Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 194
  1. #141

    Default

    Will be logging in about 2 hours, the games start in 3 hours.

    May the odds ever be in your favor (and beware of divine "random environmental effects")....

  2. #142

    Default

    Congratulations Thresshh winning two Hunger Games in a row!


    All rounds 10 minutes in the Stash unless otherwise noted.

    Round 1

    Red Team ~ The A Team
    Wolfmantor 5
    Pipkid 9
    Fawngate 6 ~ Referee
    Hashnhack 2 ~ Elimintated
    Smartparts 4
    Thresshh 15

    Blue Team ~ Group W Bench
    Zarthagu 18
    Dresarius 22
    Mogyoro 15
    Playpossum 5
    Saleena-Riedra 2 ~ Referee
    Hungereater 4 ~ Eliminated



    Round 2

    Red Team ~ The A Team
    Playpossum 7
    Zarthagu 15
    Fawngate 1 ~ Referee
    Pipkid 6 ~ Eliminated
    Mogyoro 16

    Blue Team ~ Group W Bench
    Dresarius 5
    Wolfmantor 2
    Thresshh 7
    Saleena-Riedra ~ Referee
    Smartparts ~ Did not play due to computer problems Eliminated



    Round 3

    Red Team ~ The A Team
    Playpossum 6 ~ Eliminated
    Zarthagu 13
    Fawngate 2 ~ Referee
    Thresshh 12

    Blue Team ~ Group W Bench
    Wolfmantor 3 ~ Eliminated
    Saleena-Riedra 1 ~ Referee
    Mogyoro 4
    Dresarius 5



    Round 4

    Red Team ~ The A Team
    Fawn 3 ~ Referee
    Dresarius 2
    Zarthagu 2

    Blue Team ~ Group W Bench
    Mogyoro 10
    Saleena 1 ~ Referee
    Thresshh 10



    Tie Breaker A for Round 4

    Rematch ~ 5 minutes in the Desert Arena (flags not counted)
    Thresshh 1
    Mogyoro 0



    Tie Breaker B for Round 4

    Rematch ~ 5 minutes in the Quickfoot Hideout Arena (flags not counted)
    Zarthagu 4
    Dresarius 0



    Round 5

    Red Team ~ The A Team
    Zarthagu 1
    Fawngate 1

    Blue Team ~ Group W Bench
    Thresshh 6
    Saleena 0



    Prizes were generous all around with even some door prizes to some eliminated early.

    First place was 400k plat, 20 White Flawless Dragonscales, and an EH +8 Str White Dragonhelm.

  3. #143

    Default

    Hats off to Mogyoro for a creatively designed toon who almost won.

  4. #144
    Community Member Ziindarax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Hats off to Mogyoro for a creatively designed toon who almost won.
    Sorry for not showing up (yet again - thanks to real life), but out of curiosity, how was mogyoro's toon creatively designed? Artificer/wizard?
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

    Fernian Summer Carnival

  5. #145
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,769

    Default

    Sounds like a great time this weekend. Very cool!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  6. #146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    Sorry for not showing up (yet again - thanks to real life), but out of curiosity, how was mogyoro's toon creatively designed? Artificer/wizard?
    Yes a variation of that, so we saw a ranged build entering the semi-finals for the first time.

    Had it been the Joker's Death roll off, he might have won it all,
    or had he not been against the awesome Thresshh,
    or had the random roll for his arena been quickfoot instead of the desert...

    I heard him whisper something about cookies after he lost,
    but he went away in good humor with lots of goodies including 4 raid bypass timers, two +3 tomes, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Sounds like a great time this weekend. Very cool!
    Definitely!
    Thank you.
    Eppy Woot!


    The desert is a bit confining/hard to locate foes; the quick foot hideout is bit open.
    But I would like to start including the Capture the Flag arenas somehow.

    Not sure if a random roll for arenas would be good.
    Such as 1 thru 50% = Stash
    51 thru 75% = Sands of Menechtarun
    76 thru 100% = Quickfoot Hideout

    The Pit has a level restriction on it, so we cannot use it.

    Or we could try:
    Round 1 Quickfoot Hideout
    Round 2 Sands of Menechtarun
    Round 3+ Stash
    Possibly make the team with the most flag captures be immune to player removal?

    The round 4 semi-finals tie breaker being divided up and only 5 minutes worked fairly well.


    The only complaint so far is being attacked as your toon is spawning.
    Not sure if anything could be done about that, I think someone in the PVP forums suggested spawning in the air
    with a feather fall buff?
    In the capture the flag arenas, the referee could just defend his home base, killing any foe entering therein.

    If the Devs have any spare time, adding another arena(s) would be nice, someday, but ty ty for what we have!
    Its a lot of fun when organized, such a difference from hanging out in the lobster pvp.

  7. #147
    Community Member Moltier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hungary, Budapest
    Posts
    779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Yes a variation of that, so we saw a ranged build entering the semi-finals for the first time.

    Had it been the Joker's Death roll off, he might have won it all,
    or had he not been against the awesome Thresshh,
    or had the random roll for his arena been quickfoot instead of the desert...

    I heard him whisper something about cookies after he lost,
    but he went away in good humor with lots of goodies including 4 raid bypass timers, two +3 tomes, etc...
    Mogyoro here
    This pvp was a tonn of fun!
    I have tried pvp a few times before this and it was boring. But you made it fun and entertaining!
    My first very early death was by falling down, and while doing this just noticed a blade barrier. Oh-oh i said, then DING!
    So props to you two!

    Cookies turned the tide of the battle, since i had no access to them, but it was my fault to not react correctly. The build had the tool. The lightning strike just shocked me literally!
    Cannith
    Csodaszarvas
    Valyria - Hulkie - Sillymilly - Killberry - Silvyanna - Walour - Corgak - Thalrian-1

  8. #148
    Community Member Blue_wizards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    547

    Default

    These events just get better and better!
    I was really excited to see all these new ideas come into play and had fun testing myself against them.

    Playpossom was doing very well with his holds and considerable sonic damage. Nice call to take advantage of low will saves.

    I couldn't decide what was worse, playing with or against Mogyoro. Against him, for obvious reasons, being pelted with a lacerating repeater, getting sickened, crippled and greased really sank one's moral. Playing with him was though since he was cutting down people super fast.

    When it came down to Thresshh vs Mogyoro I knew I had to get a plan and stick to it since chasing a ranged toon across open land with no sprint boost wasn't going to go well. So I used ranged vs ranged only my ranged was in the form of cookies. Once I was ahead I could inforce my type of game, close combat, by taking cover behind a pillar and strafing around it to block a ranged line from mogyoro to me. Since I wasn't going to chase Mogyoro in the open and Mogyoro wasn't going to get in melle range of me we were at a stallmate.

    I'd like to thank all the players and hosts for making this the incredible fun that it was!
    I hope I'll be able to make it next month to defend my title
    Officer of the notorious Double Deviants of khyber.
    Costing you 10% xp on
    Goodthings, Goldnblood, Goodmetal, Goldmooon, Goldsunn, Blackart, Catalyster, Lichlordd and Goldlit.

  9. #149
    Community Member bergeau09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada. (Playing on Khyber)
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moltier View Post
    Mogyoro here
    This pvp was a tonn of fun!
    I have tried pvp a few times before this and it was boring. But you made it fun and entertaining!
    My first very early death was by falling down, and while doing this just noticed a blade barrier. Oh-oh i said, then DING!
    So props to you two!

    Cookies turned the tide of the battle, since i had no access to them, but it was my fault to not react correctly. The build had the tool. The lightning strike just shocked me literally!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_wizards View Post
    These events just get better and better!
    I was really excited to see all these new ideas come into play and had fun testing myself against them.

    Playpossom was doing very well with his holds and considerable sonic damage. Nice call to take advantage of low will saves.

    I couldn't decide what was worse, playing with or against Mogyoro. Against him, for obvious reasons, being pelted with a lacerating repeater, getting sickened, crippled and greased really sank one's moral. Playing with him was though since he was cutting down people super fast.

    When it came down to Thresshh vs Mogyoro I knew I had to get a plan and stick to it since chasing a ranged toon across open land with no sprint boost wasn't going to go well. So I used ranged vs ranged only my ranged was in the form of cookies. Once I was ahead I could inforce my type of game, close combat, by taking cover behind a pillar and strafing around it to block a ranged line from mogyoro to me. Since I wasn't going to chase Mogyoro in the open and Mogyoro wasn't going to get in melle range of me we were at a stallmate.

    I'd like to thank all the players and hosts for making this the incredible fun that it was!
    I hope I'll be able to make it next month to defend my title
    Sorry for the delay. Was more on game than on forum lately.

    -

    Really happy you guys liked it, everyone is welcome back for next event which is big prize if im not mistaken. Wish I could of make it this august but RL plan made me cancel.
    thanks again for the feedback! really appreciate support =)

    Hoss~
    Hossa / Darree ~Khyber~ Doom Legion (Level 75)
    Proud Host of the DDO Hunger Games Along with Fawngate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

  10. #150

    Default

    Everything has changed, except our rules which will stay exactly the same.

