Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dragon in the market place

Has it attacked anyone else too? Or did I just do something to tick it off?

(Combat): You attempt to save versus dragon buffet. You roll a 16 (+30): save!
    (Combat): You suffer 1 point of damage from Dragon Buffet.
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post

Got me about a week ago on the way to Gianthold.

Community Member

It's not an attack. Dragons just feel it's not their job to avoid those foolish enough not to get out of their way (that's if they even give the subject any thought in the first place). Kind of like how most people feel about ants they share a sidewalk with.

As they say in Argonnessen; "Dragons do as they will, the rest endure what they must".

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Been happening a long time

Not sure if it was day 1 when the dragon was introduced in the marketplace, but I have been knocked down a few times. My first time had to be a few months ago.

I try to avoid running through that area of the marketplace except when I go to Gianthold.

I do think it is kind of cool though, this is a game called Dungeons and Dragons. It is sort of annoyance when it happens but no where near how much annoyance I have in the Crafting Hall.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

My first experience with the dragon in Marketplace scared the cr*p outta me.
    I'd not been on for a couple of months, and no one told me about it, totally took me by surprise.
    The derisive laughter from my guildies was almost enough to make me ragequit.
    I was all like "OMG guys! Dragons are attacking Marketplace! What do?"

Yep, happened to me on a couple of chars now. It's not an actual aggro-based attack, just a side-effect of a dragon landing in a popular area.
    There is no free lunch.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post

Considering it is a dragon, count yourself lucky that you only got 1 pt of damage

The first time I got knocked down by it I was like Cool! I wouldn't have cared if I died, it was so cool.

Whaaaa? You guys trolling? Ive seen Velah flying around the market for years now, but her landing?

"Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

Into light, into darkness, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Its not Velah - apparently you haven't been in the market for a while

I have, but not for extended periods of time haha. I have screenshots of about 5-6 years ago with Velah flying around. And a bit ago saw another dragon flying over the Harbor.

PS

Took a 3 month break and I just got back, so still not 100% up to date with things.

"Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

Into light, into darkness, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    My first experience with the dragon in Marketplace scared the cr*p outta me.
    I'd not been on for a couple of months, and no one told me about it, totally took me by surprise.
    The derisive laughter from my guildies was almost enough to make me ragequit.
    I was all like "OMG guys! Dragons are attacking Marketplace! What do?"
    LOL same thing happened to me. I recently returned to the game after a long absence. First time I logged in, I left the Phoenix tavern, went up the steps by the bank, and there was this huge BOOM! and the ground all shook and stuff. I was like "The heck was THAT?!?" S I look around and there's this giant frickin Dragon there! Gulp! "I hope I'm not s'posed to fight this thing!?!?!"
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Community Member

The dragon knocked me down but I was not afraid because it looked like a good silver dragon and a dragon that size could have done massive damaga. It is a good way to see if there are enough points in Balance without testing in combat.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waaye View Post
    The dragon knocked me down but I was not afraid because it looked like a good silver dragon and a dragon that size could have done massive damaga. It is a good way to see if there are enough points in Balance without testing in combat.
    Nope, its an evil white dragon But its just got more important matters to attend to than eating you, right now. That, or a much bigger Red dragon ordered it to leave the bipeds alone and focus on its task...

Community Member

Yep. Same happened to me right after the epic GH update. She is a bit bolshy, too.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Nope, its an evil white dragon But its just got more important matters to attend to than eating you, right now. That, or a much bigger Red dragon ordered it to leave the bipeds alone and focus on its task...
    She's serving the blue, not the red (who should be dead by the story line point when the blue shows up), and she's supposed to be silver.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Actually, it is a silver dragon according to what Turbine has stated if I recall correctly.

Default True but...

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I do think it is kind of cool though, this is a game called Dungeons and Dragons.
    I'd feel the same way if I was walking through the marketplace minding my own business and got hit by a Dungeon.
    ͡ᵢᵥ
    ֖ ֥ You have angered many opponents, and your enemies have been alerted to the presence of your trolling.
     ͜‴

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rhomnibus View Post
    I'd feel the same way if I was walking through the marketplace minding my own business and got hit by a Dungeon.
    I did that to players in a game I DM's once...

First time that happened to me I hopped up and began swinging blindly in a circle for a few minutes....must have looked like such a mook lol:P
    Thelanis - Solo Artists (level 15 guild)
    Saihung - 16 Ranger : Narir - 12 Wizard: Doodlebrain Wisenhammer - 8 Paladin
    Fuirwyn HalfFull - 14 Rogue Mechanic: Nephtalia Treehugger - 6 Druid: Wusai - 6 Fighter

Nope, its an evil white dragon
    Racist

(or should that be Speciesist? :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast