier for other shortcuts), alt does nothing.

If you remap this action to another button, it also works to cancel the recall.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

This is actually specifically ~why~ it works. The key is bound to activating the rune arm. No matter if you have one, or the capacity to use one, or not. It is the attempt to activate one, and then realizing that the character is not eligible, that interrupts the induction bar.

But still, it is good to note that this is an option.

Community Member

Not that I care or think I would mess up and leave by accident... but very nice information for everyone! Now people needs to sharpen their reflexes hehe.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Community Member

Moving doesn't work, nor does clicking.

Now go forth, my children, and prosper.
    Im cancelling recall with moving without problem, never used alt for that, just move a few steps.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Huldrekall View Post
    Im cancelling recall with moving without problem, never used alt for that, just move a few steps.
    And you've done this in like the past week since the latest patch? If so you are the only person I have heard of that can still do this. For everyone else it causes an instant recall.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Actually, it does. It is the default command for "charge/shot runearm". If you clear this key (probably to use it as a modifier for other shortcuts), alt does nothing.

Ahhh... now I understand. That's another handy tip!

Yes, the key mapped to Recharge/Use Runearm does stop the recall. If you've remapped that key it still works to stop recall/finish even if you're Alt key won't.
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    Yes, the key mapped to Recharge/Use Runearm does stop the recall. If you've remapped that key it still works to stop recall/finish even if you're Alt key won't.
    I remapped the key since my arti kept charging her arm whenever I alt-tabbed to another window Caps lock is what its mapped to now, and it does safely cancel inductions now for me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    And you've done this in like the past week since the latest patch? If so you are the only person I have heard of that can still do this. For everyone else it causes an instant recall.
    I think yes, but i will try it on few toons to be sure that im not spreading lies

Quote Originally Posted by Huldrekall View Post
    I think yes, but i will try it on few toons to be sure that im not spreading lies
    Used my rune-arm key yesterday to test this. Worked ok for me. Again, I've remapped my rune-arm key and have to use that key, not Alt.
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    yep, you are right, moving isnt working anymore o_o I've ried that on some toons and just instantly recall, but at least i dont need to wait long for recalling

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post

yeah, i moved my runearm key to "v" long ago and just tried interrupting recall with it - works!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frotz View Post
    It's only the left-ALT key and only if you still have it bound to the rune-arm use. Old news; I pointed it out twice already at least.
    The forum thanks you for your constructive comment. The OP should have surveyed all forum users before posting his helpful advice to make sure no one had posted it before. Or at the very least, he should have spend a few days with the largely worthless search feature and reading through hundreds or thousands of posts to make sure before he posted. It would have been simple common decency, I believe.

(Do I really need to do a /sarcasm or was it fairly obvious?)