    Let the training begin, and may the odds ever be in your favor.

  11. #151

    Default

    I will repeat myself in plain language.

    We will not be changing any of our rules.

    Yes, the enhancement pass and new/old equipment changed everything.

    Until a single build raises its head to dominate competition for 6 months straight,
    rules will remain as they stand.

  12. #152

    Default

    Marmillex, thank you for the donation.

    All donations are appreciated but not solicited.

    Only a week and a half till the next Hunger Games match!

  13. #153
    Community Member bergeau09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada. (Playing on Khyber)
    Posts
    291

    Default Updating everything.

    Sorry all, didn't have time to update player list for this month.
    Just some quick remember;

    Price this month:

    - September is a huge month with
    Dungeons & Dragons Online™: Menace of the Underdark™ Standard Edition - Digital Download
    Dungeons & Dragons Online™: Shadowfell Conspiracy™ Collector's Edition - Digital Download
    Dungeons & Dragons Online™: Shadowfell Conspiracy™ Legendary Upgrade - Digital Download
    being granted to the first prize winner. -


    The games will happen Sept 14th.

    Rules have not being changed.

    We still have ~ 7 spots as some are saved for now.

    Best of luck to everyone, remember to have fun!
    Last edited by bergeau09; 09-06-2013 at 07:30 AM.
    Hossa / Darree ~Khyber~ Doom Legion (Level 75)
    Proud Host of the DDO Hunger Games Along with Fawngate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

  14. #154
    Community Member Moltier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hungary, Budapest
    Posts
    779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bergeau09 View Post

    The games will happen Sept 14th.

    Rules have not being changed.

    We still have ~ 7 spots as some are saved for now.

    Best of luck to everyone, remember to have fun!
    I'll come again! Sadly Mogyoro got killed by the new system, but i'll come with a new silly build!
    Cannith
    Csodaszarvas
    Valyria - Hulkie - Sillymilly - Killberry - Silvyanna - Walour - Corgak - Thalrian-1

  15. #155
    Community Member bergeau09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada. (Playing on Khyber)
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moltier View Post
    I'll come again! Sadly Mogyoro got killed by the new system, but i'll come with a new silly build!
    Awsome news, best of luck to you =)
    Hossa / Darree ~Khyber~ Doom Legion (Level 75)
    Proud Host of the DDO Hunger Games Along with Fawngate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

  16. #156
    Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    622

    Default

    I might be able to come but it is Yom Kippur so probably not.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

    Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

  17. #157
    Community Member Anyes_Eristan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    6

    Default September 14

    Fellnar wants a spot if one is available :-)
    Khyber -- Dryndll : Shnyder : Bahamutt : Superfluous : Aijaruc : Superreal

  18. #158
    Community Member bergeau09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Quebec, Canada. (Playing on Khyber)
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Book_O_Dragons View Post
    I might be able to come but it is Yom Kippur so probably not.

    Will save spot until friday morning. Tell if you can or not by this time =)


    Quote Originally Posted by Anyes_Eristan View Post
    Fellnar wants a spot if one is available :-)
    Sure thing! Added! GL !
    Hossa / Darree ~Khyber~ Doom Legion (Level 75)
    Proud Host of the DDO Hunger Games Along with Fawngate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

  19. #159

    Default

    In game mail (and very good role playing):

    Sar, Rhaan 7, 998 YK

    Dear Fawngate,

    Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm a Man, lean, dark, tall, by some called Eagus, the Dark Hunter. I know your business, the DDO Hunger Games, and, with your permission, I would like to volunteer. I volunteer. I volunteer as tribute.

    Yours in haste,

    Eagus, the Dark Hunter

    P.S. You have my sword. E.

    P.P.S. And my heavy repeating crossbow. E.

    P.P.P.S. Make sure that I am the real Eagus, the Dark Hunter. There are many strange men on the server. My true name is Eagus, the Dark Hunter. E.

    Fare Well!

    E.

  20. #160
    Community Member Blue_wizards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    547

    Default Would like in please

    Hi guys,

    Would like to join for this edition as well please.

    Hope to see you there
    Officer of the notorious Double Deviants of khyber.
    Costing you 10% xp on
    Goodthings, Goldnblood, Goodmetal, Goldmooon, Goldsunn, Blackart, Catalyster, Lichlordd and Goldlit.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload