Angry asdhjfkdjafijfksdkfcjsdkffs!

I can't begin to tell you all how much i want to fold my laptop in half over my knee when i wake up and look forward to some awesome DDO gameplay but.........wait for it.........THE CLIENT HANGS....and it requires my patience because my screen is black and windows 8 lacks some discipline. Please fix or can anyone help me fix it?
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default A lot more information is needed

All you provided was that you run Windows 8 and that you run from a laptop.

1. I don't run from Windows 8 because Windows 8 is horrendous. Microsoft is releasing a massive upgrade, and once I see how it works I might consider going to Windows 8.

2. I don't run from a laptop, because running from a laptop is horrendous. I tried from a laptop long ago, never, never again.

Now,

Are you running wireless? I have tried playing from wireless, that is no good for me.

When was the last time you successfully logged in? If it was May 29, on May 30 Turbine released a patch that ensured you could not play the game. There are many posts and threads on how to fix it.

How much RAM do you have? How old is this laptop? What is the graphics card? What directory is your DDOclient.exe in? What are dates of Turbineinvoker.exe, dndlauncher.exe, or turbinelauncher.exe do you have? Do you have more than one Turbine directory on your machine?

Click on Turbineregistergdf.exe and try again.

If you click on the game icon, what is the first thing you see? Can you get to the login screen?

What other processes are you running on the machine?

Do you have Steam?

Is your firewall blocking Awesomium or Steam?
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default I was willing to try and help

Been four hours, and since there is no follow up, I won't go looking for this thread again.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Post Hope you see this...

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    All you provided was that you run Windows 8 and that you run from a laptop.

1. I don't run from Windows 8 because Windows 8 is horrendous. Microsoft is releasing a massive upgrade, and once I see how it works I might consider going to Windows 8.
    Not my preferred choice of operating system

2. I don't run from a laptop, because running from a laptop is horrendous. I tried from a laptop long ago, never, never again.
    Laptop is fine as long as i can play with a mouse
    Now,

Are you running wireless? I have tried playing from wireless, that is no good for me.
    Nope, I always have an Ethernet cable plugged in. Call me crazy

When was the last time you successfully logged in? If it was May 29, on May 30 Turbine released a patch that ensured you could not play the game. There are many posts and threads on how to fix it.
    This morning
    How much RAM do you have?
    4069 mb
    How old is this laptop?
    2 months
    What is the graphics card?
    Intel HD Graphics "I know it's garbage but it works."
    What directory is your DDOclient.exe in?
    (C) Program Files x86
    What are dates of Turbineinvoker.exe, dndlauncher.exe, or turbinelauncher.exe do you have?
    5/12/2013
    Do you have more than one Turbine directory on your machine?
    No
    Click on Turbineregistergdf.exe and try again.
    I will attempt when im done with this post.
    If you click on the game icon, what is the first thing you see? Can you get to the login screen?
    Yes, The client ONLY hangs after i've selected any character right before loading in the game.

What other processes are you running on the machine?
    Only the essentials nothing spectacular.
    Do you have Steam?
    Yes
    Is your firewall blocking Awesomium or Steam?
    Not steam, and idk about Awesomium

Sorry about my delayed response but i've been running errands most of the day already. Hope to hear from you soon!
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by xxHazexx View Post
    Not steam, and idk about Awesomium

Sorry about my delayed response but i've been running errands most of the day already. Hope to hear from you soon!
    You're running directx 10 or 11. You'll need to change it to directx 9. (if you can even install that on windows 8, I have zero windows 8 experience) That said there is a massive conflict inside ddo for directx 10/11 with the intel hd graphics and it can not use them and you will only see a black screen.

Also as a side note for actual help you may want to set your thread name to something other than random character spam as it makes it look like it's going to be a troll post.

Post It's not a direct x issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    You're running directx 10 or 11. You'll need to change it to directx 9. (if you can even install that on windows 8, I have zero windows 8 experience) That said there is a massive conflict inside ddo for directx 10/11 with the intel hd graphics and it can not use them and you will only see a black screen.

Also as a side note for actual help you may want to set your thread name to something other than random character spam as it makes it look like it's going to be a troll post.
    Nor do i just see a black screen. I get a loading bar, right,after, I, select, a character. That then does nothing except continuously look like it's going to do something....Turns out, it doesn't until i restart the client.
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

Nor do i just see a black screen. I get a loading bar, right,after, I, select, a character. That then does nothing except continuously look like it's going to do something....Turns out, it doesn't until i restart the client.
    So you're stuck on a loading screen not a black screen that was stated in the initial post?

If that's true I had that problem a few weeks ago. My experience with it is that something in the dat files gets fragmented or corrupted and it will not load. The only fix I found for myself was a complete reinstall.

Default Yes. It was stated if you read it. I said nothing about a black screen...

So you're stuck on a loading screen not a black screen that was stated in the initial post?

If that's true I had that problem a few weeks ago. My experience with it is that something in the dat files gets fragmented or corrupted and it will not load. The only fix I found for myself was a complete reinstall.
    Fantastic, well ill just wait for better suggestions before i re-install anything. Doesn't sound like a very credible source of information either. Thanks for the input though. Also forgot to mention my screen is only black for a second before i alt+f4 trying to get out of the application because of a slow processor. My apologies, hope this clears some unclear context up.
    Last edited by xxHazexx; 06-08-2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: because feet in mouth taste good.
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

.and it requires my patience because my screen is black
    Looks like I was right with my first instinct troll post.

Looks like I was right with my first instinct troll post.

Also forgot to mention my screen is only black for a second before i alt+f4 trying to get out of the application because of a slow processor. My apologies, hope this clears some unclear context up. No im not trolling either im just forgetful sometimes.

Feet in my mouth taste good.
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

Post Example A. However, this isn't a substantial fix.

Also forgot to mention my screen is only black for a second before i alt+f4 trying to get out of the application because of a slow processor. My apologies, hope this clears some unclear context up. No im not trolling either im just forgetful sometimes.

Feet in my mouth taste good.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-twice-to-play

Other people are clearly having the same issue only i haven't found a definitive answer.
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

Post Anger is one hell of a drug.

If i would have read a few titles down and seen this i wouldn't have wasted play time today. My judgement was clouded, happens to the best of us. Anyway i found a solution for something i wasn't sure was an addressed issue but it was and i missed the memo apparently.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...rting-DO-THIS-!!

Hope this helps and GL!
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

Community Member

I'm surprised it works at all.... you have no video card, and I still don't know how old the laptop is ("2 months old" could be anywhere from 2month to 5 yr old technology).