Community Member

Default Hireling(s) who will rezz you?

Hi all,

Loving the game, I find that I end up soloing about half of my play time.

Usually I'll take a cleric hireling to make things easier - but are there certain ones at certain levels who get the rezz ability?

Thanks!

Community Member

Starting at level 9 most of the Cleric and many Favored Soul hirelings come with a rez ability; Raise Dead, and later Resurrection and True Resurrection. If you want to make certain, the text box of the hireling contract will list four abilities that the hireling will cast on command.

Community Member

you can find a list of hirelings along with the spells/abilities they have available here:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Hireling#List_of_hirelings

Community Member

Any hireling may be able to take your stone to a shrine as well. Target your own stone and tell them to "use" it. They'll pick up your stone and then you can run as a ghost to the shrine and they'll follow you. There's a bit of a bug in that they'll drop your stone if they have to teleport to follow you, or if they have to use a ladder, but it's better than never being able to have a hire carry your stone.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RudedawCDN View Post
    Usually I'll take a cleric hireling to make things easier - but are there certain ones at certain levels who get the rezz ability?
    Raise Dead is a lvl 5 spell; every lvl 9+ cleric and lvl 10+ FvS hireling has it or Resurrection (lvl 8 spell). Although now that I think about it, it's a pity the lvl 6 elf cleric hireling doesn't have Undying Call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frotz View Post
    Any hireling may be able to take your stone to a shrine as well. Target your own stone and tell them to "use" it. They'll pick up your stone and then you can run as a ghost to the shrine and they'll follow you.
    While that's true, it can be an exercise in extreme frustration to get a hireling to run into whatever mob or trap killed you, grab your stone, and run all the way to the nearest shrine w/out losing your stone or being killed themselves. Then again, the same could be said about getting one to rez you in the middle of whatever killed you, too...

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Raise Dead is a lvl 5 spell; every lvl 9+ cleric and lvl 10+ FvS hireling has it or Resurrection (lvl 8 spell). Although now that I think about it, it's a pity the lvl 6 elf cleric hireling doesn't have Undying Call.

While that's true, it can be an exercise in extreme frustration to get a hireling to run into whatever mob or trap killed you, grab your stone, and run all the way to the nearest shrine w/out losing your stone or being killed themselves. Then again, the same could be said about getting one to rez you in the middle of whatever killed you, too...
    Also keep in mind that if a hireling has your rez stone, and has to jump or go swimming (the worst) it will drop your stone. In the case of water, they can't pick it back up because it drops to the bottom. Very frustrating when solo.
    Thelanis - Solo Artists (level 15 guild)
    Saihung - 16 Ranger : Narir - 12 Wizard: Doodlebrain Wisenhammer - 8 Paladin
    Fuirwyn HalfFull - 14 Rogue Mechanic: Nephtalia Treehugger - 6 Druid: Wusai - 6 Fighter