Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Spell Critical chance/damage/Lore items fixed..for the expansion. Need clarifcations

From the Maj thread:

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    When will spell casting be fixed/adjusted for Lore/crit damage?
    This will be fixed completely for the expansion pack. There may be some band aids in U18 p2
    What is this "band aids" exactly? It's either you are going to completely fix it for U18P2 or not.

What are casters supposed to do till the expansion? Or till P2? Park their chars and jump on the ship?

Again, way to go turbine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Reroll.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    What is this "band aids" exactly? It's either you are going to completely fix it for U18P2 or not.

What are casters supposed to do till the expansion? Or till P2? Park their chars and jump on the ship?
    While your point is valid, I think the more interesting question is whether the enhancement pass ships with the expansion, and whether that is the only "fix" casters are going to see.

Again, way to go turbine.
    Well, gl on getting specifics... As the enhancement pass is due (presumably) in late August, I imagine Turbine doesn't see the need to completely fix something that's only going to be around for ~8 weeks (from the time of 18.2) Heck, in some cases, they don't seem to see the need to fix something that'll be here permantaly...

As for what to do... Maybe expand your horizons beyond casters? Not being facetious, just pragmatic. If casters are broken beyond your ability to enjoy, try to enjoy something else...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

so spells aren't criting much anymore? lovely. we need more bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Hathorian View Post
    so spells aren't criting much anymore? lovely. we need more bugs!
    Lore items are doing nothing.

The first tier of enhancement is now 1% instead of 4%, left over from the Enhancement preview.

So we have like 6% chance to crit, the crit damage is bugged because the items are bugged and casters are SOL.

*maybe
    Reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    As for what to do... Maybe expand your horizons beyond casters? Not being facetious, just pragmatic. If casters are broken beyond your ability to enjoy, try to enjoy something else...
    I knew someone would have come up with this. The thing is: I enjoy only casters and the only melee I like in this game is a rog. But I don't like playing melees as much as I like playing a caster. Proof of this is that since this bug, I'ven't logged in game.

*maybe
    Reroll.

I knew someone would have come up with this. The thing is: I enjoy only casters and the only melee I like in this game is a rog. But I don't like playing melees as much as I like playing a caster. Proof of this is that since this bug, I'ven't logged in game.
    Well, that's the bummer with self-imposed restrictions; if you're only willing to drive a convertible, then you're stuck in the house on a rainy day... Too each their own I guess.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Well, that's the bummer with self-imposed restrictions; if you're only willing to drive a convertible, then you're stuck in the house on a rainy day... Too each their own I guess.
    It's not a self-imposed restriction. I bet you don't eat something you don't like. Also, playing a melee means I have to start a fresh one, level to 20 and gear him up, farm ED...not happening soon.

*maybe
    Reroll.

Community Member

It's not a self-imposed restriction. I bet you don't eat something you don't like. Also, playing a melee means I have to start a fresh one, level to 20 and gear him up, farm ED...not happening soon.
    No, just get your caster a good staff and start wacking things if you think that would be more effective than casting with fewer crits.

You're right, I don't eat things I don't like; and that's a self imposed restriction that limits my options when ordering off a menu.

Given that you don't like melees, maybe start a new caster if you don't have one you want to TR? A lack of uber crits won't hurt you too bad while leveling, especially at the early stages.

As for "have to level to 20, get gear & farm destinies" all that's only really needed to make an uber melee, and would take longer than the arrival 18.2 anyway.

You don't like melee? Fine, don't play one. I was just suggesting an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    No, just get your caster a good staff and start wacking things if you think that would be more effective than casting with fewer crits.
    I lol'ed.

You're right, I don't eat things I don't like; and that's a self imposed restriction that limits my options when ordering off a menu.

Given that you don't like melees, maybe start a new caster if you don't have one you want to TR? A lack of uber crits won't hurt you too bad while leveling, especially at the early stages.

As for "have to level to 20, get gear & farm destinies" all that's only really needed to make an uber melee, and would take longer than the arrival 18.2 anyway.

You don't like melee? Fine, don't play one. I was just suggesting an option.
    I'm not bringing a first lifer ungeared and bugged caster or ungeared first life melee to EEs. It would be a burden on the party.

How about they hotfix spell crit for casters? Does that sound an option? It's not me the only one affected by these bugs. It's a whole part of the game.

*maybe
    Reroll.

I'm not bringing a first lifer ungeared and bugged caster or ungeared first life melee to EEs. It would be a burden on the party.
    Oooooooohhhhhhh right, I forgot the game only has one difficulty setting...
    How about they hotfix spell crit for casters? Does that sound an option?
    I imagine if it were an option they would have... So no, it doesn't sound like an option.
    It's not me the only one affected by these bugs. It's a whole part of the game.
    And yet every server has a "who" list full of people who manage to play (and presumably) enjoy this game right now at this very moment! And some of them are even casters, across a whole spectrum of levels!

I guess they must be doing it wrong...

Oooooooohhhhhhh right, I forgot the game only has one difficulty setting...

I imagine if it were an option they would have... So no, it doesn't sound like an option.

And yet every server has a "who" list full of people who manage to play (and presumably) enjoy this game right now at this very moment! And some of them are even casters, across a whole spectrum of levels!

I guess they must be doing it wrong...
    They are doing it wrong in fact. Arcanes, at the moment, are just a burden to every party in game. EN, EH, EE. Doesn't matter. Well I guess EN really doesn't count anyway. You are better off taking a 12Clr/7FVS/1RNG than a pure arcane.

If you want to be a burden to your party, please be your guest. Others shouldn't. I shouldn't and I won't.

Also, I imagine that they HAVE the option to do it before expansion. If they have an ETA on when it will be fixed, it means they know what to do to fix them. They just won't do a hotfix for this mess.

*maybe
    Reroll.

They are doing it wrong in fact. Arcanes, at the moment, are just a burden to every party in game. EN, EH, EE. Doesn't matter. Well I guess EN really doesn't count anyway. You are better off taking a 12Clr/7FVS/1RNG than a pure arcane.

If you want to be a burden to your party, please be your guest. Others shouldn't. I shouldn't and I won't.

Also, I imagine that they HAVE the option to do it before expansion. If they have an ETA on when it will be fixed, it means they know what to do to fix them. They just won't do a hotfix for this mess.

10-20% less damage does not change you from awesome into a complete burden...

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    What? It's more like 60% less damage. It's not only crit chance, but also crit multiplier. Do you even know what you are talking about?

*maybe
    Reroll.

Community Member

Not complete burden, but not fun to play when you were relying on magic damage to pull you through.

It is more than that. Even 20% is enough for e to be upset about. 20% is no small thing. What if all your melee weapon dies were only 1d12 instead of 3, or your crit range went to only a 20, and the multiplier is now only x2.

What? It's more like 60% less damage. It's not only crit chance, but also crit multiplier. Do you even know what you are talking about?
    Let's assume an 18% crit with +300% damage...

100*1 + 18*3 = 154, so critical damage is 54/154 = 35% of your damage..

How can your damage decrease by 60%?

My casters, both arcanes and divines, still solo EEs with no pots with a few pikers in there for added scaled fun.
    But yeah, I really am a burden to myself. I've tried to squelsch my casters, but the game won't let me.

A clueless guess, so you must be right.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    My casters, both arcanes and divines, still solo EEs with no pots with a few pikers in there for added scaled fun.
    But yeah, I really am a burden to myself. I've tried to squelsch my casters, but the game won't let me.
    You are too uber Only playing with the right hand I suppose!

*maybe
    Reroll.

Let's assume an 18% crit with +300% damage...

100*1 + 18*3 = 154, so critical damage is 54/154 = 35% of your damage..

How can your damage decrease by 60%?
    Which is more than you thought in any case. 35% of DPS decrease is a small thing? Then we ar eplaying two different games. I'd like to see you playing your melees with 20/x2 weapons as well. We will see if you still think that you aren't a burden to your party.

Oh and btw, it was a 12% lore item + 9% from enhancement = 21%.

*maybe
    Reroll.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast